How would a new Civil War commence

All these retards are saying a Civil War 2 is on the horizon. Don’t get me wrong, I would love one to happen, but is it really even possible in this age?

How would it even happen? We’re too intermixed to declare sides, and besides the fact that we have all the guns and would wipe leftists out in a week, wouldn’t the government just declare martial law and shut it down immediately?

I’m curious as to what would actually happen if a new Civil War happened and how it would unfold and be faught.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-23/united-nations-issues-rare-early-warning-signals-potential-civil-conflict-america
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It would look a lot like Northern Ireland. Organized killings on both sides, government response handicapped by international pressure and backers of both sides within.

It wouldn't be as organised as people think because the internet would be gone within weeks and electricity itself would become intermittant. The only thing thing that will come of it would be a huge surge in crime and a devistated US economy.

The rest of the world is where the real wars would happen. Without the US keeping a tab on things there will be all kinds of chaos.

its logistically impossible. all it would be is destructive chaos, and we would be left hoping that something can grow out of the ashes.

Portions of active military and/or law enforcement must join the effort and shoot at the remaining military and/or law enforcement loyal to who/whatever is in power in DC at that time for there to be a true Civil War.

I do not see states seceding. I also do not see protest movements which do not have the usurpation and replacement of the Federal Government being sufficient enough to start a true Civil War.

>I do not see states seceding.

There may be ideological bastions.

Obligatory.

can agree it would be just like that, i can always give ye tips if it goes down

We feifdoms now boi

zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-23/united-nations-issues-rare-early-warning-signals-potential-civil-conflict-america
see you soon lads

the military would get involved and it would probably devolve into both sides fighting the military while occasionally taking potshots at each other in the crossfire.

But there are no credible outside powers that can project military power across the pacific or the Atlantic.

The Soviet Empire was a superpower because their vast territory gave them shitloads of opportunities to project power locally.

Before Civil War 1, the southern states succeeded from the Union.
So, from square one, there were two different geographical sides, governments, militaries.

I don't see any states succeeding anymore.
For example, anyone who succeeded would lose all the money they had paid into Social Security, etc.
Have money in your local bank? It's no longer FDIC insured.
Invest money in the stock market? 401K? IRA? In your new succeeded country, that is now a foreign bank account.

>implying at least a quarter of the military complex wouldn't turn

The US army/LE will stay loyal to the president and won't permit any confrontation.

CIVIL WAR NOW

it has been going on for years

I've been telling friends for some time that this was going to happen. However war really requires some military aspect on both sides and I don't see that happening...so I generally think of it as a mass Civil Insurrection more than war. At it's extreme I could see the U.S. becoming Balkanized with secession already having an uptick amongst state politicians. Once California, Texas, Alaska, Dixie and any other state begins to formally secede then possibly everything would simmer down as more leave the Union.

Our military would immediately take out Hollywood and New York media outlets. Please let it happen.

yes i am implying. The military/police are there to follow orders.

What if the rebels went up first?

What about a coup?

CIVIL WAR NOW

If it did happen, it would take the form of escalating insurgent/guerilla warfare, not a clear cut war.

Likely radical leftists versus the government (probably not much different from the weather underground), or more likely, many different factions on the left and the right fighting, while the government stops both.

It probably won't happen though, because the FBI, CIA, and similar agencies are widespread, and excellent at nipping things like that in the bud.

If this agencies became compromised by in-fighting however, all bets are off. If violent extremists and revolutionaries can grow their bases of support, arm, and train with infiltration, then that's a situation a situation where a real, genuine civil war MIGHT happen.

But it would be nothing like the first civil war.

Sanctuary cities are current day ideological bastions. You'd see more of that, and then when the authorities tried to enforce their will, the fun would start.