Do modern day soldiers still believe that they're fighting for

Do modern day soldiers still believe that they're fighting for
>muh freedums
>Muh country
?

I wouldn't say most of them would but a good percentage probably do, and they're not fighting. Basically they're ingesting powerpoints and doing dumb shit on the government's dime. Who cares, let the practical weekend warriors shoot some stuff and sort some equipment.

It's a good trade-off for being kept in the holster until shit hits the fan. Standing militaries are important to have, especially for modern day empires.

Maybe, a lot still do, which is understandable since the military doesn't exactly recruit or receive the best and brightest.

I don't know if I recommend that we keep our military intact and full, or not, I don't know either way, but I'm asking about the mind of the solider when he joins the military in the modern age. Why join? What motivates him?

Shit, meant to respond to OP , not

No. It's mainly for muh fun job and muh adventure. I got out in 2013 and did a tour in iraq and afganistan. Everyone knew we were fighting for oil and shit. Most just want to kill mudshits or do something more than be a wage cuck in a factory back home.

>Why join? What motivates him?
Money. Didn't think I had to come out and say it. Take a look at where a lot of the military recruitment centers are located, shitty urban high schools and strip malls. Poor people are more likely to join the military, not stupid people.

Was gonna join the army but had back problems that kept me out, really was only gonna do it because i need a job and i dont want to sit at an office an shit all day

Modern day Marines fight for Rip-its and Cope.

>and sometimes crayons

>i dont want to sit at an office an shit all day
That's pretty much what you'd be doing considering the state of the Canadian military along with the fact that we haven't been recruiting combat positions for the reg forces for years now IIRC

You're not missing out on much.

My old sarge said that nowadays it isn't about dying for your country but instead make the enemy die for theirs.

>joined the army and was hyped as fuck
>did really well during recruitment process since I was so motivated
>get in and realize after the firts week how unserious and pointless it all seems
>literally high school with guns
>everyone is just joking and fucking around
>get to go home after 4 weeks

Military service out of wartime is a joke which is kinda why I want WW3

You faggots had 16 years to serve in multiple wars, don't act like you're gonna nut up now

Modern day soldiers are fighting for a paycheck.
Literally nothing else.

They were too stupid to be qualified for anything other than working out and following orders to shoot ragheads because low IQ people are generally racist and that kinda thing appeals to them.
>"I get 2 werk out an shot niggers? WERE DO I SINE UP?!".

>ng
Shut the fuck up, your military is a JOKE. You were BEGGING my 2nd MEB to replace you in 2009

A soldiers reason for fighting are his own.

In Germany, there currently is a Story ongoing about KSK ( German Special Forces ) Members doing pretty based shit like Roman salutes and play games who can throw Pig Heads the furthest at a Party organized for a company Leader.

So there is still hope for the Germany MIlitary.

Not like you faggots ever won a war, your military was even more pussy than the Canadians in Afghanistan senpai

Well that depends if you can provide any reason to not believe that we arnt.
>0311 USMC

I don't give a flying fuck about any military, including England's.
Trust an American to get touchy about such a subject...

0311 with 2nd LAR 07-11, yut

The modern day soldier is believes that the constitution is worth defending. Do not fuck with it unless you have a death wish. There are millions like me.
T. Carpentanon

considering its an all volunteer force you can't deny that the military is a more moral entity nowadays than before

It's not our/their fault.

We're talking about 18 year old kids, freshly conditioned from (((state textbooks))) on recent world history.

Not to mention (((Hollywood))).

We just want to be the good guy and fight the bad guy. We are typically made agnostic by the age of 18, and if not, are members of (((Churches))) who say Practitioners of Judaism are God's chosen.

We all just wanna be a good guy and a hero.

6 years after I ended my time in the Marines did I rip away my ignorant, self-proclaimed title of "Zionist".

Sadly, yes. I think most join for the money and benefits, but there are some that are genuinely and naively patriotic and believe that we are a 'force for good' in the world. Being an combat arms is a sucker's job. At least join to learn something useful and not be cannon fodder is some rich group's proxy war.

Jokes on you, I just joined for the violence. You sound like a POG
>Cpl, 0311

They are still prepared to when the need arises.

Gotta be in it to win it

The only military that locates, closes with, and destroys the enemy through close fire/ maneuver is the US military DESU

rah