CHIMPOUT IMMINENT AT CHAPEL HILL

>Fliers circulating on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus indicate that a rally is planned for 7 p.m. at the university's "Silent Sam" Confederate statue. Meanwhile, crews started setting up barriers around the statue on Tuesday morning.
>A crowd gathered Tuesday evening at the site of the Silent Sam statue at UNC-Chapel Hill began chanting “tear it down” and “no Trump, no KKK, no racist USA.”
>A 2015 state law prevents removing, relocating or altering monuments, memorials, plaques and other markers that are on public property without permission from the N.C. Historical Commission. But Cooper said an exception in the law would allow the university to remove it if they have imminent safety concerns. The exception refers to a safety risk as determined by a “building inspector” or “similar officials.”

A 100 year old statue honoring Chapel Hill war dead is being attacked by antifa and blm tonight. Our liberal governor and UNC's lib president are trying to ignore a law protecting monuments by saying it's a "security concern". Basically they're rewarding communist intimidation. Remember a majority want them to remain

>survey conducted Aug. 14-15 by Marist Poll for the PBS NewsHour and NPR, found that 62 percent of the 1,125 U.S. adults responding believe that "statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy should remain as a historical symbol." About 27 percent said they should "be removed because they are offensive."

Other urls found in this thread:

wral.com/barriers-placed-around-silent-sam-statue-ahead-of-planned-rally-at-unc/16898155/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just take them down. We only worship memes anyway.

Start a petition to replace all confederate statues with spicy Pepe statues.

the three arrows downword

where have I seen those?

White genocide is real guys. It's happening,

Base Iceland.

Make sure no right-wingers show up so they would have no excuse to take it down.

>'Dr.Sup Forums? I'm ICE.'

These fucks are targeting memorials for fallen war dead. These aren't statues of specific figures. These represent all the fallen boys from that area in a war that they were forced to fight.

God damn this fucking makes me incensed!

This. As armed forces it makes me think even less of these fucks if that were possible. The thought of not allowing your enemy the right to honor his boys makes me feel fucking ill.

>haha we don't have to follow laws if we don't want to

Stream?

F A C E B O O K /WRALTV/videos/vb.14827657177/10156656448952178/?type=3&theater

can't find a better one

Domestic terrorist rann bar-on organised it.

I didn't realize this was going on, and I went to buy groceries, and they blocked me on the way back to my dorm. There are a couple bros in maga hats there lmao

Look for buses.

What's the general feeling on campus. Pro or anti-statue

They're almost all students. A lot of people I know are involved.

Chapel Hill is really far authoritarian left, most want it taken down, but a lot of the students from rural areas either want it up or don't care.

Fuck I'm kinda glad I didn't end up going there. Yeah all my classmates who went there became massive leftists.

pewpew?

wral.com/barriers-placed-around-silent-sam-statue-ahead-of-planned-rally-at-unc/16898155/

Everyone spam disapprove please

Yeah I came here because I can afford it, and I've been really careful to avoid this kind of BLM kangs shit, but it still really makes me ashamed to see shit like this.

True Story:
In the 1970's legend had it that everytime a virgin female "co-ed" student walked by, Silent Sam would fire a round and that's why we never heard it once...and I got mine too....feel sorry for the victims of today's "education" system...

lol that one poo in the loo forgetting the words to the chant

I spent many summer nights sitting at the base of that harmless historic statue...none of the blacks in the 70's felt threatened by it....we were all soul brothers, living working, partying together....I helped build many buildings on and around that campus....wish I could be there and spank those brat's asses myself....the non-student, off-campus, yankee welfare bum "organizer" is on the video feed now....luckily the police aren't having any of it and have asserted control, arresting several pussies....anxiously awaiting tear gas and clubs...