Canadian soldier hate thread

What I never understand is why Canadians are so in denial about the state of their army. Without knowing anything about their budget/ how much they fucked up in Kandahar/ training limits, just LOOK at pic related. Their average grunt is FAT, even by US standards (and our army literally is meant to sit around and occupy country's, we have an entire Marine Corps for invasions) Even the best of their special forces are trained on US bases, and are mediocre (basically Ranger tier of training) in comparison to other spec ops in NATO. So how about it leafs? Ready to admit you have the fattest gayest military in NATO? Hint: there is a reason the French took over peace keeping, and this is no longer Canada's domain. Canada is despised by NATO.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa
huffingtonpost.ca/bruce-moncur/canadian-forces_b_6407088.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Le marine corps invades, army occupies meme. Army saw more combat in every conflict since vietnam retarded faggot, read a book.

They don't need a military. No one is going to invade North America and Canada doesn't have enough standing in foreign policy to pursue any sort of force projection. Essentially the only reason they have any importance in the world is because in the past they were somewhat useful.

Even today they could disband their entire military as long as they just kept the NORAD stations and literally nothing would change.

>the army saw more combat

Yes. Invasions take very little time. Occupations and subsequent operations require more time. Not to knock on the army, but the marine corps is better suited to actually fighting whereas the Army specializes in counterinsurgency and stabilization.

That's funny, because in WWII Marines got the much tougher pacific campaign while the US army basically got to waltz through Western Europe YEARS after the fighting had already started, and then we had to save the army in the Chosen Resivoir in Korea, and then Kasan in Vietnam, we got Al Anbar province of Iraq, and Helmand province of Afghanistan...has Canada even fought a stand alone war before? Because your claim to fame is basically being used as cannon fodder/ light infantry scrimachers by the British in WWI/WWII in order to save their less expendable troops from the meat grinder

Marines do very little invading these days unless you include marsoc/recon, but even then rangers and green berets were right beside them. Marine grunts are fucking crayon-eaters who fell for the super-marine meme.

>that flag
Pretty tall words for somebody that has lost in Afghanistan

You sound like a dumbass civilian, nobody likes recon and raiders are basically a bunch of faggots without a neche as they don't even have their own trainers (90% running the indoc are Academi) and the army has been training/ fighting with indigenous forces since the 50's

Canada declared war on Germany independently from Britain. Also search up the north africa campaign, US army were major participants. Also the western front was not a cake walk...

>Be US army
>Middle of Belgium in fucking winter
>Cant feel trigger finger
>Krauts barrage you with artillery for weeks while you sleep in a hole in the snow
>You lose half your company before advancing 10km

this is a shillthread, so siggedy sage
that's not a grunt in the pic.
jtf2 are elite antiterrorists - train other countries' special forces all over the world
snipers are consistent best-in world
impeccable and honourable reputation - huge commitment compared with population.

anyone who knows anything about .mil knows can-armed forces are awesome

Saw some military guys last week at a red blacks game. They seem weak. It's strange. I think our boys in JTF2 are pretty battle hardened but we have alot of greenhorns

We have the best snipers and SF. Our standard forces need some milk tho

Nigga, you guys haven't even had the military to fight a war since Korea. The reason you did so poorly in Kandahar was because you would not admit you were getting absolutely BTFO'ed by the Taliban so you pulled the majority of your manuver element back onto KAF to appear like you were still in the fight...like, I'm talking about why your military is garbage in 2017 and you are bringing up WWII for some reason...typical leaf deflection

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa

JTF2 and CSOR are both trainined on US army bases, mostly in Georgia. "Train other forces around the world", bitch you're cream of the crop are BARELY tier 3

Heel spurs. You don't know what you're talking about. Anybody who talks out his ass then glues our flags on his backback is a cunt. You fell into little spear ridden booby traps in 'nam and then fucked up the entire middle east for an amateur magicians' country

A sweep and clear, and you STILL couldn't do that without embedded US SF, nor were you able to actually hold any territory once you cleared.

We should just invade canda

All the while you sat at home and sucked dicks...

You lose everything you start youre not independent you chimped out over losses in a free tea market and called those "taxes". White house used to be pink

huffingtonpost.ca/bruce-moncur/canadian-forces_b_6407088.html The absolute state of the Canadian army

Or necked with pence. Read books. Vagina makes you be a better soldier said fucken nobody ever, except australia

Go blow elliot shimon. You think we like living beside babylon? No need for militaries anymore

Why not just post with a leaf flag, same thing as that rainbow shit

You have a molecn star party president now i dont give a damn

Who cares. They are being replaced with svelt, fit young women and minorities as we speak.

In all seriousness they are more for domestic emergency situations... internationally they are more for PR... to lend moral support and say the nation supported X mission. (same with all smaller militaries)

They played a substantial/real role in the world wars -- particularly shipping supplies/personalle to Britain in the battle of the Atlantic - they were the lifeline for a period before the US got involved

I once tried to behead a Canadian but he kept on apologizing to me and telling me of more gruesome ways to kill him. I felt bad for the chap and let him go.

CANSOF fag here.

Reason 1: Money, or lack there-of.

Reason 2: Recruitment. Even the reg army and reserve have issues with recruiting, as few want to join.

Reason 3: Cucks. The majority of the Canadian population do not overtly support the military because they are brainwashed by our media into believing the 'peacekeeper' meme, and the majority of our citizens are far left of centre, almost Sweden tier. So there is little respect for our military in the civ pop.

Reason 4: Bureaucracy. What the majority of the CAF is doing is pushing paper. It's the reason for your pic related. It's so bloated that we can barely procure new equipment.

Ces't la vie.

As for using your bases: why wouldn't we? Your guys actually go operational more often, and your facilities are in warm places that aren't frozen 6 months of the year.

Battle hardened from what? Any Canadian army guy, spec ops or regular old grunt, who deployed to Afghanistan after 2008, didn't do shit. Only guys who saw combat are well into their 30's

I know a few soldiers who served with Canadians in Iraq. The general consensus was that the Leafs kicked ass. Very clean, very professional, calm killers. The kinda guys that would shoot a jawa in the face then say "sorry".

Why don't you just gut the military save for combat arms?

>trying to be rational with burger

I will admit that our army sucks like the Europeans though

My mother spent 23 years in the Canadian
millitary she trained in the rig force, infantry, medics, armour divisions and so on before joining the militia, resently she was visiting and old friend if hers (who will not be named) and when she asked him what kind of changes have there been in our military equipment a for the general infantry and such his answer was that nothing has changed accept for computer programs canadian's current arsenal is completely outdated we are using 20 year old equipment very little of it gets updated countries like Russia or the United States could bowl over Canada and its military in a fortnight

British>Australians>French>50 feet of shit>Canadians>100 feet of shit>Germans

You sound like an angry boot with an axe to grind. Why so edgy?

I've worked with your regular Army/Marines, and Nat Guard units. Met a lot of crayon eaters, but a lot of good people as well.

What you have on your side are numbers and money, and a decent officer corps.

Would love to see that.

It has been tried, and failed due to the push back from the thousands of Lt.Col's/Col's/Generals that have meaningless jobs in Ottawa.

I've been to our HQ... what a gong show. Fatties everywhere.

canadian here
sorry

I was with 2nd MEB in 2009. We would have gone all in into Kandahar, had your military been willing to ceed the battle space. Instead we went into Helmand, because Ottawa wanted to make a good show, even though you got your asses kicked, badly. I'm pissed because at least with the US, most Americans will admit we lost Vietnam, there is just this total denial on Canada's part that they did anything wrong. Even some of your army guys think Kandahar is an example of how "modern and capable" the Canadian army is. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

That's true of the majority. I've met Corporals with twin majors and masters degrees.

Then you have guys like the OP, who let it go to their head.

>that flag
Pretty big word for a faggot who's hiding his flag

A seaman once told me portugal tries to steal our lobsters all the time and we always need to scare or piss them off. See any invaders? You just get off on dickmeasuring contests. Shylock has a base and a hand in a pocket worldwide

Will your older SF guys at least admit that the Kandahar campaign went over as well as a football bat?

Am aware, and won't argue the point.

We flushed a lot of good people down the toilet in Afghan and tried to do too much with too little. Fact is, the Army was already stretched thin before and could not rotate enough through. I know guys with 7 tours and 2 divorces. That shit takes its toll.