Standing by.

am I doing it right?

We got activity on 11175 boys

activity on 8992 as well

vocaroo.com/i/s0wFhwYogXJF

Set it to wider

I heard talking at 11040 through 11050

long message, didnt catch it all

Y 6 O 5 5 S STANDY MESSAGE FOLLOWS Y 6 O 5 5 S K 2 3 Y 2 F 4 E K I J 3 2 I 5 H C A U Z Q

Another Royalist message coming in as I type, I'll upload and post both, stand by...

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

p i g is the rest

Theres another too

These are long ass messages from Royalist

instaud.io/1aQ4

Y 6 W 4 C K STANDBY

Y 6 W 4 C K STANDBY

Y 6 W 4 C K STANDBY MESSAGE FOLLOWS

Y 6 W 4 C K J U P T 3 G Y 2 X C S E 5 7 U O W G N I F Y K J

I SAY AGAIN

Y 6 W 4 C K J U P T 3 G Y 2 X C S E 5 7 U O W G N I F Y K J

THIS IS ROYALIST OUT

vocaroo.com/i/s0MDD4yguKqa

vocaroo.com/i/s1W9NsRNpoou

websdr_recording_start_2017-08-14T07_09_29Z_11175.0kHz.wav
vocaroo.com/i/s1RljJXiAVIg

websdr_recording_start_2017-08-14T07_12_04Z_11175.0kHz.wav
vocaroo.com/i/s12pVp6eS2eT

Can this be used on other frequencies sir?

instaud.io/1aQ8

>instaud.io/1aQ8
LETS GOOOO

Mainsail on 8992!

instaud.io/1aQc

Now it was on 11175

Royalist is back

long ass message

do we have a discord up?

>Mandatory post for a skyking thread

first time on one of these streams, I can't seem to hear anything from the webSDR one, can anyone else or have I dun goofed with the settings?

It's silent right now.

I can hear fine, post your settings and we'll try to help.

There are people who would tell you the number of skykings doesn't matter. They're wrong. It doesn't OFFICIALLY mean the message is more important, as in, it's not part of some handbook where there's a number of repetitions linked to a severity level, but it does mean it's more important for a very simple reason. Repeating the callsign more times is to make sure the message is heard. If one person misses a basic test mesage, no big deal, there's gonna be another one soon. But if it's the real shit, you want to make sure everyone heard it... Think of it this way, if you're calling someone on the radio from your boat. You might say "Trump barge, trump barge, this is the polack on channel 16 do you read".... Because you can always call them again if they don't hear you, it isn't urgent right then.... Now if you're making a mayday call, the correct procedure is "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY, THIS IS Polack Polack Polack".. There aren't official levels of Mayday depending on the amount of times said, but it's common sense that that level of repetition indicates something more severe than a regular radio call.

It's mostly static 99% of the time, you need to be a dedicated autist to find something interesting

Or just bored on a Sunday night

Guam live?
youtube.com/watch?v=KLXJX4Bg-Wk

>just bored on a Sunday night
well that too

Pretty much this.. Set the squelch so you don't have to hear endless static, and then just let it play in the background. You'll hear something eventually.

Are these the right settings user?

Something on 11750.50
lotta static though

youtube.com/watch?v=Dvn0xBZetEU

skykangz monitoring live

switch to frequency 11175
increase bandwidth to maximum

sorry, by "bandwidth" I mean filter (that's the filter bandwidth setting, technically)

She sounds nervous.

Are the two frequencies different? Should I just let them both play on background? On 8992 right now

Thanks user!
Where do I find the frequency switch? Sorry for being such a noob.

11175 and 8992 are the same. All the freqs are the same, it's just simulcast on multiple in case one particular one is being jammed. Certain ones work better in certain parts of the world.... I like to stick with 8992 if no jamming because everyone knows the lower the frequency the longer the range.

Occasionally different, 99pct of the time the same

The only time you should hear anything different would be a shorter range transmission from a plane or something, that was possibly in range of a receiver for one freq but not the other. That's just a limitation of mobile radios. The important transmissions will be heard exactly the same on all freqs because the land based transmitters can blast full power.

>TFW sitting within a km of the receiver

Habbening, Mainsail testing or something

ALL STATIONS MAINSAIL! Testing!!!

I saw the waterfall light up but didn't hear anything?

good stuff

wth was that?

What station, they just did a Mainsail test

Mainsail means USAF aircraft are approaching Yokota Air Base in Japan although I don't know what they mean by testing mainsail

Triple 1 75

type your frequency into the big box with "kHz" after it
n/p ausfriend, not all of us had a dad that taught us how to shortwave

Do you have it muted instead of squelched? If not try resetting the squelch. Or even just refresh the website.. It sometimes just fucks off for no particular reason.

Im on that one, they did a Mainsail testing what ever the fuck that is

stay safe during the happenings!

I can't see anything wrong with that. Maybe just try refreshing and change to 8992. USB

Keep the CPU load of webdsr down by listening here, I don't know if there is a delay or not.

But thats wrong you fucking idiot. Mainsail is the callsign for the TACMO planes, offut afb and Andrews afb. not some shit about japan

NOVEMBER SIERRA INCOMING

What is habbening?

AYO AYO
SKY KANG 502 IN DA SHEEZY

Waddup pol you pasty motha fukkas
when we gonna take out dem joos
them mofukkas been keepin us brothas down in the hood u feel me?

them jews responsible cuz

Wtf is going on at 11175?

Some sort of code?

Not Skyking Related, but it looks like the war has started...

map.norsecorp.com/#/

Listen to North Korean Public Radio on 15244.83

Is this showing DDOSing/hacking between states?

This is nuffin'.These "attacks" are literally just emails and shit like that. Also, taiwan wouldn't be cyber attacking us.

You fucking retard, mainsail is a general call to any ground station when going to another territory ex. Yokota airbase in japan or for calling stations to provide the pilots needs

Goys I have an uncle who works at skyking

I'm pretty sure that's civilian attacks

activity on 11158.20, cut before I could really listen to it

So they're DDOSing companies? Or is it just mail spam like the other user mentioned and nothing much of abig deal?

downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

whats up with all these outages this late at night?

That's nice, can I have some shekels?

Both

321 123 testing :(

What was the speaking?

>comcast
its just them having problems like theyve always had, nothing new.

Comcast is really shitty

No wonder so many people hate them, it seems like all the major cities are down.

radio checks heard.

nothing special though :(

RCH966/729

From the WebSDR chat:

>There is literally nothing that can be learnt from number stations like UVB-76 or others, SKYKING/HF-GCS or other phenomena on shortwave. Just follow actual news, don't waste your time on the WebSDR.

>Unless you are interested in the shortwave listening hobby, or SWL'ing for short, or amateur radio in general, there is nothing on shortwave that is hardly worth listening to if you are trying to keep up with current events - like the situation with North Korea.

You can much better spend your time following these guys and reading their feeds

Twitter.com/strat2intel
Twitter.com/MilcomMP
Twitter.com/Spy_stations
Twitter.com/MIL_Radar
Twitter.com/YonhapNews
Twitter.com/38north
Twitter.com/ISNJH
Twitter.com/nknewsorg
Twitter.com/BuckTurgidson79
Twitter.com/M3t4_tr0n

To reiterate: NOTHING OF VALUE CAN BE LEARNT FROM SHORTWAVE FREQUENCIES. These Skyking threads are stupid and a waste of your time

Some transmission on 8992. Can't make out much as theres static but it sounded like digits and request?

Did we ever get some explanation for this? mainstream articles etc

Have your fun, just keep the cancer in Sup Forums.

Kinda sucks tho if someone wants to further their knowledge or keep an eye on events but you end up wasting your time on something that is never gonna deliver on what you are looking for.

No mainstream articles for something so boring. Just someone with an HF transmitter illegally transmitting on 8992kHz, anyone can do that. It's not very hard. Wouldn't require a very powerful transmitter either in most cases.

That being said if it happened at all, could be a troll for all you know.

>get some explanation for this?
Not to my knowledge, who ever pulled it off was either quietly v& or recruited

Honestly I just listen to the feed at night cause it's kind of interesting. Only started about a week ago, I don't pretend there's any kind of actual info to derive from it.

youarelisteningtolosangeles.com/losangeles

I listen to this site sometimes as well for similar reasons.

If you had like a one time pad to decode the messages, then yeah you'd get information from it. Lol but the point is people figure a major uptick in activity means something is coming... Honestly it probably would correlate. Or maybe you hear the voices reading the messages sounding nervous... Hell everyone listening knows that they're not gonna get major information because its fuckin coded military shit. But it's fun. It allows people to listen to stuff that most normal people don't even know exists. It's like numbers stations, you have no chance of knowing what they're talking about. But it's still fun. It's fuckin spy novel style shit. Why does it bother you so much if people are having a little fun.

INCOMING ON 8992