Why did blacks culturally appropriate blues from whites?

Irish and Scottish slaves taught black slaves how to play guitar. The blues pentatonic scale is just the Irish folk pentatonic scale with one extra note added, possibly by a white guitarists, possibly a black student.

I think the multiculturalism of blues and jazz is great. Black musicians adopted Celtic music traditions as their own. Do they properly attribute the origin of blues to Celts though?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dq_S4dxZt4
dstormer6em3i4km.onion.cab
youtu.be/RVmkCfrhqns
youtube.com/watch?v=wgT3Fo5BLTs
youtube.com/watch?v=veam26T9WR4
youtu.be/8tkVz3GhxeI
youtu.be/7tm-9t-ZF2s
youtu.be/kbtHLlgD6nQ
youtu.be/YdA1_2HHu_o
youtu.be/w1I2nCAaodI
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_Square
youtu.be/yUSyJKElXos
youtube.com/watch?v=8uOy3WdT3mY
youtube.com/watch?v=XW-G0saFB2M
youtube.com/watch?v=mnAB_cea5jU
youtube.com/watch?v=nl7axmO4A24
youtu.be/1T9VvaKNW28
youtu.be/BH-jVncTJbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

GAS THE JAZZ

I have never associated Celtic music with jazz. Mostly because most Celtic music doesn't focus on "hard" beats

Neither does jazz you retard. And that has nothing to do with the scale used to make the music either

Any sauce?

This is common knowledge among Scottish musicians.

They still play waulking music in some places.

You do know there were stringed instruments in africa right?

Can you not google two scales and compare? Rub some brain cells together faggot

This has no application to the topic at hand. Blues is played on the white mans instrument with white man scales. Clearly blacks didnt give a shit about they instrumints

Jazz is fucking stupid.

They did the same with fried chicken.
Surprise, niggers steal everything.

>I'm going to insult anyone who disagrees with me
Musical scales don't belong to anyone. Now you're just being retarded

Blues doesn't come from the guitar you fucking retard. It's heart and soul comes from the rhythm and people that are down on their luck, or Blue. Sorry you/re a fucking retard that thinks musical genres are determined by scales used.

Youre right. Music has nothing to do with the notes used to play the music

Also blues as a genre is determined by using blues scales. I hope you're not this stupid. Am i being trolled or are you nigger

If I played a blues song in a march rhythm, would it still be blues?

It has to do with a LOT more than the notes played. I'm sorry you don't actually know anything about music. What you're saying is equivalent to anyone using a dorian scale is playing classical. You're a retard.

>black
>blue
>white

Can you guys stop with the colours for once?

If i played a guitar solo in a rock song using blues scales is that playing the blues? Because according to everyone in existence it is.

Yes when you listen to a piece of music the first thing that comes to mind is that it reminds you of the origins of Scottish people and how a group of blacks stole from them rather than the music itself.

You're avoiding my question by asking another question. The answer to yours, it's a bluesy inflection on a rock song. If I went and played a Louie Armstrong song at 144 bpm, it would be a completely different song

>Aerosmith is a Blues Band.
Brad Whitfield will even tell you that.

It wouldn't be a bluesy inflection of the scales were part of the definition of the genre. There. The conversation is now over.

Africans invented banjo's and harmonicas, totally

Tyrone is an irish name coming from Tir owen or land of owen

youtube.com/watch?v=5dq_S4dxZt4

>we wuz

>fried chicken is Celtic
>proto-jazz and proto-blues is Celtic
>even rapping is Celtic
>niggers stole it all

dstormer6em3i4km.onion.cab

They unironically do you tard. Educate yourself. You've simply been fooled into a false conception about he nature of all important social constructs and institutions so you don't feel any pride in them and don't mind them being perverted and destroyed.

it's a fine line between sarcasm and truth

US HUWHITE PEOPLE CREATED MUSIC N SHIT
youtu.be/RVmkCfrhqns

>Point out that there's a pattern in genres due to influence and generational instruction
>Blacks wig out saying the beat is different, so it's different regardless.
It's always about that "beat" innit? You fucks sample your betters from the 60s/70s and rehash it as hip hop and think you invented a totally new brand?

That's just musical plagiarism.

youtube.com/watch?v=wgT3Fo5BLTs

youtube.com/watch?v=veam26T9WR4

OK, sure, not the 'same', but one influenced the other. Blues was not invented in Africa. It was invented in the melting pot of the American south. I wonder how many poor whites from Ireland/Scotland/UK ended up in the south... hmmm.

If you're so petty that you don't want to even give Blacks Jazz, you have way bigger problems.

Niggers stole the banjo from Celts!

give Blacks Jazz

>Celtic music doesn't focus on "hard" beats
You dont know much about music, do you?

Pentatonic scale are notes/tones based on intervals NOT fucking rhythms

Jazz isnt defined by either.
Blues are traditionally defined by a simplistic 12-bar sequence (I-IV-V chord progression)

If the Celts are responsible for Pentatonic scale, then yes, the delta blues (pentatonic scale is the skeleton/framework of this) originated from them.

It isnt some conspiracy....just fact

>Irish and scottish slaves
>slaves
What?

>Musical scales don't belong to anyone
Do you know what a scale is?

What region do you think of when you here this?
youtu.be/8tkVz3GhxeI

Yeah because blacks never go on about how they made rock even though they've had jackshit to do with it for ages.

...oh, wait

A song is defined by its chord progression

So, yes.....a 12-bar blues is a 12-bar blues is a 12-bar blues

You can play it fast or slow, but it is fundamentally the same

youtu.be/7tm-9t-ZF2s

youtu.be/kbtHLlgD6nQ

youtu.be/YdA1_2HHu_o

Huh... Didn't know about indentured servitude, did ya?

>origins of Scottish people
Well, dunce that isnt what OP said, was it?

He said the musical scale that delta blues is based on originated from the Celts

youtu.be/w1I2nCAaodI

What is Chuck Berry you faggot.

>black slave owners
I am sure that these black slave owners were simply In charge of white people's property because a. The black slave owner will have better relations with the workers making them more productive and less likely to cause less trouble, b. It was Impossible for the big 1860s slave owners to properly manage all the dozens of plantations ge owned with the technology available so they hired "managers" to own and take care of the property and give the majority of profits to them. Kind of like how a medieval lord distributes the land between his subjects. And again, black puppet owners If I can call them that had better relations with the rest of the slaves so the more open minded of plantation owners must have chosen black puppets over white ones who were likely abuse and piss off the slaves. They were property and whites were likely to damage the property.
I could be horribly wrong though this Is all speculation

It isn't too far-fetched to believe some of that happened. Usually, it was an Uncle Tom on the farm working for their owner that made "race relations", so to speak.

However, pic related is the pioneer of slavery in the United States. You are not allowed to know this or be taught it in schools in the USA, as it would cause too many youths to ask too many questions about the more accurate version of history - instead of that "Gone With the Wind" shit everyone's been indoctrinated with.

Man they claim niggers invented BBQ. NIGGERS. INVENTED. MEAT. OVER. FIRE. And of course the white man stole that too so blues and its actual roots are a gimmie

I saw my grandma reading Uncle Tom's cabin when I visited her a few days ago. We talked a bit about slavery which made me want to read the book Itself. I'll probably start reading It In the following days after I finish 1984. Does It really have an accurate pirtrayal of the slave life

>Do they properly attribute the origin of blues to Celts though?
No, they don't

>Da whyte Mang be steelin' our music n sheeit

What is Congo Square
You.dumb.faggots

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_Square

youtu.be/yUSyJKElXos

Irish, Scottish and American folk (and subsequently blues) are so fucking interconnected that it would take a literal deaf retard to not hear the connection.

shhh they weren't supposed to know about the extra note

The white man even invented rap and wearing low slung baggy trousers.
youtube.com/watch?v=8uOy3WdT3mY

The blues is the name attributed to a piece of music that uses the blues scale. Cry more thief

There is no "blues scale", but there is a minor pentatonic scale, and blues uses what is called a "blue note" which is the note between the fourth and the fifth

There's so much conjecture these days about what the United States was like with slavery, and how slavery was in the USA in comparison to other nations before us. Novels like that were oft the works of imaginative narratives backed with circumstantial (sometimes, substantial) evidence to invoke feelings of shame and anger to move people to action.

I'm sure there were "slaves" that were treated well; as some people were conscious about treating humans like humans. I'm sure there were slaves that were worthless property and discarded the moment they even flinched in rebellion. I'm sure, also, there was every in between and the average was somewhere between those extremes - treated worse than humans, but better than dogs. In the south, there wasn't industrialization. In the north, "slavery" was seen as an antiquated practice because all the major crops weren't grown there.

One thing important to remember is that it tarnished the nation with a great deal of nonsensical historical inaccuracies and revisionism, and impetuous political movements that the truth of truths is forever lost in those that died on battle fields in a civil war; their perspectives were to annulled in the views of the "victors" scripting a narrative of a healing nation finding itself under the guidance of "The Union"; or rather, the New Republic. Remember, these "victors" waged an economic war long before slavery was introduced as a conduit; 2 years into the actual war which those "victors" fired the first shot.

People really and truly forgot about poor white trash. People really and truly forgot about the concept of a Republic where States Rights was the rule of law, and not the exception. People really and truly forgot that brothers killed each other over Federalism vs Republicanism.

Lincoln himself considered the pros of deporting the droves of blacks "back to Africa" as a reconciliatory move. Regardless of your views, one thing's for certain:
Too bad that idea was scrapped.

Ie the "blues scale".

>There's so much conjecture these days about what the United States was like with slavery
Because blacks can't be troubled to read, their ability to comprehend is relegated to watching videos. Not documentaries or lectures, mind you, but dramas. Therefore, all the understand is "Roots" level of codified caricatures of events distilled for idiots.

youtube.com/watch?v=XW-G0saFB2M

this celtic jazz shit is pretty nice to listen to

Their similarity is undeniable, but do you have any hard evidence that blacks were taught thsi by the Irish?

They were both slaves and are both niggers. You could say niggers invented it and never be wrong.
T. 10% Irish Nigger DNA

My grandmother was basically an indentured servant up until 1940s. I can assure you that poor whites and blacks have been living in close proximity for quite some time.

Why do you think there was such calamity in the USA in the 50s/60s over race? Many of those poor whites felt as though they had finally clawed their way out of the scum of poverty through sheer will and determination, only to see their efforts be undermined by a movement solely dedicated to propping yet another underclass they viewed as being even beneath them; which was as reversely humbling as it was denigrating.

I mean, fuck. These people didn't even want to associate with the poor whites they left behind on the fields, let alone see blacks dragging them back into the political fold. In the 1930s/40s, there were actual civil war veterans still walking around. Now that they were getting a taste of what was to become "mainstream" in the USA (house, car, radio), they were watching their old culture be adopted into song/dance for mass consumption by a public very ignorant of its origins and bastardizations by people of other backgrounds.

Even back then they knew that there would be generations of people that had no idea where bluegrass, country, blues, jazz, contemporary, big band, and rock would even originate from.

Just like there is an entire generation of people living on this planet, right fucking now, that never knew a world without the internet.

Think about that shit for second.

youtube.com/watch?v=mnAB_cea5jU

Irish folk it's very different to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nl7axmO4A24

Just listen by yourself.

This it's really good, thanks.

Look at congo square ya dumb nigger
African beats fused with celtic melodies and Caribbean percussion

You people should look into the history of American music.
"Blues" really didnt become a thing until almost the turn of the 20th century.

youtu.be/1T9VvaKNW28
youtu.be/BH-jVncTJbg