This is probably going to be the stupidest thing you've read today...

This is probably going to be the stupidest thing you've read today, but I swear I'm not trolling I just don't understand this.

When do americans get to just be "american"?

People from china are chinese, people from russia are russian. If someone asks what I am, I'm german/russian/sicilian/french/irish/swiss/etc. When does that turn into "I'm American"? It surely can't just be native americans for eternity.

Again, not trolling. Just an idiot who doesn't understand the rules on this.

American is an ethnicity, but only the original settlers of America are well, ethnically American.

You can't. We're full.

But Russians for instance didn't just sprout in Russia, they ended up there from wherever in the world they came from and reproduced. Does it just take thousands of years and then everyone forgets that they weren't born from actual russian soil(even though they smell like it oo gottem)?

I mean, technically none of us were where we are originally, including native americans.

I have an even dumber question and I'm gonna use your thread to ask it, since it doesn't warrant a new thread.
How come I've heard people use "african-american" to refer to niggers that were BORN in AFRICA, and are LIVING THERE? Is it a common thing over there?
It makes as much sense as calling the chinese living in china chinese-canadians.

american isn't a race
what about this is confusing?

the countries named after their own ethnic races have histories going back thousands and even tens of thousands of years in an era when travelling and migrations where difficult. america was settled more recently in an era of huge sailing ships and now jet planes.

american will never be a race, canadian will never be a race. we are young countries born after modern transportation

The Jews invented the term because they hate niggers and love identity politics. It's the usual Jewish divide and conquer thinking.

But "german/russian/sicilian/french/irish/swiss" could be a new race in itself...or something.
People from England aren't just "English" either, they might have Scandinavian ancestors or people from France etc.
At least if I understood OP right.

People use 'african american' as a euphemism to refer to their skin color.

I had a friend who would tell people he's african american cuz he was born in africa and they would get pissed cuz he's white.

boats is what means we'll never be a race of people?

that doesn't make much sense to me. I had to walk to school every day, didn't make me any less of a student than the people who rode the bus.

well there are things like irish-american italian-american etc. those groups just don't seem care as much to have themselves labeled as such.

living in new york i have heard italian-american more than a few times though. not sure if not being born here qualifies you for the distinction though. maybe just citizenship will do it

>euphimism
That's fucking stupid.
Why don't they call themselves african?

No they don't. It's because you go to jail for being hitler if you even call them "black people" anymore.

For fuck's sake "african americans" is about five minutes away from being a death sentance now that we have "persons of color."

If you are a Communist you have no business calling yourself and American.

Commies chant "Death to America"

You hate America and everything it stands for.

i think really what i'm saying is when does the melting pot cool to the point where we're all americans now and can dump the other stuff

i don't have much of an issue with it, just curious if that is ever possible for us considering how many different ethnicities exist here

russians seem to all be the same shade of drunk, so the lines aren't as blurry

Or just black? It's not like any of these black "african americans" have any idea of their heritage. I doubt they even know which african country they descended from.

God bless this state

>boats is what means we'll never be a race of people?
yes, of course
"english" is a genetically unique type of caucasian because they were mostly isolated from the rest of the world for thousands of years.

with modern transportation you don't have the isolation required to create specifically regional variations of any races

They was kanz n shieet m8. Peanut butter n stuff.

It's easy. Indians are their own thing, so forget about them.
If your ancestors didn't arrive on ships made of wood and propelled by wind, then you may call yourself a citizen, but you'll never be an American.

in the US i think if you asked them they would say African if they were born in africa. Outside of the states they may say african-american just to show they are citizens there for whatever that's worth

black people who were born here and call themselves african-americans is because you have to tip toe on eggshells (sorry eggshells are white ummm) tiptoe on 8-balls (shit that can mean coke and coke is white ummm) tiptoe on charcoal (there it is) so you don't offend anyone

ok, genetic isolation makes that argument more valid I can see that

but i'm italian and chrisopher colombus came here on boats propelled by neptunes frothy semen so what's the deal

Yes, I get it.
But I've heard american people call native people from South Africa that are LIVING in South Africa "african american". I got it from the other user that this is an euphemism, but have they ever stopped and thought how ridiculous that sounds?

Those aren't Americans. Those are Communists or other fanatical Jew-worshipers.

there was actually a small amount of useful information in that manifesto, thanks

well those are just stupid people obviously making a blunder

africans in africa are africans, afrikaan africans in nigeria are nigerians (or just africans)

it's kind of like people (still) calling native americans indians

It's one hell of a blunder, though.
I'd understand it it was a one-off thing but people keep fucking saying it.
Thanks for answering my question, by the way.

yeah man no problem. it gets real god damned confusing over here since we have large populations of basically every race in the world here

i'm not a "give peace a chance" guy or anything, but i really wish we were more cohesive as a country instead of arguing over this dumb shit all the time. everything would run much more smoothly if we were all on the same team.

It's not a blunder. They're brainwashed, just like the guy you responded to. It's like suggesting that anybody calls indians "native americans" other than your old granny grade school teacher.

Proper term is amerindians. Everybody other than nazi racists always says amerindians.

The world would run more smoothly if there were open borders for Israel.

when you are fat as fuck my lovely sharter friend

american is a mixed race because of slavery, mass migration movements from all over the world and miscegenation with the natives and other immigrants, just like the Brazilians.

you're an american if you live in the US or have citizenship

>t. subversive communist Jew

yeah for sure in other countries i say i'm american (even though i should probably say canadian so i don't get beaten to death by baguettes or whatever the fuck, eh?). but here when asked it's always a laundry list of ethnicities.

do people in other countries respond likewise, or is it not really a question that's asked internally? not everyone in italy is 100% italian.

that's because of the evil white oppresser enslaved them and intentionally destroyed their history and culture. That's why they're proud of it.

people are only interested in knowing if you are spanish or italian, Norwegian or Swede, since europeans nationals are very homogeneous and you can only have doubts like "which latin nation?", "which nordic nation?" or "which slavic nation?"

if you are an european of african origin, people don't ask, they realize you're not a native european. maybe in a couple of generations it will be different and we'll be regarded like americans today

That's why you must mix more. All of these racist doubts must be removed.

that will never happen. we hate each other

That used to be part of the plan, but you don't hate each other enough any more so they needed to start dumping in niggers and the caliphate.

When you are a native american. You're probably just an European 2.0-er.

You're a country of immigrants not even people who can trace their lineage from the puritans off the mayflower can call themselves american.

ok but native americans are asians

sooo

Do you trace your lineage from the unnamed boats that brought in the scandi rape?

That's retarded. Anyone can be an American. That's the point of America.

No, not just anyone. That's not the point of America at all.

Anyone who wants to bad enough can.

>Froppy will never joppy your mallopy

Nice Rabi interpretation. If the Talmud says it then it must be true!

um no that's literally what America is.

americans are anglosaxon + varying kinds of german/french/low-countries

of the original american colonies there were many dutch/french, 1 or more swedish, and plenty of spanish

If your kind is non-existant, you can't vanish. Simple as that

that's fair. while maybe not the /point/ of america, it is most definitely a central value. That's why i never understand the "americans have no culture" meme, we have every culture in the world.

i just wish more of the people we call americans cared for the well-being of the country that accepts them (or at least tries to)

Um, sorry, no, sweetie...

Whenever Americans choose to. When asked my ethnicity or family history, i don't say "oh my dads side of thr family were hessian soldiers in the revolutionary war and my moms side appears to be jew (i know, gas me im 1/32) and and some other european."

I say, "im American. I was born here, my family has been born here for generations, and I honestly don't care about my ancestry beyond that."

America is a pan-euro nation, so any white citizen can legitimately claim to be an American. Kind of different now with the civic cuckery.

Nationalism is coming back, and this time everyone will join and we can be fascists peacefully. We'll reinstate the monroe doctrine and just focus on American stuff and not smear the world with our fecal aids dick.

I say "australian" and when people really bug me about it I call them a racist.
>but are you native?
I was born here
>you know what I mean!
No, I have no idea what your stereotype looks like, please educate me
>but all white people come from europe!
ALL people came from Africa what's your point I don't say I'm african. I'm fucking telling you I am a prototypical example of my country's ethnotype. get with the times we're not a fucking colony.

usually this is the end of the discussion.

The real question is that in 10,000 years will there be a American race?

I think we'll look like Brazilians but maybe a little less black mixed in.

Makes sense I figure

Have you been to Brazil? Majority of whites are shorter and already look like goblins.

>my moms side appears to be jew
i chuckled

Yeah you're both right i suppose, when asked it would be on me to specify one way or the other. Obviously anyone can claim to be an American if they have citizenship here(like with any other country), it just doesn't constitute an ethnicity which is more what I was questioning.

maybe in a couple thousand years when we're all (obviously) dead they can look back on our skeletal remains and say "these were an ancient tribe of people called 'americans'"

Yeah kinda like that I expect we'll be mostly light shades of brown with bright eyes in blue and green and hazel

"native americans" are NOT americans.

america was founded on the ideals that the individual should be protected from the tyranny of the majority.
if you believe in that above all else you are american, nothing else matters.

if you hold anything else more dear, you aren't american, there are no arguments.

how dare you subvert my decision to salute, Sup Forums

You have to go back.

>being so dumb you can't identify the "American Way" as a primary identity
If Christians or Muslims can put their religion before their race why can't the same for a national identity/moral philosophy?

>bitter
>tripcode
>reddit spacing
>aboriginals aren't Americans
>continent is named America

there's no such think as an am*rican. you're just a buch of racemixed human garbage kept together by kikes, nothing more

I haven't done a genetic study, but Brazil convinced me that there's something to the bleached meme. Plenty of people with all the usual technical white traits including skin color, but only some of them looked Portuguese. A lot of them had plenty of mixing hints.

But there was distinct cultural difference in self-respect that crossed color boundaries. A lot of the dark ones were in the best physical shape. A lot of the European-looking ones kept up their properties and politeness the best.

identity sure, no one ever argued there wasn't an american identity
>it's the thing about us the entire rest of the world despises and i wouldn't have it any other way

was more concerned with how actual ethnicities came to be, and if such an eventuality was possible for americans. The genetic isolation explanation posted awhile back explains it though i suppose. Can't have genetic cohesion with everyone shuffling around all the time.

No, Americans are American!

If you believe in american values and you are an American citizen. Then you are American.

Read some literature on the subject. I recommend “America” by Jean Baudrillard. He goes into this idea that Americans are a completely detached entity from the rest of the world, our way of life lacks a history but makes us the most modern cunt because of it. We experienced long periods of isolation from the rest of the world and ended up creating a type of culture unlike any other, yet one that lacks links to others aside from where we appropriate some activities.

>use the term "African American"
>he is actually from South America
>Ayo, hol up. You sayin you know where I be from? Yous be assumin my heritage n shiet.

Yes, they do. I just assume it's stupid people, but then again, calling someone African-American when they're born and raised in America doesn't make much sense either.