Why are textbook so expensive?

lmao just pirate them

Why are you going to college?

Share a text easy to scan or even take HR photos of each page.
50% of my professors didn't even use the text.

Because there are things I want to do in life.

MSc Computer Science here. Never bought a textbook in my six years at university. Just fucking study with your notes, the slides and internet like any sane person would.

why the fuck would you spend $850 to overeat with a bunch of baby boomers for a week

>with that money..
>..I can attain something so transient even memories of it will be a hazy blur of alcohol
Oh vocal minority, you're literally everything wrong and everything right with capitalism at the same time. If university isn't an investment for you in some way, then you're doing it wrong.

That's Prety cheap.

My sister spent £2.000 a year on books to become a lawyer

And studied 7 years

Why are cruises to the Bahamas so expensive? You literally just pay somebody to take you on a boat to see natives who are paid to be nice to you and then after you get home you have nothing to show for it

because if your major is worth a shit you will use those textbooks in the field
t. mechatronics

am I the only one who thinks its funny when people are in crippling college debt?

same here, never bought a textbook. also library and ebay earlier editions if you really couldn't find and e-book.

>Spending money on textbooks
>Not downloading them from the Internet
>Not only buying online course content access codes

I want to see which classes this guy takes and how many classes.

Kikery.
Also you're an absolute fucking idiot if you buy new textbooks. Either get a used older edition or don't get any since in 9 out of 10 times you won't even use the book.

exactaly, half of the old versions arebonline, im not going to be a chemistry major and buy a hundred dollars worth of english faggot kike books

How can one read this amount in 1 sem?

because if your jannah is worth a shit you will use those weapons against the kuffir
t. meccatronics

Not an option here, many colleges have assignments using Pearson's online system that requires a specific code from either a new textbook or an online retailer reselling them.

Costs can run into the 3/4ths or full textbook range for just that code.

kek

Also every book I need is in my uni library.

Same, except I like purchasing the CS books brand new if they have good reviews, to put on my book shelf and use as reference later. I'm not buying any shitty English or psychology books though

Thinking of travel, like a woman.

You sell them after semester and get most of your money back...it's really not a problem

I'm taking a computer programming course for Physics, and I have to use myprogramminglab from pearson. 49 dollars without a textbook. Not really an option. While books are mostly optional for some of the classes, the online HW/lab part is not. Teachers have gotten lazy as fuck, I haven't turned in a paper assignment in 1.5 years.

And at the very least, you could just buy used books on amazon or eBay for 30 bucks max. I like having a hard copy, so I buy important textbooks like calc and physics books. Have not spent more than 40 dollars max on any of them.

Kikery of course.

Because they are written by PhD doctors who get paid per hour to write this shit.

Also jews

>WAA THESE BOOKS COST MONEY!!
>I could have spent this money on dumb shit!
what a fucking retard holly shit

because marxists students are cucks

why isn't all this shit on $75 tablets yet?

>getting drunk in steerage on a boat is worth more than books you can keep forever

College is literally just a pyramid scheme at this point. The education-industrial complex is real and they're going to keep milking the desperate rubes for all they're worth until the whole system comes crashing down. But we're still at least another 8-10 years away from that.

Just the access codes cost 70-80% of the price of the book for any class I had that used the damn things. Subsidized student loans were a mistake.

>English errors
>one-line one-post
>not Sup Forums
>open-ended question to trick newfags into replying
THIS IS SPAM. THIS IS WHAT SPAM LOOKS LIKE. DO NOT GIVE (you)s TO ASIAN CLICKBAIT FARMS.

The Pearson system is such a fucking joke and does nothing but pad the grades. I noticed midway through my degree how upper division courses were giving points for showing up in the form of clicker questions and this online bullshit. It is just a way to offset the exams so that everyone can pass and the paper mill keeps churning out degrees.

The international versions sold in other countries are also a great option since they are usually cheaper even with shipping.

How is it that textbook prices upset your more than tuition fees?

> I spent money on educating myself
> I could have spent it on mindless hedonism
> I am free and have many choices
> Isn't that so fucked up?