Reason Itself Is A White Male Construct

>“‘White’ is of the utmost relevance to philosophy, and postmodern theory helps us to see why,” Caputo says in the interview. “I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’

>The end result of critiquing whiteness, Caputo suggests, is the realization that the supposed “reason” underlying philosophy is just another form of white privilege … or something of that nature.

>“I think that what modern philosophers call ‘pure’ reason — the Cartesian ego cogito and Kant’s transcendental consciousness — is a white male Euro-Christian construction,” he says. “White is not ‘neutral.’ ‘Pure’ reason is lily white, as if white is not a color or is closest to the purity of the sun, and everything else is ‘colored.’ Purification is a name for terror and deportation, and ‘white’ is a thick, dense, potent cultural signifier that is closely linked to rationalism and colonialism. What is not white is not rational. So white is philosophically relevant and needs to be philosophically critiqued — it affects what we mean by ‘reason’ — and ‘we’ white philosophers cannot ignore it.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ozHnd
youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

were do I fit in?

Does this make it official, then? There's no such thing as a white liberal?

if you are Japanese then you have a pure Japanese reason? You don't think the way white people do.

bit rude

..did this dude just call nonwhites retarded?
what fucking timeline is this

>criticism for using the term true north
What?

nah man its beautiful because like see Basho does not think like say descartes.

you must watch the movie "silence" by scorcesse. deals wit this issue.

lol

Where does eastern philosophy fall in to...?

>white men invented reason

they're not wrong

Much more of a spiritual view aint it?

here he is socrates himself. archive.is/ozHnd

the west is nominalistic today while the east tends to be realistic.

the west denies that words correspond to real ideas. like beauty means whatever you want ti to be.

the east says no there is a real standard or idea of beauty.

its plato vs aristotle here.

>Reason is white and therefore bad now
In one year this will be the mainstream narrative.
You will get to watch all your friends and family blabber along with this, with you standing next to it and thinking you are going insane.
Just like every other time. You think this time, its too stupid, this time they gotta think for themselves right? What hurt me most about Sup Forums was probably seeing my friends and family, people I trusted all my life say the most retarded shit just because the Media tells them to.

(((Levenstein))))
Its not even funny anymore.

Intelligence, beauty and civility is a white male construct. How can we get rid of these things so we're no longer oppressed by white males?

This has the ghost of a point, but I don't see at all how this corresponds to Plato. You cannot find a more vigorous proponent of things having objective measure and value than Plato. Aristotle would also never associate with such an idea. The "east"? Which "east"? There is not one monolith of eastern thought. Taoism and Confucianism had a massive falling out over the very issue of nomenclature.

You're a bit of a faggot
Fucking faggot kekistani
Do your parents a favor and kys redditcancer

Sup Forums has to be wrong eventually, right?

> Logic defined by greeks ~2500 years ago
> Spreads throughout the world, influences thought through the ME and even into China. "And Lo, it WAS good". influenced more shit than can be mentioned.
> Much was lost for some time, but Islamic Scholars reveled and saved the texts and translated them back into modern languages during the late middle ages / early renaissance.
> Sets off basis for modern thought and lead into scientific resurgence, eventually leading up to today.

EVERYONE in nearly ALL cultures benefited in some way, and yet somehow causing a positive effect on all people is white privilege? I don't know what's scarier, the fact people believe this guy, or he believes his own garbage.

If only Germans had a sense of humour

>Kekistani flag
>Posts Post-Modernist bullshit.
>Literally a dog whistle to throw out reasoning because it is a white construct.
Neck yourself. But before that: read some fucking books.

He'll leave Mel Brooks racist humor alone.

Why germans everytime they write comments these looks so kafkian?

ohk maybe that was over broad.

Germany, obvs

what? I am showing you THIER post-modern BS.

what books to read?

>>“‘White’ is of the utmost relevance to philosophy, and postmodern theory helps us to see why,” Caputo says in the interview. “I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’
And leftists still maintain peterson doesnt know what post modernism is

rule of thumb Sup Forums is always wrong predicting happenings everything else we're right on

Alrighty then

To bait, how would you respond to this? The phrase 'true north' is unique to Western Europeans, so how would you respond when someone asserts that your perspective/heritage/acculturation is limiting your ability to see other points of view?

There's a trend now in education to denounce the ancient Greeks and Romans in regards to philosophy and morality

It's an argument on semantics that has no value.

I'd ask what their analogue of "True North" is and ask them if I'd like to use that with them.

Dat Mer'kan reading comprehension do...

It's a white european polytheistic construct and that faggot gives the glory to (((christianity))). No better than the left.

We're coming for the Mel Brooks movies first then oven dodger
>oy vey that's antisemitic mel brook films are part of jewish culture

Kek

You're a white reasoning with white reason, ergo by your own admission your reason is flawed. This guy is fucking retarded. That's just circular logic.

North is the unchanging point of the sky in the northern hemisphere. As the earth spins though out the solar system, northen constellations stay relatively constant. It is used to maintain navigation at night. North is the guide stone of sea navigation.

This has already happened. I think there's a video surrounding the red-haired 'Can I get some muscle' incident.
Trying to find it, basically they are discussing African magic as a replacement for reason.

Just found it (was wrong about location, but it's still interesting):
youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

We'll the left abandoned reason years ago, now they have the unenviable task of justifying their insanity.

Turns out. Reason and logic are racist.

This is not unexpected but makes me feel very smug.

These faggots believe we are born as blank slates and nothing nurture effects us. This is the only way you can make sense of this dribble of everything is construct. Nature plays no part in who u are.

This is literally how the Khmer roughe saw people

The race who solved the Riddle of Steel

The redpill will eliminate the weak from your life.

It's sad but they are too far gone. You can't stay sane when in an asylum.

>GREEKS

>>>>WHITES
HAHAHAHAHA. STOP TRYING TO APPROPRIATE MEDITERRANEAN CULTURE, YOU FUCKING WHITE DEVILS.

I lost a pic I had on my old hard drive, but basically I had a screencap of a Reddit thread where some dumb feminists were literally arguing that "logic" was a Euro-centric concept, and that denying African "emotional reasoning" was insensitive.

There has never been an important thinker from below the equator.

No shit look it up.

Welcome to post-modernism kiddos.

>emotional reasoning
Explains chimp outs but doesn't get you to the moon

LOL I thought of this too.

Niggers, when will they ever, ever learn?

I agree with him for the wrong reasons.

Instead of statues, why not dismantle the electric Jew?

The masses can't be influenced by the fake narrative if one isn't being broadcast.

Should mention that they need to climb at least a 5-story building and jump first for this to work.

More like this are needed. And if someone could also create images of what the replacement statues would be I think there's some potentially funny shit.

is it that curious phenomenon where the far left and far right meet?
>abortion good! wamens choice

>abortion good! less welfare sheboons!

I'd tell them that I live within this nation, within its own context, and that any other context alien from this place is completely irrelevant from a social perspective.

I don't care if the Germans use 'der' to say 'he', doesn't make it acceptable to use that in a conversation in English.

Relitivism is irrelevant because it ignores contexts and basic truths. And if your going to pull some solipsistic 'I only exist in my head' bullshit then that conversation is obviously irrelevant too; if nothing truly exists outside of you then there is nothing to talk about.

The race that is so proud you'd rather go extinct then breed with niggers and muslims.

Hats off to you bro.

I have to say, I'd get it on with kawaii Putin.

>Reason is a white man's construct

Won't argue with you there you disgusting Khazar.

how are you supposed to improve/learn from history when you erase it entirely? these people are totally autistic

that's the point