Brit/pol/ - King William II edition

>Toppling statues? Here’s why Nelson’s column should be next
unvis.it/www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/toppling-statues-nelsons-column-should-be-next-slavery

>Conservatives were just 533 votes from Commons majority
unvis.it/ft.com/content/07e75438-836d-11e7-a4ce-15b2513cb3ff

>UK General Election 2017: 1.8 million Scots votes 'wasted'
unvis.it/bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-40991615

>Quantitative easing is like heroin, says former Treasury official
unvis.it/theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/21/quantitative-easing-heroin-treasury-lord-macpherson-qe-financial-crash

>‘Scandal’ as £3.6bn handed to three firms
unvis.it/yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/scandal-as-3-6bn-handed-to-three-firms-1-8714156

>“It was like a religious ceremony”: What happened at Big Ben’s final bong?
unvis.it/newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/08/it-was-religious-ceremony-what-happened-big-ben-s-final-bong

>UK Supermarket ‘Sold Sausages and Ham Infected With Hepatitis’
unvis.it/novinite.com/articles/182502/UK Supermarket ‘Sold Sausages and Ham Infected With Hepatitis’

>Brexit: UK publishes more EU negotiation plans
unvis.it/bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40997985

>Prince Charles's popularity slumps to new low ahead of anniversary of Diana's death
unvis.it/uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-charless-popularity-slumps-new-low-ahead-anniversary-dianas-death-103834088.html

>Tony Blair should be prosecuted over Iraq war, high court hears
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/05/tony-blair-should-be-prosecuted-over-iraq-war-high-court-hears

Previous edition

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com/p/other-entertainment-services/actor-needed-for-african-charity-appeal-video/1262640049
counter-currents.com/extremists-studies-in-metapolitics/
nydailynews.com/opinion/katrin-park-women-bully-women-work-article-1.1994847
youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Gb8Pk2Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=nCH1IlOfDTM
news.sky.com/video/should-nelson-be-pulled-down-11000528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't waste your time reading this. You will learn no usable information and would be better served by watching Starkey's documentaries.

>Finally have William III edition
>OP forgets the last I
WN on suicide watch

Are democracy and freedom incompatible?

They're both pretty fucking gay so who cares

Well, as democracy is just the mob telling you what to do, yes.

I know that democracy is total faggotry, but what's wrong with freedom?

democracy just means thinking absolutely nothing of your opinion, if you genuinely think that everyone else's opinions are as valuable to society as yours then why fucking have opinions at all? They're all of the same worth

Good news - Andrew Neil will keep doing This Week forever.

>;-0

Fuck off you colossal fucking moron. What use is watching Starkey documentaries if the topic is constitutional law? In fact I'm only aware of one 10 year old lecture that Starkey did where he discusses anything other than Magna Carta and Bill of Rights 1689. His study is monarchism and specifically the British monarch you brainlet. If you mean the links at the bottom, then you're really clutching at straws for something to winge about. You could watch a Starkey documentary on the civil war, for example, and read a few links about it too. Or is that above you?

THE BREASTPLATE STRETCHER

xD

depends how you define it, it's a fuckin cloud of a term.

I can think of a bunch of things I don't want people to be free to do

For a given value of democracy and a given value of freedom, you can make it function.

gumtree.com/p/other-entertainment-services/actor-needed-for-african-charity-appeal-video/1262640049

>Posted by (((David)))
>"We are looking for a male actor to play a 30- 50 year old British-African entrepreneur setting up a community project in Africa."

what did he mean by this?

>Organised (((Charities)))
Not even once

Fair point. I suppose ideally I'd like people to be free but limit themselves with their own judgement and by adhering to cultural norms. It's worked in the past but there's no way it would at the moment.

Do you think? Taking America as an example, it started off free and democratic and now democracy is being used to take away as many freedoms as possible. It will never be in the interest of elected politicians to preserve freedom – they can do much better by appealing to interest groups in order to buy votes.

>We can't find any real ones to do it about so we'll have to hire an actor

yo where the memes at? some non-autist call him and record it on vocaroo. say you're a South Africa Boer and ask if he's Jewish

Lads, new Bowden Book

counter-currents.com/extremists-studies-in-metapolitics/

>Extremists: Studies in Metapolitics collects transcripts of nine of Jonathan Bowden’s most compelling orations: on Thomas Carlyle, Gabriele D’Annunzio, Charles Maurras, Martin Heidegger, Julius Evola, Savitri Devi, Yukio Mishima, and Maurice Cowling, as well as his speech “Vanguardism: Hope for the Future.” These speeches do not just explore the lives and thoughts of creative and exemplary individuals, they also illustrate three cardinal principles that Bowden repeatedly emphasized: First, political change depends upon metapolitical conditions. Second, cultural and political innovations take place on the extremes. Third, metapolitical extremists must think of themselves as vanguardists who lead the public mind to truth, not cater to illusions and folly.

>Do you think?
I do think. We got the balance right with our parlimentary system. Then we fucked it by fucking with it, and putting it back simply isn't going to happen short of armed conflict.

Is this the women only thread?

Well, we got the balance right by limiting the franchise to male taxpayers. Most people nowadays would say that that wasn't real democracy

Nah, that's upstairs.

>women only floor in the workplace
remind me why we arent encouraging this?

We aren't supposed to be a democracy, we're meant to be a parliamentary monarchy with a hereditary nobility.

Because most workplaces don't have an entire floor to spare

then a section for women
theres nothing pain worse than having to listen two middle aged woman bitch about their ex husbands

>Getting all the women in one place
>A good idea
nydailynews.com/opinion/katrin-park-women-bully-women-work-article-1.1994847
>A study this year by the Workplace Bullying Institute, an advocacy group, found that 30% of office bullies were women — and they targeted other women more than two-thirds of the time.

doesn't matter what we are supposed to be tbqh, we've become a democracy

desu i'd rather cultural norms to be enforced by the public than the government, i guess that makes me a freedomfag in a sense

This image really angers me

Who here /feels/?
youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Gb8Pk2Pk

Because then people would realise that women never do any work, so the whole floor would get fired and the company would get buried in sexism lawsuits

Limited authoritarian government and a highly judgemental culture. Just like the old days

what about at will employment like in the US

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nCH1IlOfDTM

A good speech.

what do you mean? The same thing would happen in the US – they've got more lawyers per capita than anywhere else in the world

as a norm to begin with
should end in an exclamation mark imo

Served Actively, Gulf 1 , Gulf 2, an various clandestine missions mainly ME/Africa , Hostage retrieval /Rescue , pic related is me, ama lol

also there should be an "I" at the start of the second paragraph

any proof?

Top kek - I'm old enough to remember that there were effectively women only floors when I first started work in a big office, usually called the 'typing pool'.

Yeah this, women are a fucking joke in the workplace, always moaning, sneering at each other.

A heavyweight Eurosceptic of the left - they don't seem to make them like that anymore.

>Just like the old days
It isn't though, and it won't ever be due to the passage of ideas. How do you possibly think you can revive the pillars, notably religion, which allowed for that form of society to exist?

>i'd rather cultural norms to be enforced by the public than the government
You want the cultural norms of today to be 'enforced' by the public? What's the appeal?

You seem to essentially be espousing the ideas that J S Mill proposed, no?

anyone ever failed their first year of unviersity? going to be 28 by the time i fucking graduate now. Yes I know I'm a loser but I'm trying to make my life better. I failed one module and failed the retake because my grandad had a heart attack and died in front of me a less than a week before my exam so i was too distracted to focus.

Yes i failed that module with my own laziness to study and i absolutely regret it. But I want to continue, dropped out of sixth form and got back on ym feet and did my A-Levels self-taught and got A* Maths A* Physics and A Further Maths. So I'm not a complete moron.

Just feel so crushed after fialing this exam.
>t.civil eng student

What did they mean by this?

i dont know js mill

Enoch used to admire the Indians for their large penises, I don't know why.

Indeed they don't. I feel if Labour were still that Eurosceptic, we'd have less problems with SJWs and the like. I miss them, lads. Thing that makes me kek though is Corbychev himself probably voted leave.

I was approached after RM training back then ,I was fit as a fucking butchers dog then , went to the Cadres on secondment , I was selected but dropped on a few points then showed them I was the right Calibre, an admitted , and loved them adventures , in 4/6 man teams , we would scope FOPs an it was terrifying but Brilliant , I was shot in my thigh on last mission hence the pathetic knee restraint :( . Theres two RM guys who post here , they told me Brit/pol who dont mind shitpost about slotting ragheads LOL

Are you the firstposter who guards his chickens against fox attack?

Get back on your bike lad and learn from it, 28 is no age to graduate - I did at 29. Sorry to hear about your granddad.

Are you saying you were SBS?

Lel I laughed. That's me. Geese and chickens though.

Have you been drinking today by any chance?

Total societal collapse, followed by a period of upheaval and then restoration

We have spoken many times before. Most notably when you told me about the fox attacks that you defend against, and I told you about certain foxes that cannot be destroyed by any known means.

Show medals & Beret w/ time stamp or it didn't happen.

Oddly there was very little to divide left and right in British politics after WW2 other than the ideological underpinnings in what was known as the Post War Consensus. As someoone right leaning, I can't help but be impressed with the likes of Benn and Shore. it seems that we really lack this level gravitas in our politics currently.

>being too leftist for even a Green Lord

I don't see what makes you think that would do it. Seems a bit of a cop-out really.

How are the important core ideas promoted, who promotes them, how does one prevent the reformation of exactly what came before? Furthermore how do you maintain it and avoid the march of progress that would presumably lead to a similar fate, if it ever was achieved?

Yes .
Dont be cute kid

kek.
I got DDU at A Levels last week and still made it to do neuroscience so don't worry.

>I got DDU at A Levels last week and still made it to do neuroscience
The absolute fucking state of education right now.

Dude is a troll, don't bother

I remember you friend. Well its lucky the fucker never came back if they can't be destroyed.

I also re-took a year at sixth form lmao

I thought sbs were in afghan not Iraq?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True democracy only exists when the will of the people is carried out, and for that purpose, we propose a new machine.

Fuck off, Boatmarten.

there always was a greener england

The core ideas are promoted because they are necessary to survive when times are tough. Virtues like discipline, strength and courage might be unfashionable at the moment, but people will be forced to revive them when times get tough.

The second question is more difficult, it seems as though stable societies inevitably produce excess wealth, which inevitably leads to decadent, useless people.

reminder that comfy hours are NOT 1-4am, it's NOW because all the neets are having their tendies and can't multitask and nobody's here crying about the tripfag neets either

Cannot Sorry Rules ,
I can fake pics I aint doing that , the RM guys will verify me *Nods* they know the Cadres /training

I am pretty comfy right now honestly, I thought it looked different

Going to move to Clapham

Daily reminder that Irish/Roma gypsies are a scourge on our nation.

No Amerilards, they're not Brad Pitt in Snatch. Don't romanticise these scum.

Only some of them can't be destroyed, but most of us will never know which ones can and which ones can't until we try to kill one. Did you upgrade your air rifle?

Might as well embrace the devil and move to Newham

Ok then, name the exact model of the gun and scope in the picture of "you".

news.sky.com/video/should-nelson-be-pulled-down-11000528

>The only person for pulling Nelson's column down was a Black American

I'm dying here.

Nah, I want one above 12ft/lb specifically for that but its not worth going through the effort of getting a certificate. I could upgrade the spring but that would be illegal and quite loud.

I've been reliably informed that it's mostly just yuppies an Australians, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad

An this is why we dont show pics lol
My Cap Badge/medals means more than being reposted by losers ,
Both an S/Africa shipping lanes
Being this salty eyed . are You a Dirty fat muslim taxi kid raping cunt ?

How long has it been for you lads since you last had that dream when you think you're pissing in the toilet but actually you're in bed pissing in your sleep?

>are You a Dirty fat muslim taxi kid raping cunt ?

No I bloody well am not. Are you?

C8 with a non-fibre acog. Mate that sfsg pic has been around for yonks. Pretty sure this guys used it to larp before...

Can't say I've ever had that one m8.

What do you think would happen if they actually did pull down Nelson? Would people actually sit up and take notice that they're literally erasing our history, or just continue on as they always do?

Do you want the weight an impact wound .. I aint saying shit you muslim cunt ! That AR is ok CQB but shit after 8 mtres , ok , it spread is the Colo on target at base room weapon . I will not diverse stuff to the Enemy !

If you have to get an fac, may as well get firearms instead

>that image
These will never stop being funny