How can there be such a huge gap in intellectual accomplishments between two such closely related peoples like Italians...

How can there be such a huge gap in intellectual accomplishments between two such closely related peoples like Italians and Iberians?

Mathematicians
Italians:Fibonacci, Lagrange, Ricci-Curbastro, Ruffini, Fubini, Peano, etc.
Iberians:???

Scientists
Italians:Galilei, Torricelli, Fermi, Majorana, Avogrado, Natta, Golgi, Malpighi, etc.

Inventors
Italians:Volta, Marconi, Pacinotti, Meucci, Barsanti, Perotto, Faggin, etc.

Painters
Italians:Da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Caravaggio, Boccioni, etc.
Iberians:Retards who painted like 5 year olds.

The pattern is the same for all fields of intellectual endeavor, Iberians are consistently subsaharan african tier.

because northern italians are basically german

>Hiding his flag
Really STASIs my nazis.

we were too busy finding new lands and rulling huge empires.
not that you'd know that.

The same fucking thread again. Stop hiding behind that flag you fucking favela monkey.

Same thread hours ago. OP - Brazilian with Italian and probably jewish too to d&c.

he might be repetitive but he's right.

Too busy fighting each other, the muslims and exploring the world.

>Spanish Empire
>Portugese Empire
All the Italian faggots ever had was a bunch of city states (and Papal state) that kept warring with each other. Historically speaking Ferrara or Luca were completely fucking irrelevant when compared to Iberians. And the biggest one, Naples, was under Spanish rule for couple hundred years.

everything was argued and answered yesterday in
you can check out.

>Iberians:Retards who painted like 5 year olds
Salvador Dali was at least very skilled.

Except, you know, the Roman Empire

population density and wealth

Has OP ever heard of Goya or Velazquez?

no

Portugal and Spain controlled empires.

Italy couldn't even hold on to Ethiopia.

Oh yes, Romans were so Italian they had to import their entire culture from Greece. Took their art, took their gods, even took the fucking alphabet (Chalcidian). Romans stole more than niggers.

Germany and Italy had the lamest colonies ever, just because they wanted to be like us (the countries with overseas territory that were worth anything).

Is mostly this we all love Italy and despise France

They're not really that much alike. Iberians originate from Celts and Basques to a smaller extent, the latinisation came later, with the Roman empire. Also, the muslim conquest left a strong mark on Iberian culture as well.

Iberians are a mix of German crusaders, Gauls, Romans.

Iberia was good land for cattle, grapes, wheat, olives. Retired Roman soldiers settled it to farm it. Celts who didn't submit got kicked out.

The aqueducts and farming infrastructure built by the Romans increased the population Iberia held.

Moors and Arabs got kicked out. Medieval Iberia was segregated and miscegenation was not encouraged among the Christian kingdoms.

South Italy Sicily and Sardina was Part of Aragon and after that of Spain too 3 centuries 1282-1678

Why, it's almost like intelligence has nothing to do with genetics and everything to do with culture.

Italians/Romans stole most of they culture from the Greeks

Outlaw Germans, German adventurers used to take pilgrimages to Iberia where they'd join the war against the Muslims.

German kings would send troops to reinforce the Christian Kingdoms.

Also, the Northernmost kingdoms who didn't bend the knee to the Muslim were run by Germans who were descendants of Visigoths.

Iberia was a PVP MMO battleground for 700+ years.

This is kind of wrong. Cordoba was a knowlege and artistic center for a while. Great architecture too. Later on the region just lacked political stability to be productive in that way.

Also, lots a famous spanish painters you are just uncultured

You retarded or something? See North Italians are closer related to Germans than any spainiard can hope to be.

One word: Guitar... mic drop. and flat earth! But really Da Venci had Greek mom, and thought his fellow Italians were retarded.

>Retards who painted like 5 year olds.
Sure, Picasso, Goya and Dalí were all retarded.

This sounds like a very likely explanation.

>another shitting on Europeans thread
hello my fellow american!

We have good painters.

As for the rest, yes, Italy is better than us. Miguel de Unamuno argued that Spain was a country of doers (eg. the conquest of america), not thinkers, although that point will very hard to defend on pol

So are Sicilians. That's what abundant North African/Arab mixture does to a European people. This should be a warning to leftists, but they can't even see it when it's right in their face. Greece knows what's up, its in their blood to be a vanguard against brown shits.

El Greco
Zurbaran
Jose de Ribera
Velazquez
Goya
Madrazo family
Mariano Fortuny
Sorolla
Picasso
Dali
Joan Miró

i know it was bait but in my case that i like painting i get triggered. I could post more painters but these ones are the most importants.

I have nothing more to say, bye

>took their gods

You are fucking retarded. The entirety of European paganism between even seemingly disparate cultures such as Insular Celts and Greeks are all extraordinarily similar with only superficial differences, because they all share their same origins in proto-indo-european paganism.

>Miró
I really h8 Picasso but the blue is ok to me, but I despise Miro

> Pretends to know all those names.
You are trying too hard user.

Romans were one of the best copy pasters to exist. Italians are deceitful.

at least he is better than fucking Tapies

>North African/Arab mixture
This meme again

>because northern italians are basically german

This is not true because the Alps are a significant genetic barrier

Northern Italy has been a settled 'capitalist' society for longer than the fringes of Northern Europe

There were surely selective pressures for intellect from approx 300BC to the Renaissance, which were less prevalent in places such as coastal Norway or Ireland were more forms of work were physical in nature

A similar story to Ashkenazi Jews

It's well documented and not controversial that Romans directly adopted Greek deities and culture in general.

And yet you Italians are still fucking useless compared to us.

Fix your shit, useless, lazy box heads.

>How can there be such a huge gap in intellectual accomplishments between two such closely related peoples like Italians and Iberians?
>Mathematicians
Iberian Mathematicians
XVI Century:
>Juan de Celaya
>Pedro Chacón
>Pablo Cibramonte
>Pedro Ciruelo
>Martín Cortés de Albacar
>Pedro Esquivel
>Jaime Juan Falcó
>Jerónimo Girava
>Giuliano Ferrofino
>Juan de Rojas y Sarmiento
>Pedro Juan de Lastanosa
>João Baptista Lavanha
>Gaspar Lax
>Juan Martínez Guijarro
>Juan de Ortega (matemático)
>Pedro Ambrosio de Ondériz
>Pedro de Medina
>Diego Pérez de Mesa
>Juan Pérez de Moya
>Martín de Rada
>Jaime Salvador Solano
>Baltasar Torres
>Juan Bautista Villalpando
>Rodrigo Zamorano
XVII Century:
>Francisco de Artiga
>Juan Caramuel
>Pablo Cibramonte
>Juan Bautista Corachán
>Jerónimo Cortés
>Julio César Firrufino
>Giuliano Ferrofino
>Baltasar Íñigo
>Sebastián Izquierdo
>João Baptista Lavanha
>Antonio Hugo de Omerique
>Diego Pérez de Mesa
>Miguel de Quirós
>Sebastián de Rocafull
>Tomás Vicente Tosca
>Juan Bautista Villalpando
>Rodrigo Zamorano
>Bernardo José Zaragoza
XVIII Century
>Vicente Alcalá Galiano
>Gaspar Álvarez
>Juan Claudio Aznar de Polanco
>Benito Bails
>Juan García Berruguilla
>María Andrea Casamayor
>Tomàs Cerdà
>Gabriel Císcar
>Juan Bautista Corachán
>Juan Antonio Desvalls
>Antonio Eximeno
>Antonio Pablo Fernández-Solano
>Alonso de Frías y Zelarayán
>Juan Justo García
>Baltasar Íñigo
>Jorge Juan
HOW CAN ITALIANS EVEN COPETE?

There are 5 things that make us move:
1. Gold
2. Purging heretics
3. Partying
4. Relaxing
5. Women

That's about it, almost no one cares about anything else. The ancient Iberians were known as mercenaries too. We were bred for war not math and painting, unless there's a lot of money involved that pushes it.

Ever heard of the fucking kingdom of Lombardy? The Germans moved into northern Italy and then that area became part of the HRE which was intergrated well into that cultural sphere.

They also benifited from greeks fleeing the turks and bringing byzantine knowledge with them

The Spaniards on the other hand were basically half Arab by the end of the reconquista.

It was easy to do so because they all harkened back to a prehistoric proto-Indo-European pantheon.

Rome focused more in Empire expansion and Greece more in trades, overall Rome contributed more to the development of Europe with roads irrigation and all that

>they don't know about the moorish leonardo da vinci of the 9th century

Reminder that it's a confirmed brazilian favela macaco having daddy issues doing D&C who copypastes threads and doesn't reply even once. Last hread was > and everything was discussed.

Also a friendly reminder that sage goes in the options field.

>It was easy to do so because they all harkened back to a prehistoric proto-Indo-European pantheon.
Possibly, but it's important to note that no one at that time would have known anything about that connection.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Go get an education, you moron. I am not here to bash on the great Italianbros of the past. They were truly great. Up to the 1800s they were unmatched in all of Europe. Maybe by the Brits... but still.

Despite the fact that we have been falling behind the Italianbros ever since 753 b.C. I'll tell you that we were certainly not as far behind them in any field or endevour as most of Northern and Eastern Europe.

Also, Italianbros back then were to busy being second class citizens while we were building empires and beating muslims.
Also, we (well, the Spaniards... well, specially the Catalans) rulled Italy for most of the time so...

Really, get an education.

Mathematicians: Pedro Nunes. (I know nothing about most Italians you posted, I don't like Maths much).

Scientists: See... We basically re-invented seamanship. We were pioneers in aviation; we... we...

Inventors: We recently invented a lot of shit like pre paid cards and shit.

Painters: Zé Malhoa, Bordalo Pinheiro... our mastership over tiles and "floor stones" is legendary.

Fuck off and get an education.

Based Spanish bro.

>speaking about historical italians as a single entity
>trying to divide and conquer the medbros
>broscience genetical explanations

kys all of you fags

Really, to me Goya is right there among the greatest of Italy.
Way better than Da Vinci in my opinion.

If you want to talk trash about Portuguese painters be my guest, but Spanish painters were actually some of the best in the world.

To me, painting is:
French Academicists
Spanish and Italian painters;
Some XIX century British guys.

And there's no more.

>Faggin

Based Polish bro,

Don't be like that. Romans were really really cool.
Romans set the foundations of our civilisation and we only equaled them in the 1800s and we are already in (great) decline.

Romans were very original in their technical skills, their combat skills and discipline, as well as tactics and strategy... their engeneering skills were legendary.
And their political system, their roads, their "mos maiorum" / values... They were very very original.

That they "stole" everything they could find from others, while being true, only attests to their supremacy. And the fact that they improved almost everything they stole from others and that they basically improved the lives of everybody they conquered (after a while) is an attestment to their greatness.

Greeks were shit compared to Romans.

>Iberia was a PVP MMO battleground for 700+ years.

kek, this is the best description of Iberia I've read yet. It was literally Horde vs Alliance Tarren Mill raids for centuries. Thankfully the alliance won.

Ah! Dutch guy proud of its colonies... so funny.

But I understand you.

Dont forget to mention that the University of Salamanca invented economic liberalism centuries before (((Adam Smith))) and company copied it.

You said guitar. And I will just ask you to go find a youtube video of "Carlos Paredes" or "Aranjuez".

I love Italy, but there's something about "Iberian" soul put into a guitar that is unmatched in the world.

North Italians don't have as much African blood

Holy shit this, I actually learned this in college. Taught by a Scottish professor no less. It's kind of amazing how well the protestant propaganda has worked against Spain. Hardly anyone outside of Spain and Portugal know about the achievements of Iberians.

And if you weren't so "Northern Germanic" aka Nordicuck, you would understand that the permisses of OP are laughable.

But why am I talking to people North of Hamburg, then? You guys are so fucked up in the head you can't cross a road without trafic if the light is red .

Inquisition and ultra - religious society. I am all for defending culture and religion but Spaniards took it way too far.

>Taught by a Scottish professor
Hardly an Iberian achievement then.

ayy lmao

It's worth noting that a lot of these DNA tests have been debunked for using faulty samples. They test a lot of people that claim Spanish ancestry without actually checking. It's not the most thorough test.

I meant the class I learned about the Salamanca school was taught by a scottish professor in my university.

I know it's just bait...

But according to your logic the Germans are Italians because the German polty was called "Holy Roman Empire" for a 1000 years.

Think about it. For a thousand years (up to Napoleon) your precious Germanic shit was controled and legitimised by its Italian-ness.

Northern Europeans are indeed pathetic beasts, (except Brits, they created a country and maintained it and ruled the world. Except Brits, Northern Euros are a fucking joke)

Yes, Salamanca and Coimbra were the true centers of European learning before Cambridge and Oxford became big. Also, how could I ever forget Bologne?

We have nothing to learn from Northern Euros. What we have to do is to purge ourselves from their heresies and then we will be free to be Great Again.

Shouldn't you be napping during your 2-hour siesta break instead of shitposting?

We do have painters and all of the above-mentioned things,but you also have to take into account our economy was geared towards war and religion.
And our personal values were basically honour and religion,those were the virtues of any spanish at that time,people weren't admired for inventing shit,they were admired for being a chad and have them stacies mirin.
It was a religious chavocracy ruled by neets like charles 4th who couldn't leave his basement and had to wear diapers.
All the while we kicked the jews...spain...was 4 chan

Saracen blood

>painters

ya fucked up son.

Spain does not have much, but the have the best painters imo. From goya to dali

Stupid Nordicuck.

That's it. Get out! Get the fuck out you snow nigger!

We will soon team up with the British, and it's gonna be like the XIX century again: We will burn Copenhagen, control the Oresund and made Zeeland a zoo for our enterteinement.

Get the Fuck Out! Bad! You stupid, bad nordicuck!

The moors

Lol Faggin

>Picasso painted like a 5 year old
Faggot, at 12 he painted as good or better than the greatest masters. Also, shit bait with all the other points.
Made me reply/10

Even in Portugal and Spain that shit is not generally known.

Ever since the XIX century our (Traditional) History has been white washed. We are fed with a Northern European (?) mindset of work is better than spirit.
We are thought that our history was too violent, and that we were basically barbarians. And when they like it some part of our History, they omit the violence so that we appear "softies".

From 1807 to basically WWII my country has been at war almost all the time. Political assassinations happened almost every year... parts of the country were under guerilla war and were not controled. Secret societies spanned everywhere and killed and fought. How are we thought about that: That it was "a difficult time" and that we truly are a people of "soft ways" (peaceful, tolerant, whatever).

I could go on and on, but all I want to say is that our History and our Greateness is purposefully hidden from us ever since the free masons leached to power and have enforced their Napoleonic/Protestant way of thinking on us.

They even dare to attribute our greatness to the (((Jews))) and our fall to having expelled (((them))). Even though we only fell 400 years after expelling (((them))) and there were no Jews around anymore.

>We need the british to do anything

Don't you ever talk like that to me or my little brother again you northern Panama.

How Portugal got fucked:

1580 -> Portuguese King dies at 14 fighting the Moroccans in fucking Morocco. Had he managed to conquer the city he was fighting for, we'd have a clean and permanent control over Northern Morocco as it was the last city we needed to control before we reached the natural barrier of the river Sous in Nothern "Green" Morocco. (We started going at it in 1415 and by 1471 we only lacked that city to close in). Basically, the Spaniard Habsburgs get to inherit our Kingdom. We get to fight their wars. We lose most of our preponderance in overseas territories.

1755 -> The Earthquake destroys Lisbon completely, which at the time was probably one of the top four richest cities in Europe. The wonderful capital of the Atlantic, as it was called then. We manage to rebuild but it was truly fucked up.

1820 -> Aftet beating Napoleon Grand-Armée we get fucked by our (((liberals))) and (((masons))) who destroy our country trhough mercenaries and impose the Napoleonic heresies. All our instutuions vanish overnight. Most of our nobles who have fought for the Traditionalist cause get expelled and our biggest better and richest colony, Brazil, becomes independent.

1910 -> Republic is installed. Even more cucked.

1974 -> Empire and "fascism" is done away with. We get poor, the current (((modernities))) are enforced and we join the E.U. for gibs.

If we managed to hold to our traditions and institutions... the world would be much better now.

Inquistion was also around in Italy and France.
It was basically a re-call of the Roman "Censors".

Inquistion did nothing wrong. Well it did, but in its worst year, it was responsible by about 5% of the total deaths "demanded by the courts".

Picasso is a shit.
>it took me 2 years to learn to paint like Raphael and a lifetime to paint like a child
nigger you wish he could paint anywhere near the caliber of the old masters. He was a poser, realized he couldn't achieve their level, so he sperged out

nah..

I only nap when its about 40ºC... Portugal's climate is more forgiven than Spain... that's why most days only old people nap here...

Your so called "younger brother" would rather depend on your old rival UK/England than you, that's how much of a loser you are. He might be a lazy iberian, but at least he knows that northern Europeans can get the job done, and has consequently allied with them.

Fuck off Guinea. There's more African blood in Italians than there is in even Turks. All of those masters had German, French and Spanish blood in them. At least spaniards are white and don't mooch off real races.

This is the most pathetic post I have ever seen.

And I still love him and feel happy if he does well with British help he'll i wish we had non retarded monarchs so I understand they siding with bongs so as to make sure the don't get invaded by a retarded french led spanish army.
All that being said,I do enjoy your Greenland empire and Iceland. ..and all your colonies were your culture is respected and appreciated for your wonderful contributions to humanity and inmortal legacy like...being near a body of waters others needed to pass through.

>And I still love him and feel happy if he does well with British help he'll i wish we had non retarded monarchs so I understand they siding with bongs
>he does well with British help he'll i wish we had non retarded monarchs
>with British help he'll i wish we
Did you leave something out of your sentence?
>Admitting to dying for the French
Keep digging your own grave Pablo.
>being near a body of waters others needed to pass through
Another privilege of yours that was stolen away from you by the british, just like Portugal.

LOOOOL You were funny about the British, I give you that. And of course we need them, otherwise how could we ever project power in the way we have done... Everybody needs friends... Whose yours?

Now, seriously, please show us the data adjusted for purchasing power parity. Your GDP per capita is what, still 80% higher, right? Your total GDP is what? 80% of ours? Yeah...

But let's dig deeper. Ever since the 80s we did away with our industry to please the E.U. did you know Spain in 86 had a fishing fleet bigger and more productive than France, Germany and Italy combined? Did you know ours was half of Spain? We used to fish all the way from Norway to Canada and south to Cape Verde...

Also, did you know that by 1975 our ship building and shipping industry was 5 times as productive as Denmark's. Maersk and all...

But let's talk about the present and about economy. I have a "researcher" of "politics and international relations" and sometimes I find fun numbers that shock even me. Did you know that in 2012, even during the crisis, our population under the poverty line was 21% compared to Denmark's 7%?
That was "after social transfers".
The paper I recieved mention that if we did not take into account "social transfers" (basically all welfare) the Portuguese population below the poverty line would be some 32% compared to Denmarks's 47%.
How fucked up is your system?

Let's also take into account that by 2.300€ a month (2013 levels) in Portugal it is the equivalent to control a share of our economy - adjusted to purchasing power - to 5.000€ in Denmark.
The upper middle class here easily males 4 to 7 thousand € a month. Do you envisage the difference between the power of our elites over yours purely in economic terms?

How come there's no billionairs in Denmark? Oh wait... there's a guy in Spain who is worth about 20% of Danish GDP...

Your economic power is just a curtain of smoke. It will crumble down soon enough. I pitty you.

Don't listen to him bro...
Brits are not really Northern Euros... We only like them because they are so Western/Atlantic oriented...

I'd love to conquer the Netherlands and rule Germany with you again!

No!
Iceland shall not exist. The Brits invade it and control it whenever they can. They fish our fish. Iceland should be an Anglo-Portuguese protectorate. As well as Greenland.

Danes never did a thing right.

Based

Is that Prometheus?

What do you know, man, what do you know?

The Brits took Gibraltar but the Spaniards still changed their moto from Non Plus Ultra to Plus Ultra.
That alone makes them infinitely superior to any Nordicuck, whose idea of "Plus Ultra" is to endure sub zero temperatures and survive for another day. . .

Once you realise that Plus Ultra is something you and your "Nations" will never attain, you'll understand why you are only barely European. Until then you'll have to be proud of your blue eyes only, like my retarded unemployed cousin.

You iberians are fine. Those Italian shitters took like 3 wars to beat Ethiopia and they even needed nazi Germany for that

Why is being "basicly German" always a sign of being better in here. Germany is a great nation that achived a lot and the world owes a lot to them but they also fucked up so much in our recent history. Spain used to rule half of the world and even today it's a fairly successful country. Italians had more nobel prize winners than Spain? Kudos. So what though?