Sup Forums's thoughts on millennials?

...and the fact that they no longer pursue the material possessions peddled by big manufacturing, but rather instagram-worthy experiences?

Pic related - it's summer

They should start gassing gen z as fast and soon as possible.

> 50k in debt by age 19
you're kidding, right?

Neither possession nor experience will allow man to find fulfillment. Only setting yourself against worthy and admiral tasks and conquering them in the face of adversity will allow man to feel complete.

That actually describes Gen X, minus the instagram.

>Why don't the young want to be literal slaves working towards a future they could never afford?

They spend more on "experiences" than any generation ever did on chattels. The avocado toast meme holds water and I wish to God it didn't. They drop hundreds on mediocre weekends monthly and then come back disappointed and seem to forget the mediocrity 4 weeks later. We need to kill them all, now. Kill them. Kill them. Kill them.

what's your favorite dipping sauce for your Trump-endorsed chicken tendies?

What would you prefer we do?
Be able to afford things?

Guacamole, obviously. Why do you think I don't own a house?

>Only setting yourself against worthy and admiral tasks and conquering them in the face of adversity will allow man to feel complete.

> so become an adult and get a GOOD job.

My cousins spent about 5 grand to essentially take pics of themselves at famous California places to post on social media. It's still a competition for social status, fueled by income.

>The avocado toast meme holds water
No, it really fucking doesn't. I can buy several avocado plantations before I could afford a house, you fucking retard. This is exactly like the iPhone vs healthcare argument. Pretty sure rich people just don't fucking know what things cost.

Stop pissing your money away on weed and booze and eating out. Find a rec league or take up a martial art or join a church or volunteer. Or kill yourself. I like individual millennials but your propensity for group-think and self-gratification and your love of echo chambers makes you insufferable in groups larger than 3.

>work
>serving the jewish conspiracy of the administrative state

Boomers > xers, yers, zers

I'm a 40 year old gen x guy, but my cohorts are godawful - basically we're all the same generation in mentality. Boomers are easy to blame for the political decisions and the obsessive behaviors that they imposed upon their children (like me), but they are/were extremely industrious, and their interests and works in literature, the arts, etc, have been so much better, overall.

Does anyone here actually have an Instagram or Snapchat?
Am I in the minority?

some Generation Z'ers know how to play the game and will inherit the economy in all its splendor/ruin.

I don't have it.

"millenial" here

I prefer the term Gen Y. That being said, most of us really are entitled douchebags who actually did grow up in the "you're special" society. It ruined a lot of us.

>martial art
>boy howdy, I really want to, but I don't think I will have the time. I'm worried that my course load might push me over the edge. It sucks because I really want to learn Muay Thai
What do?

Or we're just disappointed at how much things suck.

My judo club meets two nights a week for 90 minutes per session. A few other clubs I've looked at meet for an hour 3 times a week. It comes down to travel time; if you can find something convenient you will not regret it, I assure you. If it's a huge nuisance to get to a Muay Thai club, you'll enjoy other disciplines in the meantime, even if they're not what you ultimately want to do. A huge percentage of members don't start until they're deep in their 20's or even older. Keep it in your back pocket and embrace it when the opportunity presents itself.

well of course, there will always be opportunities for opportunists, but that won't matter much when the future politicians we elect will make us long for the likes of Clinton Trump and Obama

We are all millennials for the most part.

>Or we're just disappointed at how much things suck.

case in point example of entitled.

Please tell me how much life sucks today when 300 years ago 98% of the population were illiterate peasants that had to plow wheat just to survive.

Please tell me how much life sucks today when you can get good grades in high school, attend a good college, get more good grades and get a few leadership positions and get a job that'll land you in the top 10% of society when 2000 years ago the only way to climb that socio-economic hierarchy was to become a successful military commander and not die in the process.

Please tell me how much life sucks today when we're eliminated so many life treating diseases and illness like polio that left thousand crippled just 62 years ago.

The entire reason why gen Y is so entitled is because they don't have a the reference material to realize how well they have life today.

t. gen y

Millennials can be just as frivolous and yuppie as former generations when given money.

Since more people are worried about worthy instagram photos tourist and nature spots are a lot more busy.

Diggin 4 clams that's all we ever fucken do doo doo doo doo dooty

>but rather instagram-worthy experiences?

In other words they go into lots of debt to take vacations to show off to their friends on social media?

I know people who live like this. They aren't happy and are superficial about everything.

You cant sit down and have a conversation with these people. Its all ME ME ME and trying to out do the next person.

They don't look for experiences. They just use photos and stories of experiences as a sort of material posesion. Instead of wearing an expensive bag, a girl will show her friends photos of her trip to italy. It's a fashion statement an assesory. But it is not done to 'experience' anything. Most people at tourist places either look like they fucking hate all the walking and the dry heat, or they are too busy looking at their phone camera to see anything around them.

I've been considering it. I really have wanted to learn a martial art, and I tried Karate. It was too discipline-y for me. I just want to kick shit like Ryu and/or Guile.
I just need to see if my class schedule can work around it

Not a single millennial is over the age of 17. Their generation is a bit too young to judge overall at this point.

Are you talking about the shittier half of gen Y, that boomers always call millennials derogatorily?

Because they can't afford material possessions? OMG SO HARD

You're not 300 years old you fucking idiot.

>1 post by this ID

USE YOUR REAL FLAGS.

Actually the opposite Millennials are like 18-34 or something now.

25 year old virgin dudes who have never been able to get a job, nor their own property, wasn't normal at all 50, 100 or 300 years ago.

People used to have everything set up for them. Dad would train you in his craft, you'd be lifetime employed from age 15, get your own house by age 17, marry the neighbor girl at age 18, have 5 children by age 25.

The church, your nation and your people would all be strong and supporting them was standard. Jews had a lot less influence on culture.

>Not a single millennial is over the age of 17. Their generation is a bit too young to judge overall at this point.

From what I've seen the tail-end of Gen Y (i.e. people born after ~90) and Gen Z are nearly identical. For reference the people obsessed with Instagram and snapchat today are identical to the people obsessed with Facebook and myspace a decade ago.

>People used to have everything set up for them. Dad would train you in his craft, you'd be lifetime employed from age 15, get your own house by age 17, marry the neighbor girl at age 18, have 5 children by age 25.

>25 year old virgin dudes who have never been able to get a job, nor their own property, wasn't normal at all 50, 100 or 300 years ago.

well 300 years ago, it wasn't normal for most people to even own property. Probably 100 years too. Using 50 years as the benchmark for life is really short-sighted as our history is easily traceable to 2500 years back.

In addition, it is possible to get a job today, maybe not the best job but a job. This is what I mean by entitled.

>People used to have everything set up for them. Dad would train you in his craft, you'd be lifetime employed from age 15, get your own house by age 17, marry the neighbor girl at age 18, have 5 children by age 25.

Again ,for most of history your parents set you up for agriculture. Is that what you define as a good life.

You say "neighbor girl" so again I'm assuming you are biased to post WW2 era. Yes things aren't as easy as back then but again entitled.

>The church, your nation and your people would all be strong and supporting them was standard.

Yes and if you didn't attend church then you'd be alienated from society, real freedom right?

>Jews had a lot less influence on culture.

Yes, it's the Jews fault that China and India are now competing in the international market.

We just want to live in the 50's give us a break.

why?

I would say 85% of Sup Forums is apart of the millenial generation and the rest are mostly underage fags with a small amount of gen x'ers peppered in.

>shit morals
>shit finances
>shit taste
>no ambition
>lazy
But still better than the boomers

Millennials remind me of the fuck sticks in the 80's that thought their pop music was the most important thing going on in the world. They thought they were right about everything and that they always would be.

I agree I am gen x and our generation is trash.

But at least we implicitly admit it. Unlike gen y.

I loathe gen y.

I want an opinion from you Sup Forums , is it happier a dude who his parents have enough money to sustain him, he plays video games, haves a girlfriend and a healthy amount of friends

or one that do the same but sustains himself?

both cases are 21 year olds

IDK i think the millennial problem exist just because they didn't had to work for the things they have

>We just want to live in the 50's give us a break.

Read. >Yes, it's the Jews fault that China and India are now competing in the international market.

1950s were a unique era were certain factors contributed to an easy and prosperous life.

Europe was destroyed after WW2 and needed rebuilding. 2nd world countries were destroying their economies with communism and 3rd world countries were undeveloped shitholes that didn't even have paved roads. Americas was experiencing the first generation of students that had mandatory public school entering the workforce. And health and safety laws that limited the shitty practices of business were implemented from the robber baron era.

These factors, and probably others, combined to provide the perfect environment for high quality of life. It will never happen again so it's best to accept reality. Once you purge yourself of unrealistic expectations then you will be happy.

They are vapid shits. They need to be envied and idolized. It's part of the fallout from social media and celebrity obsession; having the appearance of being happy and fulfilled so they can farm likes and retweets is how they try to fill the void they have inside after they found out they aren't the special snowflakes their parents told them they were.

>instagram-worthy
Degeneracy in its pure form.

this

>no longer pursue the material possessions peddled by big manufacturing,

the fuck world are you living in?

I have this strange feeling in my gut that the work I will wind up doing and the direction that my life is going to take, will wind up saving the millennial generation.
I can hear them all suffering when I sleep. They need a savior. And that might just be me.

The reason why you can't buy a house was the post gfc bailouts, you won't be able to buy one either unless there's another gfc or a currency reset.

They are a disgrace; They virtue signal, don't care about learning form the past. They take on debts they can't repay. They do allow themselves to get screwed by corporations and don't research anything. They are on phones in cars and have threatened my life several times. They are noobs. Every time a millennial dies in a car crash I sing praise jesus.

they wont hire me because im a millennial and millennials are apparently "lazy"

thanks older generations for fucking over all the good ones
and thank you millennials for giving older gens that impression

They care less of materialism only since they have no money

They still spend all day thinking how best to get attention and popularity

No they weren't you fucking Moron they squandered the economy and the environment. They were the worst generation. Riding off the coatails of their parents generation. Who themselves weren't good just a pawn for bankers

The inevitable result of American materialism spreading throughout the earth after the fall of the Soviets. Everything about them is vomit inducing.

fucking sjw commie trash

hope the next generation is better

pussies. gen Z will save us.

All I've got to say is this... if only we had listened to the water filter merchant.

Jesus what a sad brainwashed yank, jobs are a necessary evil you sad plank and rarely ever challenging. Devise your own personal challenges and purpose free of the donkey carrot relationship of employment cycle to accumulate pointless shit you don't even need. The number 1 regret of the dying is working to much.

>instagram-worthy experiences

you mean spending shit loads of money on a car they dont even drive and literally just want to show people pictures of on the internet?

ah yes very anti materialist such millenial

They are alot smarter than they are given credit for, perhaps there is still hope.

Gen z is getting there but not there yet, they hate PC culture but other than that they seem just like millenials, I think a charismatic leader who rejects the millenial instagram culture could lead gen z away from degeneracy but millenials as a whole are fucked

The most crap, useless, lazy, workshy, pathetic, whinging fuck up of a generation bar none.

They were handed the world, and they pissed it the fuck away. Im among the eldest of gen Z (19), i hope we don't do the same.

>In addition, it is possible to get a job today, maybe not the best job but a job. This is what I mean by entitled.
>tfw you landed a pretty good job out of college making 75k a year
>tfw you can't even get a home loan
>tfw you can't move unless you want to live on the other side of the country far away from your family while also taking a huge cut in pay
nah shit sucks man. im not entitled for wanting people other than trust fund faggots to be able to live in a place without it costing an arm and a leg.

We moved from consumerism to pure aesthetic capitalism.

Consumerism lies in the essence of Capitalism, it was just given the chance to spread faster beyond America thanks to the internet and lack of Soviet opposition.

Half of them are lost generation of lefties who didn't grow out from the rebellious stage. Degenerate, toxic, fanatical consumerist and rest of sjw characteristics... Greatest tools of globalist kikes.
Rest are normal salvageable people, some are even better.

Better then boomers.

>buy my shit, you don't need it
>buy all this worthless shit to impress those around you
not entirely against capitalism since it has shown to improve quality of life moreso than other economic systems, but whats with this circlejerk over how it's the end-all be-all. Regular bathing did a lot to stop disease, but we didn't stop there. not arguing for communism but shit, what's with this massive hard on for the constant production and consumption of mostly useless bullshit.
this is Sup Forums isn't it, don't you hate the jews, why would you aspire to be shylock?

Boomers eventually grew out of their leftism, millenialls are too deep into the SJW rabbit hole to ever get out.

Sup Forums is not a single person. I despise Capitalism and everything associated with it, just not for the same reason leftists despise it.

Oh boy, another one of these threads

sorry if it seemed like my reply was directly to you, i was more or less riffing on your post. as a leftist i despise capitalism too, mostly because it just ends up bastardizing everything, exploiting good people, and allowing the rich to buy influence and power. I will concede however that most of the left is pretty stupid when it comes to why they're against it, it always ends up being an argument about "muh equality" as if some other system of economics would magically lead to an equal society where those who are hungry for power are never able to hurt those who don't share their proclivities to view others as less than people, just bring up any communist country and watch them run straight to the uneven bars about how that wasn't truly communism because human nature and the proclivities of oppressors are somehow non-existent in "true communism"

They're narcissistic and judgemental while at the same time being dumb as bricks. They're overconfident and inept. They're honestly the worst generation.

I'm personally coming from a third positionist perspective, so my hatred for Capitalism is mostly the result of its effects on the concept of nationhood. It splits the nation into economic interest groups and piles them up against each other, thus annihilating nationalist sentiments in favor of competition and productivity. Fascism offers "class collaboration" as a solution to this issue, but I never found it convincing enough, so I instead turned to Strasserism and other similar forms of left-nationalist thinking.

I'm fundamentally opposed to most Communists in that they all without exception accept the ideals of internationalism as opposed to nationalism, but my ideology lies closer to the left than the right otherwise.