Phoenicians and Jews

Though this belongs mainly in /his/ I'm curious if anyone knows the relationship between Phoenicians and Jews. As a descendant of their blood (very white blonde Lebanese with family history going back to the region for a thousand years) and I'm worried about how my ancestors dealt with Jews (I despise them). Are they related? Do I have Jewish blood? Did Phoenicians kill Jews?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muʿtazila
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quranism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Subhy_Mansour
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well first off what's your religion? This just pertains to where you were at the time of Christ which is very relevant to the location.

I'm more of a deist, but majority of my family is Shi'ite Muslim, and some orthodox Christians

Pretty sure Jews are just like any other native Levant people.They once shared the same religion as other people such as Akkadians. The Phonecians also subscribed to it I think.

slide thread
Sup Forums =/Trump/
get the fuck out, you fucking cuck shill

Phoencians and the Caanites are related some how. Either the same people or became mixed. Phonecians are know as the ancestors of the modern day Lebos. Now the Caanites are know to be the forefathers of the Lebos (through genetic testing). So... were these the same peoe or did the two groups mix?

Also the Hebrews and Caananites slaughtered each other

Well, Jacob was a Phoenician, his sons gave birth to the what will later be called the Jews. And Jacob's real name is Israel anyways.

And ISRAEL is described as a TRIBE not a land mass, Jews took it literally and thought it was a land mass.

Jews are the Sons of Esau, or Edomites. Pure Europeans are the Tribes of Israel.

Well there's a lot of tribes within Israelite's its not just one. I believe Manasseh and Judah are the two biggest now.

>Jacob was a Phoenician
See this is cool. Over here there is no real knowledge of the region before jew.

If I recall, hebrews weren't a distinct people from Caananites. They were all various city-states who worshiped city gods but all believed in EL's pantheon.

Hebrews didn't go distinct until the YHWH cult got big and they got ass-raped by the Assyrians and Akkadians.

If you are a Deist (I am too) you may find it interesting to look into a sect called the Mu'tazila. They believed in the supremacy of reason, and said that anything which contradicted it could not be true. They also rejected the hadiths.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muʿtazila

It was the religion of the Abbasid dynasty, which was responsible for beginning the Islamic Golden Age; the Golden Age ended at about the time when it was stamped out of existence by the Asharites.

Its modern version is basically what is called Qur'anism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quranism

Of course you would have to be extremely secretive about it, lest you end up like Ahmed Subhy Mansour:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Subhy_Mansour

By the way, whatever you think of the behaviour of the Jews as a class, remember to judge people as individuals also. There are some good Jews. While it is right to be conscious of the difference between men and nations, it is wrong to hate a man simply because of what he is.

So the empire of Phoenicians had no distinctive relation with the Abrahamic faith? And my descendants attacked Jews?

I like the sound of this, thank you I was in search of a faith not to far from what I'm familiar with

The Jewish religion inherited a lot of stuff from Phonecian type religions, and calmed them down, taking away the child sacrifice and shit like that. When the bible talks of Ba'al and Bealzebub, those are the evil blood gods gods that the Phonecians worshipped. When you read about Carthage sacrificing children, thats what YAWH was fighting against

None of them were technically around at the time of the Phoenicians.

My understanding is that those guys were more tolerant of classical philosophy, but then a former heretic named al Gazali came along and argued basically along the lines of Pascal's wager that one should follow the Koran literally, and even if it is wrong then it doesnt matter because death without a god is just nothingness anyways.

Phoenicians made the occasional child sacrifice to Moloch, who was the analogue to the Roman (((Saturn))). Given that they lived right next door to the Jews, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some high-level infiltration.

You share a language family with Jews at the very least, in the same way that a German does with (say) an Italian. To take an example at random, the Hebrew word "maqom," place, is cognate with the Punic word "macum." Make of that what you will.

Phoenicians were the BEST traders of their time, go figure.

Well they had the access to naval trade with the ocean.

Yes: in sum, al-Ghazali came along and declared that the "gates of ijtihad," or discussion about religion, were now shut, and declared that the truth had now been found out once and for all. The hadiths were infallible, reason was of no consequence, and freedom of will was an illusion. He personally persecuted Averroes, Avicenna, and other luminaries of the Islamic Golden Age. His sect the Asharites wiped the Mu'tazila out of existence, and the consequence is that, for the past thousand years, the Arabic world has not translated as many books into the Arabic language as Spain does books into its own language in a single year.

>very white blonde Lebanese with family history going back to the region for a thousand years
>majority of my family is Shi'ite Muslim
>some orthodox Christians
I have my doubts here.. most of the "whites" of Lebanon seem to be the christian ones. The muslims were the darker, lower class invaders/refugees. Ofc, some will convert and what not, but the upper class whites were the christians. If most of your family was muslim, stands to reason that most of your family was brown and not white.

iirc, the "traveling merchant with no home" aspect of the jews came from an outside tribe, that married into the jews as personified as Moses' brother in law. It was sinful for them to own land or something.

Don't all Abrahamic have connection to Saturn and use the sacred geometry of it?

Basically the levantine-mesopotamian region all had an interesting faith system that occured from emerging forms of civilization.

Basically at the time there were city-states. Everyone basically believes in a reformatted version of the Mesopotamian faith, the likes of El, Eniki/Ea, Ishitar.
But they didn't believe the gods of nature cared for man because the Tigris and Euphrates were unpredictable and chaotic. Instead they worshiped city-deities. Every city had a god and priest-kings who could commune with them.

The hebrews were a tribe or federation of tribes endemic to the kingdom of Israel, their city deity was Yaweh. Over time the Yaweh cult grew bold and started to be worshiped as something greater, likely a result of warring with neighboring Akkadians.

The Hebrews were eventually crushed by invading forces and became second class citizens in to Babylon. This caused them to resent the Akkadians and abandon the old belief in the pantheon. They called Akkadians retards for "worshiping idols" and condemned all their practices as evil. They shat on the god Hadad of the Storms by calling him Baal Ze Bulb(Lord of the Flies, a pile of shit). The Jewish religion changed from then on into monotheism.

My family converted only about 100 years ago

don't most of the christian lebs look down on the muslims with disdain tho?

That's incorrect. The traveling merchant came from jews being expelled from their home and being forced to live as second class citizens in Babylon. Their entire religion, as with all monotheistic faiths (Even Zoroastrianism) is a result of asshurt at the hands of polytheists. Jews have a slave morality not because of egypt, but because of Babylon.

Assuming Moses existed, it's stated he came from Ur, that would make Moses a Mesopotamian.

Remember that all these people weren't living that far from each other and had shared beliefs, The Phoneticians basically believed the same liberal polytheistic network as everyone, it's the jews who opted out due to asshurt.

That was a recent thing with the divide between Muslims and Christians during the 1970's civil war. The divide had more to do with who sided with Palestinians

Imagine a tree that forks.
Phoenicians are closer to the base of the tree.
Jews are one fork.
Lebanese are another.

You are related and have common ancestors but you are not the same. Every family has black sheep, don't worry too much about it.

Yeah most Muslims look pretty dark almost like Bedouin. I'm Lebanese Druze and most of my family is pretty light skin.

That's the best way anyone has said it so far

Thought there was already a tradition of "le wandering group" within the semites that the Levites pulled from, possibly the Kohathites (?) that predated the jews' expulsion.

Jews ended up hating all the dieties of the local pantheon due to wars. Moloch was shat on probably because his worship was barbaric, but they also shit on other stuff.

There is a pole that was present in some Phoneician housholds that paid tribute to the wife of El, Ishtar, Goddess of fertility and life. The old testament shits on it and Jews and Christians have a completely different understanding of what the old book is even complaining about.

Shi'ites are full of gingers and blonds for some reason, it's a southern thing.

The ancient Hebrews were ethnic Phoenician rednecks who lived in the hills. Modern Ashkenazi Jews are a highly inbred merchant clan which is genetically about 60% European, descended from Judean men who married Italian women 2000 years ago.

Yes that's exactly it

Well yeah, this was early civilization so you had people protected in city state fortresses and farmers and wandering traders. Jews don't have that origin, they used to be a powerful city-state and kicked a lot of ass.

But then Assyrians came. Assyrians were a war machine culture that used siege warfare. They broke Israel and weakened them enough for the Akkadians to take their land.

Akkadians used a form of genocide where they pulled their victims into the capital to serve as second class citizens. The Jews however kept their cult going and reshaped their beliefs into Monotheistic Judaism, built on their new life style as being merchants. Babylon basically dispersed them and all they had left was their faith. So they became the homeless traveling merchant.

Some shiites live in christian villages and they do have some gingers in their families, its not very common though.

I understand blond, but where on earth did all the gingers come from and why did they decide to inbreed on southern lebanon

I lived in the south for some time, I promise you they are

I have two aunts and several cousins and nephews/nieces who are gingers

Yeah, part of my family are also gingers, another part blond as well, I wonder if one of my great grandpas made each of his kids marry from a specific race

Abraham was from southern Babylon. The Bible states that the descendants of Ham founded Babylon. Jews are the descendants of Ham, his name is Abra Ham. They claim to be descended from Shem, gods favorite. Jews have a bad habit of subverting the truth so don't believe them. The Bible says that gods chosen people will spread to the four corners of the Earth and build nations. Now ask yourself, who lives in the four corners, of the map, obviously the world is round. So fuck off flat Earthers. Who build the nations of the world? Who are the real chosen people?
Haplogroup I=Japheth
Haplogroup J=Ham
Haplogroup R=Shem

Perhaps but maybe you had a similar scenario like my family with high levels of inbreeding thus causing an unsual genetic mutation

Jews thought the middle east was the entire world.

Supposedly the various skin, hair, and eye colors of caucasians come from our ancestors banging neanderthals. There's not enough time for us to have developed all those genetic variations by ourselves; for them to happen as quickly as it did, it had to come form interbreeding with another species that already had them, namely neanderthals. So it was actually your great great great... whatever that got a hard on for a thicc cavewoman.

both worship Moloch

Based on Archeological finds Moloch wasn't a popular phonetician god. There isn't much of him.

I actually like phoenician culture and nations.
Carthage even tho was evil as fuck, had a great empire with wonderful culture and history (well if you disclude Moloch worshiping newborn sacrificing.)

But i fucking despise Judean jews. I wish i could go back in time and kill the first jew Abraham.

>Carthage even tho was evil as fuck

Come on man, roman propaganda

No such thing.
Romans dindu nuffin. They wuz honest and very honorabru.
You are just butthurt carthaginian so DELENDA EST.

>I'm worried about how my ancestors dealt with Jews

Don't worry, goy. I'm sure my (((ancestors))) were patient with your ancestor's degenerate ability to accumulate debt.