/zg/ Zoroastrian general

"He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires a greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers."

Welcome to /zg/, Zoroastrian general, how can one think he can have a strong founded belief in a political ideology without having a moral compass?

>Resources on Zoroastrian religion
All info you need here: avesta.org/zfaq.html
Zoroaster's teachings: a.co/dGHf9sk
Recitation of the Yasna: youtu.be/2pKwrgw-PWk?t=1m20s

I set up a Discord that way if you want to ask me something it will make it easier for us to talk. There all also other resources linked there.

>Discord
Code: zAwsCpE

>Frequently asked questions

>I thought conversions aren't allowed
Only the Parsis (Zoroastrians in India) do not allow conversions, and this is not because of teachings but because they
swore never to convert anyone to their religion when they entered India. The Gathas clearly indicate that Zoroastrianism
can be adopted by anyone.

>What is your view on homosexuality.
It is one of the worse sins in Zoroastrianism. Infact you can be executed for it.

>Views on race
Zoroastrians believe that one can only marry within race and religion. Anything else is forbidden.

>Views on God
God is called "Ahura Mazda". He is all good and righteous.In Zoroastrianism there is duality between good and evil. All
pain in suffering in the world is caused by each mans actions. We can either choose to listen to Ahura Mazda, or fall
into deception and deceit and follow the path that leads to destruction.

>Views on afterlife
One who has lived by good deeds and actions will enter into heaven. Those who live by evil deeds will enter hell. There
is a bridge in the afterlife called "Chinvat", the more good deeds you do the wider the bridge will be. The evil deeds
you do make the bridge thiner. If you fall you will fall into the hell until end times when everyone will be purified.

I know some Parsees in India. Based people, very friendly to Christians and redpilled on mudslimes

>Infact you can be executed for it.
I doubt it.

"Four men can be put to death by any one without an order from the Dastur [high priest]: the corpse-burner, the highwayman, the sodomite, and the criminal taken in the deed."

>Iranian diaspora shilling for WN by pretending to be white

"No."

It depends on where you are and such, but it can happen.

Everybody have a bump for the true prophet.

I'm only shilling for God my friend.

Which text is that from? I doubt it's from the Gathas.

Sup Forums isn't just for White supremacists. If you don't like the topic, then just GTFO.

/Zorobro/?

The Vendidad, it's in Fargard VIII.

>>Iranian diaspora shilling for WN by pretending to be white
>"No."

Vikings were described as Zoroastrians by Muslim scholars. In fact, most Germanicist see a keen influence from Zoroastrianism on Germanic religion (particularly as evinced in the Voluspa).

keep the home fires burning pyrobro

bump for followers of the real God

Hey Zoroastrian user, what do you guys think of magic, as you were tightly associated with it in the ancient world.

It's not good to treat all of the Zend-Avesta on the same level as the Gathas. I think some degree of modernization is needed. Also, I prefer Mazdak's reforms to be honest with you.

6 bucks say this shitty general only lasts 4 days max

All these fellow /zorobros/ today. I hate to sound like I'm shilling but I set up a Discord and would like to create a community of fellow Zoroastrians. The code is zAwsCpE

It's been on for a few weeks now.

Answer O Spitama Zarathustra

O Auhura Mazda, maker of the material world, thou Holy One!

>Iranian diaspora rejecting the Islamic yoke of Arab colonization

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Magic as in witchcraft spells are considered sinful and blasphemy towards God.

Jews and Cuckstians ripped off a lot of shit from that religion.

I have the Zend-Avesta.

I have proposed that Zoroaster is identified in the Bible as Melchizedek who was called a high priest and whom Abraham sought a blessing from. Any thoughts? Sorry I keep dumping this on your thread but it seems a good place to discuss

Only thing worse then a shia dog is a majoosi

Doesn't Zoroastrianism says it is holy to have sex with your sibling?

Abraham was most likely born before Zoroaster though Zoroastrianism became an organized religion way before Judaism did.

Ironically this is the most famous Zoroastrian ever.

>Abraham was most likely born before Zoroaster though Zoroastrianism became an organized religion way before Judaism did.

The existence of an historical Abraham is doubtful at best. The Jews has a penchant for fiction--see Exodus. The same cannot be said about Zoroaster.

The three magi kings who worshiped Jesus were also Zoroastrians.

The only thing worse than a sushi dog is a jew

no real evidence abraham existed i dont think

I understand that but was still giving the Bible the benefit of the doubt.

I found out Freddie was dead, gay, and a Zoroastrian in that order.

..in 2009

Seems the Christian god has always been kind to righteous zoroastrians. I always thought it odd Melchizedek being sought for a blessing essentially seeming to be identified as a monotheist and then people like king Darius being kind to the Jews and of course the three wisemen as you say. Avestan seems to have more in common with Christianity than Islam that displaced them but get thrown into the abrahamic umbrella.

>Gay
>Zoroastrian

Pick one and only one.

Could someone knowledgeable recommend a reading order for Zoroastrianism? Not necessarily focusing too much on following the religion in a spiritual sense, but instead getting a pretty complete cultural/literary understanding?

> "He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires a greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers."

BRO!

If you didn't grow them plants for /Ahura Mazda/ then it didn't count. Sorry.

No Melchizedek was an ancient incarnation of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Then who built the Kaaba you dumb fuck?

>persia has always been a barren wasteland
Such faithful people. No wonder the Ummah conquered them and brought them Islam.

Not as far as I know, just a random guy who really likes the man and knows a little history. But if there's more German Zoros on here right now I have likely contributed to that a bit.

The official doctrine is that conversion is a no-go. Why proselytize with a thread?

Find where it says that in scripture.

My recommendations:
1) Zarathustra and Zoroastrianism by Michael Stausberg
2) Richard Foltz's Religions of Iran: From Prehistory to the Present
3) Gathas from the Avesta, avesta.org has a good translation

4) Shahnameh -- does an accurate job detailing Sassanian kingly lineage in 3rd part