Statue of first Catholic Supreme Court justice removed because he wrote Dred Scott decision

>A statue of Roger B. Taney, the first Catholic to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, was removed from the Maryland Statehouse, after objections were made to honoring the author of the Dred Scott decision, which upheld slavery. The removal came after the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend, with clashes between white nationalists and counter-protesters which left one person dead.

>Sprinklers suddenly activated at 1:47 am with no apparent reason, thus getting everyone wet.

cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/08/18/statue-first-catholic-supreme-court-justice-removed-wrote-dred-scott-decision/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2mX3ksxqp7M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korematsu_v._United_States#Felix_Frankfurter.27s_concurrence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You will be scrubbed from history.

WE WIN

"You can take my statue down, but 2 more will take my place"

-Roger Taney

>this happened after the Joan of Arc monument incident and Confederate statue removal by protestors.

Tell me ameritards, are statues now illegal in your country?

>removing statues in the dead of night like a thief
the marxist march continues

It was only a few months ago when they were trying to get Jackson off the $20

youtube.com/watch?v=2mX3ksxqp7M

Good. Every statue removed, every man fired from his job or banned from his school because he held rather moderate, even cucky opinions, generates another soldier in the army of the righteous.

Affirm and Amplify.

>Funny thing is, Taney is a Maryland native, also note that Taney was personally against slavery – calling it “a blot on our national character” – and had freed his own slaves early in his life. Taney also was pro-Unionist, and continued to serve on the Supreme Court during the Civil War.

>"You can take my statue down, but 2 more will take my place"

You trickster you! I googled that to see if it was real... Turns out, doesn't real.

Nevermind that the Dred Scott Decision galvanized the Abolitionist Movement.

Nevermind that Taney was doing his job and interpreting the Constitution as it was in 1857.

Nevermind that he called out Lincoln for his violation of the Bill of Rights in the prosecution of the Civil War early on.

what the fuck?

are they removing all the statues?

how many fucking statues have they removed now??

>Joan of Arc
this one absolutely blows my mind but I guess I'm also not surprised because niggers are utter scum of the earth

How far are they going to go with this? Are they going to get to the point where they plant c4s in the lincoln memorial and CNN says it was progressive and at the same time blame some nazis must have done it?

if anyone should have a statue removed, then its dude. the taney courts were fucking insane

Two more Dred Scott decisions!

Anyone who is still going with Nazis being bad is a useful idiot tho.

I concur.

>The removal came after the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend, with clashes between white nationalists and counter-protesters which left one person dead.

I love the caveat the left uses every time the left destroys culture and history.

communist revolution is their goal.

They won't get it because they're owned by globalists.

You niggers realize your only making people hate you even more right?

meme this kike losing all of his monuments

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korematsu_v._United_States#Felix_Frankfurter.27s_concurrence

FDR did not desegregate the schools, even though he could have. Let's tear down his ramp monument.

Sure seems that way. Damn

The reaction to alt-right reaction to people taking down statues of pro-slavers is to just take down every statue about slavery.

Jews are trying to bait America into civil war.

What did you say, goy? Stop with this conspiracy theory nonsense.