HAPPENING!!!! HOLYSHIT: NASA DONT DO IT!!!

NASA Unveils Plan To Stop Yellowstone "Supervolcano" Eruption, There's Just One Catch

So, NASA came up with an alternative plan. They believe the most viable solution could be to drill up to 10km down into the super volcano and pump down water at high pressure. The circulating water would return at a temperature of around 350C (662F), thus slowly day by day extracting heat from the volcano. And while such a project would come at an estimated cost of around $3.46 billion, it comes with an enticing catch which could convince politicians (taxpayers) to make the investment.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-19/nasa-unveils-plan-stop-world-ending-supervolcano-eruptiontheres-just-one-catch
abc2news.com/newsy/nasa-is-sending-bacteria-into-the-sky-during-the-total-solar-eclipse
archive.is/VQsZC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fracking yellowstone. We are going to be washed in oil.

Okay - what's the catch?

forgot link

zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-19/nasa-unveils-plan-stop-world-ending-supervolcano-eruptiontheres-just-one-catch

No let it blow I wanna die

NASA whipping up mass hysteria for gibs

>literally fracking the yellowstone volcano

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats epic

dont people estimate an eruption happening in around 300 years?

nasa is going to send bacteria into space during the eclipse
abc2news.com/newsy/nasa-is-sending-bacteria-into-the-sky-during-the-total-solar-eclipse

nasa is fucking mental man they dont give a shit

god this sounds like the biggest money scam

NASA.....focusing on volcanoes....

fuck nasa for trying to ruin the happening of the century

This sounds smart and logical.
If a big boil is developing you drain that shit pronto

literally this.

Let's archive it.
archive.is/VQsZC

So... they're planning to pump water into a volcano, where it will turn into steam. This doesn't sound dangerous at all.

they can get geothermal power from it, so basically gets the grid some cheap electricity (less costs for the consumer). i dont see whats wrong with it.

it literally says pressurized water mate so its under hard enough pressure to not turn into steam at that temperature

kek

thanks norway

Where's norbro anyways? Haven't seen him

wait, that actually sounds stupid. when they cool down the upper layer, it will harden and the pressure rises. I mean if they just want to build a vulcan heat power plant it can be done but doing in the size for "cooling it down".

>...Muahahahaha, all nations have to sign leadership over to me in the next 24 hours or this supervulcan will errupt with the help of my cute litte drill....
wew, somehow I remember this plot, I wonder where it was from?

But water vapor is a greenhouse gas. greenies would rather die that heat up the earth a bit more

nasa steals 53 million a day to put out cgi cartoon blue balls to make goy believe they are on a ball spinning 1063 mph and flying 67,000,000 mph. this is why jews own goy.

if NASA gets involved it probably will detonate

You know, I always wondered why geothermal hasn't been a viable solution... You drill a hole, you pump water down into it, and then steam comes up. Energy loss from pumping the water, and maybe the steam isn't high pressure enough to spin a turbine?

His algorithm is selective. I do this for free.

literally no water vapor being created because the water is used as a heat-conductive and is always pressurized so it wont vaporize and then they let it cool off

you can contrap the water vapor in a geothermal generator and cool it off....

the Space Shuttle was the most clusterfucked engineering project in history. they will clusterfuck yellowstone if you let them near it

according to the article yellowstone has the potential to release 6GW of power

>“Yellowstone currently leaks around 6GW in heat,” Wilcox says. “Through drilling in this way, it could be used to create a geothermal plant, which generates electric power at extremely competitive prices of around $0.10/kWh. You would have to give the geothermal companies incentives to drill somewhat deeper and use hotter water than they usually would, but you would pay back your initial investment, and get electricity which can power the surrounding area for a period of potentially tens of thousands of years. And the long-term benefit is that you prevent a future supervolcano eruption which would devastate humanity.”

yellowstone is done in 300 years why are they causing mass-panic

how long will the global winter be if it detonates? is winter finally coming?

there might be hype around yellowstone going but i dont think it actually does in this timeline

>nasa
>geological work
>one random fucker 'leaks' a supposed proposal
stop fucking larping you utter homosexual

the moon landing was faked in hollywood

Wouldn't that just cause a shit ton of steam that would circulate and expand the magma pocket, forcing the thing to erupt?

pff dunno 10 years of a hard winter i heard...we can mass grow plants inside and shit and again yellowstone aint done

yes let it blow, i want you to die.

ITS FUCKING PRESSURIZED WATER MATE IF YOU PUT A LIQUID UNDER PRESSURE YOU CAN HIGHER ITS VAPORIZATION POINT IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND

The prophecies from Lost just keep flowing. Watch this for a preview.

Wasn't it jellystone tho?

They're also out of water. Are they gonna route ocean water there? This sounds like a 5 x science jargon scam.

It's fracking but for green reasons. Plus geothermal. Plus water distillation. Plus Nasa. Wtf.

For no compensation? Not even a hot pocket?

why not pump liquid nitrogen into the volcano and freeze the caldera?

a fucking shadow isnt going to end your country burger

Wouldn't this have a complete opposite reaction and make it fucking worse? Where exactly do they plan to let the steam escape from because, it's not like they can have a dual pipe system that will inject water and collect steam in the same location

too cost expensive? not practical? a liquid is should be of rather neutral heatstate to conduct heat

THERES NOT GONNA BE ANY STEAM HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT

while there are actual cases of the mandela effect, this is not one of them. everyone and their dog knows that shows use joke names like that to avoid copyright shit all the time.

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Why don't they just use aluminum rods for better heat transfer. Waters terrible.

They could do what I did in Terraria and build a tunnel under the ocean and relocate all the water. Not sure what they'd do for the steam though.

Oh.
My.
God.

10 years would be the longest right? the last time we got wintered it wiped a lot of people.

it's happening
>the groxt1
i like him

water can be pumped in there? water is cheap? pressurized water can theoretically hold heat as it gets more pressurized?

>$3.46 billion
to drill a fucking hole
fuck these niggers

This is what NASA looks like today

10 years would be the hardest....NA would also have shrapnel in the air basically

What's the meme about

So we're alleviating the pressure by adding more pressure with superheated water?

nothing its all hypocrisy its done in centuries

Makes sense on why their genius plan is essentially to build a pussy and douche the fuck out of it. Just a bunch of old hags thinking with their cunts.

dont bullshit me user. We are fucked.

>NASA's bright fucking idea is to do a combination fracking/water cooling on a goddamn volcano thats half the country in size
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

you higher the pressure and then the water has to get hotter to vaporize basically you just pressurize it adequately theres gonna be no steam because it would be cooled off and then reused because you wanna keep the pressure although i think unpressurizing it makes it cool off way faster so yeah its a good idea but then again hypocrisy yellowstone is not gonna erupt in anyones lifetime here

some poor ayyy lmaos are going to get their planet devestated like a billion years from now haha

actually not that much

NOOO!I WANT CHAOS AND SUFFERING!

if something happens just go to australia theres enough space there and its gonna be cooler during the eternal winter in the middle of the country so it would be the ideal place plus its so fucking far away from the eruption zone

>Pump water into underground supervolcano
>Water flashes into steam massively increasing pressure
>This is supposed to help

wat

Wait.. So what your saying is they plan to send a team in a self burrowing 'sub' towards the center of the earth in hope to find a long lost civilization of mythical creatures and then trigger underground volcanoes to kill them all and then escape in the sub via one of the eruptions, returning safely to the surface?
That's fucking crazy man, nasa is whack.

"It will cost is billions of our fiat currency that we control and has no standard."

read the fucking thread newfag

Bruce Willis has to be the one to do it.

>Literal Aztec is more reasonable about a solar eclipse than my countrymen.

Fml

that will just make cobblestone idiot

>mfw this thread is full of retards and illiterates

NASA wants to do this to all the supervolcanos.

Woke AF

rip

There's a nordbot who likes to archive things he percieves as giving jews shekels

consierges sans salerie my friend

Geochemist here stop trying to be smart it makes you look fucking idiotic.

i saw him yesterday but only a few times

There's no way they could extract enough heat to make any meaningful decrease in the risk of an eruption. Yellowstone is fucking massive.

It's already overdue iirc. However, they also guestimate that the magma chamber is no-where near full.
My personal theory is that we live on a dying planet because the Earth's core can't keep spinning forever. Sooner or later, we'll lose the magnetic field and we'll have about 1,000 years from that point to get off the planet or become extinct.

I'm sure that's gonna do wonders to the planet's climate.

What would happen if Kim dropped a nuke in that hole?

yeah sure know what? proof or fuck off this is Sup Forums nigger btw im answering people but grew angry because they werent reading through the thread you wet biscuit moose fucker

not gonna happen in my life for sure

well theyre also gonna go on this shit massively

We're all gonna die

HAIL APOLLYON KING OF THE LOCUSTS

i wish i could see Sup Forums 1000 years from now

I don't have to show you shit you fucking discount kraut retard