What's with liberals and their obsession with Harry Potter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwC6IFi6RuU
mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

harry was also told not to go to hogsmeade because people there wanted to kill him

people relate to pop culture. its been going on since and before Homeros

Le Harry Potter is so nerdy. Let me tell everyone how I'm such an a nerd and therefore intelligent xd

God the left is so awful at meme's and humor

(((pop culture)))

So they're trying to make this a meme even though there's objective video proof that Antifa started many of the altercations?

The left are incapable of relating things to events of actual historical relevance.

this
not everything is a Jewish/liberal conspiracy fuckass

mind and soul cancer, they are so empty they can only think in propaganda

Don't worry, I'll post it guys

Voldemort was right!

Most nerdy American millennials read Harry Potter as a kid, and nerds swing between hard-left commies and hard-right skinheads. Its a trend that goes all the way back to Lord of the Rings.

liberals have the mentality of retarded children.

They've only read children's books.

Thank you, doing good work user.

They're children.

It's not exactly that. It's that they weren't brought up on folk tales and legends. Or biblical tales. Harry Potter is the closest thing they have.

lmao volemorte isn't even obsessed with blood purity... i don't even think he says anything about it

Since their all atheist's, Potter fills that Jesus shaped hole.

EXPELLIADRUMFUS!!

They don't fucking know anything else.

well most of these harry potter or star wars plotlines are inspired by historical events

Voldemort is a one dimensional, cartoon bad guy.

they live in a fantasy

This shitty series has to have been some kind of MK Ultra mind control propaganda. I read 4 of the books as a kid. I enjoyed them but grew out of them and stopped following the series. I understood the hype around each release but the way this series has been politicized over the last 2 years utterly baffles me. Somehow every shitlib on the planet has read them all.

GAS THE NIFFLERS

Every fucking time

Reminder that Rowling is /ourgirl/
youtube.com/watch?v=DwC6IFi6RuU

this

that would require them to actually learn about history

BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING READ

They only watched the movies.

Isn't there like one nigger in the entirity of Harry Potter, certainly no main characters.

so you be saying we wuz wizzads n shiet?

Harry Potter is so gay
>t. Millennial who couldn't read it cause it was shit

Montagues & Capulets would be the better analogy

Have these stupid fucks ever read another book?

lack of religion and the solid moral base it provides leaves them scraping for whatever they can find, usually with capeshit, star wars, or harry potter since they're popular LOLSONERDY things.

Because Harry Potter is one of the easiest book series to get into. It's basically the most normie fantasy novel one can find and sits in a tier of the most casual garbage out there.

If they want to larp as wizards from Hogwarts then we should larp as occultists of Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. Let's see those faggots use their most powerful spells up against our Magic God's Light of Judgement attack.

People who are hooked on entertainment media are mentally incapable of understanding anything without making direct comparisons to something else that's easier to process. This is simply how they have been trained. A populace capable of deeper comprehension of current issues and events would be detrimental to the social engineering of public opinion perpetrated by entertainment industry elites.
Pop culture is mind control. Reclaim your agency and denounce the artificial god that is Media.

It's a smart book to liberals kek

This isn't even a meme btw, we've seen many examples posted her eon Sup Forums over the years. They used a HP analogy on Sweden's prime (most serious) state run radio channel (p1) during some panel on the US and Drumpf a day or so ago... pathetic.

That Goebbels quote about the world turning into a grey and dull state if they lost... often reminded of it.

the real reason is that harry potter is a good vs evil story, its pretty much just fucking black and white, which is how they also see the world. as good vs bad and nothing else

Do we have a harry potter themed smuggie yet? I can't draw.

Something like "I don't agree with your political stance but I have no coherent argument so remember that time Harry Potter fought an evil wizard? What about that? Haha, checkmate Nazi."

I think its really kind of them to compare the alt right to harry potter and voldemort to soros

It's the only thing they've read that even has a basic good vs evil plot. If they even read it.

The movies were way better than the books.

It's allegory for simpletons.

yeah theres one out there of a mustachioed hipster with a star wars shirt saying ""OH TRUMP DOING BLAH BLAH BLAH IS JUST LIKE WHEN HARRY AND VOLDEMORT BLAH BLAH BLAH" floating around out there.

It's their bible

I don't know. It makes laugh that I quit reading this faggot series after the goblet of fire out of boredom so i dont have a cultural frame of reference whenever some retard tries to explain their worldview in terms of characters in a children's book

Nobody implied that you tinfoil hat totting leftist.

And in pop culture you have an infinite number of things to draw parallels to, yet the cringe left sticks with the same juvenile fantasy.

Your comic guy seems pretty cool. If he were real I would give him a pass on the day of the rope.

Theyre children. Men dont grow up any more because of low testosterone levels. And people in general have lived sheltered spoiled lives so theyre stuck in a kind of perpetual adolescence.

Haven't seen any of the other Potter movies than this one, and that was when it first came out. Robbie Coltrane really is a delight.

Because they're kids. Men grow up and watch Star Wars

Left has HP, Right has Lord of the rings
Left has Star Wars, Right has Warhammer

You misunderstand. This is a culture war, and ideas can grow into dangerous things without any conscious effort to do so.

The story itself isn't black and white, it just fails to explore the "bad" side and give them a fair hearing, instead railroading the reader.

It basically comes down to the "good" wizards giving up on keeping wizard blood pure so they can use magic and instead choose to racemix with normies and lose their powers over time.

Ironic, since the magic of the HP universe loved by the fans would fade away and be no more in that future.

Retarded, simplistic, scary that it isn't laughed at.

So funnily enough to the reader with more than a woman or child's brain it advocates blood purity.

It's just further commie programming of destroying Western culture to most readers.

I never got the appeal of Harry Potter as a kid. Star Wars, sure because its a great action series and all, but Harry Potter just seems so... irrelevant, I guess?
I grew up being raised on stories of World War II battles from my great grandfather who served, and of ancient Greco-Roman fables such as the story of Icarus, the saga of Hercules, etc. It's so interesting to here stories of the past that I see no interest in fantasy, the never will be, the implausible. Sure, Icarus probably isn't the most factually correct story, but it's so old, carries so much historical weight, and also has such an important message it's relevant no matter when. Harry Potter is just black and white fantasy.
Perhaps that's why the left seeks to destroy history. They were raised on fantasies that they have no care to preserve history, or even the urge to understand it.

Jesus, my grammar and spelling is terrible right now.

Fuck, there is and I might have it saved somewhere.

Harry Potter isn't trying to be epic fantasy. It's basically a coming-of-age series for teens with a fantasy twist.

They have legit autism. That shit is for little kids , not even teens.

Disney completely killed Star Wars for me. Before I was deeply into the lore and read a lot of comics and novels. Then Disney bought the rights and completely booted it all in favor of 'muh diversity and representation'

Okay I don't know if this is the one
is talking about, but it's close.

Copypasta I saved once:

>Gryfindor - SJWs, niggers, pakis
>Hufflepuff - retards and autists
>Ravenclaw - studious house (cho chang) - chink nerd house
>Slytherin - ubermensch, most succesful, outperformed even the supposedly intelligent Ravenclaws, all this while their common room is a damp dark basement (literal child abuse) and they have to deal with being stereotyped as evil

>slytherin leads and dumbledor hands over points to gryphidor, rising them from the very bottom to the top, the points are awarded for "friendship" and Harry breaking the school rules

>the school literally penalised hardworking Slytherins and rewarded the degenerates that are so retarded that they can't even follow the most basic of rules like "don't go there, danger"

>deatheaters are just frustrated reactionaries, if the society sent my aryan child into a fucking basement and humiliated his hard work by shitting on it, i'd be trying to resurrect voldemort as well

>hermione tried to start a elf revolution and when elves tell her that they like it the way it is, she gets angry at them and attacks them for not knowing whats good for them

They are obsessed with Harry Potter because it appeals to their beliefs that everything is a black and white good vs evil issue.

Cuck wars is for nu male lib babies.

Like I said, I've never read it, I'm just going off of what I've heard about it.

It's their replacement for the Bible.

for a lot of tards harry potter is the most profound book they've ever read

unexpected interesting point in a Sup Forums thread trashing liberals/nerds/numales

Pretty sad desu. I was reading an article about how a professor brought 20 students together, gave an overall history test, and only 4 passed. Answers included absolute gross inaccuracies, like France bordering the Balkans and Adam Smith being an American president- and these people where fully grown adults.

Am i the only one who thought the Bank in Harry Potter completly owned and controlled by (((Goblins))) is a reference to Jews?
>pic related
They even behave and talk like some anti-semitic stereotype out of the Der Stürmer newspaper. This can't be a coincidence.

>whats with liberals
they are mentally weak and delusional, whic makes them complicit in extreme evil like webm related

I mean come on
>pic related

There's a pretty obvious difference between a clear literary analogy and pop culture.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and Animal Farm was just a silly novella about pigs.

What else did you expect from the fanbase of one of the dullest franchises in history? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

There's no evidence in the series that purebloods are stronger magically than muggleborns or mixed bloods. I don't know why Sup Forums keeps insisting that diluting magical bloodlines will destroy magic in the setting.

I think it's some kind of code so olds don't understand them. Like, I get the gist of this, but I don't know what "went to Hogsmeade" means. For the metaphor to work, it would have mean "recruited a gang and smashed the shit out of a peaceful rally with the tacit approval of the state." Did Harry Potter do anything like that?

Here, let me try one: The sons of Feanor are assholes and their obsession with the silmarils is retarded, but the orcs attacked them without any provocation. If they fall, the orcs will overrun Gondolin, so we must defend them no matter how distasteful we find it.

except when it is faggot mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf

hmmm

Leftists are severely mentally ill

Harry Potter was a terribly written series published by scholastic. The only thing good they have ever done is get me out of class for 45 mins a day during their shitty book fairs 20 years ago.

girardfag?

Because Liberals love fantasies. They enjoy being detached from reality.

Voldemort did nothing wrong

People relate easily with pop culture.
It also gives them an easy straw man for their weak arguments.
Also it has lots of small words so it's easy for them to read
>harry_potter_copypasta_insert.png

The fact that To Kill a Mockingbird is a mandatory part of the American school curriculum but classics such as Atlas Shrugged are not pisses me off. At least they have 1984 and Animal Farm but they're just used to shove anti-conservative ideas into the youth.

Why is american education so bad? And don't answer me "because niggers", since when is it like this? Why do americans don't study anything outside muh freedom and muh few centuries of history?

The only books these people ever read

The entire series is circled around a victim who wasn't even that spectacular except for the fact he was a victim.

So glad I never wasted time watching or reading that shit.

Well, I'm convinced. JK Rowling is secretly /ourguy/. She just pretends to be blue pilled to through off the scent.

Disgusting capitalists.

Hollywood media is the modern bible. These people are the descendents of Puritans, they have religious structures in their brain that can be flipped on and off by magnetism.

They never grow up OP, they just become bigger kids.

This user is correct. The media uses pop culture to reach out to the masses. Look at how feminist Emma Watson is and how much girls idolize her.