Is Galley Slavery the Most Based/Redpilled Form of Existance?

Think about it

>true sense of brotherhood and community as you row in a unifying force
>true fascist lifestyle, life is constant struggle and pain with your brothers for a common goal
>actually threatening, if the ship goes down everyone dies, no cowarding pussies running away since you're chained to the seat
>must poop and pee exactly where you are forcing you to get used to poop, pee and vomit from the new slaves. This is a true fascist idea since it's the Marxist doctrine that we should form a "utopia" where poop and pee is kept away, a true fascist understands vomit, poop, and pee are a part of life that only pussies are scared of.
>everyones naked so you quickly get used to other men seeing your dick since today men are such pussies afraid of being naked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ax7wcShvrus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galley_slave#Roman_and_Carthaginian_navies
youtube.com/watch?v=EwmTR7sVIPE
youtu.be/1a84UAtdQwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell me this doesn't look fucking awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=ax7wcShvrus

t. watched ben hur for the first time

xD

I did. I learned that galley slaves shit themselves.

Seems more like communism since everyone is equal

this meme needs to die. galley slaves were in reality an extreme rarity and additionally the volunteer galleypersons were highly respected. galley could be a punishment as well, an option given to judges of various societies.

>sweating a lot and getting whipped to ferry some daygo about the Med

I'll pass thanks matey.

Much rather be a based freebooter wrecking spics for based Liz 1.

GSTQ.

Communism is more like a utopia where there is air refreshners everywhere

But the poop thing is true right? They shit their pants.

>classless, money-less society
check
>where everyone is equal
check
>where everyone works together
check
>where the collective owns the means of moving
check
>everyone gets the same treatment, food, and housing
check
>no individual productivity matters, no individual anything matters, no improvement pays off because you own nothing
check

sounds like communism to me
fascists are supposed to have hierarchies
fascists allowed private property, competition, and upward mobility on the hierarchies

f they weren't in combat i would assume that they would be allowed to use whatever the other soldiers and passengers would. however, in combat, speed is the difference between life and death. if they had to shit and were in combat then yes they probably had to shit themselves. but nobody, including the galley officer, would tolerate that in non-combat conditions so the area was most likely cleaned up outside of combat. nobody could work in constant shit/piss conditions. hypothetically, if they left the shit/piss accumulate, it would also cause severe disease to the galley. all of these are reasons why the galley wasn't miserable and filthy.

correction on my first sentence: I'm saying outside of combat, the galley would just shit outside like any other soldier/passenger and then come right back to the galley.

>classless moneyless
As fascist as possible, fascists hated currency since they considered it Jewish usury

>everyone is equal
True

>everyone works together
Fascism

>collective owns the means of production
Nope, the Romans do

>everyone gets the same treatment
False, some slaves didn't speak Latin, some slaves only knew a language that they did and no one beside them so they had no one to talk to ever, they were treated way worse.

Nope. They were chained there 24/7 and even had to sleep in a 90 degree upright position

utterly false =/ again read the thread and historical sources. Ben Hur doesn't count. Galleymen were mostly free men and highly respected navalpersons. they would never have been chained there 24/7 or sleep in upright positions. galley would take sleep shifts and switch out regularly, while waking everyone up for combat. think about what you're saying -- 24/7 chained up?? that is outrageously absurd and inhumane. the rowers would rather drown than continue to be enslaved in a literal shit and piss dungeon while being worked to death. doesn't make sense historically or realistically.

Ok you might be right about it not being true but

>that's outrageouly absurd and inhumane
Romans didn't care about morals or ethics for any "barbarian"

>the rowers would rather drown
Exactly why they chained them to the bench, they couldn't commit suicide via drowning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galley_slave#Roman_and_Carthaginian_navies

>Roman and Carthaginian navies[edit]
In Roman times, reliance on rowers of free status continued. Slaves were usually not put at the oars, except in times of pressing manpower demands or extreme emergency.[2]

>Thus, in the drawn-out Second Punic War with Carthage, both navies are known to have resorted to slave labour. In the aftermath of Cannae, a levy of slaves was equipped and trained by private Roman individuals for Titus Otacilius’ squadron in Sicily (214 BC).[19] After the capture of New Carthage five years later, local slaves were impressed by Scipio in his fleet on the promise of freedom after the war to those who showed good will as rowers.[19] At the end of the war, Carthage, alarmed over the impending invasion by Scipio, bought five thousand slaves to row its fleet (205 BC).[20] It has been suggested that the introduction of polyremes at the time, particularly of the quinquereme, facilitated the use of little-trained labour, as these warships only needed a skilled man for the position nearest the loom[clarification needed], while the remaining rowers at the oar followed his lead.[21]

Nonetheless, the Romans seemed to avoid the use of slave rowers in their subsequent wars >with the Hellenistic east. Livy records that naval levies in the War against Antiochos consisted of freedmen and colonists (191 BC),[22] while in the Third Macedonian War (171 BC–168 BC) Rome’s fleet was manned by freedmen with Roman citizenship and allies.[23] In the final showdown of the civil war between Octavian and Sextus Pompey, the adversaries enlisted among others slaves, but set them free before putting them to the oars,[24] indicating that the prospect of freedom was judged instrumental in keeping the rowers motivated. In Imperial times, provincials who were free men became the mainstay of the Roman rowing force.[25]

~~
also i meant they could stop rowing and let the ship sink.

I already admitted you were right about the history thing, your reasoning was shit though.

Sage this stupid slide thread

yes untersturmfuhrer

enjoy ban

No it isn't. The disease factor alone negates any idea they were chained there 24/7.

XDDDDD
hahahahhaha

Are you so fucking starved of masculinity and strength that you would resort to being a literal slave to experience sweat, hard work and camaraderie?

...the fucking state of men these days.

It's not my fault im genetically like this.

Even your excuses are pathetic.

he is just a larping idiot, lay off. look at his flag. he probably saw Ben Hur and thought "wow my ancestors were badass"

op what did you think would happen here?
>did no research.
>used weak rhetorical technique
>insulted everyone with your stupidity
hopefully you at least learned that lying also takes hard work

full agreement. this thread should end now

>gives a 100% valid reason
>hurr durr excuse
You're mentally ill.

There is a very good poem by Robert Graves which pinpoints a key Bad Thing about being a galley slave:

Thief
-------

To the galleys, thief, sweat your soul out
With strong tugging under the curled whips,
That there your thievishess may find full play.
Whereas, before, you stole rings, flowers and watches,
Oaths, jests and proverbs,
Yet paid for bed and board like an honest man,
This shall be entire thiefdom: you shall steal
Sleep from chain-galling, diet from sour crusts,
Comradeship from the damned, the ten-year-chained –
And, more than this, the excuse for life itself
From a craft steered toward battles not your own.

I actually did do research unlike you

youtube.com/watch?v=EwmTR7sVIPE

>where's the bathroom miss
>oh go right where you're sitting.

I rowed for 2 years and I really enjoyed it. I would have done it in college too but I got health problems. It's a really great sport. Any anons going to college soon should definitely walk on the team. It will seem very hard for the first year or two but it really molds you into an Ubermensch.

NOTE:

first line is of course

"To the galleys, thief, AND sweat your soul out"

stupid site i pasted it from got it wrong Jesus wept they're useless

obviously you need "and" to make it scan

>Fascism is literally slavery
Not a good sales pitch, senpai.

That's just because of the brainwashed masses, who said slavery wasn't good?

I know I am.

youtu.be/1a84UAtdQwM

Damn good music it gets me pumped

sounds more like communism, everyone is employed and sharing everything they own, which is nothing.

Same roach shill, different day.