This is fine to buy in Austria

European gun control thread. What's your country's stance on guns?

Here in Austria, not really hard to get a WBK (weapon ownership license). If you are in a rural area and have grown up in a hunting culture, you will pass the hunting exam anyway at some point, which means the only additional thing that has to happen is you need to be 21 to get the card.

Then you can own all types of guns except so-called "war weapons" (rocket launchers, fully automatic machine guns etc.) and pump guns. You can own semi-auto rifles including e.g. AR-15 type rifles, MP-5s, Steyr AUGs, large calibre rifles, revolvers, semi-auto handguns, etc.

If you are just 18 and don't want to get a hunting license or a gun club license, you can walk into a shop and buy (with a 3day cooling off waiting period) any rifle of any calibre without a magazine, i.e. any rifle as long as you have to reload them manually (be it one barrel or double barrel).

P.S. only caveat is that for semi-auto rifles such as the AR-15, the gov believes the standard NATO 7x62 rounds are "war weapons" so only allows a smaller .22 or .223 or .308 WIN calibre ammo.

Other urls found in this thread:

suisse-epolice.ch/epolice/epolice/Waffenerwerb.html
waffenmarti.ch/shop/waffenerwerb/waffenerwerb-wegleitung-waffenerwerbsschein.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related guns are available free for everyone aged 18 and above. Austria also has gun ranges to shoot your guns.

In switzerland you basicly can buy bolt action rifles and breach loaders just like that as well (as long you dont have a criminal record), for everything else you dont need a license but a "permit" for each firearm you want to buy, it cant be denied and you dont need a test or anything.

Also you got to keep your service rifle at home, CC is a nono

>for everything else you dont need a license but a "permit" for each firearm you want to buy, it cant be denied and you dont need a test or anything.
Do you have a link for that? I thought Switzerland has adopted the minimum EU standards (which Austria has also adopted), i.e. requiring people to do the Waffenbefaehrungstest and psych check for anything outside of bolt action rifles / breach loaders except for hunters, who can buy anything outright without any checks whatsoever.

suisse-epolice.ch/epolice/epolice/Waffenerwerb.html
waffenmarti.ch/shop/waffenerwerb/waffenerwerb-wegleitung-waffenerwerbsschein.html

No need for a test for owning (carrying and selling is a different issue tho)

Thanks, interesting. I always thought it is just easier in Switzerland to get the hunting license / gun club license - I did not know that you can just buy 3 firearms by just getting the Waffenerwerbsschein.

What happens if you want more than 3 guns?

You need another Waffenerwerbsschein.

Thing is that getting a sporting or hunting license is faster on the longer watch then applying for each 3 guns depending on where you are

So you can have 308 but not 7.62 NATO? They're the same thing. Same with 223 and 5.56. Is this another case of governments not being very well educated on guns? You also mention you can't own "pump guns". Why would this be?

We can buy same guns as Americans but for permit you have to be part of hunting club or some reservist group. We had much relaxed gun control back in 90's but social-democrats fucked us over. My dad still has CCW. I hope Mestari Halla-aho will relax gun control when he is elected as PM. He likes guns and had media screeching autistic maximus when he wondered how it would feel like to shoot a homo in the head.

Gun rights stand and fall with CC, i envy your old man

I was waiting for someone to say this, does that mean I can buy rounds labeled .308 or .223 so long as they dont specify NATO on it?

>So you can have 308 but not 7.62 NATO? They're the same thing.

Yes, because 7.62 is "war ammo" while they think .17, .22, .223, .308 etc. is not. It is weird.

What's it take to qualify and how much tax do you pay?

What are restrictions on liscening ?

Where I live anyone over 18 can buy that for cash from another private citizen

No liscence, no tax, no background check, no registry, no state sanctioned stores.

Cash

>You also mention you can't own "pump guns". Why would this be?
Someone in the ministry watched too much Terminator 1 in the 1980s (Arnie is a big hero here in Austria). And they feature a "pump gun" which looks "very dangerous". So they outlawed it in the 1980s.

Not even kidding, it was really outlawed after Terminator 1 got out.

i could get a farming or hunting rifle, but that's really about it. protection isn't a valid reason to get a gun in this country, you gotta be a farmer or hunter or something to get one.

Its funny how it seems the ones that know damn near the least about guns get to legislate them.

>I can buy rounds labeled .308 or .223 so long as they dont specify NATO on it?
Yes, pretty much. Look at pic related, that is perfectly fine. It doesn't say NATO on it, does it?

Even funnier is 6.5 creedmoor is essentially target .308 and .308 is civillian 7.62x51 NATO.

>What's it take to qualify and how much tax do you pay?
for a hunting license - you need to pass a test. Mostly about how to kill prey and then how to correctly take out the organs and how to handle your rifle and pistols. It is very locally driven, if you have roots in the community, you just get the hunting license when you are 18 or 21 (depending on the district). There is no tax, just some stamp fee.

>What are restrictions on liscening ?
Criminal convictions are a no no, age 21 or 18. For hunting license look above. for gun club license, they also need a written form signed by a psychologist that you are not currently treated for psychosis.

>Where I live anyone over 18 can buy that for cash from another private citizen
Same here in Austria. But you need that little card (hunter or gun club member). You don't need the card for manual loaded rifles.

>No liscence, no tax, no background check, no registry, no state sanctioned stores.
Doesn't this depend on your state? Like in NY, they got pretty bad gun control laws with background checks, cool off periods, outlawing carrying of guns etc.?

Aren't most .308 loads more powerful than bulk 7.62x51?

>Its funny how it seems the ones that know damn near the least about guns get to legislate them.
It is not really a law, but a regulation. The ministry can specify which guns they want to outlaw - and well, someone thought a pump gun and any gun with 7.62 NATO ammo is bad.

>weapon ownership license

Yes it does everything in the USA is dependent on the state

Mine has almost no restrictions on guns

Peope literally pay to keep and shoot guns in this states that are illegal in their home states

Remember that it's not just about buying guns. It's a whole package. You gotta know if the laws in your country allow you to carry them in public, or concealed carry. And also look up your self defense laws, make sure you will not get screwed over when Achmed breaks into your house and you plug him full of buckshot.

Likely so seeing as how .308 is more a good standard hunting round while 7.62 NATO is for killing people. 6.5 is simply more geared for target or competition shooting from what I've read.

Yeah cause I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb is 5.56 > .223
.308 > 7.62x51
So you shouldn't fire 5.56 out of a gun that is only stamped for .223 and you shouldn't fire .308 out of a gun that is only stamped for 7.62x51

Well what would be a difference between law and regulation on this? You'd get in deep shit if you had something either prevented right?

>And also look up your self defense laws, make sure you will not get screwed over when Achmed breaks into your house and you plug him full of buckshot.

Austria has one of the toughest self defense laws in Europe, pretty much "stand your ground" PLUS defend your property. There have been lovely cases where thiefs have been running away with stolen jewellery from a shop and the shopowner took out his Glock ran out and shot the guy in the back. It is perfectly legal to do so - I am not joking. As long a you have a reasonable belief the thief is running away with more than a de minimis amount (should be above a few hundred euro, e.g. your wallet or some jewellery, but not some gum or a snickers), you can shoot to kill to stop him running away.

P.S. attached a typical AR-15 in the "Behoerdenversion" (gov. authorized version), i.e. a calibre .223, which is fine for most sports shooters.

noguns

this is correct.

btw, mostly noguns itt.

Well not exactly. You really shouldn't but you still can run 5.56 in a 223 and 7.62 in a 308. Biggest difference is one is mil spec which makes the rounds a hair warmer and not EXACTLY the same. That's why its best to pick up an AR chambered for 5.56 and not 223. The 223 will run mostly fine but it wears it out quicker and you may have some issues with feeding and such.

SAAMI says shooting .308 out of a 7.62x51 chamber doesn't matter.

Got and ID? No felonies? Not insane? Step on up and buy and AR. This is Texas and I love it.

Law is passed by parliament, regulation is just passed by some fuckers at the ministry.

Yes, you can get in trouble either way, but regulations can more easily be challenged in court, as they are usually fucked up when written.

In any event, gun violations in Austria are administrative laws only (except for shooting people), which means max you can get is a fine of a few euros... and depending on the offense, you could get your rifle taken away (e.g. if you own an outlawed AR-15 with NATO 7.62 ammo.

Try again

The standard is 7.62 x 51; there are also 7.62 x 39 available here.

So at least you have a sliver of hope you can get away with having a MEAN SCARY 870!!!!

total bullshit you dumbass. 556 is loaded hotter than 223 while 308 is hotter than x51. there's a pressure difference and has absolutely nothing to do with wearing anything out. now stfu.

>No felonies? Not insane?
They check that now in Texas? Is that constitutional?

noguns

Currently we can buy pretty much anything with a regular shall-issue sporting licences, including ar-15s with standard capacity magazines, akms, handguns, rifles up to .408 chey-tac and .416 barret (.50 bmg is restricted to the military).
Of course things will change when the eu directive that cucks approved will be enacted.

We have a few silly restrictions in place, like the one on 9x19mm, which is restricted to police use only (we use 9x21 imi instead).

Most all articles I've read say as such. So fuck you too you ass. There's always one that has to come in and be a shit.

I went into a gun shop in Finland when I was visiting and was pleasantly surprised at the selection.

>all articles I've read say as such
you're a fucking liar. it's just not true and saying you "read articles" is total bullshit and you know it. look it up you dumbass, all data is readily available. now explain how 223 wears an AR out more than 556, i'm waiting you fucktard.

I said 556 wears shit out faster you cuck.

>constanza-swinging.jpg
What harm can you do with 9mm?

*the 223 RIFLE

Been thinking about getting a Smith and Wesson Governor with some PDX1 rounds soon.

Not that hard here

Why not a judge? Just trust S&W more?

Taurus is Brazilian.

>including ar-15s with standard capacity magazines
Which ammos?

Here in Slovakia you must have a license. Good news is that you can get CC. You can also get pretty much any rifle or gun that does not allow burst or full-auto.

There is a medical examination, psycho testing, and exams regarding your rights, police rights, firearms construction, safety and treating gun-related injuries. It is pretty safe to say that violent, volatile, or low IQ people do not stand a chance.

>What harm can you do with 9mm?
Why would you ask? .22 and 9mm are different calibers. You can do more harm with a 9mm standard issue, but there are different ammo forms even for .22.

/k/ just had a Switzerland meetup last week, those fuckers were armed to the teeth for Euros. Lots of nice Sigs and FALs

So American companies then? Alright fair enough. I've been eyeing the Judge Magnum. The one that shoots 454, 45, and 410.

Sweet

too bad it's just a .22lr

ok explain that you dumbass.

Post pic

that's a .22

Meh, I'm interested in the PDX1 rounds because they're like a slug and pellets combined. Main idea is to carry it in my vehicle in case I get mugged.

Because 5.56 is a hair warmer (not 1000 psi or nothing). I've also seen places that say its dimensions aren't quite the same and cause issues but I've seen 223 ARs run 5.56 fine so it seems a more proceed at your own risk sort of thing. Better to stick with manufacturers specs like with anything. This is all info I've found on the internet from various sites so call fake news or whatever. Still doesn't make you any less of a cunt.

lol is still googling for an answer

So anyone can obtain a sports license to get a gun?

Unless you have a LTC (License to Carry) you go in to a gun store, pick your gun, fill out the background check, let them call it in, pay, walk out the door. Provided you pass the background check.
If you have a LTC, go in to shop, pick gun, fill out background check paperwork, pay, walk out the door.
If you have a LTC in Texas you still have to fill out the paperwork, but they do not have to call it in since you have already proven your legality in owning a gun by having the license, which allows you to carry a pistol on you either concealed or open.
No license is required to carry a rifle out in the open in Texas.

Fairly good option. A bit on the high end from what I remember but to each their own.

>that's a .22
Yes, it is a .22. It is a small calibre rifle for training purposes (.22 is cheap in Austria, 6-8 euros for 100 rounds).

Most semi-auto rifles sold in Austria are .22, .223/5.56 NATO. Some are .308, but rarely, as not required for target practice. As said above 7.62 NATO is outlawed for non-sensical reasons.

Mainly .223 or .308. But weird meme calibers like .300 aac or 6,8 spc are also available.

In Estonia you need a permit to own a firearm, to get the permit you need to do a firearm knowledge test and then a live fire test to prove you can aim well enough, also a medical checkup.

you cant have anything full auto but everything else is fine, so semi auto AKs and such are totally ok

Also concealed carry is not even a special permit but the default state of gun ownership here, so if you have a permit for a gun you can conceal carry anywhere

More pressure= more wear on the parts

Just kys, fgt.

>too bad it's just a .22lr
You can have a .308 too. Also MP-5s in .308.

>tfw the only legal self defense here is giving someone breaking into your house a few slaps.
Wish I was making it up but those were the words of the prime minister.

How about no, you enormous faggot.

Yep and if I remember right all Thier bullets are kept in an armory

Not anyone. You need to have a squeaky clean criminal record and no history of mental illness. If you meet those requirements you are all set.

You're the one that came in like a cock hungry homo so fuck off.

Why don't you e*rofags actually use your guns for something good for once, lmao

dimensions depend on the mfg, pressure is higher, you still need to explain what part wears out, the buffer spring? the difference in pressure are not relevant to wear for 99.9% of all the parts affected, not more than using a suppressor or different length barrels anyway. now please stop embarrassing yourself.

alright, here we go:
>permits to own are shall issue and fairly easy to get
>can own up to 6 pistols, 3 "generic firearms" (blanket term for "scary guns I don't like but are still technically legal"), and as many fudd guns as you like, limit can be lifted with collector's license but you can't own ammo for those
>can own up to 1000 unregistered shotgun shells (1500 if registered), 200 registered pistol rounds and 1500 registered rifle rounds, limit can be extended with special license for competition shooters
>also ammo bought at the range doesn't count
>5.56x45 NATO banned, 9mm Para banned for semi-auto pistols (settle with 9mm Jew, you filthy peasant) because reasons
>suppressors de facto banned (again, because reasons)
>can only hunt with fudd guns
>SBRs, SBSs banned
>mag limit is 5+1 for semi-auto rifles (unregistered, 29+1 if registered), 15 for pistols (unregistered, 20 if registered), 3 for shotguns (only for hunting)
>every gun has to be registered
>weapon registries
>fucking weapon registries: if you have bad luck, an SKS can be considered a salt weapon
>carrying is may issue and only given to security guards and important people (and they can only carry either a pistol or a shotgun, depending on the license)
>self-defense laws are pretty shit
>ammo is pretty expensive
>most mods are allowed but you can't remove the stock and need a medical permit to get a shorter one (only given to manlets)
and here's the kick: they're about to get even worse because of the fucking bongs

>No license is required to carry a rifle out in the open in Texas.

Open carry is allowed, what about concealed carry? Open carry in malls allowed?

This true Swissfags/?

why cant you own pump shotguns? how do you hunt birds????

orly? how would that work? which parts exactly? what if i use 223 and have a suppressor? how does that affect the pressure?

absolute bullshit.

I actually have a (walther made) HK MP5 in 22lr, but over here to have it configured like OP pic would require an extra tax stamp that you have to pay $200 for and wait for approval. (it's considered a short barreled rifle). The one I have has a cheesy fake suppressor/barrel shroud to pull the barrel out to 16" which is the minimum length for a rifle here (since it has a stock)

You can have all types of small firearms and hunting rifles in UK. The only restricted offensive weapons are knives, sharp sticks and bicycle wheels.

>even ARs and AKs with standard capacity mags
what the fuck are you on about? our limit is 29, and you even have to register those

as a bong i would be happy with just a glock 17. i am only allowed a fucking crossbow..

I fucking hate this country.

how, i thought you said guns without magazines? that bottom hunting rifle clearly has a magazine.

ps i love the mannlicher full stock design, beautiful gun. are those yours?

actually, you can buy all bolt action rifles up to .50bmg without any big paperwork. suppressors are free and need no paperwork. also shotguns.

>>can own up to 1000 unregistered shotgun shells (1500 if registered), 200 registered pistol rounds and 1500 registered rifle rounds, limit can be extended with special license for competition shooters
Interesting, why do they count the number of rounds ammo you have?

As far as I understand, you can buy a million rounds here, there is no limit. They may call it a fire and explosion hazard if you dump them all in a room, but that is a question of how you store them.

Concealed carry is legal without any licensing in Missouri as of January 2017. Prior you needed a license.

Licensing is still encouraged, as it grants you reciprocity in surrounding states, and you're treated with a little more leniency should you be faced with legal consequences of using your concealed weapon.

Why?
You can nearly buy any gun here.

as far as gun laws go you're better off than us in some aspects, what are you even whining for

not true you sanddigger.
semi autos except .22lr are banned, including all handguns

Also I think some cities have statutes against open carry. There's not much they can do to you other than issue a citation, but generally you'll just get questioned by a cop because some hippy faggot called in (((concerned))) so some poor beat cop has to go tell you "sorry, but someone called it in".