Pretend this isn't completely unconstitutional for a second

Pretend this isn't completely unconstitutional for a second.
Wouldn't a law like this result in people actively ignoring and avoiding interacting with trannies because they would rather avoid them than run the risk of "misgendering" them?
The risk to reward ratio would be way too high to make any interaction with a transgender individual worth the risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/PMWtr
breitbart.com/california/2017/08/17/california-bill-1-year-in-jail-for-using-wrong-transgender-pronoun/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This can't be real

>California
oh but it can

this was predicted

Does this mean I can get anyone imprisoned by yelling out loud they didn't use my preferred pronoun? This looks exploitable.

Time to go to California and get arrested. I'm half brown so time for free gibs

this will be abused

You can be fined $250,000 in NY for not calling people ‘ze’ or ‘hir,’ if that’s the pronoun they demand that you use
archive.is/PMWtr

Fuck I live in NY and I didn't know that

I've basically stopped interacting with transgendered people because it's too much risk. You can accidentally say the wrong pronoun or forget and then bam fine or jail it's best to just avoid them

is this taught in schools?
how the fuck are non-internet savvy people supposed to know this?

>Wouldn't a law like this result in people actively ignoring and avoiding interacting with trannies because they would rather avoid them than run the risk of "misgendering" them?

Oh yes, people who would otherwise tolerate their presence will now shy away from them and act like they didn't notice them if confronted. Businesses will subtly extend their openings for a job just a little bit more in case there happens to be somebody else more qualified, never-mind if it makes itself unhirable by sitting down before the interviewer sits. etc. etc.

Too bad the money wont go to whoever gets "offended". Just change your preferred-pronouns each day, and sue whoever refuses to call you Hitler.

This. nobody talks to them? No problem. Inb4 they come up with a bill where you have to have at least 1 trans friend.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THIS IS WHY CALIFORNIANS ARE FLOODING INTO NEIGHBORING STATES

LEFTISTS HAVE TURNED ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PARTS OF THE COUNTRY INTO AN ABSOLUTE SHITHOLE

How many trannies do you even encounter that you've "stopped interacting" with them? I don't think I've ever met a tranny IRL.

trannies insist they're real women
doesn't this law enforce the idea that they are NOT women because they're literally enforcing people to keep pretending

I REALLY hope this passes. Please ruin California! PLEASE!

Yes, some tranny youtuber made the exact argument about a similar Canadian law that it would make trans people a legal liability for companies and further marginalize them.

That law that made Jordan Peterson so famous when he came out against it.

calexit when?

>I don't think I've ever met a tranny IRL.
I have seen a few but i never actually talk to them or contact them.

This is why if someone tells you they're transgender, you immediately ignore them even if they're there. You can't misgender them if they don't exist.

WE NEED TO BE WARNING NORMIES ABOUT THIS COMPELLED SPEECH SHIT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
FREEDOM IS AT STAKE

breitbart.com/california/2017/08/17/california-bill-1-year-in-jail-for-using-wrong-transgender-pronoun/

How can you believe in free speech, but think the government can compel people to use certain pronouns when talking to others? … This is not tolerance. This is not love. This is not mutual respect. True tolerance tolerates people with different views. We need to treat each other with respect, but respect is a two-way street. It is not respectful to threaten people with punishment for having sincerely held beliefs that differ from your own.

>California
>Constitution
Pick one

it's real, but it is not enforceable. it will be overturned by any higher court if someone is unlucky enough to get convicted.

california is a joke. i live in arizona and half the people i meet are from california and refuse to return.

Dear Mexicans,
Please take this place back. Maybe have an insurgent campaign with bombs and shit.
Sincerely,
Normal America

>California

Author is Sup Forumslack