1 Corinthians 2:9

1 Corinthians 2:9
>But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Do you believe in God Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-jDH3Sn9Pw
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=284&v=TY1_sYnr0gE
youtube.com/watch?v=xD7i4dNyoz0
youtu.be/omIf4fKemEo
youtube.com/watch?v=UmnF0fv5dGg
youtube.com/watch?v=J2PkAmgULCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

I know human intellect is far inferior than what a god will would require, I know therefore god is not comprehensible by man alone.

I know then, that no human can give me the answers not matter if the say "it was from god" or not.

I know our incomprehension is the lack of being godlike. we are not made or seem to be suggested to, need to become gods or godlike, our intention seem to suggest mortality and mortal quarrels are our realm of concern.

So do yourself a favor and stop thinking about it.

Yes sir. Heading to church in a hour.

yes i do, and all those reading this should too

yes

Spent 16 years as an atheist and found God after all of my adult life of trying to improve myself and then falling into months of depression. Every year it was like that. No matter what improvements I'd make, no matter how high I would climb, I'd fall back to hell.

God set me straight. It's not easy, and it's not comforting to have the Sword of Truth pierce your heart every time you mess up, but now it can be uplifting to know that even if you screwed up you have a perfect way back to the light.

>So do yourself a favor and stop thinking about it.

>Hey our soul might alternative be sent to burn in hell for all of eternity or rejoice in the kingdom of Heaven
>God might also punish us severely even on this earth too
>DUDE DON'T THINK ABOUT IT LMAO JUST SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY

...there upon the threshold I saw him, a being radiant like the sun and clothed in the stars, and beside him stood a man in a red sash who told me, "put thy sword unto the cross," and it was as if hours had passed where I knew I had only been enraptured for a moment

>reporting Christian threads

U heretic bro?

YES

>god
>quotes some bible shit

Wtf?

Are catholics christians?

Wow, what a pretty pic of Jesus you posted. Totally historical I guess.

What's your favorite cryptic bible quote?

No

Jesus is my rock and he rolls my blues away

>all who believe in me are saved
>man will reap what he sows

I'm a deist pretty much. The above is just crap. Do shit all your life, say you're sorry and you're in the same position as some nun who has done nothing wrong her whole life.

Almost none of them

I report threads that I consider low quality.
This includes christian threads because religion threads are usually low wuality bait, although that is also "christcuck" threads. Don't take it personally.

What a sad little manlet you must be

I agree.

Good thing I'm not one of them then

Nun is a filthy sinner too

Belief is everything

It's hard to be saved when you don't know you're lost

Just make high quality threads and I (and I assume the mods) won't have an issue with them.

It isn't that hard.

Jesus Christ is Lord of all.

Jesus was a Roman invention.

youtube.com/watch?v=5-jDH3Sn9Pw
CAESAR'S MESSIAH
Who was Jesus?
Why were the Gospels written in Greek, rather than Hebrew or Aramaic?
Why were the first Christian Pope and saints all members of the Flavius Caesar family?

In his book Caesar's Messiah, Atwill outlines a revolutionary discovery: the series of events in Jesus' ministry described in the Gospels are exact, sequential parallels to the the battle campaign of Titus Flavius, as recorded by Josephus in War of the Jews. From this revelation, Atwill unravels one of the best kept secrets of our modern era–that the origins and intentions of Christianity are far different than we have been led to believe.

The key came in Josephus’ War of the Jews, which describes Titus’s destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE. The military campaign exactly paralleled over 40 moments in the ministry of Jesus described in the Gospels; an inconceivable coincidence.

As Atwill presents in Caesar's Messiah, the Flavian Roman imperial family created Christianity to pacify the militaristic opposition to their rule. Even more incredibly, they placed a literary satire within the Gospels to mark their handiwork. This symbolic framework is the hidden history of Western civilization. In his follow-up book, Shakespeare's Secret Messiah, Atwill shows how this typology was understood and employed by Marlowe and Shakespeare, and what it means for the future of the Christian world.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=284&v=TY1_sYnr0gE
The Deception of Constantine
Constantine mixed Mithraism, Apollo worship, and Christianity to vault himself into popularity.

Welp, they are fanatics, especially in Poland. Every time I try to help them, I get called heretic trash and should fuck off xD!

Sounds like you're trying too hard, brother. God is real. God is good. We were made in his image and while we are not gods and don't have the propensity for god-hood, we are kings and priests to our God. Jesus is the Messiah sent to free us from the bond age of sin and death and to restore us unto the purpose for which we were created: to know God, to fellowship with God, to be His people and to proclaim His goodness. We were given free will and immediately mucked that up, but by falling on our own, he shows his great love that he forgives us, picks us up, dusts us off and sets us in our place next to Him in eternity. Don't let stupid people undermine the creator. There is only ONE truth and your belief and understanding don't change that. If you want God to reveal himself to you, all you need to do is ask Him with a true heart to show you the truth. I pray God will set you on the journey to find him

Good, I can bang whores and snore cocaine from their buttocks all day every day. I mean, I believe, I'll be save anyway.

'I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through Me.'
Jesus is God. No man can escape this fact. Praise the Lord and may His glory spread throughout the world.
'For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever should believe in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.'
Don't shut Him out, brothers. Jesus loves you. God is good.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

Why are they all singing different veses?

>Caesar invented jesus so his succesors could opress his followers and later destroy the imperium culture Caesar invented
what

>Are catholics christians?
No. They make it a point not to don't follow the teachings of Jesus and openly mock people who do.

95% of them are going to hell because they're trusting entirely in their good works to save them, go "oh I've been confirmed in the Catholic church", or just vaguely hope God won't send them to hell because they don't molest children or something.

Matthew 15:9
>in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Luke 13:28
>There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Now to be fair most Protestants do this too. I think Christianity is largely dead in the West and it only "survives" based on virtue signalling and avoiding uncomfortable dinner conversations with Grama.

Yes.

Really? Then what does ''all who believe are saved'' mean? I don't think it says ''all that believe but don't sin are saved''.

>What's your favorite cryptic bible quote?

Revelation 17:1-6
>And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
>With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
>So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
>And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
>And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
>And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

The identity of "Mystery Babylon" is really intriguing. Everything regarding the coming of the anti-Christ is maximum spooky.

If you truly repent, you get the Holy Spirit which stops you from sinning and changes your general behaviour.

>stops you from sinning

naw man, more like you have a hightened sence of conscience/morality

Amen to this.

Bullshit man. No one fucking repents. You think anyone regrets getting smashed and fucking a thot? And again, even if they do, it's bullshit. 30 years of constantly doing shit despite being told it's wrong and suddenly you realize oh shit I'm gonna die, I better repent.

Might be, idk, I'm new into christianity.

The Flavian dynasty invented Jesus, and that projected ended with the assassination of Domitian. Their successors, the Nervan-Antonian dynasty, had nothing to do with the invention of Christianity.

>Romans needed another excuse to oppress the Jews

The destruction of the Temple, such a catastrophic event is never mentioned in the Gospels or the subsequent letters of Paul or Peter or the others in the New Testament, this would either suggest the events were recorded before Titus's sack of Jerusalem.

>stops you from sinning
isnt accurate

but the holy spirit certainly "convicts" you when you sin

when i got saved i actually had a complete mindset change. i still sin but i am aware of it and try to stop it.

>If you truly repent, you get the Holy Spirit which stops you from sinning and changes your general behaviour.

Nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=xD7i4dNyoz0

>such a catastrophic event is never mentioned in the Gospels
What are you talking about? There's a prophecy about the destruction of the temple in the Gospels.

I believe in Jesus Christ, who rose from the dead for our sins, and the Virgin Mary, who was born without sin, died without sin, and ascended to Heaven.

>reporting /x/ threads on Sup Forums
where does seem to be the problem?

Interesting, I'll have a look at the documentary
What was Augustus and Julius' role in christianity?
That is, if they had any to begin with

Well, yea, the same thing happened to me. I think differently about certain things and have more moral monologues than ever.

They had no role, those events took place decades after their deaths.

IF YOU PEOPLE REALLY SEEK THE TRUTH AND THE UNDERLYING REASON BEHIND EVERYTHING WATCH THIS

youtu.be/omIf4fKemEo

USA only

I'm an atheist but Christian threads are always high-quality.

Titus destroyed the Temple. The Gospels never talk about the destruction of the Temple ever. For a location that is literally where God speaks to the Jews that is unthinkable that it would not solicit any form of reaction in the Gospels, for them to have been written after Titus sacks Jerusalem. Let alone the Jews willingly accepting the Gospels and then spreading it themselves.

""Verboten". ELEVEN BIBLICAL ESSAYS. ON SUBJECTS. CAREFULLY AVOIDED BY. TODAYS CLERGY. By Thomas O'Brien."

Look it up and get the true redpilling you crave.

>The Gospels never talk about the destruction of the Temple ever
For fuck's sake read the fucking book.

>that is unthinkable that it would not solicit any form of reaction in the Gospels, for them to have been written after Titus sacks Jerusalem
The Gospel of Mark was earliest Gospel, written around 70 AD.

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

Do the math.

Good one famalam
Over 9/10 threads about anything to do with religion are bottom of the barrel

>prediction
Do you not understand? Who cares about a prediction when the Temple is literally destroyed before your very eyes?

If you say this is a Flavian conspiracy then no Jew would ever support it. Yet here we are with literature and Jews known to have died for the cause seemingly oblivious to the destruction the Romans supposedly wrought but was then post modified to be a modified metaphor of what was to happen. As though the Romans did not have an excuse to oppress the Jews already.

OR

You could say this conspiracy has no basis simply because the authors were writing at a time when the events relating to the Flavian conspiracy had not occurred primarily the destruction of the Temple an event so catastrophic that no Jew could possibly ignore in their writings or in their customs.

you don't know and cannot know, if you claim to know or even try to know, you're trying to be above your mortal self.

Think about it wont help you understand it, it wont help you at all in finding the answers, a child who has put 5 seconds of thought into the meaning of life has the same amount of grasp of the meaning as anyone of those books going on and on about it.

None of them will change that fact we have no answers.

Don't be retarded, user. The prediction IS their reaction to the destruction of the temple. They are both from the same time.

What else could it be? A literal prophecy from a clairvoyant Jew that was allegedly crucified decades before?

>If you say this is a Flavian conspiracy then no Jew would ever support it.
What makes you think they would know anything about an imperial conspiracy?

No, I am not stupid.

>you don't know and cannot know, if you claim to know or even try to know, you're trying to be above your mortal self.

Speak for yourself.

2 Timothy 1:12
>For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1 Corinthians 2:5
>That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

>the prediction is their reaction
What no other mention, just a vague silent prediction not about how or by whom just an empty promise? No other books of lamentation or promises from God? None of the Church fathers, James, Peter or Paul not even John, say anything about the loss and trauma suffered from the sacking of Jerusalem? 27 books in the New Testament and the ONLY reaction is that one vague abstract statement?

>Jewish prophecy
Far more plausible than a Roman conspiracy with intimate knowledge of Jewish customs prophesying about the destruction of Jerusalem.

Yes, I have seen Her.
Souls aren't real you retard.
threads don't belong on Sup Forums, Kill yourself for desecrating Sakura like that, you piece of shit. You are human garbage.

>Kill yourself for desecrating Sakura like that, you piece of shit. You are human garbage.

This is you.

>What no other mention, just a vague silent prediction not about how or by whom just an empty promise?
That entire chapter is about what to do after shit hits the fan. Those teachings were for the Jews who didn't give a fuck about the temple. What they wanted was a Messiah and the Flavians gave them one. That was later explained by the apostles telling them that the Jews got rekt by the Romans because they rejected the new Messiah. They were dissidents, they wouldn't keep crying about something they no longer had any use for.

The Jews that did cry though would be the ones to develop a continued form of Judaism, which was Talmudic Judaism. These Jews are still crying to this day.

>Far more plausible than a Roman conspiracy
>someone LITERALLY having magic powers to predict the future
>more plausible than mundane politics
Top Kek

>with intimate knowledge of Jewish customs prophesying about the destruction of Jerusalem
Do you know who Flavius Josephus was?

Its from being made by Yaldaboath, arrogant god of the blind.

lolno

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 1:1-5 ESV

1: "When the LORD your God brings you into the land which you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Gir'gashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Per'izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb'usites, seven nations greater and mightier than yourselves,
2: and when the LORD your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them; then you must utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, and show no mercy to them.
3: You shall not make marriages with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons.
4: For they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods; then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.
5: But thus shall you deal with them: you shall break down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and hew down their Ashe'rim, and burn their graven images with fire.
6: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, out of all the peoples that are on the face of the earth.
16: And you shall destroy all the peoples that the LORD your God will give over to you, your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you.

>Josephus
So the Jews knew about it but at the same time didn't know about it but still went along with it anyway even though they knew it was from a Roman source with no religious authority but acted like it was all ok?

>politics
Its not politics when you have to spend that much time and effort to forge a conspiracy to oppress Jews, when you already had Nero giving you the perfect excuse to oppress Christians and Jews.

>So the Jews knew about it but at the same time didn't know about it but still went along with it anyway even though they knew it was from a Roman source with no religious authority but acted like it was all ok?
No, Josephus knew because he was directly involved. The new converts didn't know shit, they all believed Jesus was the Messiah.

>Its not politics when you have to spend that much time and effort to forge a conspiracy to oppress Jews, when you already had Nero giving you the perfect excuse to oppress Christians and Jews.
Except it wasn't an excuse to oppress Jews, but a project of political subversion. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this new religion was plainly anti-Pharisaic and pro-Roman.

>political subversion invented by Romans to trick Jews into subverting Romans with a Roman fabrication so Romans can govern Jews in absolute

Rome already controlled the Jews in all but name.

Human intellect is not inferior to God. God simply created humans in his OWN image. Which means we carry things that god wanted and required us to carry.

We are made to adapt, to choose and most importantly to reason. God can do all of these aswell. He also has free will just like us.

God is not superior to men either. Jesus was perhaps one of the last perfect humans in this world. He was made out of pure good. He managed to flock thousands to his cause but he was also murdered by the hand of regular humans with regular human intellect. If Humans are indeed inferior than god then how can they be able to kill his son?

>"I really enjoy discussing Jesus Christ through a religious point of view, despite how anti-Christian many people are today, maybe I should start a thread with other like-minded individuals on a website that allows absolute freedom of discussion anonymously"
>Make thread on Sup Forums because it's a fast-moving board filled with people willing to discuss even the most controversial of topics
>Thread fills up with atheists, pagans, and shitposters
>Do nothing but shit on Jesus Christ while those who came to discuss him are largely ignored or have to take the defensive
>Thread turns into a shit-flinging mess
>"Fuck these Christcuck threads they're so low quality"

Do you retards understand that it's your fault for shitting up these threads? If you hate Jesus that much, filter the word. God knows you definitely won't filter any threads with words like cuck

>Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?
How? Because the victim allowed it to happen.

Sakura is a nice Christian girl.

>waah why do people shit up my off-topic shitpost threads?
>I know I'll just make more of them
Maybe you should just not make shit threads.

>off-topic shitpost threads
Come back when you have a proper understanding of politics you literal monkey

>Many millennia ago
>God literally commits impressive acts of divine power, destroy heretical nations and cities, rains snakes from the sky etc.
>Today
>Nothing
>"Just like believe lol"

Sure thing buddy, the line between belief and a lie is very very thin, and I don't want to be a tool. Why not do those same miracles today? What made those sandniggers so special that they could bask in the glory of divine power while we get jack shit?

I want to believe, I truly do, because life truly is suffering, and I really want to believe that there is a higher power. The only thing that makes sense is that all that stuff that happened in the past was work of an advance alien civilization.

>to trick Jews into subverting Romans
>Rome already controlled the Jews in all but name
Not at all, that was only the beginning of the Jewish-Roman wars. Victory at the siege of Jerusalem didn't mean they had control over the Jews. The Jewish communities would still oppose Roman rule well after that. The reasoning behind the invention of Christianity was to sabotage their influence in the Roman society and not simply control them by military force. They were basically using subversion against subversion. That's the whole point of Christianity.

Oh yes. In God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. And in the one holy catholic Church.
Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto, sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

God bless all of you. Especially those that have gone astray from the Glory of God.

Everything changed when we killed his son, now we're left to our own devices

For mystery in Revelations I can't go past 10:3-4
>and he gave a loud shout like the roar of a lion. When he shouted, the voices of the seven thunders spoke.
>And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down."

In the middle of all the great reveal you've got this one part "yeah, keep this bit a secret"

>Roman-Jewish relations began with the siege of Jerusalem
Jews were already a client kingdom hosting Roman governors and engaging in Roman construction projects by the time of Titus. See King Herod and the end of the Hasmonean dynasty.

Basically you are repeating what I just said when the Romans could genocide or enslave them (which they did anyway). Christians were not a fiction of Titus testified by the fact Nero was blaming Christians for burning Rome a few years earlier.

Time to hit the books new friend.

Corinthian leather - best leather

youtube.com/watch?v=UmnF0fv5dGg

>Everything changed when we killed his son
>we
Yeah, sins of the father, right?

>Someone kills someone else on the other side of the globe in 1904
>Skip to 2017
>Police comes knocking on your door one day
>"You're going to suffer in jail because someone on the other side of the globe killed someone else, back when you weren't even alive."

No, but Christianity is based provided it isn't a cuck faggot version, and culturally significant for whites.

As such, I support it and denounce atheist faggotry.

Yes, I trust in God and I believe that following the teachings of Jesus is the best path the one can march.

Correct
youtube.com/watch?v=J2PkAmgULCw

God knows your true face, your intentions and thoughts.
>...and from those who ended in hell none was surprised.

Amen

If you guys don't start posting better pictures of me, the rapture is not going to go well for you! Pic related, it's me.

the jews are cursed because they hate christ (show me another religion that actually hates christ as opposed to just indifference?)

jews think they are the sons of abraham but they aint. abraham would gas the lot of you.

>Jews were already a client kingdom hosting Roman governors and engaging in Roman construction projects by the time of Titus
Your understanding of history must be pretty shallow for you to think that means control in every sense of the word. But hey, let's ignore decades of war between Romans and Jews anyway.

>testified by the fact Nero was blaming Christians for burning Rome a few years earlier
There's not a single contemporary source for that claim. All of those accounts come from later writers (coincidentally, mostly from Christian writers such as Tertullian).

Yeah I believe in God.

>be God
>be most powerful being in existence
>create entire universe for one species on one planet in one galaxy
>claim to love all humanity and only appear to some desert fags to perform magic tricks and the only way people can know you did it is to have them write it down
>rely on fallable, corruptible human beings to spread your word
>humans invent cameras and uber advanced recording technology
>only appear on toast and in a could every know and then