The belly of the dragon will drip water: Texas levee system breached already

The hub of oil refineries is currently trying to plug a hole in the levee system before the tropical storm(Very possible hurricane) hits.
Enjoy your low gas prices while you can anons because (((THEY))) are at work.
panews.com/2017/08/22/levee-work-underway-as-officials-keep-eye-on-the-gulf/

beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Storm-threat-sends-super-sandbags-to-broken-11952571.php

kfdm.com/news/local/super-sack-sandbags-on-standby-at-breached-levee-in-case-of-storm

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2017/08/23/hurricane-storm-surge-watches-issued-for-texas-after-harvey-regenerates-into-tropical-depression.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its about to pop off just wait and see anons they're making a move right under us.

Port Arthur is like New Orleans pre Katrina. Let it flood.

FUCK I forgot NA was a dragon. Will Texas-chan make it?

This will also flood the white areas and refineries.

Marty I'm scared.

>texas
>dragon

I thought we agreed this was the Three Gorges Dam in China bursting.

It also could mean something in Bhutan or Nepal
Really makes you think

This is a happening so bump nonetheless

They deserve it too. What gets me is why they can't figure out what made that giant fucking hole in it. It's pretty obvious a barge hit it. They park them not far away.

I'm in the flood area if it does, but I may just squeak by we'll see

Possibly Wales as well.

>category 1

Wow it's fucking nothing

Its a slow moving storm and could develop even worse.

Groves?

The real danger is the rain. They're calling for 10-15 inches.

Yep moved from Neches to Groves last year.

Relax - 73 MPH wind maximum is not that bad.

Sorry bro. Groves is nice compared to PA and even Beaumont at this point. I'm out of the flood plain for the storm surge but the rain will fuck us cause of the rice fields.

Not worried about the winds
PA and Beaumont are both shit holes wish the Vietnamese would take over PA faster.

I'm still trying to figure out how that levee stops anything. I remember during Ike seeing rail cars floating in that same refinery.

The levee some how has held on this long its gonna be breached any year now from a storm.

Neches resident here.
Water damage typically trumps wind damage in this area.

This was the one on 365 during Ike I think. Shits crazy.

If i remember correctly it flooded during Rita in some parts and was a matter of inches that almost flooded most the golden triangle.

Yea that was mostly storm surge too. This will be a combo of small storm surge and 15 fucking inches of rain so it's of concern. They're already putting out sandbags n shit.

Anyone got pictures of the sandbags.

>The National Weather Service in Lake Charles is monitoring Tropical Depression Harvey, which is expected to become a tropical storm today or tonight. Harvey will move northwest across the Gulf and make landfall on the central Texas coast late Friday night or Saturday morning as a strong tropical storm or weak category one hurricane. After landfall, it will meander in that region, which will result in heavy rains and floods for parts of Texas and even Louisiana.

>For our region, we are forecasting 10 to 15 inches of rain for southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana Friday through this weekend into early next week. For central and south central Louisiana, we are forecasting 7 to 10 inches of rain. In the stronger rain bands, there could be isolated pockets of over 20 inches of rain. This will cause flooding across the region. Stay tuned for flash flood warnings or emergencies when they become necessary this weekend and/or early next week.

>In addition, there will be 1 to 3 feet of storm surge above ground level in parts of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana, and 1 to 2 feet in south central Louisiana. The timing of this surge will likely be tied in with the high tides Friday evening and Saturday morning.

>High winds and/or isolated tornadoes are a smaller risk for this system.

>Since Tropical Depression Harvey is still weak, forecaster confidence on the exact timing and location of the rain and surge is still on the low side. Stay tuned for updates as we continue to monitor this event.

>Roger

>Roger Erickson
>Warning Coordination Meteorologist
>National Weather Service
>Lake Charles, LA

I get all the latest gossip XDD

I have a 7am flight out of IAH Houston on Friday. I should be good r-right?

State of emergency forgot to post this in the OP
foxnews.com/us/2017/08/23/hurricane-storm-surge-watches-issued-for-texas-after-harvey-regenerates-into-tropical-depression.html
Its going to hit late Friday so you should be fine

Yea it's not hitting till Friday night.

I got this email earlier for the area I serve
>Group, just FYI the city has advised there are sand bags and sand available behind city hall near the Boy Scouts place.. You will need to bring your own shovel. Also if more of a need arises, the precinct barn is on stand-by with more supplies..

Should be fun.

Thanks bros. Be safe out there.

Bump

One last bump Grovesbro. Hope you stay safe and it's all a bunch of hype.

Nothing burger

That's not what I see

Does anyone actually believe this bullshit? I've known psychics were con artists since the age of 5. What is wrong with you people?