Can we talk about "Street Medics"

Can we talk about "Street Medics"
>Street medics, or action medics, are volunteers with varying degrees of medical training who attend protests and demonstrations to provide medical care such as first aid. Unlike regular emergency medical technicians, who serve with more established institutions, street medics usually operate in a less formal manner.
>Many street medics have pursued further medical training, most commonly in nursing, emergency medicine, and herbalism. There are street medics employed in almost every field of medicine and rescue, including surgery, family practice medicine, psychiatry,research, both classical and traditional Chinese medicine, medical herbalism, first aid instruction, fire-fighting, and wilderness medicine.

>What is the Unauthorized Practice of Medicine?
>The unauthorized practice of medicine occurs when someone gives medical advice or treatment without a professional license. The prohibition against the unauthorized practice of medicine is a precaution against people who would try to treat others without the proper training, or by using unproven methods which could harm or even kill their supposed patients. As a result, all states make the unauthorized practice of medicine a criminal offense with potentially serious penalties. However, the practice of medicine itself is a slippery term which can be difficult to define.

How are these fucks allowed to practice medicine on "patients" during riots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ghGlBm7aIpk
nydailynews.com/news/national/81-year-old-busted-performing-free-breast-exams-deal-florida-prosecutors-report-article-1.962765
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those fucking try hard larpers!

>How are these fucks allowed to practice medicine on "patients" during riots?
Because
>However, the practice of medicine itself is a slippery term which can be difficult to define

Obamacare is the future.

>boy scout first aid training

"IM A MEDIC GUYS!1111"

Carrying a bottle of milk and some gauze doesn't make you a medic

On the riot coverage there was some LARPer pushing away camera saying they needed to stop harassing his patient. Shit made my blood boil.

They're entering the wilderness. You think the basement dwellers would go out without a healer? C'mon user.

First aid treatment immediately following an injury isn't really "practicing medicine". Is it practicing medicine when I take an aspirin for my hango-
*door kicked down*

I bet they don't even have fresh socks and motrin. Shameful display.

>First Aid treatment immediately following an injury

Fucker spraying home-made L.A.W. (liquid antacid and water) into the eyes of people who were hit with tear gas is not first aid. On the live stream the Medic advised his patient to wash his eyes out with dish soap and water when they got home.

>youtu.be/ghGlBm7aIpk
-At 34:57

>putting bandages on a person is medicine

>varying degrees of medical training

from "fuck-all" to "fuck-all"

Are you a fucking moron? All you need to do to practice medicine is the patients permission.

Can we meme that fresh urine clears out tear gas

Both of us Leafs with the rolls. It's a good night indeed.

Also this medicine in the US isn't defined you can't prosecute someone for something that the law doesn't recognize but generally the line is drawn at injections and administering controlled medication for varying States

They are allowed to provide first aid. It's not practicing medicine. Fuck off.

They are just the guys who run to the nearest 7-11 for a carton of milk when the tear gas starts.

yeah good luck trying to stop
>POLICE POLICE!!!
>YOU HAVE TO STOP THESE MADMEN
>THEY'RE PATCHING UP PEOPLE'S *WOUNDS*!!!!

Not in the states.

Wrong leaf. Practicing medicine without a license is illegal in all 50 states.

>painting a guy fawkes mask all black
fucking degenerate as shit.

Fix this

>communists
>people

Pick one.

This. There's a lot of trash street medics who don't understand the extent of care they're allowed to give. There's no standard or training; they assert their own and train themselves.

If you get hurt in a protest you're either lucky or unlucky to encounter one of these people. Just try not to get incapacitated to the point of not being able to refuse treatment.

>Dress up as street medic.
>Perform complex surgery on injured Antifa members.
>Test out your new rib separator.

Nah m8, these guys will bash the fash and will bring their own carton of milk!

How do you treat people with those fucking masks?

Lefties

Healers are always gay, no exceptions

It depends it's not really defined you subject yourself more to liability than anything if you render Aid without the proper training, however you are also covered under good Samaritan laws generally it falls under law of competing harms in the courts.

However if you do have formal training you also have a duty to render Aid until they can be escalated to the next highest level of care. Don't go to high up the totem pole otherwise you might find yourself legally and ethically obligated to ride in the back of an ambulance if your at the higher levels of pre-provider care.

LARP. they bring weapons and hit old people, you think they can perform the heimlich let alone bandaid booboos?

Jesus christ look how badly the guy in the middle is balding. I'd kill myself.

True, I guess facts like this and the varying intensity of American riots really make all this ambiguous in the first place.

I guesss we see how this thread popped up.

First aid isn't practicing medicine. I don't know about the US law but here, if you have a first aid license (which almost everyone has as it's necessary for obtaining a driver's license) you're encouraged (and some would argue even required) to provide first aid - compressing wounds, immobilising body parts with broken bones, stuff like that - in case of someone being injured in your presence, and stay with them until professional medical help arrives.

I don't think that anyone would sue a street medic, but I do think practicing street medics could/should be faced with additional charges if arrested aiding a rioting crowd.

>dress up as a medic
>pour lemon juice in Antifa eyes
>give ex-lax to drink
>cut off blood circulation with tight bandages

its just one big Larp. All of it

im studying to be a nurse and would offer and help i could to the right wing people, but it really doesnt take much medical knowledge to put on a bandage or pour milk in someones eyes like i have seen these guys do.

They're playing pretend. They know they can't give or take punches so they picked "medic" to "heal their teammates."

All this protest nonsense is a huge fucking joke and every one of these shits should be gassed.

>tfw Antifa team is made of Scouts, Medics, and Snipers that are only armed with Jarate.

It is because pre-provider care isn't defined in America beyond certification generally the key intent here is fraud unless you are knowingly misrepresenting your medical knowledge and injury results because of it. Any other circumstances I find it hard that consequences are going to befall you.

That's completely illegal and unethical you can't criminalize medical treatment and in many cases you are morally and legally obligated to provide it.

>you can't criminalize medical treatment
>what is malpractice
in the US its hardly morally an obligation sometimes but legally yes

>That's completely illegal and unethical you can't criminalize medical treatment
>nydailynews.com/news/national/81-year-old-busted-performing-free-breast-exams-deal-florida-prosecutors-report-article-1.962765

Sure you can. Minor bandages, ice packs and shit no problem, but when they start pouring shit into peoples eyes or using Chinese medicine to stop bleeding, fuck em.

tfw protesters get access to a white doctor and I don't

(Checked)
>medical herbalism

all they have is gauze, milk, water, and boo boo bandaids. these faggots have no idea how to splint a broken limb, stop an artery bleedout, treat a bullet wound let alone have the right fucking application to treat a lung wound. people get really hurt and they fucking move them or make them use the limb thats injured. they have $30 worth of household medical items in their bag so they can pretend to help people.

Meanwhile, I have $8000 worth of medical equipment and medicine I've bought during my time as a paramedic, many a treatment only licensed individuals can own or purchase. These lazy fucks can't even take the time to find certification classes or just someone willing to pass their medical knowledge on for a fee, because its too much work when a jug of milk, some water, gauze, and a compression bandage makes them feel like they are helping.

Its the same mindset with these retards and social media - they just click "Like" about helping people in need instead of actually doing something, because clicking Like is easy and is self-serving.

This.

>that pic

I want civil war in a way I never had before, the first people I'd shot would be these faggots.

They spent more time on their outfits then medical training.

I'm only at EMR basic so I'm curious do paramedics have access to scheduled meds outside of work? In my state they can get basic stuff like nitroglycerin pills insulin and bronchodilators but nothing with risk of addiction like painkillers outside of work where it is one's dude job to do nothing but audit it.

If it's in a first aid kit you don't need a license to use it

You don't even need a first aid certificate to give first aid, only if you are acting as a first aider in an official capacity, either private or for an event/corporation.

Of course the legalities are a bit complicated, so I would like to see these fucks taken to the electric chair for pretending "herbalism" is real medicine

>Go to protest
>Pretend evil Nazis knocked you over
>Go to street medic
>Get his facebook or some shit
>Fake permanent back/neck pain post treatment
>Sue his ass into bankruptcy

Over here in the university protests all the dindus used the lube on the free comdoms to wipe their eyes after tear gas, it really works but it's funny as hell

I thought about trying this out but I don't want to loose my EMT certification.

This is actually a good tactic to take

Right Wing Safety Squads assemble, we need to protect the people from these unlicensed doctors

This.
Scheduled? No way. That shit was never on hand. I believe today most scheduled are no longer accessible en-route due to changes with federal oversight. As for painkillers, that was never available in my city. Besides, you never administer a pain killer as it can cause shock or lower the heartbeat and kill someone. Only administered once the person is stabilized and by that time, its far out of your hands.

yeah the thing is there is such a thing as a Good Samaritan law.

Which is to say: it is illegal to present yourself as a doctor when you are not one, and it is illegal to set up a medical practice without being a medical professional. However, people who aren't doctors are still protected from liability when it comes to on the spot assistance, especially if they have the person's consent.

For example: if you come upon a nasty car accident and see someone trapped in a burning vehicle, and you pull them out in such a way that causes them to break a leg, you are almost certainly not liable and are 100% not liable if they asked you to help them.

If you see a man who has a nasty cut on his arm, and you bandage it for him, but he later loses his arm to gangrene because you didn't disinfect it first, you are almost certainly not liable and are 100% not liable if he asked you to bandage it.

If you're hanging out near a nazi rally and a guy comes up to you and says that a nazi hit him with a bat and he needs medical help, and you help him, you're not liable for any medical malpractice because you are not a doctor, you're an on the spot citizen who gave aid because there were no doctors available.

Interesting I have my EMR and going for a wilderness certification so occasionally they talk about extended pre-provider care like pain management and IV fluids essentially it's no different from standard EMR but you're qualified to give IV fluids and use a decompression needle that's literally it.

Otherwise it's basically a glorified first aid class with physiology on top of it, it's only a little over 40 hours of class work to get your EMR cert and and extra 8 for wilderness.

I want to get my EMT-B certificate but there's an employment requirement in my state so I have to hold off for a little while.

oh that's just old school tactics.

fuckers hate any cameras they don't control

street medic here and one thing to understand is their is a medical perimeter sometimes up to a mile away that the police set up for on duty EMS.

So it can be a long fucking time to get help.

I was at DNC in Philly treated more heat exaustion you could count, one real heat stroke, one OD and one bad burn from someone who tried to stomp out an American flag that the commies set on fire.

Street medics risk a lot and pay for most of their supplies out of pocket.

I got clocked in the head by an elbow as a fight broke out over someone I was treating... but that is what I chose when I choose to help people. My pack was about 40 lbs because I carried 12 1 liter bottles of water at all time because people were dropping like flies and I spent around $200 on electrolyte powder.

but I wanted to help those expressing their rights.

Not a larper.... the tax payers spent a lot training me for far worse in the military. I figure time to pay some back.

I see you.

Good lord. It sounds like they've chopped it apart to milk students out of money. Stick with it though. The hardest part that I had was the lack of care and empathy people had for the elderly.

Do you want to know why it takes us so long to help? Violent protesters tend to attack EMS. Enjoy that pill.

>inject mountain dew into the bloodstream, of antifa landwhales as they collapse from fatigue, so they could keep marching
>call yourself medic

HE NEED SOME MILK

I know that....I worked in EMS as well till the war(s) broke out and I got deployed for years. (yea I am 44 fucking years old kids)

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
PFFFFFFFFF

There is a difference between a street medic and a wheelchair bound otherkin with milk and cut up t shirt bandages lol.

you sound like a major faggot.

Anybody failing to hydrate adequately should be subject to immediate rectal rehydration on the spot.

But in all seriousness lyteshow with some watered down crystal light lemonade works good and you can make gallons of the stuff for cheap.

The worst part is the employment requirement the only way you can get your EMT-B is if you have job lined up or you're going through police or fire academy you can't even get it on your own dime.

No taxes when you buy stuff with your EMR cert number from distributors so that's nice I guess?...

"street medics" are people that try to use their 3 hour cpr training course skills on some dodgy cunt that gets challenged and claim to have saved a life. reality is that they are the most likely to kill somebody and it should be stopped

Most of them are med students, nursing mainly.
Also they don't patch up everyone their triage system is help antifa and left first. The opposition get no help.

It truly depends just like the rest of life.... I have a shitwhack of training from .gov/mil

I have seem pro EMS and ER's fuck shit up and be tards as well and I am sure you have too.

I treat everyone I treated the burn person and the commie who did it.

I think you are asking about the Chinese word “白左”, could be translated into “white leftists” or “white liberals”. But please be aware, it does not refer to white or liberal, it is called “white leftists” just because their opinions are mostly left wing, and they are mostly Europeans or Americans.

From my perspective, Chinese think that “white leftists” are those idealist people who likes to take the moral high ground, but actually history blinded, reality blinded, naive, and always uses double standards. They are usually those people who takes those good deeds too far, and turning it fanatic. Their typical opinions includes: supporting accepting refugee even if it could danger their national security, a European woman got raped by refugee but refused to call the police, because she worries that it may affect other refugee; overlooking the fact and claims “terrorism has no religion”, when one specific religion committed 85% of the terrorist attacks; LGBT right is more important than those homeless people, etc.

Example. 跳转中... This guy protests against Trump, and self-righteously claims that Trump’s family are all immigrants, and now Trump wants to get rid of immigrants, so Trump is deporting his family if he wants to deport immigrants. But when he was ask “When Trump’s family immigrated, it was legal”, he does not know what to say, “OK... You're saying... just because......”, and then starts to talk about something else. He opposes Trump, because he thinks that immigrants should be kept in USA, that is the moral high ground, but he was so naive that he doesn’t even know the difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants.

Some Chinese people thinks that “white leftists” are “AIDS of civilization”. AIDS does not kill you, but it makes you undefended to other diseases.

the definition of larping, these faggots fancy themselves the "healer" of the party like an IRL mmo. And true to the stereotype, people who play healers are cucks looking for approval of others and begging to be cucked and abused by some Chad Tank/DPS

>immediate rectal rehydration on the spot.
RANGER IV
> Do not be tempted to force fluid into the rectum. They won’t like it. Neither will you.

What if I'm [spoiler]flank[/spoiler]

I like how antifa co-opted the Guy Fawkes masks that only got popularized on Sup Forums, whom they hate. I guess after the Scientology protests the Guys Fawkes mememasks got raped to death by normies like everything they touch, and the 99% protests further co-opted it away from Sup Forums. Imagine in 2025 when degenerate lefties are protesting Trumps on-going Trumptocracy wearing Pepe masks spraypainted black and red.

>Dress up as antifa larp medic
>Hand out water bottles with laxatives in them
>Watch as the protest rapidly disperses within the hour

>Time for the clamsheel boys
>No, trust me, he totally needs it

and thats how you get landed in jail with a reckless endagement
impersonating
and possibly man slaughter

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here you at the very least need a first aid license.

We need to take over the guy fawkes meme again. Like how we took back pepe, we need to take back the mask.

Guy Fawkes was a white male who fought to bring back Catholicism. If that doesnt fit our narrative to the dot, I don't know what does.

>There are street medics employed in almost every field of medicine and rescue, including surgery, family practice medicine, psychiatry,research, both classical and traditional Chinese medicine, medical herbalism, first aid instruction, fire-fighting, and wilderness medicine.

Wow, BOTH classical and traditional Chinese medicine?! I feel better attending a riot now.

Plus the last thing I need if I am really hurt is some larping faggot making it worse because he wants to play hero instead of getting me to an actual medical professional.

>Like how we took back pepe
Pepe never belonged to them or anyone for that matter. It's just Clinton tried to make it /our meme/, and so it was.

Sup Forums took back pepe when it was going mainstream, thats why it mattered to the left when pepe was categorized as a hate symbol.

Clinton didn't make nazi frogs, the nazi frogs made her.

Also Check em

Some of them are probably actual medics, others would be doing basic first aid. The right-wing guys at UTR had people like McNabb who's a paramedic.

On one hand, fucking antifa scum.

But still, on the other hand, oy vey goyim you can't practice medicine without a (((licence))), how will dr. Shekelberg afford his third house if you don't go to (((Cedar Sinai))) for that cut on your hand that will get charged 30000$ to sew up

In a war, you kill the medics first
The war will be over sooner

Where's Anonymous now?

Dude you are such a newfag...

> are probably actual medics,
How long can you be EMT before going full redpill though? You'd need to have acute color-blindness to not notice a pattern.

I know with antifa's tretment of the opposition

I wonder if these medics give unbiased treament or are only there for antifa.