6% of Scientists identify as conservative

Not suprising since your morons are trying to take us back to the dark ages
people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-scientists-donate-to-politicians-its-usually-to-democrats/
fivethirtyeight.com/features/economists-arent-as-nonpartisan-as-we-think/
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/
inside-higher-ed.com/professor-alfred-doesnt-know-what-is-wrong-with-the-homework/
lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math2.htm
math.u-psud.fr/~limic/som/stateofmath.html
machinedesign.com/news/politics-engineers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LUDDITE FOR LIFE NIGGER
FUCK THE TECH BRO
UNCHARITABLE FAGGOTS

Um no sweetie, they're just indoctrinated

Those propaganda comics were extremely racist.

With reason and understanding.

The left are quite anti-science as well. You know, the whole GMO's and Genetics is wrong/evil thing.

They're mostly leftist because they get government funding.

hey you were spamming those other threads, thats the same file name

Or they are leftist because they have brains. FYI most scientists work under the private sector

Part of being a scientist is sucking dick for funding.

You mean extremely accurate.

>He believes in the left-right dichotomy
>He believes in the left-right dichotomy and thinks Nazis are right-wing

What do you people do when you need real work done at your home? Did you know that just about everyone you will call to fix any of your shit most likely hate liberals, and charge extra to these types.

Everyone charges more to liberals. Roofers, drywallers, and especially plumbers. I know plenty of people in the "industry" and we laugh about it. Over the election cycle it was so simple....people had the flags and stickers everywhere.

>t: Plumber

Thanks for the extra income you retards. Hard work is its own reward, and is only for real men. You cucks and your "muh Hillary" can suck it. You guys are so gulliable that you will pay anything I tell you. I really mean it...thanks. I am not talking about a few bucks...I am talking about 20%+ differences.

Cooler yet is that there isn't shit anyone can do. I don't have to bake a fucking cake for faggots, and I certainly don't have to unclog all the condoms from their shitter either.....Nothing is stopping me from dictating my pay. Nothing is stopping someone from getting a second estimate, but Sunday afternoon is expensive as fuck no matter who you call.

Oh i am sorry the right wing idiots waving nazi flags were not right wing. Here that nazis

>"private" sector doesn't get government funding

Amazon gets over a dollar per package from the government. Elon Musk's entire business wouldn't exist without subsidies.

>your morons

just like how all the people in america polled, said they would vote for hillary clinton?

In a culture where your political beliefs can put you on a blacklist, like the Red Scare, you think you will get honesty?

Plenty of them aren't true "right-wing" if such a thing really existed.

>your morons
>here that
I really don't think you should be commenting on other peoples intelligence

I was trying to speak in stupid, so you guys could relate to me better.

or being on /pol made my IQ drop a few points.

He means you.

Social sciences do not count. That is not science.

Now do the poll again.

You're not a scientist unless you're a petroleum engineer. sage

you got saged by me boi, now nobody will see your thread

>I was only pretending to be retarded
[spoiler]Troll?[/spoiler]

>scientists

Just remember; those numbers include "social scientists." God those faggots are cancer.

>6% of scientists were willing to openly say they were conservative
FTFY

And quit hiding behind that flag. We all know you're a fucking leaf, so show it as if you were actually a man.

oh am I?

This has been studied in psych for ages. Conservative scientists, even when polled or surveyed are reticent to affirm their stance in politics. And those that do identify as such have communicated that there is an open hostility or unfriendly intellectual climate there. When a poll was conducted with hundreds of professionals within the field - a few questions were asked to see if there was a willingness to discriminate against the political conservatives within the field:
>Would they be more likely to reject a paper or a grant application that showed a politically conservative perspective?
>Would they be reluctant to invite a conservative colleague to a symposium?
>Would they favor a liberal job candidate over a conservative candidate?
Liberal respondents answered yes to all three of these, and it was found that the more the number of liberal respondents in an area, the more likely they were to be willing to discriminate against the conservative respondents.

So it is only logical that a lower proportion of scientists identify as conservative - doing so is counter-intuitive given that your left-leaning colleagues will coalesce to discriminate against you. Simply refusing to have an opinion is markedly better, than identifying conservative if you intend to further your career.

In short, scientists rarely identify as conservative as academia needlessly penalizes them for their beliefs impacting their career prospects, and funding. Hence fueling a practice in which a climate of hostility actively retards scientific progress.

You would know this if you worked in a STEM field.

Ideological filtration.

No one with the wrong ideology is allowed to progress in academia.

social science is not science

Atleast you had the balls to do it. That's more than most of these memeflags have.

Most scientists are apolitical or moderate you trog.

>94% of scientists know how to avoid leftist persecution
Not surprising their smart, and you're so dumb you still think communism will work

people that don't pay taxes don't pay attention to them.
Likewise, people that don't work for a wage or a salary in the private sector are unsurprisingly not interested in nor cognizant of politics primarily concerned with maintaining a liberal free market, the well being of the working class, and the preservation of critical rights like the right of association and the right to self defense.

>why are you complaining about taxes? my refund was bigger this year!
>why are you complaining about regulations? are those like lab rules?
>why are you complaining about gun regulation? I've always felt safe on white-liberal-college-town-campus.

and as others have pointed out, most conservatives are smart enough to not out themselves in front of subhumans prone to hysteria.

Cute theories, but whenever they scientists take any sort of political action, it's to support the left.
fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-scientists-donate-to-politicians-its-usually-to-democrats/

>or being on /pol made my IQ drop a few points.
>/pol

scientists are experts in their field, so what? What percentage of economists are conservative?

Interestingly, engineers are overwhelmingly conservative.

>implying the private sector has some sort of moral imperative that prevents them from taking government money and influencing themselves accordingly
Why don't you go redistribute your intelligence, kid. Some nigger could use half a brain.
If that was the case you wouldn't be able to notice the IQ drop as the lower it gets, the lower your self-awareness influences your conscience. Nope, you're just willingly making yourself dumb and pretending it's us that is forcing you to act this way.
You're like a kid that isn't getting what he wants, so he acts out, cuts his wrists and then tells his parents they were the ones who cut him. You will find any way to try and make the connection that will make you seem like more of a competent person. At least try harder so we can laugh a little more.
It's all the sciences that count, ask any kang It's a vibrating pokeball!

only 40 percent
fivethirtyeight.com/features/economists-arent-as-nonpartisan-as-we-think/

If you are in STEM you will only see the best of every race and assume that is the average. Also they work in the public sector and rely on large government. Lastly being smart at one thing doesn't make you smart at all things.

they aren't. Fake news
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

Modern universities are machines for converting money into prestige, and anything useful that comes out of them is an accident.

Yes, I left the ivory tower for a reason. It was full of mathematicians that couldn't do math. After being exposed to research in several areas of mathematics and physics at sufficient doses to make real contributions to papers, it became obvious that almost nobody was interested in solving real problems, and they just were desperately publishing everything they thought could get them tenure or grants.

inside-higher-ed.com/professor-alfred-doesnt-know-what-is-wrong-with-the-homework/

(because he never truly learned the material himself)

lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math2.htm

(the sex gap in math is an issue only because psychologists (who are mostly women who suck ass at math and stats) can't do Fermi problems)

math.u-psud.fr/~limic/som/stateofmath.html

(longer but worthwhile expansion on the above points... by a woman)

Are you autistic

machinedesign.com/news/politics-engineers

" 1,200 readers of MACHINE DESIGN and Electronic Design magazines"
So the readers are more republican cool, i linked you an actual study

>be conservative
>want to do science that challenges liberal consensus
>don't get funded
>get real job
Really makes me think

'scientist' is a pretty loose term.

You're SUCH a faggot. Truly nothing of value ever appears below that meme flag

>science is not a real job
You said it!

Yep being a janitor must feel nice

It's not, and neither is being an successful entrepreneur. A job needs an employer. Scientists have clients. Stop being a nigger

This.

It's so bad; people on the outside have no idea. I was close friends with the two best female mathematics students in my program, and both complained to me in private several times about the male faculty and students' approach to women in math. Neither particularly cared about the gender gap, and didn't really feel they'd ever been discriminated against. However, they were disgusted by the grovelling, hated the patronizing tone the women-in-math conferences took towards their work, and were especially resentful of the fact that they were expected to promote the program to women... using talking points scripted entirely by men.

As one of them said, "whatever problems there are, we'll only solve them by proving some fucking theorems. so let's get to work, ladies."

all i want is for /pol to take these pills

>science community has political bias
>REEEE RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY
>hey guys your ideology is backwards look, scientific community has a politics bias!
God I love the dissonance you fucking faggots engage in every day

Oh wow look its another thread where a communist flag makes absolutely shit tier arguments but does not have an iq high enough to realize he's getting btfo. I swear we do this 4 times a day now

We have a winrar!!!

lol all i got were idiotic reponses with actual proof to back them up. put studies behind your arguments or they are just shit i won't read.

FUCK OFF COMMIE

Tradie can confirm.

all bought and paid for by the Jew. because surely you'd trust a scientist right? their words are ironclad.

And yet you're still trash that is incapable of abstract thought.

Aww did i poke ur safe space

Kinda racist since you're insulting a PoC, faggot.

Could care less. A alt right PoC is inhuman like the rest of them