What am I missing here?

Just watched President Trump's speech. Here is what I got from it

>Pros
- No more nation building, self determination for afghanistan
- Calling out Pakistan
- Unshackled troops from burdenous regulations

Cons
- We dont know shit about what he plans to do because its strategic not to be open about your plans and strategic to not set arbitrary limits on yourself in conflict

As someone who is pretty much opposed to the wars in the Middle East I see the pros outweighing the cons here. Trump could surge the troops and stuff, but he seems genuinely committed to getting out of that clusterfuck. I am interested to hear what people didn't like about the speech.

Other urls found in this thread:

gertzfile.com/gertzfile/ring033106.html
archive.is/Slj0x
twitter.com/BillGertz/status/899816331033407488
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IM so vehemently against these wars, but unfortunately shitbag mcbush got us into it, and knowing what could happen with a vacuum of leadership, I think it's our responsibility to stay

Pic unrelated

Yeah I kind of see isis as our creation so we should take care of it

yeah i think it was a reasonable speech. the shills are trying to demoralize it. calling him a neocon.

no more nation building was good

Pakistan call out was usual leverage Trump does when he's about to start negotiating something so he arrives on superior footing. He's going to deal some shit with them to final solution the Taliban, and now that India/China are busy trying to kill each other Pakis don't need terrorists to help them troll India anymore.

Trump's general plan is telling the military "You better have this Afghanistan shit figured out in X days" and then allowing them the powers to do whatever they want essentially. It's how he runs most things, granting enormous power to lesser cabinets but placing full responsibility on them which will end in a savage media roasting in Breitbart and other Trump-esque media plus getting fired if they fuck up.

It seemed to me the plan was to final solution the Afghan problem with force then just pack up and leave and say you fix this politically yourself, which is what should have happened in early 2000s instead of trying to 'nation build' and make Derkastan into a carbon copy of the US ignoring what the locals want.

Bretty Gud overall message.
Trump should promote McMaster to 4 star Gen and send his ass to Afghanistan.

>Paki gov't releases the dirt on the Awan bros to appease Trump

If you leave then Europe just gets filled with more Afghani nutjobs. Better to contain them in one area and put an end to the fighting.

If the """Moderate""" govt falls after who gives a fuck, they're sand people and it's their sand let them run it as they see fit so long as they don't fuck with our business

>- We dont know shit about what he plans to d
major con here
No more nation building is great, but then why do we need to be there?
Unshackled troops? They're free to kill indiscriminately? I don't know what to think of this but it doesn't sound good to me. I'm sure some of our military folks will like it though.

It seems to me that we made a huge mess and essentially started isis, and I think trump knows that and wants to clean up our mess and then leave, but he isn't going to tell us how he will do it

You're right, its not nearly s bad as the shills make it out to be. In fact it's downright comfy.

>no more nation building
>troop level rises

Pick one

Bumper crop of Afghani poppy
Harvest-time
on US streets just in time for the holidays

Harvest Time Soma

In Afghan fields poppies grow,
tween the crosses-
row on row.
Watchful eye
dutifully stand;
the poppy po po
is in command.

Unshackled means the local forces are free to make decisions themselves without needing to get approval from politicians. If the military decides to arm the biggest warlord in Afghanistan and help him take over the country to rule the uppity sand people with an iron fist then that is what will happen. If the military decides to chase after the Taliban into Pakistan they likely can.

America last. It's already the longest war in our history. Now he wants to make it longer. If Trump refuses to get us out of the middle east, then I won't vote for him again.

Bannon 2020. The real war is at home. Fight the terrorists already in America.

>clean up our mess and then leave
that's how ISIS was formed. Is Trump going to say "no vilence when we leave this time now guys ok?" I'm sure he's going to leave it up to the military experts but I don't think they have had a plan for the last decade but... this makes more sense. Maybe the experts have a plan this time and will be able to improvise.

Unrestricted warfare
Poppy season
Army Maj. Gen. Benjamin Freakley, the new top U.S. officer in Afghanistan,
offered this picture of the heroin trade there:
"You have a confluence in Helmand of criminals and Taliban and poor farmers, and the poor farmers raise poppy because the Helmand River gives them a water source, the soil is good, and the climate is very good for growing poppy. And so they can produce a rather large amount of poppy with a very small investment of time and labor in their fields.
"That poppy then is produced by primarily narco-trafficking organizations that move it out of Helmand and into other parts of the country and then out of the country. And with the funding that they get, they then can provide money to primarily Taliban, not so much al Qaeda, in Helmand. They can provide funds to the Taliban to recruit fighters, to train fighters, to buy weapons and arms. And in many cases, some of the farmers are threatened by the Taliban to either continue to grow the poppy to generate the funds or face death."
gertzfile.com/gertzfile/ring033106.html
archive.is/Slj0x

That's basically what he said "we will no longer dictate to the Afghani people how to run their country" which means it's glorious dictator time and no pretense of nonsense democracy. Let's be realistic, democracy won't work in that country. They don't respect the weakness of politicians they only respect strongman dictators like Kadyrov, Erdogan, ect.

We're never leaving period. Their is so many young guys on Sup Forums who are full of testosterone who just want to kill. Nothing good can come from us staying in that shithole for another second. 16 years in that shithole simply because the mastermind behind 9/11 was there when the towers fell. We are fighting literal hillbilly's there, they will never give up, it doesn't matter how many of them we kill it will never end. We need to pull out, I don't care if isis takes control or some other Islamic collectivist take over nothing their is worth another life or penny.

twitter.com/BillGertz/status/899816331033407488

Iran and ISIS would both head straight to Afghanistan to wage the biggest proxy terrorist war since Syria if US forces left tomorrow. Millions more rapefugee kebabs would pour into Germany and those cucks would let them in. At least this way Trump saves what little of W Europe remains instead of encouraging a terrorist bonanza free-for-all like Iraq became

i loved it and I even loved that he spoke softly. It is definitely a signal for non brainlets.

I kinda wish he would have flubbed a word right at the end so the media would have something to be mad about but I guess we got that earlier with the eclipse

desu I feel the same way. Should've never gone there period. Should've found Osama, left. No Iraq, no Syria, no Libya etc. But it's our fucking mess.

I don't want to be there at all because we're dying for nothing, but it's our fault for this mess.

I'm not a rabid isolationist, I don't mind these wars as long as they're fought efficiently, minimizing American causalities, and actually serve a purpose that's helpful to America. Like, I understand "killing terrorists" but at this point, how exactly IS staying in Afghanistan making America safer? Most of the terrorists we're dealing with nowadays are, and always have been, coming from the gulf states. If we "win" in Afghanistan, what is there to win?

It is about heroin in America's vein
watch for the spike of overdoses in the upcoming months on the fake news

it's literally nothing. take the shilling on Sup Forums with a grain of salt. fucking concern trolls wanting the US to withdraw its troops so george soros can profit from the collapse of afghanistan

>Whites in America fucking up middle east
>Bin Laden angry
>Sends planes into towers
>Whites invade and steal opiate ingredients
>White deaths of despair increase dramatically
>Bin Laden master of white genocide

Holy shit. Big, big big big.

>Unshackled troops? They're free to kill indiscriminately?

Wtf? All Trump basically said was he wouldn't be Sunday Quarterbacking realtime combat decisions from D.C., not that Duck Hunter would be the new fucking rules of engagement. Fucking hell...

>(((Gertz)))

>why do we need to be there?
Who's gonna keep watch on the poppy fields and smuggle the heroin into the US?

>self determination for afghanistan

loooool

They didn't flee when we invaded.

They didn't flee when the soviets invaded.

They didn't flee when mongols invaded.

They didn't flee when the greeks invaded.

They are stubborn inbred retards who would gladly die for their mud hut and their 20 inbred wives.

I say it's time to cut our losses and get out of Afghanistan.

I'd just like to start off by saying I hope everyone with a confederate flag dies. It was a good message and it's better that we are secretive about the plans to attack. Our troops like myself deserved better than Bush. He fucked this up, Obama made it worse, and now we've got to finish it once and for all. Thank god trump knows how to get the fuck out of the military's way when they're on a mission.

whats wrng with confederate flags

Afghan poppies don't make it here they supply Europe and Iran with heroin. ours comes from Mexico as it's easier to ship. Simple economics.

They actually did flee when Alexander invaded. He was the only one to break them.

kyz zogbot

> it's glorious dictator time and no pretense of nonsense democracy.

pretty much this

Is there any end game plan to any of this?

that is according to the DEA
although 90% comes from Afghan fields

bottom line
drugs fund wars

>But it's our fucking mess.
Yes, it was done under your name and karma agreement.
While pic related rubs his hands.
He couldn't have found a better goy.

pic related 2nd attempt

Every one I talk to hates veterans. They call us zog puppets. I fucking hate nazis. Idc If you want a whiter America but if you're American don't fly a German fucking flag.

Here's the details of it

Trump has completely sold out to the kikes, there is literally nothing good that can come from staying in Afghanistan.

the south is an occupied territory under the boot of the tyrant north, they are flying their colors

will pol wake up to the game being rigged?

That image has been circulating around Sup Forums since at least the time when I first arrived.

This is NOT a difficult concept to grasp. Fucking Republicans need to get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

All of US warmongering is to generate revenue for companies that make the shit you need to occupy a country--planes, guns, gear, etc.

Con — Still lying about 9/11

Why do you think your little opinipn deserved is own thread? Why not post in one of the other threads on the subject?

Why do newfags not lurk more?

LOL we're not nation building, we're just increasing the occupying and advising force so you "self-determine" correctly.

I was really disappointed with the speech, until someone posted this, which I completely missed (probably because I didn't get on the Trump Train until summer 2016).

Hopefully it will work out. I'm skeptical, but will reserve judgment for a few months.

lol you think I'm a newfag

Let me know when he calls out Israel, the actual drain on the United States.

hihi hi nice shirt

Pakistan is now funding not the Taliban in Afghanistan, but ISIS its now in control of the border south of jalalabad.

This could be a real possibility seeing as how he just called out the pakis.

He should have made a hard cut, withdrawing everything and everyone, telling Afghanistan "they're on their own". That took balls cause there's resistance:
-> international community
-> liberals in WH (ivanka/jared/HR)

Personally i think he has softened up and its a horrible decision. AFG is unwinable and a waste of lives and money. This is a bad decision for the American people and a bad decision from Trump.
He tried to find a middle ground on what he said previously and all in all its bad. The only good solution would have been to pull completely out of AFG but he got propably talked out of it / softened by the liberal advisors in the WH.

American heroin comes from Mexico.

he is jewish controlled oposition.
let the liberals sink in the jewery.

Why cant you just leave afghanistan alone?
Let those tribalistic muzzies have their own way with it.

can someone actually provide some hard evidence of israel foul-play/ proof that they are actually a drain on the United States? preferably someone who isn't going to scream ZE JEWZZ! and also preferably someone who isn't going to be a cunt because i honestly want to know why Sup Forums is so terrified of them

>Millions more rapefugee kebabs would pour into Germany and those cucks would let them in

This is going to happen anyway. That's a good thing acceleration wise.