twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off, fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=4xW0s6XFJyw

>Yankee aggressors
>Invade the homes of their supposed countrymen
>Rape and pillage their way to the Atlantic Ocean
>Force the Confederate states to live under military rule for decades
>Rule by fiat for generations after
>All to appease the negro and create the modern state that completely subverts the Constitution

Who is the traitor again?

It's spelt honour, you faggot.

Lee was a stand up American who stood by his state above all.
Hate on the confederacy all you want, hate the war, hate the ideas, sure. But recognize that Lee was a great man we could all take inspiration from. Don't buy into the sensationalism, actually take the time to learn about him.
t.descendant of people that fought for the Union

He was loyal to his state you retard. America was actually a union of states, once.

He was loyal to Virginia, not the Federal Government you absolute faggot.

Who is honoring him? This faggot was BTFO 150 years ago by a real man with a real army.

There are those that are still butthurt about it.

But so what?

Well it wouldn't be the first time America honoured a traitor

>brown eyes
>white

>Arlington, Washington City, P.O
20 Apr 1861

>Lt. Genl Winfield Scott
Commd U.S. Army

>Genl,
>Since my interview with you on the 18th Inst: I have felt that I ought not longer to retain any Commission in the Army. I therefore tender my resignation which I request you will recommend for acceptance. It would have been presented at once but for the struggle it has Cost me to separate myself from a Service to which I have devoted all the best years of my life, & all the ability I possessed. During the whole of that time, more than a quarter of a century, I have experienced nothing but kindness from my superiors & the most Cordial friendships from any Comrades. To no one Genl have I been as much indebted as to yourself for kindness & Consideration & it has always been my ardent desire to merit your approbation. I shall carry with me, to the grave the most grateful recollections of your kind Consideration, & your name & fame will always be dear to me. Save in the defense of my native state shall I ever again draw my sword. Be pleased to accept any more [illegible] wishes for “the Continuance of your happiness & prosperity & believe me

>Most truly yours
R E Lee

I'd follow him before I'll follow any of you faggors.

>traitor
Literally chose what he believed was right and honorable over what was in his best interests. How often does a general get to choose which army to command?

Why do others see the hipocracy in our country more clearly than we do ourselves?

Dwight Eisenhower:
Respecting your August 1 inquiry calling attention to my often expressed admiration for General Robert E. Lee, I would say, first, that we need to understand that at the time of the War Between the States the issue of Secession had remained unresolved for more than 70 years. Men of probity, character, public standing and unquestioned loyalty, both North and South, had disagreed over this issue as a matter of principle from the day our Constitution was adopted.
General Robert E. Lee was, in my estimation, one of the supremely gifted men produced by our Nation. He believed unswervingly in the Constitutional validity of his cause which until 1865 was still an arguable question in America; he was thoughtful yet demanding of his officers and men, forbearing with captured enemies but ingenious, unrelenting and personally courageous in battle, and never disheartened by a reverse or obstacle. Through all his many trials, he remained selfless almost to a fault and unfailing in his belief in God. Taken altogether, he was noble as a leader and as a man, and unsullied as I read the pages of our history.
From deep conviction I simply say this: a nation of men of Lee’s caliber would be unconquerable in spirit and soul. Indeed, to the degree that present-day American youth will strive to emulate his rare qualities, including his devotion to this land as revealed in his painstaking efforts to help heal the nation’s wounds once the bitter struggle was over, we, in our own time of danger in a divided world, will be strengthened and our love of freedom sustained.
Such are the reasons that I proudly display the picture of this great American on my office wall."
And if that doesn't shed a little light on how a "loser" in a war that none of us will ever have to fight, thank God, can still be respected, I'm sure there are many other highly respected Generals and Colonels living today who can. Too bad Gen. Patton isn't here to explain.
>sage

We honor he founders. Traitors to the crown.

you aren't force fed the SADboy narrative out in the yabba m8
>states' rights just means slaveryracism broski stop being so mean and stuff

my illuminati tier friend (rich as fuck, super arrogant, smart, claims to be in the know etc) once told me america lost the civil war. I thought he was being a dumbass but years later after i learned more i realized it was true.

Take it down.
He was a filthy fucking democrat.

>America

You mean the Union lost? Go on...

The Founding Fathers were traitors, too.

This, I've been thinking about the founding of this country a lot lately.

He sued for peace he is legally absolved.

Agreed. The OP is confused between those that win and those that lose. We honor those that win. Only losers honor those that lose.

Washington was a traitor to the British

This

Hey betrayed the federal government to defend his home and heritage. Pretty based unlike his federal cannon fodder counterparts. Read some about him. One of the greater men minkind ever produced. The public sentiment after the war was that he was more liked than and Lincoln. By the way what sort of union must be held together by bayonets. We should rightly be two nations, hence our current collapse due to internal conflict and division.

Yeah, what was he supposed to be a traitor to Virginia of the federal government?
He chose to stand with the men of his home. That is not a traitor, that is a patriot.

Was Lee convicted of treason after the war?

If not, you have no right to call him a traitor.

Pro-Union people have rather peculiar and uncivilised notions of loyalty.

Big, central, powerful, central government is a traitor to the founding fathers, constitution, and country.

Had Lincoln allowed the south to split, slavery would have been phased out slowly over 30-40 years, and the country would have been reunited by 1900. Instead, Lincoln got almost a million Americans killed and burned the south to the ground.

Why do we worship Lincoln again? He's the American Ho Chi Minh.

I said central twice.

Daily reminder that if your family came to the United States of America instead of your State you are not actually American

OP BTFO

BTW, a master does not pledge allegiance to servant.

An idea that is unintelligible to the thinking of the beltway morons.

That's not a picture of Lincoln

A war of that scale should have told the "union" one thing: split or be hopelessly divided. We are reaping the benefits of their poor choice as we speak. The funny part is that they think they won. I mean they did technically but everyone lost when they decided to force two nations into one and then expected it to go smoothly.

founding fathers were traitors too, except they won

>go to war for nationalist reasons
>destroy your country's importing foreigners to win it
really makes you think

Lincoln waged a war on his own country. The constitution allowed the south to leave and Lincoln demanded like a child that we like him. Needless to say he was suicided with 2 shots to the back of the head

Im glad hes dead. I hear he died very slowly and in considerable

Pain

Because they were right

Same reason we havent given the Japanese heat for enshrining war criminals on par with Josef Mendele at Yasakuni Shrine.

Because the dead deserve respect as is sweetie.

Nevermind that Lee went through hell as is during his own lifetime. Remember Arlington Cemetery? That used to belong to Lee but became a cemetery as a way to rub it in his face. And the victors and those who fought STILL allowed statues and plaques to be placed afterwards. Because they had a shred of human decency unlike your pathetic ass sweetie.

>You will never be commanded by General Robert E. Lee.
Why live?

B/c he had massive nuts. The was offered command of the US military, gut turned it down to fight for his home state. He is a hero!

youtube.com/watch?v=aeGBpTFZhh4

I don't understand what your political notions on that particular issue have to do with the pragmatic reality that the nation became two nations and we forced them together. How could we expect such a fake "union" to have long term success?

Also the North's concern was mainting dominion over all states in their polotical union. Thats explicitly what they say so dont try to twist their motives. Here's a good quote from Lee to understand where he was coming from also:

excerpt from Lee's reply letter to Lord Acton, 1866

"I can only say that while I have considered the preservation of the constitutional power of the General Government to be the foundation of our peace and safety at home and abroad, I yet believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people, not only essential to the adjustment and balance of the general system, but the safeguard to the continuance of a free government. I consider it as the chief source of stability to our political system, whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it. I need not refer one so well acquainted as you are with American history, to the State papers of Washington and Jefferson, the representatives of the federal and democratic parties, denouncing consolidation and centralization of power, as tending to the subversion of State Governments, and to despotism."

Why honor a traitor?
Really made me think.

He was a traitor to the United States.

But he was a loyal son of Virginia. In the end, he was forced to choose between loyalty to the Federal Government, which in 1861 was still a "work in progress", or his home. Blood is thicker then water.

He lost everything in the service of Virginia. He was also honorable in his defeat. He could have easily triggered a guerilla war that would have lasted for decades. Instead, he ordered the Confederate Army to go home, and agreed to take the criminal punishment of the victors upon himself, so long as his men be allowed to return home with honor.

youtube.com/watch?v=DlmCxg7TalE

The State of Virginia is honoring him not the Feds
They are only honoring Pike

fuck, forgot pic
someone else beat me to it anyway

>Yankee aggressors
Someone skipped history class.

This triggers the Confedfag

No senpai, he means the REAL America (us) lost.
Because the Confederacy was more American than the big government shitshow that the Union was/is.

Even Indians crossed the ocean retard.
Except if he'd lived there would be no niggers
Why honor nigger slaves
Really made me think.

Not really. Grant allowed the South to keep its dignity. I wish the current crop of idiots trying to re-contextualize the Civil War would go to Appomattox Virginia and see for themselves what happened there. The locals have taken it upon themselves as an almost religious duty to insure that people remember what happened.

Rather then descend into recrimination, and long term blood shed, the country tried to heal. And it started with preserving the dignity of the defeated south. This effort to break the peace of Appomattox by the American Left will have dire consequences.

>Even Indians crossed the ocean retard.
and?

>that movie

The opening credits with the flags always make me tear up... imaginging all the people that left blood dripping Europe just to fight each other again in the new world

youtube.com/watch?v=N4iT7NdoM58

:'(

he should have taken command and then marched on washington

here here!

Did this movie single-handedly make Southerns proud again?

I think it def played a part.

because you tard

America is a nation built on traitors and this traitor did so with dignity grace reasoning and explanation for why he was doing what he was doing. Context matters, history isn't some fucking black and white vacuum of HUR DURR TRAITORS DONT DESERVE RESPECT.

monuments aren't always about honoring something.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wpf4DJcuPiE

But the oath he took was to the federal government.

And the Feds are not the ones who are honoring him

secession was legal.

Secession is what we say it is. The South said yes. The North said no. North won.

So no. Stop being a loser. And supporting losers.

Pathetic.

Lincoln offered him the Union command and he turned it down and led the South. He was respected by everyone. Only fucked up leftist think he fought for slavery...

Because he stood up to an intrusive, bloodsucking, far-off federal government that was openly hostile to the values and way of life that shaped him. But he owned slaves 150 years ago in a region where it was a wholly legal and accepted practice, so he is at fault for you siring 9 kids by 9 different women and dropping out of school in 10th grade to sell crack. Yeah, fuck that guy.

Stop supporting the federal government you dingus. They scammed your ancestors. Actually your ancestors probably werent even here during the civil.

That's like saying because England lost the Revolution that no one in England can be proud of who they are. Such idiotic beliefs.

Mine were. Ironically, My paternal ancestors fought for the Union in the Missouri militia.

My Maternal ancestors fought for the British Empire in the royal navy.

Weird parentage that is still 100% germanic. Anglo-Saxon-Switzer-deutch. Don't ask me how that one happened over a 300 year period.

Beautiful.

Also one the unique aspects of America. Actually learning from history and respecting it. Something largely lost of late.

So a long history of bootlicking aggressive large governments huh? At least they won 1 of the 2. My ancestors on my maternal and paternal side served and fought for the South. Couldn't be more proud of their service.

>Couldn't be more proud of their service.
Why would you be proud? They couldn't even protect their nation and their homes.

because they were right about the yankees

They fought and died for what they believed in against great odds. In my opinion I think their service required more bravery than those who fought for the Feds. I have great pride in that. Gave their lives for their home and heritage, which is a great deal better than giving your life for a mere political union.

I like how it's Martin Sheen playing Robert E Lee.

Should we remove The West Wing re-runs????? LIBERALS BTFO