Why do people who make memes hating america not even bother doing their research...

Why do people who make memes hating america not even bother doing their research? They're comparing a long-distance train to high speed rail for fucks sake. We have high speed rail too but the eurofag who made this thinks ignorance helps him in this case

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=bVMEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA78&ots=oNcGmhCvuD&dq=x-12 locomotive&pg=PA78&hl=en#v=onepage&q=x-12 locomotive&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

American freight rail is pretty much the best in the world too.

I'd take a hulking steel beast any day over a faggy plastic speed train

Hatred for America desu. Plus, those little shit countries in Europe have like 200 miles of tracka piece. It takes me 200 miles just to get to the next state. Way more expensive here.

Actually took the "high speed rail" in the US once. It's most certainly not the same thing as an actual high speed rail.

American's train system is sub-par because the auto and oil industry destroyed it.

You aren't smart.

yes he are

Envious of our large tracts of land.

at least our conductors stay awake

we talkin transporting goods or people? our commercial railroads are quite literally packed

>conductors drive the train

wow europeans are right americans are dumb

I like our shitty trains lol, anything else wouldn't seem right.

What we need is a really fucking super ugly new train that's just like the old one but twice as big and x10 times stronger, going really fast is a meme.

No one should be using China as an example when talking about America's infrastructure problem.

Biggest cost of high speed rail is the cost of land

Europe and Asia build hi speed rail through mostly rural areas where land is cheap.

Lets NOT spend trillions of dollars to straighten out the north east corridor so we can build high speed rail from Washington to Boston.

That's what aircraft are for.

Pic related - furries suck.

When non-Americans try to insult America it always just falls off because it's so obvious how deeply they misunderstand the country. They have absolutely NO comprehension of the amount of space we have, among many many other things.

The auto and oil industry DID destroy it though.

>Source

Fucking LA

I hope this new one is a nuclear powered steam turbine locomotive, to piss off greenpeace

oh right, that must be why the train was charged with 79 counts of homicide

We move freight with our rails nigga. Trains are for cargo. Cars are for people.

Elon Musk is already talking about building a hyperloop in the NE corridor. May just be talk, but who knows...

our trains are so slow because you can't go fast when making a turn. nothing's gonna get done unless you scrap everything and connect every station with a straight track

Technically, the conductor tells the engineer when it is safe for the train to move.

So the conductor is senior to the engineer.

Trips are truth.

Yeah same thing in Chicago. There's the 'L' Metro 20 ft up, the Metra commuter at ground level, and before the auto industry killed it there was a subway below ground level. Kinda sucks because they just sealed up the tunnels (some with cars in them) so they really could have kept them operating if they wanted. Funny thing is beneath the subway is ANOTHER narrow-gauge system that is unfortunately beyond repair.

I know a lot about nuclear and a little bit about trains and I'm scratching my head to think of a reason why this would be a bad idea.

I can't. You'd have to get into the hard economics of it.

High speed trains are comfy.
>3hours to St Petersburg
>no time wasted in airport
>no butt probing
>no super control
>enough room for your knees
>you can go out and smoke on the stops

american train looks great. the rest look like airplane dildos 0/10 would not ride

how would a jewish-only railroad system work in america?

these fools equate our population density to china; why no high speed trains. people in the US are dumb as fuck and plentiful, thank dem run school system.

A 10 metets wide train is too much of a bummer to build, let alone huildng the new roads for it.

Would be dank though

The only reason Tesla exists is California pays 8700 dollars in subsides for each car.

Tesla most profitable business is selling clean air credits.

I'm sure hyperloop will get huge government subtleties while he keeps getting richer.

it's literally the other way around

The Conductor just calls out the signals, the Engineer makes any actual decisions

This.
Tesla is a scam.
Solar city is a scam.
Anythung green is a scam.

Musk is smart though cashing outta big public scam to fund his space shit makes him cool

>nazi breitspurbahn

yup. see the eurocucks don't realize how big the USA is. i gotta regular from ireland who told me his folks back home still don't realize how big the US is, even though he's been living here for years and keeps telling them it takes fucking HOURS just to get to the next state, whereas over there that's the time between countries!

>see image
>expect the OP to be rambling bullshit about how all American trains should look like those
>it's actually making fun of it
>most people realize that high speed rail is stupid for freight
Pleasantly surprised.

They wouldn't have to wide. You just build the nuclear plant in a line. You could use existing track without problem. You could fit the whole radioactive part in a single train car- they've already built such things.

I do not like those Hyperloop proposals (coming from my eight years of Civilian LE Counter-Terrorism experience). One attack/false flag could knock out hundreds to even thousands of miles of Track, at one time, to extremely heavily populated parts of the US.

You think that and then Tesla actually puts out a self-driving car. The kind of shit we thought we'd have in the 21st century back in 1980 when instead we got Myspace and Homeland Security.

But satan kun, thats amtrak not freight

The high speed trains run on general purpose rails though at double the regular speed

Trains are gay anyways. It took like 8 fucking hours to get from Zurich to Split via rail, whereas a plane ride takes you like 30 mins. Was a pretty ride through the Alps though.

Conductors actually do drive the train. They carry electricity.

The journey is the destination, man.

that's what I was thinking

Self driving cars are a good innovation.
Electric cars are a scam.

They arent even green considering efficiency of car engines vs efficiency of power grid delivery and battery charge and gischarge losses you literally burn more carbin for it.

No one cares about Israel ran US "high speed rails" that haven't been updated since the 1950's. In fact I'm GLAD they haven't as many free rides as I've got on them from state to state. Also has helped me evade police capture a few times when ripping off lefties and righties alike. So make up all the excuses for their shittiness you like, in fact I support these type of face saving. Luckily most 'Muricans know nothing whatsoever about railroad tracks and maps, and to top that off you idiots hire niggers and mexicans who only pretend to work on them. By all means please INCREASE your level of delusion and partiotardism so I can make even more $$$$.

America has the only non queer looking train.

yeah, but TSA doesn't grope people at a train station

I don't know how to explain it, but something feels comfy about a bulky steel train.

Fuck Agenda 21 I'm happy driving wherever I want to go in my car thanks.

Why do leftists love trains so much?

take your meds sweetie, you're being delusional again and your rambling is beginning to scare the neighbors

Made a similar flight to Split. Took longer shits than that.

We have zero need for a high-speed rail to be honest. I reckon if the states want to build them locally to connect major metro areas fine, but it would be incredibly stupid, pointless, and wasteful to build any major national system.

Our population density is relatively low and everyone own's motor vehicles anyways

America doesn't have the mone for infastructure rebuilding either

america have the best railroad system in the world.

>too stupid to come up with a legitimate retort so user defines his preferences by A and then justifies A with his preferences
You are making us Americans look bad.

everyone should love trains, it's nearly impossible for jews to crash them into skyscrapers

They want nigger and Arab to hit on them.

Most of the trip was nice, but at one point my mom and I were stuck in a compartment with some smelly Slav. His stink was nauseating.

Every few years the Green party pushes for high speed rail for a route like Sydney to Brisbane and we waste millions on feasibility studies. And every time they come back it's not worth it, not even close to being worth it. But it doesn't stop the next study being commissioned.

actually you move people with planes friend.

Honestly though, why DOESN'T America have bullet trains around NY, LA, and Chicago? I'm tired of the slow ass Metra.

Which one of these countries have 40 Million niggers?

Yet.

Train retards don’t deserve fast speeds.

You're a retard posting on cuckchan who doesn't know shit. Jump on an intermodal and get some free high speed rail travel.

When they tried it in the 50s they had trouble fitting in the heat exchanger and (air of course) radiator. Might be different with new technology though.

books.google.com/books?id=bVMEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA78&ots=oNcGmhCvuD&dq=x-12 locomotive&pg=PA78&hl=en#v=onepage&q=x-12 locomotive&f=false

Hard to justify, though, since you can just power it with electricity.

>off ur meds

Such an old joke...

Get in your car and drive cuck. Stop letting Agenda 21 commies build infrastructure in your community.

>No one cares about Israel ran US "high speed rails" that haven't been updated since the 1950's. In fact I'm GLAD they haven't as many free rides as I've got on them from state to state. Also has helped me evade police capture a few times when ripping off lefties and righties alike. So make up all the excuses for their shittiness you like, in fact I support these type of face saving. Luckily most 'Muricans know nothing whatsoever about railroad tracks and maps, and to top that off you idiots hire niggers and mexicans who only pretend to work on them. By all means please INCREASE your level of delusion and partiotardism so I can make even more $$$$.
posting the text above as if it isn't the ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic

I was hoping a modern one would look more like the C&O M1

>posting on cuckchan like you aren't mentally ill

Stupid

Most trains in Russia aren't like that and I say this as someone who thinks Russia is mostly better than Americuck la d of the 52%

>TALKING SHIT ABOUT F40PH

NUH UHH FAGGOT

Amtrak survives on government subsidy which is fed off of by the survivors of the Amtrak dynasty. It will never be great until they all die off.

implying I am

ayy the nostalgia

>meanwhile in BC
>passenger rail trains have driven themselves since the 80s

As a trade off though we only have it in a small part of one metro area but hey take that test of Canada and rest of world we had self driving vehicle before anyone else. Tell Elon (((musk))) and the faggots who want automated cats to fuck themselves
Trains are for being automated cars are for driving

Why doesn't your government just seize the land? That's how China and Europe avoid paying land costs

Chicago's subway system is great but a union scam & aged beyond belief. As Trump says, America looks old and tired

How dare these nu-pol fags disrespect the F40PH

Plane ride is fucking expensive though.

Self driving cars are a scam too depending on where you live

I'm in a heavily mountainous region where road conditions are highly unpredictable. Nobody even has wanted to try testing self driving cars here

I can't even tell if you are being ironic but it nonetheless hurts.

>tfw no decent public transit

Maybe us Americans don't deserve it. Maybe this is our punishment for polluting our cities up with lead filled smog.

No it isn't. The conductor tells the engineer what to do. Why do you think the conductor is the one always looking at his watch. If the train is late, it's his ass, not the engineer.

>radiator
having difficulties with this was my initial suspect(ie. the replacement for those giant concrete cooling towers you see nuke plants have). However, our heat exchanger and radiator technologies are lightyears ahead of where they were in the 50s.

I'm not actually a supporter of more nuclear power anyway.

>Hard to justify, though, since you can just power it with electricity.

Or use steam! I don't think Musk's so-called "Hyperloop" is just a meme.

Can't tell if troll or really that autistic.

Electric cars recover energy lost in braking etc, and lose less energy through heat. Maybe they "cause carbon release" by charging but they are more efficient.

fuck attending rallies lets build some fucking trains

actually do something you know?

/how many people troll here? 1000? 10000? 1000000? Lets pick up a shovel and hammer

In my Russo-bro's defence, electric cars are kind of a "scam". If an electric car is more expensive than the internal combustion alternative than what is saved in gas money then you are doing more harm to the environment than good because most of that cost is ultimately traceable to fossil fuel consumption or shitting up some poor chink's river with heavy metal poisoning.

I put "scam" in quotation marks because investing in electric cars is nonetheless a necessary step in kicking humanity's oil addiction. It's an investment such that Peak Oil doesn't sting as badly once it happens.

You don't have to build it across the whole fucking country for it to be useful. Just put small Yurop-sized routes across the major metropolitan areas. The Northeast Corridor is already serviced by Acela (the ONLY profitable Amtrak passenger line, by the way), and there's no reason (other than political ones) we couldn't do the same or better in SoCal, the Great Lakes region, or the Texas Triangle.

Behold the single most fuel efficient way to transport good that currently exists on Earth. The US has an extensive freight rail network, one that is very valuable.

You can't effectively track share high speed trains with heavy frieghters. We need to build new tracks. Thousands of miles through mountainous terrain. Full of little towns and small cities with no doubt low ridership.

I do think american rail networks need work, but we should focus on freight and urban and intercity rail developments at a state/state joint level, and keep Amtrak alive and in a bit better shape, especially in the eastern corridor.

But we don't need a TGV or ICE for example.

forgot pic related

We don't need people travel. We need better shipment methods of goods.

>the fox and the grapes

you are the fox

People travel would be nice though.