American navy competence

>american navy competence

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/08/21/us-navy-destroyer-collision-malaysia-assisting-in-search-for-10-sailors/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbous_bow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_John_S._McCain_(DDG-56)
marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:712515/mmsi:636017930/imo:9396725/vessel:ALNIC_MC
uboataces.com/sounds/submarine-sinking-2.wmv
youtube.com/watch?v=z2t4rYHKhoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>USS John McCain
Sudden and unexpected course changes cause problems like that.

Destroyer is a fast boat, damage looks like sonar bubble on tanker, regardless it was broadsided just fore of the bridge. They let themselves get run down by a tanker. Sailors are drowned in flooded compartments. Hangings for the bridge crew are in order.

No way they did not see it coming, much less radar and sonar warnings.

Wonder if Johnny McCancerbrain had anything to do with appointment of Captain ?

I'm not buying the "hit by a tanker" excuse. Once is ridiculous for the US navy, but twice? Naaahhh. What is really happening?

lol again?

>Get hit by a tanker of peace
>All the rust coming out from the cracks
>Boat hasn't had proper maintenance for decades

Where is the money going to?

Wonder whatever gave Al Qaeda the idea they could ram US Navy ships with boat bombs ?

Obvious insurance fraud is obvious.

Israel

Bulbous bow. Tankers don't have sonar.

>2 collisions with freighters in the 3 months since the US decided to act tough in the South China Sea dispute again
You scared yet, China? We can sink our entire navy if we have to

>Americans itching for war so badly they're now ramming other boats

I know a guy who joined the navy. He's the least bright friend I ever had. Evidently you can rest easy knowing this isn't merely anecdotal...

larping faggot. navy know the difference between boats and ships

>tfw you're so old and senile even your namesake ship gets disoriented and wanders into another ship
tippy toppest kekarino

That should be sticky, since they done it again.

The decline in competence in the modern military should be no surprise. The generation of young sailors, soldiers, and airmen that entered the military under Obama were more coddled, less educated, and held to lower standards than any fighting force before in history.

You can't combine downsizing of military with failure to retain quality personnel, but that is exactly what is happening. Lefty bullshit infests the US military now, and it drives away the type of personalities which make for effective leaders and operators.

What is left are useless chaff, now being forced into upper enlisted and officer ranks since they literally have nobody else to turn to. The situation isn't un-salvageable, but it will be extremely costly and time consuming to fix.

Liberals have made a serious effort to undermine the competency and capability of our military, and it worked. You will see an enormous spike in accidents and general fuckery in the coming few years, all of which will undoubtedly be blamed on Trump, despite the simple fact that the people responsible were hired and retained under Obama's failure policies.

kek

Why are we naming ships after still living politicians?

just to make burgers feel a little bit better

Damn that did some damage aren't they supposed to be sturdier?

Why has this happened twice in two months??

Didn't the exact same thing happen not too long ago already ? What is it with US destroyers and their habit of colliding with something ?

How in the fuck do 2 ships on the fucking ocean crash into each other?

Looks like sabotage desu. Are your ships insured? Then i can imagine somebody making big bucks now.

False flag

It was in a harbor shipping channel you fucking imbecile.

Can somebody please tell me how the fuck you go missing from that?

How do you crash into something that's under the water? That looks like an explosion impact from a sub missile

Aye she was supposed to be unsinkable, double layered hulls and a captain that could smell icebergs.
>fell for the unsinkable ship fallacy

>strongest navy in the world
>destroy enemies from miles and miles away
>defend other ships and land from miles away
>6 gorillian dollar budget
>rekt by a lowly merchant dingy

"missing" in this context is just a polite way to say that they drowned and are likely fish food by now

Chinese plan to weaken the navy before actually declaring war

I want more of this.

By God.
John McCain's thirst for the blood of US sailors is insatiable.

we're at war

The sections of the ship that were flooding are sealed with the poor sob who gets to watch the water fill up his steel coffin

Well you would think a ship made to possibly get hit with torpedoes would hold up to a crappy cargo ship better.

It's from the sonar bulge under the bow. It protrudes forward quite a ways.

Unrelated, but searching for sonar bulge in duckduck go results in a bunch of naked faggots.

Either knocked off the ship of drowned, we are still looking for them right now.
thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/08/21/us-navy-destroyer-collision-malaysia-assisting-in-search-for-10-sailors/

They rule the high seas now!

yeh we're fucked boys

They aren't "made to get hit with torpedoes" you stupid shit. Think before you type. The type of garbage you produce is honestly inexcusable.

Ships are large and heavy. Tankers especially so. Weight combined with inertia results in that type of damage, especially if it is concentrated through a small area.

>navy fails
>start ramming enemy ships with tankers

You should have said
>american naval competence

Oh... alright, yeah that makes more sense, I was thinking they were somehow on deck and got knocked off.

I said possibly. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that. If one torpedo would surely completely decimate a ship what good are they really?

The bulbous bow is to make the ship go through the water with less drag. Also apparently a nice ram.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbous_bow

America also has this high tech bow weapon technology!

The bulbous bow of the U.S. Navy carrier USS Ronald Reagan made visible in drydock.

I'm in the military
I can tell you from experience the number one cause of things not working properly are blacks in positions of power. I have not, of the thousands I have, met a single competent one in any capacity. A line needs to be drawn here, ignoring it makes us weaker.

lewd

The destroyer had just recently passed by the illegal Chinese manmade islands in disputed waters against China's protests. You think it was automatically Navy pilot error?

>Why are we naming ships after still living politicians?

It was named after his father and grandfather, not the idiot from AZ.

"This warship is named after John S. McCain, Sr., and John S. McCain, Jr., both Admirals in the United States Navy. John S. McCain, Sr."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_John_S._McCain_(DDG-56)

It's not. Named after father or grandfather, not sure which. Both Navy men.

Don't worry though. Libs will change it after he's dead, if their war doesn't come sooner.

Again?
>mfw

This never happened before Trump. He made America a great joke.

>under the harpoon launchers

This gave me the fucking chills.

Chinese are testing out their version of Russia's radar/GPS spoofing, or more likely it works perfectly and a message is being sent

Nah. Lookouts and navigators/helm still use eyes first.

If it's nefarious, it'd be Chinese military planted on merchantmen and then they accidentally do it again.

It's not like a tanker can dodge a destroyer. The US crew must have all been stoned or something.

Gets worse then that. Ship's power almost immediately goes out with flooding from all the shorting outlets. Now you down to emergency lighting that an angry damage controlman may or may not have gundecked the battery change.

John S McCain is his grandfather, an Admiral in wwII

There is something fishy with these rammings.
But then again,the usa i called dumbfuckistan for a reason.

If this happened to me and the room started filling up with water I'd go to my shipmate kill him in the room with me then stick my dick in his butt
So that when I drowned and they get our bodies out
They'll know I won

Here is the info on the killer oil tanker:

marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:712515/mmsi:636017930/imo:9396725/vessel:ALNIC_MC

Apparently it was painted bright red to evade detection....

>Sink all of your ships in the South China sea
>Giant wall of steel cuts China off from the rest of the worlds oceans
Bravo Trump

stop

uboataces.com/sounds/submarine-sinking-2.wmv
:)

Wait, it looks like they painted the SOB black after all to sneak up on American warships!

Probably a stealth anti-radar, anti sonar, anti visual coating. Fucking Liberia.

Chinks will rob the steel for their new ships, WW2 IJN and RN wrecks are blown up and salvaged all the time no matter how much we arrest. They even use our flag when going plundering.

>I think the major design flaw with the Arleigh Burke class has to be the power distribution of the generators though.
That is the reason why the Navy doesn't want to admit this. Call it a hunch, but I think cutting corners is what led to the demise of the sailors on both the Fitzgerald and the McCain. Also factor in the fact that the sailors in the Obama administration is full of idiots and they picked people off the street makes more sense as these accidents can happen in the future.

thank you internet

LOL!

Can't make this shit up....

youtube.com/watch?v=z2t4rYHKhoc

>german

Man shut the fuck up

>chilling in your bunk catching some zzz's
>sudden crash and bang lights go out/flicker
>loud creaking and some faint screaming/yelling from other quarters
>sudden sound of water rushing into the quarters at your feet as your heart races in panic to get out of the bunk
>you desperately try to find an escape route in the darkness
>water is starting to get knee-deep
>reach a watertight door only to notice it's already been locked
>hear the yelling and talking of fellow sailors on the otherside
>this is the end.mp3

Software upgrades.
Corrupt US contractors write really shitty software and even competent bridge crews are at the mercy of constant crashes, glitches, fubars. This will be blamed on Russian hackers of course.
There have probably been near misses all over the globe as these updates are rolled out.

What is this the 3rd time now?

A zimmer.. that ship a few months ago now this..

The absolute state of the US Navy.

>german
>Man shut the fuck up

Assuming he is not an American stationed in Germany. Germany has no real military.

Is that a jetengine on the back of the tower

Pod to deploy Marines.

Sad.Jet-powered submarine would make my day.

>be american
>have 360,000,000 km2 of ocean to play in
>crash into a oil tanker

You can almost feel how badly trump wants to make a tweet about this.

So if you want to win against US you need to zerg rush them with cargo ships?
Reminds me of World in Conflict.

That's it's bunghole getting ready to take some oil tanker cawk!

Is that a bulbous on your bow or are you just happy to see me? XD

Have the same size navy as us shortly

There's another factor a lot of people don't realize. A lot of the ships built are assembled in Newport News Shipyard (as seen in the Reagan photo) and Norfolk Shipyard. The Newport News shipyard is one of the biggest laughing stocks in Virginia. It's primarily comprised of fresh out of high school teenagers and drug addicts. You can't have a felony conviction but many fake their drug tests. They spend all their time sleeping wherever and whenever they can, and doing as little as possible to get by. The place is a hell hole. I used to work there and I hated it. When I realized the country's ships were built by people like them, I couldn't contribute to it anymore.

>false flag!!!

Missing means "dead but we haven't found the corpse yet".
You need a corpse to confirm the death, so they aren't confirmed dead, they are just missing.

>Russian media has claimed its military is now capable of neutralising US warships with electronic jamming devices.
>Moscow's military chiefs are able to use 'Russian Electronic Warfare' to 'detect and neutralise any target from a ship's system and a radar, to a satellite', according to one news report.

This was on the news in Eastern Europe a month or two ago, did it air in the west?
Not sure if there is any truth to it, but disabling electronics is an issue for these floating fortresses, and a sign it may be time to get a hundred small gunboats instead of one big moving airport.

You guys are horrible people.

what does that have to do with not detecting/communicating to safety a near by ship?

>John McCain
>Not murdering American servicemen at every opportunity

Redundant thread tbqh