Dostoyevsky predicted everything that is happening today in his book, Crime and Punishment over 100 years ago

Dostoyevsky predicted everything that is happening today in his book, Crime and Punishment over 100 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GrtjttyAPjo&vl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
librivox.org/the-possessed-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/
gutenberg.org/files/2554/2554-h/2554-h.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Leftism is a disease.

cool, user

related?

Leftism must be stopped at all costs.

As a Russian expat, I've very carefully studied our history and what leftism/bolshevism did to us in 1917. The genocide against my people.

You must stop the cancer from spreading any further my American brothers and sisters, you must catch it soon. Or you may too be victim to what happened to us exactly 100 years ago.

Do not let history repeat itself.

this is so on point..

tldr

he didn't predict what is happening today; history repeats itself in new ways

> history repeats itself in new ways
Yes this is true.
> he didn't predict what is happening today
It matches up to what is happening today, therefore predicted what is happening today.

Ancap-memeball time traveller.

you can do it, I have faith in you.

"They were a pure chosen people.....but no one had seen these men, no one had heard their words and their voices."

whoa

well fuckin don't ruin it for us.

rude.

what causes this, exactly? too much comfort in our culture? a disconnection from the physical means of survival? I'm at a loss for why our culture has followed this path.

pretty fucking late for that eh? seeded in toronto in the 60's and festered all over NA universities

fucking spoilers op

Demons (Бecы) is actually a better political statement. Here's a bit
youtube.com/watch?v=GrtjttyAPjo&vl=en

Perhaps it is what all great civilizations gravitate towards in their final stages, perhaps it is the natural course of action as with all organisms, systems and machinery -- corruption and decay sets in. Until we are no more and seed anew.

Or perhaps it is just engineered, at which point we must ask ourselves: to whose benefit.

One paragraph that I distinctly remember from a Dostoyevsky book was about how the once carefree nobility found themselves indebted to the Jew and the Jew whom they paid no mind before suddenly became their master.

I do not recall which book it was in. It may have been from Anna Karenina.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

This pretty much references the end times and almost entirely echoes the ending of Mother Shipton's prophecy.

For Dostoevsky the human intellect was a great source of evil. A human not grounded in anything but intellect becomes a perversion. Because most people are not geniuses - but they think they are. And they dont understand why their ideas are not ideas at all.

civilization is unnatural and degenerate

Rapid technological change alongside a collapse of religion.

basically modern leftism? ranks of college students with no real jobs and all the time in the world to take up on social justice campaigns

404?

not quite. It's strange. But i do guess a lack of meaning plays a part. They DO seek meaning, all humans do. But the intellect essentially devours itself and perverts what would be a natural human. Hell, Crime and punishment is about a student, a MISGUIDED student. He is not stupid and that is PRECISELY why he kills - because he can come up with a philosophical excuse. Religion kind off cuts that at the root.

Sorry what?

Thanks for the encouragement, Russiabro. I hope we can learn from your sacrifice.

they also exist on the right, but yes, this is what really pushed the Social Justice movement on the left and made it popular for whites.

Dostovevsky's "The Possessed", is prophetic in describing the degeneracy of society when nihilism infects the mind.
librivox.org/the-possessed-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/

To me this is a perfect example of individualism taken to the extreme,this is why i hate lolberts and ancaps,especially the ones like ,who cant eve read half a page (heh being 15 or simply american must be hard).
Look at unite the right and at the stat of Sup Forums after it,we are the people that swear to fight for the same thing but eat eachother.We have forgotten how to compromise and sacrifice our own ideas for the greater good.
You are not allways right,as amatter of a fact most of the time you are wrong so it would not hurt to listen and make compromises.

Keep these coming user, turning out to be a very insightful thread.

"cuck" was a psyop intended to remove cooperation from the vocabulary of the right.

Did you delete the pic or something?

Can't open it in any of my browsers.

> To me this is a perfect example of individualism taken to the extreme
Interesting, and I suppose the advent of the internet has made things dramatically worse. The fact that that the flow and distribution of information has become so cheap and ubiquitous that we cannot effectively sort through the piles and piles of available information and instead we are forced to imprison ourselves into our own biases and echo chambers losing the ability to reason and compromise with others.

It's evolution

Evolution is the most badly understood concept among the general public. It's a brute-force algorithm which your genome runs independently of individuals. Given a certain environment, it will slowly alter itself to suit it by trial and error, and gradually approach a "perfect" match.

When the environment isn't stable, there is no time for adaptation to create creatures suitable for their circumstances; rapid changes are generally the cause of extinctions. Huge changes within a single generation are the worst.

Technology has fundamentally changed the human experience too quickly. The biggest culprit is social media and smartphones wrecking havoc on brain chemistry not suited for the constant level of heightened stress and dopamine flood. You get all kinds of damaging responses from organisms unfit for their surroundings; depression, nihilism, leftist madness, anger, etc, all attempts to cope in some way. What you see in Dostoyvesky was the kind of madness that manifested from Russia moving away from a rural aristocracy to an urban, industrialized world, and that was much less severe than what's happening today.

Conservationism is the answer; tradition and slowing the rate of change is a natural survival mechanism. "Progressivism" is collective suicide.

People heavy on emotions getting together

No I didn't, that's weird. You can find it here.

gutenberg.org/files/2554/2554-h/2554-h.htm

Ctrl+F "Middle of Lent"

Damn he was woke af.

Love Dostoyevsky's work. He strangely was capable through a strictly Christian world view to analyse and foresee developments like very few could.
And on top of that he could write in a way that is enjoying to read for the average person, extremely rare combination.

Dostoevsky was certainly one of the greatest writers of all time, and quite possibly dived the deepest into the human condition.

Basically if the intelligesta are cucks and only care about themselves everything falls apart

we killed our God
now all we have is ideology

natural selection

Maybe if people read more books history wouldn't repeat itself. Just maybe.