Who else loves /reinforced concrete/? show me your best

Who else loves /reinforced concrete/? show me your best

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ygd_XY6mREM
youtube.com/watch?v=giEfpV8hUwk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That looks depressing as shit.

go hang yourself you commie fuck

I don't have any specific examples but I do enjoy the general aesthetics of brutalist architecture. Looks like a modern day medieval fortress

why does the usa build their homes out of shitty wood and dry wall? why not bricks? doesnt dry wall contain asbestos?

Architecture cuck here

>money and time

Also climate

Why not styrofoam? You save money and time and climate doesn't matter.

I'm not saying that entire cities should be that way. But to me it looks clean and non degenerate.

surrounded by nature looks great desu

>dreary
>grey
>scale doesn't inspire wonder
>speaks nothing to the soul
Terrible.
This depressing shit kills a country spiritually.

Drywall doesn't contain asbestos. Properly framed houses aren't bad by any means, and brick houses have plenty of their own issues.

Really the biggest issue is that we're using new growth timber, and genetically engineered trees that don't have the density that mature pines had 100 years ago. There are no uniform building codes at the federal level, its state level issue, but theres plenty we could do to improve the strength of structures. Every stud should have one Kreg screw into the header and footer. Hurrican clips should be applied liberally. Exterior sheeting can be higher quality product, but ultimately we should move away from cheap aluminum and vinyl siding before we change anything else.

OP is the Spanish communist poster who posts commie general threads.

Climate as in the local weather conditions of the structure

Styrofoam does not insulate fire well, is poisonous and weak structurally.

Not all American houses are made like that, brick houses are just more expensive, take longer to build, and have no real structural benefits.

yeah I know

post-modernist shit

Bricks being porous will let moisture through, they insulate poorly and still require vapor barrier, if you want high R value insulation you basically need to use spray insulation, and that means you get none of the aesthetic value of brick unless you build another interior wall in front of the foundation wall. Brick is also a tremendous undertaking to fix when you get a crack as the house ages and settles.

Looks like a prison wherever you go,bland and soulless

I live in a commie block,considering suicide atleast 3 times a day.

>mfw I unironically like grey
>mfw the only architectural style that appreciates big blocky concrete block is cuck-tier brutalism
>mfw will never have dream bunkerhouse

>scale doesn't inspire wonder

This is the number one failing of virtually all brutality architecture.
If you're going to design a building in a architectural style that is supposed to appear monolithic, stark and foreboding, DON'T FUCKING USE IT ON SQUAT, SMALL BUILDINGS.

Modernism is cancer, helicopter rides are the answer.

No I'm not.

That's a prison.

I'm talking about a big house in the woods made of concrete. After a few years nature would invade and would be confy as fuck.

yes you are

I'm more of a wrought iron man myself.

yeah they can look nice when surrounded by nature and tress

modern conceptual architecture can be pol approved.

Btw what youre talking about is called Brutalism or Brutalist Architecture

This guy was about 500 feet from ground zero at Hiroshima when the bomb was dropped. He was in a reinforced concrete building. He survived without serious injury and lived another 36 years, dying of natural causes well into his 80s.

If Pol had their own ethnostate, Brutalist architecture should be erected everywhere.
Take the grey pill, goys

Why do (((they))) want the whole world to look like shadow moses?

I love them. Not big commie blocks. Small house with lots of glass.

It would be a mix of brutalism, classicism and nordic mudhuts.

that's because concrete still has lots of water in it for about 100 years it doesn't completely dry. water blocks radiation real well.

They just end up looking dirty.

looks like DayZ

Fuck I hate Boston City Hall. The plaza feels like some kind of Eastern European former Soviet hellscape. Here's the Boston Federal Reserve building, possibly the only uglier building in the city.

FUCK YA!! I love brutalism!Buffalo City Court Building . Darth Vaders castle.

Pic related is Buffalo City hall,which I think applies.

This makes me feel physically sick
why would someone do such a thing

>Who else loves
I appreciate that you asked this instead of asking
>Am I the only one who loves

>asbestos. No
>allows much cheaper square footage. Alot of houses will be bricked in front only

Wood is cheap and plentiful. It works so it's used. It's also many times faster. Theres going to be a huge move towards SIP panels ,which are even faster.l amd more durable!

>Buffalo City hall
This is art deco, burger.

Yes yes it all looks beautiful, but can you imagine the maintenance cost of something like the old building? Facade cleaning, masonry, not to mention the difficulty of bringing heavy equipment to the top floors (no lifts in a building like that) or carrying out electric installation upgrades.

You people masturbate over old buildings, but businesses aren't willing to set shop in them because of the extra costs involved in doing that. The solution could be the government paying for their maintenance, but are YOU willing to pay more taxes to see that happen?

It's a question of embedding it properly into a land- or city-space. The government quarter in Berlin, with the new (new) chancellory and the building for the members of parliaments on the other side of the road, look quite nice even though they're little more than reinforced concrete, steel and glass.

You will love Stockholm University
youtube.com/watch?v=ygd_XY6mREM

Nice Zombie proof house
Check this one out
youtube.com/watch?v=giEfpV8hUwk

We pay taxes for that and seem to get by just fine

Was once the largest reinforced concrete bridge in Europe, until NATO bombed the fuck out of it.

Believe it or not... We could make traditional looking building that are also functional in the current year.
Sure it costs more, but I'd be willing to absorb the extra cost to make building look beautiful.

Because in America the middle class actually has enough purchasing power to see homes as semi-disposable.

The real estate market there is so healthy most eurocucks, and that includes my countrymen, can't understand they don't see housing as we do.

You see in Europe people are so fucking poor and over-taxed that homes are kept for generations as some kind of family fortune. Houses are built to last 100 years because the market is so byzantine families often do stay 100 years living in the same fucking place.

A young professional in America can move to 5 different places within the first ten years of his career and finding cheap and spacious home isn't even a concern. It's like looking for a new internet provider. In Europe before accepting a job offer in a different city we need to double check if our budget will let us find a place that isn't a fucking shoebox tucked under a bed with a bicycle rack outside. But hey it's all good because MUH BRICK AND MORTAR amiritre?

The porosity of brick doesn't really matter. Weep holes take care of that. I've installed thousands of rockwool batts into cavity walls and it really isn't an issue honestly.

It's very aesthetically pleasing aswell.

>concrete
>no tadao ando.jpg

Fuck man..I know but it's my favorite building and deserves to be amongst it's brutalist cousins.

Post your cities university and compare architecture

almost as good as dry concrete.

I think that's partially true but stick built houses last 100 years too. There are plenty of people living in early 1900 homes after renovating the fuck out of out.

Masonry structures obviously fair better but they still have roof ,wiring, plumbing,problems after a few decades.
If you want a house that'll last hundreds of years built a reinforced concrete structure with basalt rebar and a thick stone facade

The imposing concrete style is called Brutalism I think. Honestly if you look at all 20th century architecture styles every single one of them has an evil element to it. I think all architects are wannabe Disney villains. Look at this 21st century architect shit for example.

Fucking aesthetic

its like if you drew a picture of a building, scrunched up the paper and got someone to build that

If GFRC wasn't so heavy I'd build a house out of it. Too bad I live in a fucking swamp.

Surely rockwool is the worst type of insulation to use in an outer cavity wall? It gets wet and it slumps down. It also transfers moisture from the outer skin to the inner skin.
Also low tier insulation value.
Polyurethane boards are the way to go.

Concrete slabs, but still god tier.

I don't know what kind of concrete they used but my gut tells me this will crack under the weight of a single coffee cup.

An architect's whet dream
A structural engineer's nightmare

Communist Stonehenge?

wet*
what on earth made me type "whet"?

Ah, splendidd German/Austrian design cast in the finest Yugoslavian concrete.

nah, just the result when you let a cubist sculptor design a church.

didn't even use to have the windows iirc, but it was just too cold and drafty. brutalist architecture, yet everything but practical.

I'm not a fan of mastodontic-souless buildings. But for a single house I find it perfect. The structural possibilites of concrete are endless.

Concrete also emits radiation

They could at least put some paint/wallpaper on the inside

if you want good protection get a job inside of one of the many hydroelectic dams here in the usa. they are so big that they haven't dried yet. i bet they have bunkers in them as well because of the fact they don't need electricity.

Gray is a colour, why do you want another one? Are you some kinda fruit?

The middle picture is concrete I like.

This is what I imagine a re-education facility looks like (it actually looks a bit like the one in A Clockwork Orange)

Soul-crushing, sad.

I fucking love me some brutalism

>be boxer
>get hit in the head
>become (((minimalist))) architect

The right kind of concrete mix with plasticizer and glass fibers can be extremely strong, check Trinix videos on jewtube to see how it's done.

Gray is a shade, not a colour.

>imposing as fuck
>laughs at conventional bombs
>impossible to remove

>Chad Flakturm vs. Virgin B-24

Absolutely breathtaking

>brutalist architecture

Remember when we used to make reinforced concrete buildings look acceptable?