Genesis 1:31

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ta0WLF8.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is "very good" an accurate translation of the original hebrew?

I dunno, would you even consider polio "kinda good"?

that's the problem. the english word "good" implies a sort of pleasantness. maybe the original word doesn't quite have this implication.

Well then answer this: Is polio a morally equitable creation?

Define moral.

ITS THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE NIGGERS
AND THE AUTISTS
AND IT WAS RETARDED
AND THEN GOD SMACKED HIS LIPS PROFUSELY & SAID
AYYYY OL HOL UP
I DUN FORGOT THE MUHFUGGEN OXYGEN
AND THUS CHILDREN, THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WAS FLOODED

What is right and prudent.

But what is right and prudent?

A pious man is loved by the gods, but is he loved by the gods because he is pious or is he pious because he is loved by the gods?

>man believes he determines what is good

The absolute hubris

>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall
>what is the Fall
what is the Fall

If you can't understand the definition of morality then perhaps the question is over your head...

Man is the measure of all things.

It's not against the rules if it's not a direct posting.
i.imgur.com/ta0WLF8.png

it's a pointless question without a better understanding of the original word. maybe the original word had no moral connotations.

>definition of morality
mo·ral·i·ty
noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

But what is right and wrong, good and bad behavior when we are talking about the will of the gods?

>religious people believes he has to let others determine what is good

The absolute cuck

How would you define morality?

The question circumvents the original wording. It is exclusive to what is written in the book.

I asked you, is polio morally equitable?
In other words, is the suffering of innocent children a moral infliction by an omnipotent creator?

was meant for

hello /mlp/
Sup Forums misses you
you should come by our house after school for some love squeezing

>But what is right and wrong, good and bad behavior when we are talking about the will of the gods?
Do you propose blind faith over reason?

What an ironic statement considering he's talking over your head.

he created different living forms with different strategies, id think it was good

Without an absolute moral code (which can only be brought about through God), morality is relative and therefore meaningless.

This

But Sup Forums,
We've been here
All along
[winking emoticon]

god can't be immoral. immorality is just humans disobeying god.

if we are going to a strictly christian or old testament interpretation, all the animals where originally created to be herbivores, and some only became carnivores following the fall of man in the garden. According to that theory, mosquitos would likely have been completely harmless and fed entirely on fruit, as male mosquitoes continue to do today. I'm not saying I support one way or another, just that thats a position some have on it to explain it.

Also, mosquitoes form the basis of much of the food chain, and birds and fish would likely starve if they where to disappear, so they do have a purpose.

You also can not discount the possibility that disease itself serves an ultimate good purpose for humans, in weeding out the weak. Much like how a forest fire burns out the old growth making room for new growth.

That was before sin mucked everything up.

I bet the mosquitoes just drank nectar like male mosquitoes do today.

Then vaccinations are a sin against God's will? Medicine too?

That's a portrait of Caracalla, lol.

I'm not a biblical scholar, but good could be seen as following the plan he set out for the world.

Reason tells me that the gods and their plans are unknowable but also that a virtuous man shall live according to the laws of nature and seek ataraxia.

Humans are tainted with original sin and we deserve everything we get

so then....you saw what we did with /lgbt/?
THEY MEAN NOTHING TO US
IT WAS JUST A FLING

>being ruled by self-loathing
This is how they get you, goy.