Christianity

Red pill me on religion.

I want to believe, I crave it. Do you really believe or are you playing along? Do you think of the Bible as the literal word of God or do you believe these stories are simply a guide to life, written by better men?

I used to be certain there was no God but due to advancements in quantum mechanics I'm inclined to believe this is a 'simulation', and this simulation must have a creator, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
youtu.be/zBZH0uoUZH4
youtu.be/TY1_sYnr0gE
deism.com/theageofreason.htm
youtu.be/KK3eh4Z5Ko4
youtu.be/wth-zdYpX80
youtu.be/YrkYDzILgtA
youtu.be/n_OlX7M5MLA
youtu.be/WN31FCcUlLk
youtu.be/cfffRl4RT4s
youtu.be/6cEUXYlc-Q0
youtu.be/2_Z_br-4RCo
youtu.be/UKyyaURZW-o
youtu.be/d-L60LJR0LU
youtu.be/bRSFqV0Kz38
youtu.be/GrZ1IfD_4UQ?list=PLYIk4MAUnGh09aqyOT8We4lfEJ6H8pWRb
youtu.be/pW0FIs9-8No?list=PL02BB426EEB898F10
youtu.be/Vekkf5WNKdk
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
youtube.com/watch?v=cdueE96leK8&t=212s
youtube.com/watch?v=k0xClWgidZU&t=963s
youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk-PryW9AuBjcjJFNeThlu7MMuXPgl101
youtube.com/results?search_query=rabbi dovid gottlieb
ohr.edu/992
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In term of proof there is no way of saying either way.

Therefore it is a matter of personal choice. Do you want to live in a universe were we are all accountable for our actions or do you not?

God does not owe us faith. Obidience comes first, that is my experience.

Here's my problem. I haven't heard a convincing argument yet for faith. Usually its some guy endlessly trying to excuse specifics in the Bible etc. It comes over as desperate, I feel like I'm being talked to like I'm retarded or gullible.

I don't care about specifics. I want the bigger picture, why should I have faith?

There's no argument, there is no convincing. You have to find it for yourself. Christ is better seen as a phenomenon imho, something that *happened* to humanity. Noone knew who He was at first, it was figured out later and all the pieces fit. The first books written were not maps to faith, they were Testaments to wonder. Read them often enough and the pieces will come together intuitively on their own, that's why Christianity from within is considered to be Truth and the Life yet from the outside appears contradictory.

Try reading "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis

He presents the case for religion (and not just christianity) using morality and human nature and not "Muh bible said so" and it doesnt come off as preachy

Interesting read

Thanks. I think I'll start reading and take it from there.

NEVER trust jews. Have you learned nothing?
Why would you worship a literal fucking kike?

Pills, Pills, you motherfuckers sound like a goddamn tree full of parrots. STFU.

Thanks, downloaded.

>In Russia...we have no pills.

I was an atheist for the longest time, but I always felt something tugging at me that led me to never truly abandon the idea there was some form of God out there in this vast, and infinite, universe. One day I decided for the hell of it to volunteer at a local church, fast forward a few months later, I have an amazing social circle and a (imo) 10/10 aryan princess. I also found my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ during all of this.

Religion sucks but the community is the important part. Accepting Christ as your savior is the only important part in the grand scheme of things. Religion/Church is man-made and easily manipulated by those with power to control those who come to God's doorstep weary and tired.
It's about your actions, so be a good boy, accept the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart and let God lead you on the path He has created for you.
Remember, it's the little details where God works. So if you're looking for a big PRAISE JEEBUS moment you'll never find it.
God Bless

>Do you really believe
Our simulation has a creator and he would have a creator and this cycle would continue until you reach an inevitable end, which would have to be some most powerful and almighty simulation creator which we can label God.

>Do you think of the Bible as the literal word of God
No, some parts are half truths.

>or do you believe these stories are simply a guide to life, written by better men?
It was assembled by people who were likely much smarter than most of us. The Gnostic gospels include many truths not evident in the Bible, however it is easy to misconstrue the Gnostic gospels and come to the wrong conclusions by fault of your own limits of understanding. The Bible is easy for the average man to digest and points us along the right path.

Here is another problem, if all documentation and "knowledge" on current religions were to be destroyed today, they would never come back in the same form or name

Try again sweetie

how can you 'find' it if 99% of bible arguements is "DURR im right because bible say so and bible is written by god because bible said so."

for fucks sake even if you believe that horseshit you can't argue that it's been translated so many times that it's lost half it's original meaning.

Fking really, absolutely brilliant when people bring up 'it in da bible dat dere yoos can't does dat' all the while ignoring the shit like how you're supposed to literally gouge out your own eyes if you give glances to women.

THIS

>Do you really believe or are you playing along
No, and I'm not even playing along.

>Do you think of the Bible as the literal word of God or do you believe these stories are simply a guide to life, written by better men?
Not the literal word. It's some history mixed with some teaching. Some of it is relevant to modern life, but not all of it.

>I'm inclined to believe this is a 'simulation', and this simulation must have a creator, right?
If that's your conclusion, sure, but we have no reason to believe that it is the Judeo-Christian god.

I have faith but I consider that the objective existence of God, whichever, is uttlerly irrelevant. God is not in the scientific dimension of knowledge, but in the faith.

Faith move mountains, not God. Faith is the only manifestation of Gof in Earth, so Faith is the objective itself of modern religions, like Christianism.

My takign is heavily influenced by Kierkegaard, whom is categorical about the necessity of the leap of faith to be an honest and good christian.

>The Gnostic gospels

Interesting, in which ways are they more complex? Is this the 'dead sea scrolls'?

>Do you really believe or are you playing along?
Jesus Christ is the Son of God and my Lord and Savior. Yes, I really believe.

>Do you think of the Bible as the literal word of God or do you believe these stories are simply a guide to life, written by better men?
The Bible was written by men under inspiration from God, and you need God to understand it.

Being a Christian is easy.

Sounds like you're growing out of atheism OP, happened to most of us. The idea there is no God is absurd when you think about it. Which belief system is right is the real question. I personally believe in Christianity because:

The historical evidence for the resurrection:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
The first 30 minutes is what's important from this one, the rest is questions and answers.

Ex-atheist scientist tells his story of becoming Christian after realizing that the story of creation in Genesis actually makes the most sense and gets a lot of things right compared to other religious books:
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs

Cold case detective, former atheist analyzed the gospels using his skills and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the true religion and what is written in the New Testament is real.
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o

To summarize

1. The chain of custody is sound, the story doesn't change over time.
2. There was stuff in the Bible that was later confirmed by archeology(places, people, etc.)
3. There are even non-believers' accounts of some stuff Jesus did, just from them you can know a lot about Jesus if you piece it all together.
4. The differences between gospels aren't a bad sign, because witnesses rarely agree on stuff. If every eyewitness would say the same thing, it would be very fishy and would mean they probably talked to each other at one point.
5. The apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?

I believe because I had extraterrestrial encounters and died. I died in 2014 but I'm still here. We will learn to die, while alive, entering back into the as designed Adam or Eve biology. To get there you have to accept the fact that the freedom to use deception - which is the mark of being a human- is slavery, not free will. It's slavery because you are a slave to deception - yours or someone else's. The Adam or Eve state biology is biologically unable to utter any deceptions - by choice - because lying imparts slavery and is anti-free will.

This is what's coming on or shortly after the Sept 23rd event. The end times means the end of stupidity, pain and suffering

You won't need a religion to prove it.

>Is this the 'dead sea scrolls'?
No, they are simply Gospels that were decided to not be included in the Bible.

>Interesting, in which ways are they more complex?
They speak of interactions in the heavens and the very nature of the human thought process. They are also not to be taken literally. They include many parables that can be misinterpreted. Some of the more foolish who read them come to conclusions such as Satan being God or some angel mentioned being God, instead of the highest and most powerful creator over all being God.

This is what convinced me, CS Lewis writes so well and lays it all out nicely. It is hard to pick up the Bible and be convinced of anything because of bias. Lewis does this without the Bible.

Christianity was created by the Flavius dynasty and all the historic records witnessing Jesus never mention him except the bible.

youtu.be/zBZH0uoUZH4
youtu.be/TY1_sYnr0gE

I joined Celebrate Recovery, it was a huge eye opener into what "religion" is actually supposed to look like. The people are so open about there faults and rely on God for strength. It is how Church is actually suppose to be ran imo.

Christianity would come back but you might have called it something else yes.

I believe in it, although tons of idiots seem to confuse Jewish laws that Christians no longer follow with "contradictions," or will avoid the fact that the many words throughout the original languages of scripture were limited by the less complex vocabular, thus, bringing into question what many things throughout the bible literally meant.

Usually, you can use contextual evidence (with the original words) to discover a better interpretation than the English version of the Bible.

there is nothing to indicate that it would, or else it would have manifested itself in isolated populations across the globe without outside interferrence, and it hasnt.

Not necessarily true, as many individuals dedicate their life to studying a religion or religions in depth.

sorry bro you're not making sense

What goes for roman catholicism: West is cucked east is based.

This, really.

I lived a pretty diligent life as a christian for about a decade, before some things happened. But I can say with absolute confidence that the effective practice of true Christianity breeds many valuable traits in young men like myself.

Patients when it's needed, contentment with life, and an ability to see the best in every person. But most of all it gave me a source of strength in it's practice of quite reflection. Things like this are what Jesus called the fruits of the spirit.

That's my experience, at least.

You don't need to have faith. I recommend that you look into something called Deism. It came out of England and was the religion of Franklin, Jefferson, Paine, and Voltaire. What it means is, the belief in God on the basis of reason. A recent convert to it was the formerly atheist philosopher Antony Flew. Remember that the ancient philosophers believed in God, and they did not need this thing called faith to do; only pure reason.

Christianity versus atheism versus paganism is a false trichotomy. There is a fourth way, and that is Deism.

Bear in mind also that most Deists also considered themselves Christians, and had a great respect for the Bible. But they accepted only those teachings in it that they thought to be morally just.

Incidentally, as an introduction to Deism, I recommend Thomas Paine's great work "The Age of Reason."

deism.com/theageofreason.htm

"I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.

But, lest it should be supposed that I believe in many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man, that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe."

Thanks user, these will be very useful for me.

God is real. I read the Bible to learn about Him. He loves you and wants to know you. If you ask, he will listen. If you listen, He will answer.

Don't be an idiot and fall for the Sky Wizard = Christianity thing it's a ideology of truth, self sacrifice and the idea that life suffering but society can lessen it through community.

Most Christians believe in magic, that's why they all love Harry Potter. A magical sky wizard will not communicate with you telepathically if you think words while folding your hands

Literal Word of God. It makes way too much sense. Though, faith is beyond simple intellectual acknowledgement.

U Wut M8?

Teaches good values, its institutions are shit.

Very interesting. Will look into this.

>literally gouge out your own eyes if you give glances to women.
>literally
You are misusing that word. Tons of people on here always offer other arguments for scripture, but then people move on from attacking the validity of scripture to trying to nitpick (while ironically knowing that the Bible is edited) scriptures to take them out of context. For instance the scripture that many people use to claim Christianity is pacifist, although ironically, you have people who also dislike Christianity and say it's just as violent as islam, and they proceed to use the same tactics as nitpicking. The reason why various trabslations/interpretations of the Bible exist, is because of the vocabulary of back then being very limited, so many things did get lost in translation.

Here's an example:
"Yom" is the modern day word for "Day" but in the bible, Yom is used thousands of times to translate days, weeks, months, years, unspecific periods of time, consecutively, etc.

This also occurs for a lot of words throughout the bible that some argue has contextual evidence (you cannot make up an interpretation without presenting no argument). A good example of this is homosexuality. Some sects argue that the literal word "homosexuality" didn't exist at the time, and the words used to describe homosexuals in the bible, is in reference to male prostitutes. Others argue that other parts of the scripture, such as the one stating a man cannot lie with a man, or marriage being between one man and a woman, as contextual evidence that homosexuality was implied in the story that mentions the male prostitutes. This is just one example in which multiple sets if Christianity may drastically differ in. Obviously not everyone can be right, but there is a valid reason for the arguments.

Modern day Hebrew word*

God is the answer to the infinite regress problem of existence. God that which is logically prior to everything: space, time, branes and bulks, quantum foam, laws of mathematics, everything. That's why we identify God with the creator and describe him as eternal.

God is utterly transcendent. We cannot describe God accurately with human categories. Even saying "God exists" is impossible, because it places God in a human category (existence), which he transcends. Nor can we say "God does not exist," because non-existence is also a human idea. Anything we say about God is an approximation, a translation from something ineffable into something we understand.

Although God is transcendent, he made himself known to humanity at many times in the past. Around 2000 years ago, God united his nature with Man's in the person of Jesus Christ. Because of this, Man is able to enjoy greater communion with God.

That's Christianity in a nutshell. God is utterly incomprehensible, but also made himself known as a common person.

Religion is just another form of governing and control.

All religions put their priest class at the very top and bow and scrape to them just like any tribal system would do

All religions leech off the people by peddling salvation and good feels for money and pay virtually no taxes.

A huge % of the priest class are highly corrupt and degenerates themselves, many pedos mafia and terrorists in robes.

Every religion demands you follow a rulebook, some are common sense but many are ridiculous and are predominantly about manipulation to further said the religions cause.

That is not to say religion is bad in itself, just dont take it too seriously and certainly no fucking book pretending to carry words/commands from some god.

finally every religion of note has a high profile leader/class born as its savoir.....this in itself should set off the BS alarm bells.

IMO if there is a god it is far more likely to be some advanced race or entity and certainly not the book versions...

We shall all know when we die anyway.

/Creationism Official/

Good Evening fellow Sup Forums guys. I present to you compelling evidence for the existence of God, the scientific accuracy of the Christian Bible, and ammunition to save the souls of atheists, agnostics and heathens. Please reserve accusations of intellect. If you truly believe yourself to be objective, intellectual and scientific, you must understand the importance of weighing the information diametrically opposed to what is taught as mainsteam.

Heil Hitler.

Seminar 1: Age of the Earth
youtu.be/KK3eh4Z5Ko4

Seminar 2: The Garden of Eden
youtu.be/wth-zdYpX80

Seminar 3: Dinosaurs and the Bible
youtu.be/YrkYDzILgtA

Seminar 4: Lies in the Textbooks
youtu.be/n_OlX7M5MLA

Seminar 5: The Dangers of Evolution
youtu.be/WN31FCcUlLk

Seminar 6: The Hovind Theory
youtu.be/cfffRl4RT4s

Seminar 7: Questions and Answers
youtu.be/6cEUXYlc-Q0

DEBATES: Dr. Kent Hovind Vs.

Hugh Ross(Christian Evolutionist):
youtu.be/2_Z_br-4RCo

3 Embry-Riddle University Professors:
youtu.be/UKyyaURZW-o

Dr. Michael Shermer (Evolutionist):
youtu.be/d-L60LJR0LU

Dr. Trivers (Rutgers University-Evolutionist):
youtu.be/bRSFqV0Kz38

Full Debate Series:
youtu.be/GrZ1IfD_4UQ?list=PLYIk4MAUnGh09aqyOT8We4lfEJ6H8pWRb

****COLLEGE COURSE: CSE****
(outstanding and informative)
youtu.be/pW0FIs9-8No?list=PL02BB426EEB898F10

WHY KENT HOVIND WAS IMPRISONED
ALEX JONES INFOWARS:
youtu.be/Vekkf5WNKdk

=========================
FLAT EARTH IS NOT BIBLICAL
Flat Earth (along with 'Reptilian Theory') was made to:
1) Make Christians look foolish
2) Discredit REAL conspiracieas(9-11, Holocaust, JFK, Moon)
=========================

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
Acts 13:47 KJV

Wrong racemixing is a sin

NOTES TO DISSENTERS:
“O full of all subtilty and all mischief,thouchild of the devil,thouenemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?”

"Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you."

"But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming."
Acts 13

Note: OP will not be here to answer questions (August 23rd) but normally will. Expect daily threads.

BABES IN CHRIST AND THOSE LOOKING TO STRENGTHEN THEIR FAITH: IMG attached is an excellent resource. Beware of the Mormon pop-up ads.

Religion is a meaningless, empty tool that once fulfilled does a good job controlling large numbers of people.

the Word of Christ and our Lord, God is Truth.
you either know the Truth in your heart, or you don't. It's a choice, there is no control involved, just rules/Law. God does not care if you believe in Him, He believes in you. Jesus wants you to believe for your own good, and others.

Jesus lived, and is documented to have existed by multiple sources/texts from around the world. The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but the beauty is in being able to choose to believe it or not. It's simplistic, and a little asinine to take any word literally, and the Bible itself is specifically coded and recursively layered to mean certain things, and the book elaborates upon itself through stories in which the Lord (whatever it may be) did his mysterious work. I think it bothers people that we can't understand everything what was going on when Jesus was alive, and before, but we also can't go to the moon anymore. what gives, right? we will always strive to know more, and there will always be more to know. that is the complexity of Creation.

the only way to "know" is to observe patterns and choose to believe the interpretations you assign to their arrangements. this takes effort and vigilance, and also not ignoring, but including disciplines like "Science" and quantum mechanics as being explanatory and not contradictory.

Wrong. Moses had an Ethiopian wife.

Please overcome your penis insecurity, realize "BBC" is a Jewish lie. Penis size has nothing to do with race and more to do with height.

The earth is flat. The word in hebrew for firmament has the root word of "flat beaten out sheet of metal"
>Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

Common English Bible
God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters to separate the waters from each other.” God made the dome and separated the waters under the dome from the waters above the dome. And it happened in that way. God named the dome Sky.There was evening and there was morning: the second day.

This is already discussed in the screencap you need to vcome back and have any ADDITIONAL comments on that section

Marxism is destroying every form of community from the inside. We as western society must protect ourselves against marxist indoctrinations and Islam ideology. Those values tries to control people with fear, shame and violence. Crushing every form of 'The Self, The Individual. They see you nothing more then a slave or a nonbeliever. Because of absent of a better alternative, is Christianity our only barrier to protect ourselves against marixsm and the Islam. Christianity can unite people together as a group with Christian values, values what the western society is build on. Without Christianity the western society as we know it would collapse and marxism and the Islam has room to take its place instead. Don't be foolish to think you can fight those ideologies alone with only believing in yourself. They are united with many and you stand no chance against them or us Christians.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this thread. Being religious and calling yourself a theist means believing in Gods and deities. That is the definition of the term, and thus believing in Gods and deities as they are defined is also a requirement to say you are a theist.

Everyone thinks there is something bigger, including the most staunch atheist out there. That doesn't make you religious. Everyone worth a shit recognizes the value of quiet refection and community, doesn't make you religious.

I am a determinist, so I think there a driving force that makes things happen. I think a lot of you pick and choose religious types think that is what God is. But there isn't a religious text anywhere that describes God that way, certainly not the bible.

Maybe you would all be doing yourselves and community a favor if you dropped your fear of admitting you are an atheist. Maybe you would discover you can attain the same great things you acquire through religion and be an atheist at the same time.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

if you require proof for faith. You have already failed in your duty to mankind.

Scientology is where it's at. They have spaceships and aliens and shit, no less believable than dudes getting resurrected and demons fucking with people.

Personally I like to pray to the dark pantheon of the warhammer 40k universe. With the power of Nurgle and the glorious light of Slaanesh guiding me I know things will turn out alright.

That really activated my orbital bombardment of cyclonic torpedos.

Are there any modern 'interpretations' of Christianity that aren't so soft? The church looks weak to me and people seem to follow Christianity for social reasons more than anything. Are there modern crusaders?

youtube.com/watch?v=cdueE96leK8&t=212s
youtube.com/watch?v=k0xClWgidZU&t=963s

:P I totally ment the Emperor guides my hand!

The website at the bottom is a shill website, it has crap answers, btu jewtube and here there are good flat earth stuff

>:P I totally ment the Emperor guides my hand!
DAS RITE MANE!

Dont forget you are always 6 degrees from Heresy and must fight the evil of THEM with every breath and every day you are here as your duty to yourself and mankind.

When I see the arrogance of whites and the things that are happening in your societies, the more I'm reminded that He in fact does exist.

Deuteronomy 28:15-45
>But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

Cuckery
>Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her

Refugees and foreigners take your land. It's already happening
>thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein

Whites work and work and yet all the fruits of their labors go to foreigners at their expense
>thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof. The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed always:

The result of breaking God's commands
>Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:

And yet, atheists/satanists/nihilists/paganfags still out their heads in the sand. Good luck with your race being destroyed all because you deem yourselves above "mere superstition".

youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI

heres the picture

i unironically love flat earth threads. it's great practice for critical thinking and arguing with fools

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk-PryW9AuBjcjJFNeThlu7MMuXPgl101

youtube.com/results?search_query=rabbi dovid gottlieb

ohr.edu/992

(Last two links for skeptics, first link is a playlists with over 24 hours of lectures on the Messianic implications of Donald Trump and the 2016 Presidential Election)

You can talk but you dont have proof to back it up

Whenever people say G-d, pretend they said "the ideal self."

Sorry here it is, the pink one is for reference

well the pink is the real one too but it's been written over if you dont want tat

Catholicism. The original and the true. We do not care about the changing landscape within secular culture, the Church will not change her beliefs to satisfy the morally depraved as the Protestants tend to.

Monks, for one who partakes of sensuality, poverty is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"And a poor, destitute, penniless person gets into debt. For one who partakes of sensuality, getting into debt is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"And a poor, destitute, penniless person, having gotten into debt, owes interest payments. For one who partakes of sensuality, interest payment is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"And when a poor, destitute, penniless person owing interest payments does not pay interest on time, they serve him notice. For one who partakes of sensuality, being served notice is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"And when a poor, destitute, penniless person, being served notice, does not pay, they hound him. For one who partakes of sensuality, being hounded is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"And when a poor, destitute, penniless person, being hounded, does not pay, he is put into bondage. For one who partakes of sensuality, bondage is suffering in the world."

"Yes, lord."

"Thus, monks, poverty is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality. Getting into debt is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality. Interest payment is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality. Being served notice is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality. Being hounded is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality. Bondage is suffering in the world for one who partakes of sensuality.

Turk pls

You'd have to be an absolute retard to believe in the fairy tale bullshit of Christianity.

That said, feel free. BUT DON'T BECOME A SLAVE TO THE CHURCH. Jesus himself fucking said so:

>But none of you should be called a teacher. You have only one teacher, and all of you are like brothers and sisters.
>Don’t call anyone on earth your father. All of you have the same Father in heaven.
>None of you should be called the leader. The Messiah is your only leader.

I'm a noob in the bible and this may be the wrong quote, but I know there is more than one on the subject.

Follow the traditions, teachings and values of christ. They may have been aimed at destroying the Roman empire but we've followed them for long enough, bled for them and they have been our strength. Remember that in the end christianity is about family, civility (civility is nothing more than minding others) and honor.

Also DO NOT fucking become religious or even learn about religion before learning of its HISTORY. Do fucking not. That's what muds do.

"In the same way, monks, whoever has no conviction with regard to skillful mental qualities, no sense of conscience with regard to skillful mental qualities, no sense of concern with regard to skillful mental qualities, no persistence with regard to skillful mental qualities, no discernment with regard to skillful mental qualities is, in the discipline of a noble one, said to be poor, destitute, & penniless.

"He — in this way poor, destitute, & penniless —engages in misconduct by way of the body, misconduct by way of speech, misconduct by way of the mind. For him, I tell you, this is getting into debt.

"For the purpose of concealing his bodily misconduct, his verbal misconduct, his mental misconduct, he formulates evil desires: He desires, 'May they not know about me.' He resolves, 'May they not know about me.' He speaks, [thinking,] 'May they not know about me.' He makes an effort with his body, [thinking,] 'May they not know about me.'
For him, I tell you, this is interest payment.

"And then his companions say about him, 'This one acts in this way, behaves in this way.'
For him, I tell you, this is being served notice.

"And then, wherever he goes, sits, lies, falls asleep, stands up, eats, drinks, he is beset with evil, unskillful thoughts accompanied by remorse.
For him, I tell you, this is being hounded.

"He — poor, destitute, & penniless, having engaged in misconduct by way of the body, misconduct by way of speech, & misconduct by way of the mind — on the break-up of the body, after death, is bound by the bond of hell or the bond of the animal womb.
And I can imagine no one other bond so tormenting, so painful, so obstructive to the unexcelled rest from bondage, as the bond of hell or the bond of the animal womb."

Don't you think it's arrogant to believe everyone that came before us and accomplished great things were completely retarded?

checkem

faith in grace is the key to Jesus Christ. period.

Here we see the Turk in his native habitat - the mosque

ever notice that everyone on pol that is against Christianity are so very angry while the ones who believe are peaceful? of course not, nevermind

Most people are susceptible to suggestion. We're seeing that right now with Trump Derangement Syndrome - literally it's mass hysteria.

For susceptible folks, religion fills the need to believe.

Religion and the cultures they support have been subject to over 10,000 years of "selection". Cultures (and peoples, sometimes) with non-propagating religions or beliefs die out, those who propagate survive.

It becomes a choice, what you think the fate of humanity should be: 7th century mud hut Islam, or scientifically advancing, logic and reason valuing Christianity.

No, I'm not talking that "back to the Bible Zionist Christianity" that has been spread for the last 50 years, I mean the old "as practiced" protestant Christianity.

Many good comments here. But to boil it down for someone interested, I have a few thoughts for you to consider:

Q1. Many people say God didn't create this world because the Bible says it was created in 7 days, and there's no mention of the dinosaurs.
A1. The Bible has many stories and accounts written that are to be interpreted and applied to life as it exists. The 7 days argument is taken much too literally. Those 7 days could mean 7 periods of 1,000,000 years, 10,000,000 years etc. (I'm not caught up on the exact age of the world).

Q2: (My Favorite) Even if A1 was true, scientists have proven that the Big Bang was the creation of it all.
A2: Where did the atoms and physical matter that combusted in the Big Bang come from?
Where did the dimensional playing field that allowed for a Big Bang to even happen come from?God would have used some method to create the world.God has placed a series of natural laws that govern our existence, galaxy, solar system. Meaning that from the very beginning, everything would have had a logical explanation - the reason for this is because He wanted us to have a true relationship with Him. Free Will would not be what it is in regards to Him if there wasn't an opposing theory to His existence. He created a world by means which would not directly lead to Him, so that we may choose to see His work and choose to see Him as our creator and later our savior. A forced relationship is not a true relationship.

Q3: God is a man-made construct that forces people to live a certain way, a form a slavery.
A3: Isn't is odd how those who do all the things that God tells us to avoid doing, end up in a worse situation. The things that we are not supposed to do are the very things that are detrimental to our relationship with others and the society we live in. They also deteriorate our mental health, because we innately know they are bad and a sense of guilt accompanies that behavior.