Well?

Well?

Fairies are dumb.

What about belief in wrong religion?

wtf i'm a christian now

god made me an atheist

What if God does exist, but he rewards non-believers and punishes believers?

Im a fundamentalist agnostic. I'm not even sure that you exist. What awaits me? If there is a heaven and the alternative is merely Oblivion then I don't give a shit. If, on the other hand, it is hell then I'm scared shitless.

That's only true if you factor in only one of the many thousands of deities we have ever worshiped.

Being in limbo isn't really eternal suffering, it's simply eternalness of sitting around and doing nothing except for talking to other people there.
I'm currently and slowly re kindling my flame in belief but it's not for the reason of eternal joy but God. The picture you posted is a really stupid argument.

>Well?
It's more complicated then OPs picture. Then again, why should I explain that to you burger? You won't understand it anyway. Try and find our for yourself.

Don't worry paddie, it's Catholicism.

I don't want to exist forever. That's the joy of life. Ephemeral beauty.

IMO heaven and hell are not /literally/ real but are useful metaphors for something that is real and is difficult to articulate as concisely.

Same goes for most shit in the bible. It's not literally true, but it has a lot of truth to it that you won't find anywhere else.

Pascal's wager doesn't work.

You can't just say you believe in God to escape going to hell. You have to really accept Jesus, ask for forgiveness of your sins, etc.

Dumbest idea ever. Getting religious just to min/max your existence = you're still going to hell you piece of shit.

Faith is a supernatural grace and Pascals wager is theologically untenable. If your belief is predicated upon such a terrible premise it's likely a false and dead faith that will lead to condemnation, so your wager was actually just you condemning yourself. The reason is because the entire framework of the wager implies a doubt to some degree, even when you agree to believe.

Faith must be total and unwavering, and the idea of it being possibly untrue must be horrifying and rejected with absolute certainty.

>Getting religious just to min/max your existence

I fucking kek'd

You can't choose to believe something. You either do or don't.
Jumping on the god bandwagon (which god?) because you're worried you may be eternally punished by god (again, which one?) if you don't believe, is pathetic, intellectually shallow and dishonest.

It's not a proof, so it's for women and babies.
A man demands empiricism, evidence, and truth.

Heaven as a literal place is a weird concept. Everyone would have to have their own version of it or it wouldn't be heaven for many.

What if heaven is a place where God hacks into your brain and makes you believe you're living in your own version of heaven?

well its not that easy to just ´believe´ something
and if god is everywhere then he can see that you dont believe even if you´d go to churches, pray n shit

Would Still rather be in he'll, is something wrong with me?

What if you believe in the wrong denomination of christianity? Then youre going to hell?

far out

yes, actually, heretics go to hell

>Matthew 7:21-23 --- Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What's with the (?) For atheist crossed with wiccans?
What makes non believers so special to wiccans?

>Well?
Stop helping the enemies of God avoid burning in hell.

Thank you.

That is how it is now.
Believers who sin are punished on Earth because of our eternal salvation, non-believers gain worldly possessions and rank on Earth because they burn and eternally tortured in the flaming fire of Hell.

Because God knew if you would believe in him or not when he created you (Predestination), so you were already fucked before you were born.

I mean, it's all equally likely.

3 errors.

The chance of "eternal joy" is 0%.

In "belief + you're wrong" it should read: paid church tax for 90 years, attended church for hundreds of hours, e.g. the COSTS of belonging to a religion.

The chance of "eternal suffering" is 0%.

The Wiccan God may or may not punish people who don't believe in him (her?) but will punish the Abrahamic religions for shitting on him all the time.

Jej, basically
>Abrahamic religions are Cancer: The Chart

You're right. I'm off to sacrifice some children to Moloch in case He exists and grants eternal bliss in return for child sacrifice.

If an omniscient god knows your going to hell before you live your life then why do you even exist?
The only choices are god doesnt know all or god doesnt exist.

God being a mind-hacker is just as likely as any other afterlife explanation? If that's the case, why do 90% of people who have near death experiences see the same things (tunnel of light, loved ones alive and dead at peace, rising above the body). If being mindhacked was just as likely, people who almost die would see the fucking matrix you idiot

It seems that wiccans believe whatever someone believes will happen to them. Therefore, what will happen to athiests is ambiguous.

That reminds me I had to learn Pascal in HS. Of all the fucking weird languages.

>tfw actually put FORTON on my resume back then

I saw errors of my ways! Glory be to the Great Osiris, Lord of the dead!

>If an omniscient god knows your going to hell before you live your life then why do you even exist?
To fulfill his master plan obviously.

It's like a game developer creating NPCs just for the players (his elected) to kill or something.

Are you seriously asking me why animals with the same neurology have the same experience suffering from the same neurological conditions?

Are you retarded?

Maybe you believe and you still go to hell, maybe you dont believe and go to heaven, maybe you believe or dont believe and there is neither nothing, hell or heaven etc etc

This is retarded but I'll run with it. I thought wiccans believed in the magic of nature or some shit. Where the earth was the literal god, surely all mako energy returns to the life stream.

Belief in Atheism is the easiest way to know if someone is a moron.

> God is so inhuman he will torture those that did not believe without evidence for whole eternity

damn the god is so nice, makes me want to fear-believe

What about Atheist Agnostic Hindus?

>believing in hell

I have no idea what they believe in but the reasoning seems to be basically karma with a pagan aesthetic.

>believing in God merely because you're afraid of eternal suffering
That's literally the best way to actually end up in Hell if God actually exists.

Pascal is assuming that you can fool God into believing that you are a believer. Which make it's reasoning quite weak.

Tfw I am that npc. I hope god set me to essential then. Id best start doing my part with cheesy one liners.
You know I got to thinking, maybe I'm the dragonborn.

I feel like I'm a NPC too but who knows

The cost of being a Christian is believing the Lord, Jesus Christ died on the crucifix as a sacrifice for your sin.

>Belief in athiesm.
I think my brain just imploded.

Not to mention all the religions that have been lost throughout the years. I'd like to think the odds of any of the current religions being the true religion is smaller than the odds that if a true religion did exist that it has been wiped out and lost to the sands of time.

God would never torture you.
He will just leave you on your own.
It's enough

No, he assumes that performing correct rituals and following rules while considering the probability of god's existence to be extremely low will still Grant you post-death benefits if god exists.

Reminder that more Gods accept atheists into heaven than Christians

it only talks about the outcome after you die, what will be the deal if we talk about how you live?

sucking a priest dick all your childhood because your parents want to have multiple orgasms when they die isn't exactly a good deal.

Ganesh wouldn't give a fuck if you believed in Jesus or not.

Besides, you'd be reincarnated after a while. Also Varuna is the sky god, not Ganesh.

>God of new beginnings
He got lucky though

Yeah, if there's a right one it might be something we don't even know about.

God knows the difference between true faith, and 'blind following because maybe candy at the end'.

Pascal was stupid as fuck. No wonder his name means "On shit" or "Taking a dump" in Finnish.

Which god do you need to believe in?
What if there is a god who lets the atheists in heaven and sends the believers in hell?

Nah your thinking about this the wrong way. The true diestic religion would be the oldest one by virtue of the fact the god would not let their religion die out.
If on the other hand a non deistic religion is real your fucked and have no idea.
Oldest domestic religion is Hinduism btw.

-tips fedora-

Why is Finnish the best language?

>live your entire life without God just fine
>in the afterlife, God leaves you alone
>this is somehow bad

Also,
>God would never torture you
If we're talking about the Christian God here, you're making a very risky assumption there, lad.

The Vatican religion is the wrong religion...

Kek a god that kills off his playable characters but the Npc's are save by the fact that they were written into the code.

The problem with abrahamic religions is the want. God wants something. Why does a God want anything? It knows all ends and has already seen every possible decision.

It's easier to think of the simulation theory. Someone is running a sim and we're all NPCs. Or if you're a firm believer that we are Gods thoughts playing out. He's experiencing all ends and we are just one of those ends.

Back to the wipe out idea statistically if anyone person got a "true religion eureka" moment it would die out. Survivorship bias makes us think current religions should hold more weight but that's not necessarily true.

I corrected this for you OP

What about the difference between superficially adhering to a religion and an actual faith? Problem of different and contradictory belief aside, let's assume Roman Catholicism is the only real option. So say I take Pascal's Wager: I go to Mass every Sunday, I obey every official teaching of the Church, I avoid sin, I celebrate Catholic holidays and so on. But if I would do it just as a hedge against eternal damnation I don't really love God or accept Jesus into my heart; you can't just forcibly feel love or faith just because you think it's the most rational choice. And both the Bible and Church's catechism condemn hypocrites who just pretend to be Christian and teach salvation is possible only through Jesus. So I go to hell anyway.

Another problem is that the choice of belief isn't costless. OP's pic shows "nothing" in case of atheism being a correct belief, but that's certainly not the case. Even if superficial adherence to a religion was enough to achieve salvation, in case I'm wrong I just missed out on a large part of life that is prohibited by my religion of choice as a sin. Imagine a Muslim woman who accepted the Wager and lived her whole life according to Muslim teachings. If Allah doesn't actually exist, then she voluntarily condemned herself to brutal slavery for nothing.

I've likely grown an actual fedora writing this.

Fine, I'll accept Islam....

That's the problem with papism, lad. It's run it's course and as a frail, heretical version of Christianity, has probably run its course (God willing).

In Good Religions, Good people go to heaven. Period.
In other religions
You don't have to be good.
You make a deal with HIM personally.
Then eat His flesh and drink His blood.
HE will set you up.

Don't Protestant denominations require actual faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?

>Well?

Absolutely

Fucking

Retarded

For one, belief is not a fucking choice you god-damn retards

We ought to remember who and what EVERYONE REALLY IS - Pure Consciousness, which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL, experiencing life in a temporary human form. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO and you can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. They want us to think that the average person is powerless to positively change the world, but the TRUTH is that we have INFINITE POWER - both individually AND collectively. There's only one of us here. If you hit yourself on the head with a baseball bat, they'll put you in a mental hospital, yet that's EXACTLY what people are doing on a global scale. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.

What we need to do is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually AND collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. People are AWAKENING to a MORE EXPANDED CONCEPTION of the world and life in general and this is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that includes EVERYTHING that I tell you. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.

We're all one - and the beauty of this is that we don't have to be cucks despite this fact (and it IS a fact). We can STILL protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction. We ought to embrace nationalist principles to protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction even while REMEMBERING who and what WE REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) experiencing life in a temporary human form. Our TRUE STATE, our TRUE NATURE and our TRUE IDENTITY is Pure Consciousness and Pure Consciousness is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. We are SIMULTANEOUSLY one yet different in our oneness in much the same way that the waves of an ocean are one with that ocean but are also unique in and of themselves in that each wave has its own shape, speed and size. I think that's pretty neat. What we call 'reality' is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale. From unconditional love we ALL sprang and to unconditional love we ALL return. There is no death, only transference of consciousness. There are no answers, only choices. There are no hallucinations, only shifts in perception. There are no laws, only habits. There are no coincidences, only synchronicities. There are no truths, only experiences. There is no separateness, only oneness. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my message shall NEVER pass away. The message is more important than the messenger.

well what?

atheists are retarded more news at 11

You don't understand the concept of belief

You don't understand Pascal's wager

Sure are a lot of retards here today

>he thinks belief is a choice

This is why alcohol is bad for you guys

>pascal's
Does it really need to be credited by someone?

Yes, so we know who to laugh at when its brought up(besides the person bringing it up)

literally muslim heaven

Pascal's Wager...
>Is for pussies
>Doesn't account for all religious viewpoints.
>Implies all viewpoints are equally probable.

Take your pick.

>implying that it will be eternal suffering in hell
>implying that it will be eternal joy in heaven as well.
>Implying that omnipotent being that is very sensitive to the people believing in it, will not know that you believe it out of the mercantile interest instead of believing it from your heart
>Implying said omnipotent thing won't get triggered and throw you in hell anyways.

the wager falls apart because god knows if you're not sincere in your belief.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you can't consolidate your rational thoughts with the irrationality of theism, and god exists, you're going to hell.

unless of course god understands you better than anyone and can understand why you would think that, in which case he would forgive you, in which case the wager falls apart anyway.

So.. You think belief is a choice?

> Islam
> Not going to the bad deeds rewarded heaven
To the trash it goes.

>falling this hard for the atheist jew meme.

that comic is surprisingly retarded.
But so are american atheists so whatever.

No, faggot.
The wager is still for pussies.

Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Turn to Him and repent from your sins.

yeah, but choosing one that says "you're fucked either way" is just retarded. May as well take a guess of the plausible religions instead of opting for "fuck me if I'm right too"

>the all powerful God chriscucks kept trelling us about won't find out of we start doing religion out of personal interest