STATE OF DISASTER ISSUED FOR 30 COUNTIES IN TEXAS

HAPPENING

GOV. ABBOTT ISSUES STATE OF DISASTER FOR 30 TEXAS COUNTIES AHEAD OF HURRICANE HARVEY

mobile.twitter.com/TxStormChasers/status/900474884060479490

ABSOLUTELY HAPPENING

Texas I'ma let you finish and all-

>The preemptive State of Disaster declaration includes the following counties:

>Aransas
>Austin
>Bee
>Calhoun
>Chambers
>Colorado
>Brazoria
>DeWitt
>Fayette
>Fort Bend
>Galveston
>Goliad
>Gonzales
>Harris
>Jackson
>Jefferson
>Jim Wells
>Karnes
>Kleberg
>Lavaca
>Liberty
>Live Oak
>Matagorda
>Nueces
>Refugio
>San Patricio
>Victoria
>Waller
>Wharton
>Wilson

God dammit why am I laughing

what kind of disaster?
and wtf is "tropical depression harvey"

Massive Flooding+High winds=A recipe for disaster

Pic related

Well shit... better stock up on water and clean the guns...

Yea familia. Any other Texas anons in here?
361 reporting in

Get ready to rumble!!!

Isn't water in Texas usually a good thing?

>people getting uppity about a tropical storm because we haven't had a hurricane in a while
this is embarrassing guys
t. floridian

>Austin

Oh Lord please wipe that shit hole off the face of the Earth.

Technically yes, but too much water is a thing.

Texas hasn't had a Hurricane hit land since 2008, we've been due for one

Bout to get lit here in Texas.

But please spare /ourguy/ AJ

Oh shit!
Well I wish you guys good luck and stay safe.

Fuck off fag, this shit is expected to develop into a Hurricane very quickly and bring upwards of 6 to 20 feet of rain in areas

It's literally fucking nothing. Remember all the hype for "Hurricane Matthew" last year, and how it was supposed to destroy a large chunk of the Florida coast? And then it barely made contact.

Notice how there have been no more truly destructive storms in the US for years? Sandy was barely a hurricane at landfall. The last bad one was Ike. Since then, weather modification technology has improved. Expect this storm to be zapped and lose most of its strength before it approaches land.

Unfortunately Austin is in Travis County.

what hapen in TAXES

TAKE YA MAYSK AWF
TAKE YA MAYSK AWF
TAKE YA MAYSK AWF

>6 to 20 feet of rain
you do realize the wettest hurricane to hit the us mainland only had 52 inches of rain right? Are you talking about storm surge because clearly you don't know shit about what you're talking about

RALLY FAGS:
You need to start timing your motherfucking rallies with these huge storms. Goad these leftists fucks out to get them soaked

Yes, I am talking about storm surges

I actually spoke to someone in the path of the storm a couple hours ago. Even tough old gun toting Texans seem legitimately worried about this one.

its god punishing you for being Racist Nazis

This. Folks are already out buying shit, things are selling off store shelves like hotcakes

>A

m8 20ft of storm surge is katrina level. You'd either need to have very low barometric pressure or high winds and this storms hasn't spent enough time in the gulf to do that. The people most at risk are barrier island residents since they are actually surrounded by the water that will become the storm surge.

Pray for me anons. I live just outside Houston

Shit, just realized that I said 6-20 feet, I meant 6 to 20 inches.
Excuse my retardation there

Ruh oh I'm in Harris and have a low sitting classic car, how fucked am i?

Too much hype, not a whole lot will happen.

better take it for one last drive user

can you find higher ground to park it on, or do you have an inside location to store it? Otherwise... Even a cat 1 shouldn't be too bad though unless you have tall trees near you. We may lose power

I have family in la porte that I can't get ahold of.

how big is this hurricane? first i'm hearing of it

LOL Hope Trump comes through for them. Karma is a bitch.

Will do familia. Corpusfag here, I'll more than likely bugout if need be

>FUCKING

Right now it's currently a tropical deppression, it's expected to develop into at least a Catagory 1 hurricane and make landfall on Friday. It'll stick around here for the whole weekend

>LEAF

I lived in Florida all my life and have lived in Texas about 5 years. These people don't know hurricanes, granted a lot of homes are built out of fucking wood. I was really impressed with their construction speed. It probably helps that inspectors in Florida are all corrupt as shit.

I'd rather die with it.
Probably take it to a relatives but they're all in warning areas as well.

HA BEXAR ISNT IN THERE

GET FUCKED MOTHER NATURE YOURE NOT FUCKING UP MY POWER THIS TIME

Winter Haven here. Give them 3 major Hurricanes in a 6 week period, then I'll be impressed.

Hurricanes are comfy happenings

GOD is punishing republicans for being terrible people

/facepalm
This is a county list you mong.

>ABBOTT ISSUES STATE OF DISASTER
>AHEAD OF HURRICANE HARVEY
That's like making Happening thread, that never happens

Current IR loop looks solid as diurnal max approaches. You can see the LLC well underneath the deepest convection which continues to reform. Once the shear completely relaxes by tomorrow night this thing should explode, and the models are responding accordingly. The 18z HWRF deepens Harvey down to sub 960mb prior to landfall.

So basically, shit could hit the fan?

Yes Im safe

It's so they can authorize overtime pay and mobilize resources ahead of time as needed.

disaster immanent for a tropical depression. whats the angle here.

So it's a good thing,
therefore making Happening threads is also good thing

Pretty much yeah.

Currently a tropical depression, will develop into a Hurricane

FL winds are < 30 kts so far. I don't think it will be upgraded solely on a couple of SFMR obs.

>Brazoria
Welp, what a shit weekend to have a birthday

Austin County not the city. Austin the city is in Travis county

New advisory says recon hasn't found stronger winds, but pressure is down to 1003mb.

I'm in corpus too user, still hoping it turns and hits Houston

It makes highway control easier, can have national guard on alert, mobilize emergency services to move rescue crews...
Employ Feds if needed
By law, can't do that without disaster. Easier to preplan and cancel than wait for "you're doing a helluva job brownie" to do it.

That said...
It isn't even a tropical storm yet.
It may hit between Brownsville and Corpus, all the way east to Beaumont...or not at all.
Anyone who is freaking out...is a freak,

Keep your head down and your powder dry.

me too user, lets go make offerings in the shitty fucking bay

People like you who can't differentiate between personal experiences and unrelated scenarios are so insufferable. Yes, no shit Florida has experience with multiple hurricanes a year but for another state that isn't properly prepared its a big deal. It's like when a freak snowstorm causes problems for a southern state and people who live in Minnesota of wherever honk about how x feet of snow is nothing, because they're too retarded to understand that just because they can handle a blizzard doesn't mean everywhere else can as well.

>worried about a hurricane

>35 mph winds

when did texas become such faggots?

DEAR GOD NOT 70 MPH WINDS. THAT'S ALMOST ENOUGH TO KNOCK AN OLD PERSON OVER!!!

That's 73 MPH winds!

Honestly its the flooding that scares me. My town can't handle 6" without half of it becoming submerged

NHC did mention in it's advisory that the center was moving in an erratic way. Depending on how long this lasts, it could provide Harvey with more time to organize.

This. Fags ITT gotta remember that Texas hasn't had a Hurricane touch land since 2008, our infrustructure is shitty, out of date, or in perpetual construction

If you don't believe me, look up the shit shows that were our recent water crisises

I fucking hope houston becomes new orleans 2.0

looks like RWDS weather to me. I

You should have seen Rita

>makes landfall as Tropical Storm

Screen cap this

That's enough to blow all lanklets out of state.

>tfw living in lubbock and getting comfy rainstorms