Swedish archeologist proves Islam has always been part of Sweden

A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Vikings were in direct multicultural contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

The ring, which is decorated with glass and not amethyst as previously assumed, has an inscription that reads ”to Allah” or “for Allah” in Arabic, writes ScienceNews.

According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that Viking women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

According to Jeanette Varberg, director of Moesgaard Museum in Denmark, it’s a very exciting discovery. However, she says she’s not surprised that there were multicultural connections between ancient Scandinavia and the Middle East.

I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things, said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden

sciencenordic.com/ancient-ring-brings-vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Crusade
historiska.se/upptack-historien/foremal/allah-ringen/
archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/199906/among.the.norse.tribes-the.remarkable.account.of.ibn.fadlan.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vikings were Turks

Doesn't really prove anything. The Volgo-Vikings used to raid Arabia all the time, if I recall correctly, that's actually why Arabs have beards - they attributed the combat prowess of the raiders to their facial hair.

>I recall correctly,

you dont

> said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden
once a cuck, always a cuck.

>sweden has no culture and the vikings were pillagers and rapists
>swedish has a muslim culture and the vikings were muslims

>A glass ring found in a Viking grave
Weren't they chunking all of this shit into shredders and recycling bins anyway? Funny how the "Allah" ring hasn't hit the bin yet, isn't it?

>This thread again

I swear I fucking read Vikniga on the last one's shirt.

>The Volgo-Vikings used to raid Arabia all the time,
buahahahahaha
snow nigger historical integrity
>that's actually why Arabs have beards - they attributed the combat prowess of the raiders to their facial hair.
aaxaxaxaxaxaxa

Semetic religions have been into beards for an urban minute.

Only one flaw, islam has only existed for 1300 years

so its impossible that the first crusade which europe won had allowed for goods like oh idk a ring to be taken from the middle east to europe and from there ended up in some churches coffer which was then plundered by vikings and taken to the scandinavian peninsula

i get that if your typically thinking of vikings there is a small window of time but thats just the popularized bullshit within a couple hundred years. they dont vanish until later. even converting them didnt end pillaging

Ring av den Svenska Nu Manen
LORE ITEM
LEGENDARY
Equip: +15 atk vs. Caucasians
Equip: Members of the opposite faction have their reputation increased to 'accepting'
Equip: -10 STR -10 WIS -10 AGI -10 INT -10 LCK
Equip: Increases your Tolerance by 50.
Equip: Increases your Diversity by up to 100.
On use: Changes the user's sex to anything desired (12 hr. cooldown).
"For Allah"

>why Arabs have beards - they attributed the combat prowess of the raiders to their facial hair.

Wow, really? This is what British education is nowadays?

Too bad they are currently getting rid of their own past so this is actually irrelevant
Also one ring doesnt proof islam was part of sweden but merely that there was a connection established between seeden and the muslim world. Likely some trades

>We found this one ring that could have been looted, traded, gifted etc before ending up in some thot's pit.

HOLY SHIT SWEDEN IS ISLAMIC! SWEDE WOMEN CONFIRMED FOR RIDING THE MUD COCK FOR MILLENNIA.

actually that would explain a lot.

Ibn-Fadlan literally recounts how Arabian generals at the time started encouraging their men to grow longer beards because of this.

Muhammed(pbuh) was Nordic, that's why he didn't want to be painted and couldn't write in Arabic

>at-Tabarânî from Abû at-Tufayl; ‘I have not forgotten the extreme whiteness of his face
know your history

source
link
which page
arabs (and most humans till recently) grew beards, because t's fucking natural, only Egyptians are know to have shaved as a prevention to lice

>Vikings used to raid Arabia
Ahahahahaha

>finds one ring most likely from trade
literally muslim country

LOOK AT ME

We NORDIC now

Arabia is not even drawn on that map.

>that's actually why Arabs have beards - they attributed the combat prowess of the raiders to their facial hair

Arabia was the Abbasid empire

Europe has gone mad altogether.

Spain had some sense in the past. In the time of El Cid they drove the moors out.

Now Spain has moors running people over and other nastiness because they let the fuckers back in.

Moors - Mohammedans - Muslims - sand niggers - towel heads, whatever you want to call them, they are the enemy of civilisation in Europe and they need to be driven out.

>oz education

Next year they'll write that Vikings horns was created for praising Allah, and for comfortable hijab wearing.

Wow funny that the last archaeological story to come out of sweden was that they were scrap metalling all those other viking rings and jewelry because it was taking up space

Funny how that works that wiping out the old narrative/relics leaves fertile ground for a new narrative

>>I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things, said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden

jesus christ what a dumb bitch

>The Roman Empire was never raided until Barbarians got to Rome

salaima leikums welcome to the masterrace

He proved that the vikings pillaged some mudslimes.

Arabia = Arabian Peninsula, not whatever the extent of an arbitrary empire that it happened to be part of was.

You are all idiots. As Poland fought both the Vikings and the Arabs, defeating both successfully everytime, trading happened. After the Polish slaughtered some Arabs and take their loot, the Poles would then travel to Scandinavian countries to raid and trade. This is why you see rings in Sweden saying For Allah. Learn some history amerifats

It's been known for a while that the Rus that went down east came in contact with Arabs and traded with them just like they did the slavs.
>kekistani intelligence

Also doesn't prove anything about islam being part of scandinavia. By that logic we're all Bhuddists because the silk road existed.

Romans called everyone who wasn't Roman a Barbarian so technically thats true.

Here some Swedish Arabic heritage for you
> by this point it wouldn't even surprise me

>leafception

You always and forever will be roaches

>vikings rape and pillage some med muslims during the viking age
>some libtard antiwhite faggot digs up the plunder
>"Vikings were muslims!!!!" ~ libtard antiwhite faggot

Again? At least get some fresh spam this one is stale as phuck
>>in the options field

Swedes were in Baghdad though.

"in direct multicultural contact"

"been part of Sweden"

Mona Sahlin is a joke and part of the "let's lose all our security information including the drivers licenses of every person in the country, the names of fighter pilots and the location of all our equipment" party. I'm glad SD is about to fuck them over in 2018.

As raiders? Source?

Still not in Arabia but I'm curious.

This is in the top 10 most reposted threads on Sup Forums.

the eternal cuck

I was only in that one other bread about this

The "Vikings" as you English-speakers call them were going on their own crusades in the holy land.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Crusade

Das Riiiiite

>mona sahlin

>Muslims were the Vikings of the Middle East and Mediterranean
>Vikings were the vikings of North Western Europe

>they occasionally clashed with one another
>they took spoils back home from some of those battles

Anything else?

That's like saying China has always been part of Alabama, thanks to Wal-Mart.

>killing and robbing Muslims is a "multicultural exchange"

WTF? I love multiculturalism now.

>be swedish varangian
>raid the caspian sea
>find a cool looking ring
>dont know what is written on it
>keep it and bring it to sweden
>1000 years later the social democrats claim you were a muslim

OLD STORY EDITED WITH A RACE MIXING AGENDA.

Also debunked because Vikings served Byzantine Emperors as bodyguards a.k.a Varangian Guard. They were rewarded with war loot for service.

It would have meant nothing to a Viking. Just a pretty ring to give to their wife back home in the north.

kek. If he knew they were going to use it to cuck his culture he would have probably traded it for a cask of ale.

These traitors will burn. It was a well- established fact that the Vikings traded with the Muslim world, but there is absolutely no evidence that they converted to Islam, let alone traded their WOMEN for jewelry. Now, these treasonous lowlives have the nerve to tell us that this is a new discovery while using it to push their sick agenda. If I was a Swede, I would've gone on a rampage against these shameless traitors years ago.

>Kebabs trade with vikings
>Vikings be dumb barbarians and sell whites to kebabs for shinny beads
>Those shiny beads have muslim markings because they were made in kebab land
>Vikings be muslims now

>Cultural Marxists destroys white history
>Literally helping the genocide agenda which includes such things
>Changing and revising history to their delusional freakish content

>Muslims accurately write down encounters with Europeans
>Muslim explorer/preacher describes the Rus people which are classified today as "Northern Germanic".
>Never changes description because they believe in accuracy and preserving cultural knowledge even the bad stuff like the human sacrifice ship burial.

>I have seen the Rus as they came on their merchant journeys and encamped by the Itil. I have never seen more perfect physical specimens, tall as date palms, blond and ruddy; they wear neither tunics nor kaftans, but the men wear a garment which covers one side of the body and leaves a hand free. Each man has an axe, a sword, and a knife, and keeps each by him at all times. Each woman wears on either breast a box of iron, silver, copper, or gold; the value of the box indicates the wealth of the husband. Each box has a ring from which depends a personal knife. The women wear neck-rings of gold and silver. Their most prized ornaments are green glass beads. They string them as necklaces for their women.
Ibn Fadlan, on the Rus merchants at Itil, 922AD.

The Cultural Marxists would revise this with glee.
I can't handle this shit anymore. The fake news the past few days has really highlighted the sickness that is the agenda.

Its a fucking trinket, by this logic every allied soldier who stole an iron cross from a dead was a nazi too.

She's absolutely disgusting.

>Each woman wears on either breast a box of iron, silver, copper, or gold; the value of the box indicates the wealth of the husband.

Someone needs to make a female wojak with a tiny empty box and a crying make viking wojak in the back crying with other smug male and female wojaks.

Just saying...

>I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together.

Really? Nobody thinks Vikings are badass anywhere? What a cunt. Vikings/Swedes are literally the genetic identity of almost all of western Europe. Everyone that is white and traces their ancestry to western Europe has likely been cucked by a Viking in the past.

>Be an ancient maritime trader.
>Go to that land filled with ugly heathen niggers.
>Damn they make good jewelry.
>Buy wife nice ring as a present.
>Ancestors think that we followed shitskin religion.
only academics can be this stupid.

>Found some shit in Viking grave about Islam
>MUH MULTICULTIRALISM IN VIKING ERA. UNDENIABLE PROOF. PRAISE ALLAH.

Just shows how delusional these people are, projecting 100% false meanings into discoveries. Those are just raid loot. Nothing else.

>trading their women for glass beads
vikings were more retarded than niggers

>what are war and expedition spoils

Waiyyt, sow yoo ahhr sayingkuh tvhat vaikangz plundered and thieved and ploughed gävle
Sow edjukayshunul

>trading their women for glass beads
>vikings were more retarded than niggers

In all fairness I would trade some of our fish mouthed SJW feminists for a day old croissanwich

>believing this bullshit.

Good goy.

>>trading their women
This is not in the original article

Oh perhaps they should smash it like they did with all the other viking artifacts

>At the museum there are thousands of beads, weights, weights and silver coins as well as beautiful glass beads and fragments of jungle stories that tell about contacts and about an important mutual influence between the early Islamic world and Viking-Eastern Scandinavia through the trade routes. According to contemporary Arab sources, northern Europeans must have traveled all the way to Baghdad in their trade journeys and often to the Caspian Sea area.

historiska.se/upptack-historien/foremal/allah-ringen/

They traded the people they plundered.
Note to all: The ring comes with pic related.

>be vikings
>we don't eat pigs, it is haram

>Jungle stories
silks*

Nice one translate

>Buying slaves with beads
It is okay when the muslims do it

Yeah as traders
archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/199906/among.the.norse.tribes-the.remarkable.account.of.ibn.fadlan.htm
>Some Norsemen traveled overland and by river, while others sailed over both the Black and Caspian Seas, joined caravans and rode camelback as far as Baghdad, which was then under Abbasid rule and populated by nearly a million souls. There, the Scandinavian traders found an emporium beyond their wildest dreams, for their fjord-rimmed homelands had only recently seen the emergence of a few rudimentary towns.

pretend!

Go away with this shit. reposting is for faggots

It doesn't mean they fucking lived there. Just that, like every other ancient civilization, they traded goods with other cultures.