Is anyone else concerned he's slowly but surely killing basically all businesses that aren't Amazon...

Is anyone else concerned he's slowly but surely killing basically all businesses that aren't Amazon? Granted I'm part of the problem because I never go to stores anymore and just get everything I need delivered through Amazon, but this doesn't seem to be leading to a good place for us economically.

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/cmp/Amazon.com/salaries
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is anyone else concerned
nope.
this is what is supposed to happen.

you don't need a retail store other than amazon.

retail store employees should have real jobs anyways.

Retail stores always have a shitty selection, plus you have to go out and deal with other humans. They can rot for all I care.

this, start manufacturing

Oh yeah, it's incredible. Since the Amazon warehouse opened up in a town near mine I've watched over the past few years as the smaller towns with less money slowly turn into human-farms serving only to supply Amazon with workers... It's kind of scary. In a decade, all Americans will work for Amazon.

its funny, this seems to be the only obvious take over happening that most people recognize as a take over, but are okay with it happening

Universal basic income is coming that much faster thanks to Bezos. It's fine. He just found a more efficient way to kike just like Walmart did back in the day.

Someday most small businesses will be a part of Amazon.

Amazon will provide and deliver products to small businesses for consumers to "get a feel" for products instead of online.

Amazon will someday become a trillion dollar corporation, they'll govern the sector of business & transport.

Amazon is just so much better than other stores, so who can blame them?

This happened recently, I wanted a pair of Adidas campus shoes when I found out they are on the market again. I go to two Adidas stores, can't find them. Get home order them on Amazon and have them in two days for probably less than I would of spent in the mall. It can't really be helped that retail is shit compared to Amazon. That's how the free market works man, best man wins.

They are fine with it because the whiny leftists think it's hip to buy everything from there.

>That's how the free market works man, best man wins.
I'm the same way and I recognize this as true on some level, but at the same time it can't be a good thing to end up in an economy where the only company left in existence is Amazon.

It's funny, I remember when Amazon stocks were like a fucking few cents. If I only I knew then what I know now...

Yes, I too feel for people replaced by efficiency

I weep for all the elevator operators, soda jerks, trolly ticket takers, icebox ice delivery men, switchboard operators, and of course the biggest victims, the people who used to reset bowling pins

truly these highly skilled professions are the bedrock of any economy, and woe to the story clerk who will be replaced by a warehouse drone

I sure as hell am worried.

Not because of their size, but because people are willing to pay more than the lowest price for goods. Somehow amazon has got people wholly dependent on them for things and they have forgotten how to find things and seek a better price.

Walmart won the day be improving efficiency and lowering prices. Amazon is improving efficiency and pocketing the money.

They pay their warehouse slaves less than walmart employees. They can get away with working people into the dirt because the customer's never need to see them suffering.

Yes and it's very concerning. I recently purchases something off ebay since I deliberately try to avoid Amazon, and it was actually handled by Amazon, when there was nothing to indicate it would be based on the sellers page.

They are an evil corporation, them, alphabet, etc need to be broken up with anti trust laws.

This.
The failing of modern capitalism isn't in the companies who attempt to take advantage of the people, or the government which doesn't regulate the companies. It is in the people, who for all intents and purposes do not participate in actual capitalism. Who pay more because they do not care that they pay more, in all things.

Manufacturing what?

This is sort of right.

technology is designed to create unemployment

with this fact in mind, i'm moving towards black markets

It's not efficiency.

Amazon items are priced higher than their competition. Shipping to a home costs more money than a centralized warehouse. (Which they are trying to do because it is efficient). Shipping for returns is even worse.

What happened is that a bunch of you rubes were swayed by two day shipping thinking it was god's gift to man. They are praised for their "efficiency" and when they finally have brick and mortar stores those too will be declared "brilliant innovations" as well.

They do the same job that has always been done but take a bigger cut of it. They get away with it because they somehow have gotten people to ignore price signals. (Possibly because the search is shit and you can't meaningfully sort price high to low)

You need a strong manufacturing base if you don't want to funnel all your money to Chyna

Widget spinners

Monopoly laws will eventually prevent it.

Bezos ....OUR Overlord ,GOD

Nope, beca use amazon doesn't do much in the way of actual work. A lot of their offerings are marketplace stuff.

They don't control all of retail, just one marketplace out of many.

Amazon no longer has competitive pricing on many items. I say their reign of dominance has already peaked. For example I just bought some stuff from a hobby store that was cheaper + free shipping + loyalty points + wasn't packed by a mongoloid.

Well said.

he's the walmart of the internet. it's up to you to either pay higher prices by going to stores or deal with amazon.

>checked
It's not just retail, but they are starting to look towards taking over services as well

this right here. it's truly astonishing to watch. these motherfuckers will sell you a literal Cheez-It button so your fat ass can automate your own impulses. it's amazing how hard people like to get fucked

I'm a worker ant at the local warehouse. Can confirm world domination is the final goal.

>They pay their warehouse slaves less than walmart employees

Why make shit up for no reason? My starting wage was $14/hour and that's standard. Show me a Walmart that matches that or even goes more than a couple bucks above minimum wage and I'll gladly be a door greeter instead.

Free market just leads to everything becoming communism under a different name but the kikes still get away with it

As I mentioned before, amazon doesn't actually do much. They are the market landlords and want to take their cut.

Do what I do. Use amazon to get the UPS/SKU/part numbers and look them up on any actual search engine. Find the better prices and cut out the middle man. If it doesn't have a number or is a refurb, look up the seller''s username. It is probably his business and you can get a better price by dealing direct.

Do what people did at best buy. Shop there using their tools, then buy elsewhere

I stopped using amazon. Cancelled prime last year and I have no plans on ever renewing. Still buy nearly everything online using other vendors.

>Amazon items are priced higher than their competition.
Not really. Some no-name business may undercut them 5% but with shipping they almost always lose. Their success is due to venture capitalism, not they're pricing. They operated for years at a deficit based on the expectation they will keep growing.

Are you implying that brick and mortar stores have lower overhead than shipping directly to home? lel

amazon will be the literal defition of "New World Order"

They also have all sorts of global trading rights and tax immunities that allow them to leverage their assfucking capabilities

Is anyone else concerned that they're slowly but surely killing the stagecoach industry?

yes i am concerned

i work for amazon but hate everything about Jeff Bezos. He is a complete SJW. I can list so many kikey things about amazon just from the top of my head.

1) there are ethic advocacy groups for every race except for white
2) there is a gay advocacy group
3) theres a department of immigration and Jeff Bezos sent a company wide email stating how much he was against trump's immigration reform.
4) they proudly brag about how they have a female only deliver service in india.
5) all the high ups are liberals who insult trump. im unaware of a single person who is high up in Amazon and would openly state they support trump

Amazon engineer turnover is like, what, every two years? I've talked to them, they fucking hate it there but the pay is good. Amazon could go bankrupt next year for all we know.

Talking about relatively major item purchases, not food and random supplies you can buy at a grocery store. That shit is just for ultra lazy people.

Have you considered applying?

indeed.com/cmp/Amazon.com/salaries

Wages are lower than what you advertise and you bust your ass.

I've never met an Amazon employee who liked working there. I'm sure they exist but even in corporate people hate it.

Universal basic income is a meme. We will all be dead or enslaved.

Is anyone else concerned that he's slowly but surely killing the laundry industry? Many women who depend on hand-washing laundry for their income will be hurt by this.

So "not really" but absolutely?

That no name company is literally who is shipping that shit out for you in the first place.

They take money and expand into more marketplace bullshit. They don't provideo a service short of their cultural presence, and people lap it up.

Amazon is trying to be an "everything store." I think even anons like you can understand there's a difference between one business vs. all of them.

This is what I try to do most, use amazon to narrow lists of products then buy from another source.

The part you're leaving out is that amazon collects all of your data forever. In case anybody hasn't realized it yet, your data and habits are incredibly important and you don't want to give them out willy nilly.

I pre-bought my casket from Amazon. Now when I pass all my family has to do is alert amazon via their mobile phone app and it gets shipped next day.

As an online business that competes with Amazon, it's only detrimental if Amazon is raising prices, which they're not. In fact, Amazon has so fluidly integrated their supply chain, that they offer some of the cheapest prices on products. In capitalism, this is a benefit to consumers that businesses like mine just have to swallow and hope to or never compete with. The market may be cruel, but it's something we must be willing to accept.

At this point, Amazon at least still has Wal-Mart as a main competitor, and they too, offer extremely low pricing. It is what it is. This is the golden rule of capitalism. Consumers benefit.

I've started ordering from Walmart and Newegg instead of using Amazon. Walmart is pretty terrible at packing things properly but Newegg is usually a good experience.

/thread

>they can get away with paying

Because they can. The market dictates their salaries. If you're working at Amazon, chances are you don't have very marketable skills worth paying much for. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

We have a few specialized stores... here is the deal with amazon and most online stores. Online stores are the ultimate "jew" sweetheart deal for the "owners" of these stores. Generally, they are just websites that abuse the traditional wholesalers. No store, no employees, no warehouse... etc. they cut deals with wholesale to drop ship. Why is that a problem? The internet is actually very expensive, but uses smoke and mirrors to appear cheap. Wayfarer for example, you buy a multicultural chair for $100 "free shipping". Who gets what? if I compare wholesale price to wayfarer price, there is a ton of funny money in there. Wholesale + reduced wholesale shipping + a second wholesale shipping + wayfarer retail markup + a large mysterious additional cost. I don't know if wayfare splits additional with wholesale, it's going into someone's pocket. Why do you care? Well, you're getting ripped off and it's undercutting brick and mortar. Why is amazon a gigantic money machine? They were first and they are ripping people off. Your amazon prime shipping is the funniest rip off of them all. You're paying twice for shipping and amazon lets you pay more to join club for a reduced rate... total JEW... lol, suckers

The thing about Amazon is that prices are low for basic items like food, detergent, etc. but regional drug store chains like Walgreens , CVS, Rite Aid can still beat them on certain products.

For example, I recently bought a specific brand of toothpaste online, and a couple random online health-product stores and amazon were all tied for 2nd cheapest. The cheapest in this case was Walgreens with a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Amazon isn't invincible and I still choose to buy from other retailers and brick and mortar whenever I can.

They're having a difficult time getting new engineers to replace the ones who leave. Lot of us in Atlanta have been getting our LinkedIn accounts spammed by Amazon looking for new engineers. I just delete the emails (it's never just one email from those aggressive fuckers) but a couple of friends have gone to interviews out in Seattle on Amazon's dime just for the free trip. None of them have accepted a job there. It's no wonder Bezos has such a hard on for H1B visas. Amazon would start falling apart without access to the global labor market.

No amazon does pay more than walmart. they purposely make the comparison between themselves and "traditional retail." even though they should compare themselves to other typical warehouse jobs. Most warehouse jobs pay more than amazon. Even if you learn how to drive a forklift they still pay you the exact same as any other level 1 person that only scans boxes. That is why I dont bother with that shit. You put your entire livelyhood on the line when you drive those shits. I personally know an employ who fucked up on the forklift and got fired and by only the good graces of the Site Leader did he get his job back.

In some cases this is true but most of the time I walk into a Walmart and look at a cream or other product that is small it is a dollar to two dollar cheaper on Amazon. Plus I didn't even have to step out of the house for it.

I'd like to know the real sales versus what's shipped from an amazon wharehouse. It's probably 10% or less in wharehouse, 90% drop ship. Drop ship can print amazon labels.

At some point there will be a competitor but it will have to be a better or new method.

Make a better product then.

Nigger I make 14.25 an hour in a warehouse for Amazon. Nice lies tho.

Wal-Mart is min wage

>Manufacturing what?

Memes.

don't forget after the election, amazon sent out an email reassuring all the diversity groups' "leaders" who felt 'unsafe'.

god damn it, I'm gay myself and I can't stand all these whiny fags.