NPR

Why the fuck do we allow taxpayer dollars to fund this marxist propaganda mill? What can we do about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation_for_Public_Broadcasting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPR#Funding
npr.org/about-npr/487608540/nprs-best-of-car-talk-to-end-production-in-2017
unvis.it/npr.org/about-npr/487608540/nprs-best-of-car-talk-to-end-production-in-2017
npr.org/sections/ed/2017/08/13/541814668/ethnic-studies-a-movement-born-of-a-ban
fair.org/home/problems-at-pbs-from-rose-to-koch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A 3rd Congressional investigation on the anti-American activities of the Tax-Free Foundations.

Think of it as a campaign promise for 2018.

Agreed, this is pure propaganda

They say it's abouy science and the like, but 99% of it is political commentary. How do I stop my tax dollars going to this?

I've listened to NPR for years. Nowadays every other story is either about race or gender discrimination. They also always seem to choose the most whacky, backwards conservative listener they can find to bring onto the show.

The other day it was all about cripples. Or so I thought.

It was actually about the ongoing epidemic systemic dehumanisation of cripples in our country, and how we can have a national discussion of this grave crisis and move foreward toward a better understand and acceptance of cripples.

I thought bulding all those ramps was enough?

I listen to it every morning, it's pure unadulterated marxism- it makes me physically ill to think that not only is our money supporting it, but almost everyone I talk to thinks it's 'fair and balanced, just the facts' reporting.

So how do we stop our money going to it?

>the conservtive sites the BLS and says even though employment is low we have millions not looking for work so lowere immigration would help
>liberal disagrees, says he doesn't "think" there's a labor surplus and more immigrants save us money
>conservative baffled and can't refute because no argument was mad and then they move on
It didn't use to be this bad.

It's simple. Revoke its tax-free status.

That leaves it on the international corporate dole. That, as well, is simple. Use the antitrust laws and slap tariffs on foreign corporations. Additionally, defund the UN, seize its land, and stop recognizing NGOs as valid entities.

Send them to the EU so Putin can laugh harder.

>Marxist
Dude npr pbs and npn are all run by donations

I don't think it's that simple- I think you'd have to straight up disband the CPB altogether

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation_for_Public_Broadcasting

I don't think the feds should be in the media business at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPR#Funding

>Typically, NPR member stations receive funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, state and local governments, educational institutions, and the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB).

>federally funded

I don't have a problem with that. Are you familiar with the Reece and Cox commissions?

The government has done this sort of thing before, and now we have a president who seems to like to compare himself to Teddy Rosenfeld. Seems like the sort of thing that righties and lefties ought to be able to agree on.

Nope. Fed funding. Defund these assholes. The last election was a real eye opener to the depths of media lies and depravity.

Before the last election cycle they at least tried to maintain a balance. NPR had a definite liberal bias, but as long as you understood that, it was a pretty good source for news. i listen to it on the way to and on the way home from work. Or at least I did. Last year On The Media had a good show about gun control that had three guests. The first was a woman who basically saying liberals should at least know what they're talking about if they want anyone the take them seriously. She went into technical details. The second was a sheriff talking about the actual gun laws, including the fact that there was no gun show loophole. The last was a woman talking about gun violence statistics that included the "disproportionate number of gun crimes perpetrated by young black men." You wouldn't hear that show today. Half the time I'll just turn it off now.

Car talk was good

as an NPRfag, I can say that they get most of their funding from members and corporations.

The amount of anecdotal bullshit the hosts accept as fact from people belonging to their own ideology while calling out others for using statistics is mind boggling.

RIP Tom. Pretty sure they're stopping its repeats as well.

because jews are good negotiators

Oh, I hope not. I thought they had years of unaired material saved up. Everybody likes Car Talk.

I wasn't- just read an article on it. Seems like just the sort of common sense that todays liberals would have a conniption over no matter how you frame it, because they'll digest it all through the lense the media presents them. I can already hear them screaming about TRUMPS WAR ON THE FREE PRESS. I have no hope of bipartisan support

That's fine- but they still shouldn't get a single penny of taxpayer money

no matter how polarized the country gets, everybody can agree that car talk is goat

They got Jonahan Coulton...
...that faggot.

npr.org/about-npr/487608540/nprs-best-of-car-talk-to-end-production-in-2017

Archived it for you unvis.it/npr.org/about-npr/487608540/nprs-best-of-car-talk-to-end-production-in-2017

Thanks, Nordbro.

Christ, fuck off you little shits. NPR puts out some of the only content I'm still able to consume without wanting to slit my wrists. If you want to read actual Marxist propaganda then read WSWS or People's Daily. If you want to look at equivalent US funded news sources of a different sort, check out VOA or Stars and Stripes, neither of which I'm crazy about but I still have to pay for.

Find some *actual* marxist conspiracies christ. Maybe go Soros bashing, that's always good sport.

FUCKING RIGHT WING ARCHIVING SITES

Maybe it varies regionally? Here in NE it's undeniably marxist propaganda, it's pretty much indistinguishable from CNN. All last week every news panel was losing their shit over Trump rightfully calling both groups in Charlottesville violent, not mentioning antifa violence at all. Every morning there's a new outrage story about an 'undocumented immigrant' being deported even though they have 'no criminal record', all the usual shit

I made the mistake to listening to one of their shows on ABC radio. I seldom listen to radio as is so I didn't know what to expect. One of the shows was about the Syrian conflict. And they didn't cover it from the realpolitik side we and even /leftypol/ know. They actually forced the "sectarian" meme and wouldn't shut up about Assad being an Alawaite. They really wanted to force the Sunni = good/Shia = bad meme.

The funny thing was, all the people being interviewed who were all some sort of middle-eastern all thought it was bullshit. The host clearly brought them in to reinforce the whole "Bashar is bad" narrative but even with two people he thought would shill for him, they made the discussion more complicated than that and the host was really struggling to make it a sectarian discussion.

The other one I listened to covered the Korean presidential crisis in a such a shitty way that was almost sympathetic to pseudo-lesbo love story brimming there and completely overlooked how many regular South Koreans were pissed off with their president.

I'm seriously tempted to actually listen to this garbage more and petition to get it taken off our radio. This is American Imperialist garbage propaganda at it's worst and the sad thing is ther are a whole bunch of rich shit townhouse + BMW boomer lefties who think they're smart for eating this shit up. I guess that goes for ABC viewers in general.

Thinking that NPR or CNN are 'marxist' is fucking autistic. Social liberal at worst - incessant hyperbole is how we got into this shit storm. Wahh, so you live in the liberal bastion of the East Coast and public radio likes the antifa autists more than the Nazi autists. Wah, they did a human interest story on some shitskins who got deported.

And yes, the local coverage obviously differs depending on your locality and who the primary audience is. In the mid Atlantic coverage leans fairly progressive still, but I've listened to AL and TN affiliates and they're slightly more reflective of American conservative positions. Particularly on 2A issues.

Particular selection of programming does vary by station if you're using the radio for it. My local NPR outlet used to have a pretty /comfy/ mix of the usual entertainment/slice-of-life shows, the standard news bits, easily some of the best music, and even decent local news.

A few years back they got rid of that format, dropped most of the staff, and it in to almost 24/7 propaganda. That's when I stopped donating.

The website is pure cancer. Trigger warning: State-Funded Communist Propaganda Promoting State-Funded Communist Propaganda

>npr.org/sections/ed/2017/08/13/541814668/ethnic-studies-a-movement-born-of-a-ban

It's hard communist these days, even outside of the NE. I can imagine you might get something slightly more balanced in AL or TN.

NPR is one of the best and least biased news sources out there.

AL NPR listener. Can confirm it's pretty left, even here. The NYT is more balanced these days.

>npr.org/sections/ed/2017/08/13/541814668/ethnic-studies-a-movement-born-of-a-ban

In my region, Irish-American history electives and other regional ethnicity electives and clubs are common. How the fuck is this 'communist' you moron? Find some other shit to whine about.

they broadcast from commie american university in DC. there is a campus in egypt also and were instrumental in spreading muslim brotherhood propoganda.
also the left encouraged ethanol corn subsities which caused a wheat shortage and led to 400% increase in egypt bread prices. which is what they were actually protesting.

I wonder if there's a downloadable archive anywhere

Ha! It's a leftist echo chamber.

>entertainment/slice-of-life shows
Those must have been the days. My local station airs "story slams" (like slam poetry but with more plot and less rage) in the evenings and they're like listening to paint dry.

you need to be deported

>Social liberal at worst
Well, that is one of the worst things you can be.

>public radio likes the antifa autists more than the Nazi autists. Wah, they did a human interest story on some shitskins who got deported.
That's correct, it is a very bad thing that any American pays for Jewish journalists to broadcast an anti-white agenda. These people should be executed, not subsidized.

American University has turned out a substantial number of neocons, their IR program is famous for that. Their sociology program and other nonsense might be communist but that's the case for all sociology programs anywhere.

Ethanol subsidies exist in the US because Iowa grows corn and they are the first stop on the presidential race - it is a political convenience and nothing more.

What NPR has to do with foreign energy subsidies is lost to me. Egypt's energy market is fucky to begin with, blame someone else for their bullshit.

You morons couldn't correctly identify a ML communist if they landed on your fucking head.

It's really not. The questions they ask are unbiased during interviews though the interviewees are generally from the left.

Bump for interest. Nothing I hate more than the smug NPR jews and all the people who listen to them. HELL even CNN is better!

>American University has turned out a substantial number of neocons,
That's not a refutation, you mongoloid. Neocons are an offshoot of Trotskyites.

It's not Marxist, fool. Tax payer money ought to be used to supply the populace with news but even so most npr sponsors are corporate. Reminder: most of the so called leftists you rail against in your identity politics meme are center right as the left moves toward the right to satisfy authoritarian stormflakes such as yourself.

I listen to NPR all the time. Some of their shows are pretty biased (On Point, for example) but they also do really good journalism and have other stuff that's good to listen to. There is bias of emphasis but they don't make shit up the way CNN does.

You guys are just cucks so obsessed with your identity as "alt righters" that you can't recognize something good.

This pie chart is actually pretty misleading since the CPB and Universities both receive government money. By my estimation, govt. funding should be at least 16% on this chart.

NPR is Koch Bros controlled opposition.

Emmanuel Goldstein tier agitprop
fair.org/home/problems-at-pbs-from-rose-to-koch/

Sorry, I only get my true factual information from Sup Forums happenings and infowars

Call me woke you shill

COMMIES

Some of us are libertarians who are morally opposed to state-funded media.

>this morning on NPR, a virtue signiling libril quit his job because of Trump
>Here's what trump said and why it's wrong
>Why trump is bad
>Our experts tell you why Trump is bad
>Trump saved a million jobs, now we tell you why thats bad

It is Marxist

I unironically believe in horseshoe theory - Nazi fucks, Commie fucks - all the same subhuman trash. More likely than not the average immigrant that you bitch and moan about has worked harder in a year than you have your entire life. I don't subscribe to the mentality of race being a fucking sports team jersey - if you want to live in a fucking ethnostate go Japan or kill yourself.

They make shit up all the time. One of my favorite bits in recent history was Dying Rheme interviewing two paid communists trying to explain how outrageous Ben Carson was because he was an unstable person who hated Islam.

All she had to do was stop and ask them to clarify what exactly they had meant by that and there was nothing but stammering and backpedaling. Would have been funny if she pulled the race card.

Get rid of the state
Only solution besides wasting more money on avoiding that
No taxation = no taxations spent on commie propaganda
Just stop being retarded

If you've read Marx then I don't know how you can't see it, shit the NPR article someone just posted can tell you:

>"They were doing a very simplistic application of Karl Marx's dictum: All of history is the struggle between the 'oppressor' and the 'oppressed,' " Huppenthal says. "And they were going to identify whites as oppressors and Hispanics as the oppressed."

Replace Hispanic with PoC and you have the overriding narrative of all NPR commentary nowadays. It's marxist and many of its supporters are openly so

>Neocons are an offshoot of Trotskyites
Beyond your normal everyday autism - this is ADVANCED autism.

You should get your information from a wide variety of sources to help form coherent opinions.

I knew that most of the people who made the content on NPR were definitely liberal, but NPR seemed the least bias. Maybe it was only my area or something but on radio they talked about the Gender Wage gap being a myth. NPR gets most it's funding from outside tax money, like donations and grants.

How is it Marxist if it takes corporate money?

I had no idea you'd be joining us, Peter Hitchens!

Are you morally opposed to the roads that you use every single day, you stupid cuck?

It is pure propaganda.

I used to be an avid listener up until 2015. It used to be fairly objective but they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

You have people coming on talking about 8 year old trans kids being a good thing. All media clips are taken out of context. Might as well be CNN.

And now everything on the channel is political. Can't even listen to NPR Music without getting an earful of anit-Trump shit.

It's good to hear the other sides perspective on things, though I do think it probably should not get money from the feds.

>govt. funded propaganda = govt. funded cement

ok

>tfw This American Life told you how trans kids were going to be the next big thing (they were 4 years old in this case) years before anybody had heard of LGBT.

It's good listening if you know what to listen for.

>8 year old trans kids being a good thing
>Might as well be CNN

Don't smear CNN like that. I don't think even CNN would stoop so low.

Need a pic related for (((NPR))).

Same.
Listened to it for decades, then in about 2011 they went full fucking insane SJW shit. The 2012 election cycle broke them.

commie dope. we grew corn instead of wheat. less wheat grown so prices go up. price of bread goes up so egypt protests in street. NPR uses protest to say look obama bringing hope and change to our muslim brothers. dope.

I used to listen to Media Matters and DemocracyNow all the time. Once Obama won 2008, only DemocracyNow was able to maintain their forever-angst objectivity. Every other media outlet became the same monotone shill they had been arguing against

>Everyone I disagree with is a 'communist'
Did a child write this?

because you learned to use big words but have no reading comprehension. thats a good sign a man is a communist

I see. So the answer to "did a child write this?" was in fact yes. Got it.

tranny detected

You were like me once. NPR presents itself as highbrow, and without context it is. But once you take the blinders off you see it for what it is. Lowest common denominator marxism

Marketplace can be a good place to start. It is indeed kind of a fun bit of newsotainment, especially if the last few segments of All Things Considered were particularly insufferable today.

But once you stop and have a look at actual business news for yourself you realize how silly it is to think you know your shit because you listen to Marketplace.

NPR is a GTA radio station IRL except they are serious. I wish we could vote to defund it cuz its trash