WHITE SUPREMACY AND ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY: A DANGEROUS CONNECTION REARS ITS HEAD

Oh, my

>While the Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates may be relatively few in number, there is increasing evidence that Orthodoxy has become an integral part of the ideological and recruitment apparatus within some segments of the white supremacist movement. Importantly, these ideas and the converts to them are being tolerated, and frequently exploited, by much more powerful voices. This growing attachment to Eastern Orthodox Christianity among a segment of white nationalists has serious implications for more mainstream currents in contemporary Orthodox life.

>Yet among the traditionalists, one finds a whole host of other, far more rare, beliefs—many of which find more than a passing precedent in more conservative, but still decidedly mainstream, strains of Eastern Christian thought. There are, for example, monarchists, calling for a
restoration of Imperial Russia or even a new Byzantine Empire.

>So how do teenagers in Appalachia end up advocating for a re-imaged medieval Eastern Christian empire? And why have these people been allowed to remain in ordinary Orthodox parishes around the country?

>The best answer I can posit: anti-Semitism and homophobia. These are the shared beliefs that allow extremists to lurk in plain sight, co-opting whole parishes to their mission. This is, of course, not to say that all Orthodox Christians are anti-Semitic and/or homophobic. The vast majority are not. But the simple fact is that the institutional Church has been casual in challenging the most egregious public statements made by some of its more visible adherents, clergy and laity alike.

religiondispatches.org/white-supremacy-and-orthodox-christianity-a-dangerous-connection-rears-its-head-in-charlottesville/

Other urls found in this thread:

radioaryan.com/2017/08/the-daily-traditionalist-dr-johnson-on.html
baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-non-greek-greek-orthodox-priest-20170624-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is an Orthodox priest that attended Charlottesville on the side of the right wing. He got maced twice and blinded for a few days.

radioaryan.com/2017/08/the-daily-traditionalist-dr-johnson-on.html

jews are ugly devils. niggers are subhuman. we just want a life without them. i rest my case, faggot.

Too bad Orthodox Christianity is irrelevant in America.

>Conversions gradually transforming Orthodox Christianity

>More than 70 percent of the roughly 75,000 Antiochian Orthodox Christians in the United States are converts. The Orthodox Church in America, with roots in Moscow and about 85,000 adherents, reports a 50 percent figure. In Greek Orthodox Christianity, by far the largest branch in the United States with almost 480,000 members, it's about 25 percent.
>"We have these ethnic titles in our names, but they refer to where our hierarchies reside," Gilbert says. "None of these [jurisdictions] believes the church is for Greeks or Russians or Serbs. It's a church for humans."

>The strength of Orthodox Christianity— also known as Eastern Christianity, Eastern Orthodoxy or Greek Orthodoxy — stems from the conviction that its traditions are the same as those practiced by Jesus' original followers, the 12 apostles, and the theologians who codified those practices in their writings over the first few centuries after his death.

baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-non-greek-greek-orthodox-priest-20170624-story.html

Jews like you are evil.

>75,000
>85,000
>480,000
Kek there are over 3 million Muslims in the US.

For all the papists faults, they have some shit that you fuckers lack. I swear some of the Orthodox mysticism runs near unto heresy. I love what I know about the Orthodox faith, but some of the mystics seem to take certain doctrines too far.

She seems like an mkultra beta model sex spy and assassin. I would not fuck with her. Look at those dead eyes.

But a much smaller percentage is converts. Orthodoxy is growing exponentially in the U.S. despite conversion taking one to five yars

> some of the mystics seem to take certain doctrines too far

Like who?

>growing exponentially

Except conversion takes years. Most fast growing religions are easy to join. So they can be joined at whim without serious commitment, so converts often get bored and leave. Orthodoxy requires serious demands for years prior to joining. I had to be practicing catechumen for two years before I could be baptized

That's not helping your case, man.

Dont know who, but somnambulistic and repetitious prayer to attain theosis, and the whole veering away from the fall of Adam and original sin seem like they are fucking heterodox. Also I am pretty sure many Othrodox believers believe that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. Maybe I am wrong.

Nothing wrong with catechesis, but I am pretty sure the good news does not take two years to learn. In fact I am pretty sure folks have been saved by Christ the Redeemer after hearing his Good News.

We believe that after God became a body, worship of God should incorporate the body. That includes prostration, breathing, and so on. But contrary to popular belief we don't focus on the the navel, but rather from the heart. The repetitive prayer part is a stepping stone to get it so God is always where your heart is, which is what Paul meant when he said to pray perpetually

You see, only prophets could experience theosis in the old testament, because that is done through the Holy Spirit. Which brings me to the next point: we believe the Spirit proceeds from the Son in the sense that we receive him through Christ. But not in the sense that the Son is the source of the Spirit's *existence*, which is what the Filioque in the Catholic Creed means

>swear some of the Orthodox mysticism runs near unto heresy

You realize that what you said isnincredibly retarded in light of zur fact that Catgolicism in itself is a heresy from a Dogmatik standpoint sind the original Church of 2000 years ago is Orthodoxy, whereas Catgolicism is (((((modernization)))) , thus brach of Christ's eternal truths manifestes in Dogmatic law ,thus shism , thus heresy?

so then the first guy could've just said "we had at least a thousand more people join last year than any other religion" and the second guy would have nothing to say. fucking retarded.

It varies, but generally only Jews or morally upstanding monotheists were quickly recieved. Pagans generally had to practice Christianity for years prior, for obvious reasons

>missing the point of a four panel comic-strip

mummy