End of Internet Free Speech

I hope you're happy, Sup Forums. I hope it was worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act#Impact_on_online_freedom_of_speech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What

GoDaddy shutting down hosting for sites it doesn't like politically sets a horrid precedent for free speech on the internet.

Good job stormfags

You have no right to freedom of speech from corporations. Why do you hate capitalism - are you some sort of commie?

lol as an American I hate Commies and Nazis that said, reddit should be taken down too...

how's that stormfags fault that liberals enthusiastically cancelled net neutrality on their own, without any regulatory changes?

Are you saying conservatives can't start their own webhosting sites? Really? Because if conservatives are that fucking lame, they do not deserve to win.

>(((Godaddy)))
Hates free speech.
Hates Americans.
Hates America.
Just like the communists. Only communists use them.

Legal precedent is basically forever. Trying to fight it is an uphill battle. And now deplatforming is likely to have a legal precedent.

>Why stormfags

Because the GoDaddy CEO explicitly cited their antics at Cville to explain why he did what he did

But... but racism

lol only retards use godaddy for their web hosting, godaddy has major market penetration due to advertising and that's it, their services are shit and they charge money for whois protection

something big is happening and it's not just some roastie getting killed that triggered it

this is an unprecedented, coordinated attack across every form of media

they are going hard after outlets of dissent and they are succeeding
they are setting up for something huge

This is not an isolated case though. TOR, Spotify, Google, the internet is breaking right now.

You completely missed the point

Use a proper registrar. Godaddy was already crap.

This. We need to start working to setting up our own infastructure

It's hard to compete with sites like YouTube but we can at least host a fucking web page in peace

Don't let these cunts control the internet

Why can you host your website on your own?

Why do you need google or gaydaddy for that?

Domain registrars, GoDaddy booted DS then Google did too and seized the dailystormer.com url which is unheard of

It might be possible that weeks from now most of CEO big infrastructure bosses will regret what they have done. The adrenaline buzz will have worn off by then and they will realise that they were just sucked in a peer mob mentality and media hysteria. There was nothing violent or hateful about the Unite the Right rally. That it was a reckless move to label the car accident an act of terror and that it was deceiving to pretend that the counter-protesters weren’t there to commit acts of violence. Maybe they will feel betrayed having been manipulated by a highly organised and funded NGO that spread doxing material and put overwhelming pressure on them to submit. Shouldn’t they feel dumb that they have universally undone some pretty sacred principles of free society just to counter signal against Daily Stormer. Daily Stormer that is just an edgy satirical website. A website that none of them know anything about.

pls explain?
are you suggesting hosting sites from home?

GoDaddy has a ToS. the stormer violated it. Not a big deal

This is crazy TOR spouting bullshit about the daily stormer too they won't shut it don't but fuck man also the liberals have totally turned against Assange at this point he's either a hologram or the liberals are going to have him killed. The internet is fucked

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act#Impact_on_online_freedom_of_speech

the US gov regulates the intarwebs of 'Murika
including domain names and IP addies
it contracts with ICANN to maintain it
ICANN is thus an agent of the US gov whenever it does its job for an american site
ICANN contracts with and accredits domain registrars
domain registrars are thus agents of the US gov when registering an american site
US gov can't hire someone to censor you
banning the stormer from registering cuz of political speech is illegal

buy server -> install webhosting software -> host website

-> get taken down by ddos

I have an IT degree and a Cisco CCNA. Can i help build an alternative to cloudflare?

if you think this is some sort of simple reaction or misunderstanding, you haven't been paying attention
there is an all out media blitz against "wrong think" in every level of mediain the U.S. right now
they are trying to fake enough outrage to make it seem plausible to the average citizen that extreme, unconstitutional measures are needed to combat this "alt-right nazi menace"
by the end of this power grab, we in the U.S. will be lucky if our internet police are as tolerant as those over in Europe

Yes goyim!

Blame the fellow victims goyim!

Do not look or care about the perpetrators, the other guy made you lose your toy and put you in time out, not me goyim !

just install proper protection desu

Pretty sure the CEO, Blake Irving, is one of (((them))).

self hosting is off-topic, as to registrar kicking you out, you dumb toothpaste nigger

It's a media blitz that will last as long as the public outrage does. Once the spell wears off people are going to realise what the fuck just happened. It will be like waking up with a hangover and a dead whore in your bed. I'm wishing that some will express regret.

The goddamn sinking feeling in my stomach knowing that virtually every single enterprise and institution on the planet is coalescing to silence all dissent is giving me ulcers. I haven't felt this much dread in my life so i'm hoping for a silver lining or something to take the edge off.

you'll need software that can cache, globally load balance whilst hiding the server IP. Cloudflare?

sound like you're qualified friendo.

we need to do something. what if pol gets deleted?

>we need to do something
we for ones don't need to act like clueless headless ducks

>what if pol gets deleted?
then Sup Forums break its containment and floods the whole web
much more horrible to (((them))) than leaving us be
their call...

>This. We need to start working to setting up our own infastructure
Why wasn't this done long ago? We need to ask ourselves: why did we get comfortable letting the left run everything? Are we fat and lazy as they say? Complacent? Or just too trusting and nice?

We need to confront this issue in ourselves, so it doesn't prove to be a vulnerability in the future. They've shown us that this is war, so we cannot be vulnerable to them again.

We'd better get this through our fucking heads this time.

the media blitz is there to try and present the mirage of a public outrage

most people don't care that some dipshit protester got killed

most americans are too preoccupied with uncle don's stage 4 cancer diagnosis or how they're going to pay for groceries this week

they just want to paint a picture of outrage so no one asks questions when questionable shit starts happening

these CEOs that you are hoping will have some sort of moment of reflection and regret are either in on it or they have a gun to their heads

And you think there wouldnt be another reason to shut down free speech anyway?

They dont need an excuse, its been happening long before any stupid rally.

Your a fucking moron

Does GoDaddy host sites? I thought it was just domain registration?

They do both.

you are right i need to calm down
i was just worried thats all

if Sup Forums isn't affected I'm alright
then again, I don't know who hosts Sup Forums or if it's self hosted

hosted in japan i think

yes, but I thought it was for small businesses and blogs.

You mean the inevitable crackdown on free speech by communists and facists wasn't just in my 1984 dystopian wank fantasies because some people want to control all of humanity? Wow, that really activates my almonds!

victim blaming

Wrong. The US gave up ICANN to the UN. Ted Cruz tried to stop it but he failed.

>a private enterprise should be forced to host my vitriol
stormweenies actually think this

>End of Internet Free Speech

ZOMG A WEBSITE GETS TAKEN DOWN THE END OF THE UNIVERSE

to be honest, if I wasn't so fresh out of college and starting a masters, I would start a hosting biz that would focus on sites that are being threatened to be dropped or would be dropped by other (((organizations))). When 1984 hits and everyone is being dropped, it'll become a hit.

Still has Cloudflare DDoS protection though I think

Hosting isn't the problem dumb ass. A billion people are willing to host the websites.

when the shit hits the fan, you'd either play ball, be "acquired", or you'd be the one who became a hit

In the future all the best websites will be 123.45.67.89 addresses

Then why is this an issue. Just move to a new provider. GoDaddy is a private company it can do whatever the fuck it wants, it's their right to drop sites if they don't want them associated with the brand. I'm saying market a biz that won't ever drop you for content and eventually it will get popular.

Freeweb.exe > search for favorite website > click it > freeweb.exe automatically inserts the IP into chrome

Go find @weev on GAB

>i'm going to start a business
>btw i am getting a masters teehee
>btw I don't understand the basic problem
>btw I don't know how websites work
What's your degree in? History?

I have a degree in IT and you're a retard. I'm not getting into this. You said it yourself, a billion people are willing to host it. So fucking move it. What else is there to say. Web servers, HTTP, DNS, etc, is not rocket science.

>won't ever drop you for content and eventually it will get popular.
what about people posting illegal stuff like CP?
And besides that, TOR was supposed to be that, and look what they've done

Wrong. It doesn't matter. Even though ICANN is now a foreign entity it still fulfills a regulatory function on behalf of the NTIA/Dept. of Commerce. The Department of Commerce cannot contract a private entity to offer a public service if the private entity selectively censors the speech of Americans or speech in the United States through that service. Any organization licensed by ICANN to offer a service per US regulation also must follow the same Constitutional restrictions, so domain registrars are bound too.

If ICANN and the domain registrars refuse to honor the First Amendment for American citizens or websites in the United States, the NTIA is obligated to provide the service of internet domain and number indexing and registration in another manner that does not censor speech based on content apart from the narrow exceptions.

Protect your rights burgers!

Yeah illegal shit on the level of CP would obviously be a no no.

>implying GD is the only hosting corporation out there
>implying people can't host their own websites
>implying you can't have a website without ICANN
>implying alt-roots don't exist
>implying you can't have a decentralized website
>implying implications

We need the Internet Free Speech Act passed.

>has CP, rape, gore, the possibility to hire assasins on his platform
>the daily stormer is too far

you already have one mr.hoover

aaaand you're already compromising your alleged ideals
make one little compromise, give them one little step, and next thing you know you're just another NSA honeypot
not saying you *should* protect those things, but you are at the mercy of those that decide what is and isn't illegal, what if one day you wake up to find imageboards are illegal?
What if you wake up to find the government is trying to make memes illegal, like what Spain tried 2 years back?

>I have a degree in IT
Ah, so you got some poo in loo 2-year degree from a diploma farm. Lmao. Are you getting your masters in "IT" as well?

>you shoulnd't do something or someone might do something unreasonable!
where does this mentality come from

Like half of pol supported it, read as americans vs europeans. Evryone that wanted it gone was an american, and evryone that said have it open was a european. Why are always americans so brain dead, easy influenced and most of all ignorant about the topic they talk about. If you don't know just lurk like evry european does, but fat americans always needs to have an opinion.

I bet he doesn't even know what HTTP or DNS stand for, just that the acronyms is commonly associated with "leet hacker stuffs"

I think they were simply waiting for a shit like that to happen to use it as an excuse.

Slippery slope fallacy

How could I being getting a masters degree if I only have an associates.

perhaps because we've got a government that is well known for being tyrannical that we know full well what would happen if they were put in charge of regulating it?
Don't be naive here. they'll stab you in the back the moment they can get away with it, the internet should be decentralized, not regulated to keep what a government determines to be "free"

Anyone using GoDaddy is a complete moron. They have been known for hijacking their customer's domain names and squatting tens of millions of domains reselling them for vastly higher amounts of money.

>slippery slope doesn't exist
>liberals don't exist
we're living in slippery times m8, anything can and will happen, don't be so quick to doubt what's going on all around you.

No.
I have an IT degree and a CCNP
Infrastructure and service providers are a whole different ballgame from the mainstream CCNA/CCNP track

DNS was a mistake

REMINDER

The DOJ has 1.3 million antifa IP addresses and is investigating them. Stay strong friends.

Then nn was to keep wasen't it? It made sure fair use was in center and key. It made sure the government and internet providers coulden't tamper and play favourites, a truly open and free space.

Gee, wondering what I'm implying? You'll figure it out soon I hope! Don't use that big brain too hard. You need to save it for your "masters "degree""!

What's stopping a website remotely hosting a free-speech imageboard/chatroom and legally distancing itself from sed board/room?

Is there no legal way to ensure MAXIMAL free speech without somehow implicating the owners of the site for "hosting this shit"
will anons posting CP always break down the walls of eden?

The ICANN apparently blocked TDS from using their own domain name.

I guess people can just start an alternative ICANN !

>HTTP
>DNS
>leet hacker stuff

So I'm assuming you've set up BIND name servers and web servers and understand how this stuff works, right?

>blaming the victim

Communists are not people.

first they did it for boxxy

Literally nobody cares. Random white people die everyday from being hit by a car on a public street. 6 white people just died of gun robery in my state in the past 2 days. This is a pack of kikes, circlejerking amongst themselves trying to make it seem like people care so they have to censor the internet. Then they'll do it, even tho no one asked them too or even payed attention to their song and dance because they have the money. They might as well just cut out the fake parade portion anymore.

allegedly, yes, but how do you think they're going to keep it that way?
You think the government has your best interests at heart. and not the survival of itself?

What are alt-roots?

>giving money to (((Cisco))) for their good goy certs

If you guys have degrees, you shouldn't need to be going after Cisco certs unless you work for Cisco or you work for an organization that needs to keep that needs to keep a certain number of them around. Don't fall for the cert jew.

>doesn't understand net neutrality
>brings it up anyway
Burgers strike again.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNLESS IT HAS TO DO WITH GAYS AND OTHER MINORITIES.

you guys are honestly surprised that go daddy is shit they colluded with the makers of sopa. and drag their feet whenever some one wants to change domain registrar. they are shit plain and simple.

>bind
I prefer mydns

So I can say "gas all the minorities and all the gays"?

>something protectes freedom
>beter destroy it so the government don't misuse it

Better tear up that constitution, who know what the government can do with that right?

Are you literally brain dead?

Yes, since it's based on a fictional event.