How do I, a fellow white man rise up in the job market?

How do I, a fellow white man rise up in the job market?

I'm 25, was a fuckup in highschool, never went to college, pretty much barely scraping by all this time with low paying jobs, I am currently unemployed because my last job was so shit, low pay, work and people sucked, and my spic manager had a superiority complex

Should I try to be a construction laborer? I don't mind working hard but I want to make a solid 2k a month minimum. Prefferably something that doesn't take a lot of schooling and time.

Help your fellow white man rise up Sup Forums, I'm not a complete idiot just born into a family that was full of drama and poverty, so when I was younger I never knew the importance of setting up a successful career

Thanks for any advice or tips

Work in HVAC bro, my friend already has a work truck and he's only 18

I don't have much in the way of savings, but I wouldn't be opposed to starting a business as well...I have a small pickup truck, I would consider business ideas as long as it has a low startup cost

Thanks I'll look into it, apprenticeship or did he go to trade school?

save up a couple grand and go to government surplus sales and auctions and buy shit and then resell it on ebay. that's what my parents do, they generally make around 40k-100k a year

He went to a tech school for highschool.

Also quality taste in country music

Thanks I'll defiantly look into once I have more saved

Oldies are the best, reminds me of when the world was a more simple place

Fasa for school $. It will cover tuition. You'll have to keep a job to cover basic needs. Trade school will double your earnings and get you back to work quickly.
You can learn OTJ if you can find apprenticeship programs. Most union shops will have them, but make sure the union work in your area is strong, or expect to move.
Good luck. Wrong board.

Become a police officer or security guard

>posting Queer Hank Jr. instead of Hank Sr. or Hank III
NECK YOURSELF FAGGOT

I was pretty similar user, I started college at 24 after being a fuckup.

I'd seriously encourage you to just invest the time in a real education that will save your body over your lifetime.

Don't fall for the STEM meme UNLESS it's computer sci.

I know nothing about you but I'm going to suggest business for a couple of reasons.

1) Lots of concentrations to choose from, but you should choose finance because it's lucrative.

2) It's easy as fuck. Most business schools don't have classes on Friday, and the work load is light.

In addition, no matter what you'd choose, you'll grow as a person and you'll have way more opportunities as you go through life.

Also,

It's embarrassing but I dropped out in like 10th grade and never took the SAT.

Somehow, I got into a legit great top 20 school.

Admissions like people with non-traditional backgrounds/stories. You'll get financial aid, so don't say you don't have the money. You'll have the money.

Solid advice. I have two friends that became heavy duty mechanics in the oil sands. They only lasted 5 years before their knees and back started to give out.

Imagine being 25 and having fucked up knees for the rest of your life. No thanks.

Same, most of my friends went to the oil fields, got into construction, or became electricians. They are all fucked up and under 30. They are all also mostly prescribed pain pills because of various chronic pain/injuries from labor.

You're still young user, do you want to be 40 with a body that works and the chance to wear a suit and tie, or 40 with bad knees in a young man's profession?

Seriously not denigrating people with labor jobs, it's admirable as fuck, but there are much easier ways to get through life and you still have the chance to get on that path.

>Don't fall for the STEM meme
This. I wasted years of my life as a lab tech making $12.50 an hour.

Me too, that's why I'm steering this user to business.

I noped out after a year lol.

It depends on what your actual aptitude is. If you are intelligent and can handle college, then start small and make it your goal to get an AAS in something in the healthcare field. Don't be scared -- if you're a good person in RL and not a fucking sociopath like most people here, even blue collar dudes can make good heath care workers. If you're into sports, work out and then become a sports physical therapy assistant or something. Or business, like the first poster suggested.

If you're not book smart, but clever, then maybe consider trade school just to get a leg up in a skilled trade -- if you have kinesthetic/spatial aptitude.

If you're neither smart nor handy -- I don't know what to tell you. Move and try to work in an Amazon warehouse. If you work hard and are mature, you can be promoted and make a decent living.

That's actually a great point, healthcare related AAS.

I knew a guy that went through some kind of 2-year x-ray program and came out making $45/hour.

That blows away 99% bachelor's degrees fresh out and even mid-career.

It's also infuriating, but it is what it is.

Nice. I got out of being a lab tech by getting an ESL certificate and teaching in Thailand for a few years. Having sex with hundreds of different women does wonders for your self confidence. I'm studying for the MCAT at my parents' house now. I'll wish us late starters luck.

Nice! Good luck man, study hard.

Went to one semester of college and hated it so I dropped out. Aquire my CCNA and now work for IBM making 82k. Go learn a trade or technical skill, but above all ask The Lord for help.

go to college dipshit

You deserve to be nothing. You said it yourself, you didn't try in school.

NEXT RIGHT WING RALLY HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

FLORIDA HERE WE COME

thread here

Join the military, then use GI Bill to go to trade school or non worthless degree

>here is why everything is somebody else's fault

Cut that shit out, it might feel good but it never helps anybody.

Pick a trade, and start in on it, and eventually try to control your own revenue flow rather then taking wage/subs.

I'd suggest driving a truck, city, so you have less rules to worry about (sounds counter-intuitive but it's true, especially in the USA) or welding.

I don't know why so many people say construction fucks your body over time. I'm going to school for CT and there's several contractor teachers well into their 60's and 70's whose bodies are just fine. If you have steady hands and an eye for detail, look into finish carpentry. It's lighter work but pays higher than your typical masonry or framing job.

It CAN, it can very easily fuck you over. I know people who are gnarled up hunchbacks now.

If you do things right and do not push in ridiculous manners, construction can be a great career that will actually keep you healthy.

But in the real world, shitty foremen and managers can and do cut corners and push people beyond many kinds of safety thresholds.

And accidents do happen. Something as simple as a misstep while carrying something relatively heavy can irrevocably fuck up your back for life.

I'm not saying to stay away from construction, but people need to be aware of their surroundings and workload at all times. it can be extremely hazardous, and needs to be approached seriously and clearly because the world is full of people who will only ever be concerned with the extent who which they can be held liable, and beyond that they are a black hole of indifference and will use up a young earnest worker without a thought.