What do we do if Sup Forums gets taken down?

What do we do if Sup Forums gets taken down?

IRC?

Usenet?

Should we start looking into mesh networking, encripted comms over establishyed channels?

Something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

diasporafoundation.org
infogalactic.com/info/Internet_Relay_Chat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ax25

If you don't know where we will go then you should lurk more you fucking faggot

quit huffing petrol and pay attention abbo scum

>What do we do if Sup Forums gets taken down?
I've spent 10 years here :'(

I'm not a Sup Forumsitician, I'm from Sup Forums, /sci/.

old protocols, I like it.

Deploy into the real world.

^

Take my favourite shotty to the streets

Empty weapons cache, refill, repeat.

Look into Urbit

Can you explain ricing to me i really don't get it?

War, Day of the Rope, that sort of thing.

riot.im is like discord but decentralized/end-to-end encrypted

aether is like reddit but decentralized (would have to get some nodes running, i think aether is pretty dead)

ive been looking around recently for decentralized/censorship-resistant forums - struggled to find any on the clearnet.

i imagine most would go to 8ch.

We go full pirate bay/wikileaks/etc on the fucker if necessary. Host it on some obscure island with global backups and redundancy. Make a chan template so anybody with a modicum of skill can make their own chan board (I guess we already have that). Make credible threats against the family members of whoever had it taken down, all the good stuff.

>Should we start looking into mesh networking, encripted comms over establishyed channels?
translation
>should we hook our computers together with alphabet agencies as the link
OP is such a fucking fagit

AMPRnet

We need something like meshnet + BBS

but being decentralized means we'll have trouble connecting to one anothers thoughts

What would Harry Potter do?

Sup Forums won't get taken down it will serve the global insurrectionist interests by BECOMING TOTALLY FLOODED WITH STORMFAGS WHO THE PRESIDENT JUST ENABLED.

I never got into chan software but I'm sure there's some chan-board software packages floating around

just like how you can get phpBB or SimpleMachinesForum and have a forum going pretty easily

IRC is also good and can be run pretty easily on cheap hardware, but it's a different thing from a forum

Fidonet

>Sup Forums won't get taken down it will serve the global insurrectionist interests by BECOMING TOTALLY FLOODED WITH STORMFAGS WHO THE PRESIDENT JUST ENABLED.

Just gotta say I Love You ALL

It's been an amazing year with you guys.
I have a feeling a YUGE happening is going to go down around the release of the new Star Wars.

I know that github is going the way of Twitter/Google/Facebook in terms of SJW poison, but how likely is it that we can consolidate opensource attempts at solutions on a public repository there, to help people get started in creating a p2p chan network of sorts?

Diaspora is another decentralized system. I haven't really messed with it, but you can join what they call pods, or even host your own.
diasporafoundation.org

the nature of git is that when you clone a git repository you automatically receive the whole history of a project. so essentially cloning a git repo gives you EVERYTHING. shouldn't be too hard to backup that stuff.

makes it pretty easy to transfer around too

I don't even know how to use IRC. What is that, just one chat room you connect to and use via a Linux terminal? Or are there a bunch of IRCs? And if so is there a specific Sup Forums IRC? How does this work?

I've been lurking for 2 years and still don't know where to go

you connect to an IRC server that is on one of many networks, dalnet, efnet, etc etc

chatrooms in irc are #whatever format ... so you /join #whatever

problem is #whatever on dalnet is separate from #whatever on efnet.

i used to get lots of great pussy off irc, it was pretty amazing. weird how there were hotties on it.

hot and ready! nice rig

>what do we do
Mass soduko

The problem is most people are dumb. We have the tools - GPG, Bitcoin, IRC and the web of trust and yet no-one here uses it nor are they capable of doing so.

I'm still amazed Soros hasn't just purchased it off Hiro

infogalactic.com/info/Internet_Relay_Chat

There are clients for most major OSes, so you don't need Linux or a terminal.

This. We pirate Bay the situation. Someone should take this to Sup Forums

>problem is #whatever on dalnet is separate from #whatever on efnet.
Just like 4pol/8pol

This!

Why would anybody shut down this board? Everyone is being ip logged, all posts saved, and eventually we are going to connect all of them to your real identities, permanently.

I hope you guys stay here longer so we can close the snare and get all of you at once.

Hahahahahahah

I doubt it will get taken down anytime soon. It would be a strategically stupid move on the part of the enemy.

If they happen to be that stupid, though, it's time to start killing.

Why doesn't someone create a Sup Forums Facebook group?

the biggest technical feat of this, is we need all content to get distributed across all nodes.

Sup Forums would be cut before that happens

Obviously it's stupid, but they're already beginning steps toward full censorship. Read the fucking writing on the wall.

We need plans to salvage what we have, when they go full commie/fash.

They're taking down literally everything right now. Not just the stormer. It's not that far off.

>(((Diaspora)))

its fucking hilarious the amount of precedent is being set by shutting shit down

How can we build 4chins on top of blockchain so we're sure nobody can ever censor it?

C'mon some of you faggots start this