Prove GOD exists

Pro tip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Prove GOD doesn't exist.
Pro tip: You can't.

eh fun thread topic but the rick and morty shit needs to be indiscriminately fumigated from the premises

/thread

Prove that i'm not god.
Pro tip: you can't

Agnostics btfo

>prove he doesn't ..pro tip: you can't.

>Be religtard
>God is on the sky
>Atheist scientists finally go there
>Nothing
Why are religtards so delusional?

Gnosticism, look into it

Here I am.

The reason some people on this site hate this show is purely because they hired female writers.

You guys just like being edgy contrarians. Now you hate Trump and R&M for no reason. Pol was good when you guys were still pedes, now nazis are taking over.
You ignore that R&M is actually pretty GOAT. I don't just mean that R&M is the greatest television show of all time, it's also the greatest thing to air on television, period. It is the greatest work of comedy, no, fiction ever produced.

Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon make Plato and Aristotle look like Trump and Pence with their philisophical storytelling. I'm convinced they are both geniuses. Their decision to hire female writers further shows their ingenuity, and their egalitarian hiring practices have clearly paid off, as shown by the masterpieces that are s3e2 and s3e3.

This show is extremely funny, and most of the humor is very intelligent. You need an iq of 120 to fully appreciate this show, and if you don't, you are obviously just too stupid to understand the high-brow, subtle, philisophical work of genius that is Rick and Morty.

>He actually thinks that God is a literal floating sky being

Why are atheists so retarded?

if your religion (atheism [yes it's a religion because it's a fucking "ism"])

if your religion is based around the idea of rebelling against a cartoon version of God, then we can only consider you as a person to not be an adult because you only think in terms of cartoons.

welcome to reality, kid.

>as for proof of God:
the universe created itself and all things in it.
the universe is a living entity.
the universe is infinite.

those 3 facts prove that the universe itself is God.

if you would sit and think for a moment instead of just reacting out of teen-angst you might just reach the adult conclusion.

"He is in me as i am in Him."

pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3

Prove he doesn't exist

>(atheism [yes it's a religion because it's a fucking "ism"])

"Not believing in God is the same as believing in God!"

lmao christcucks are THIS retarded

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

Well, no. Agnosticism is the only rational position without any evidence either way. Nothing defaults to not existing or being unlikely to exist just because you don't have knowledge of evidence for it; that is silly. and an argument from ignorance. To assume that if it exists or is not unlikely to exist, there is evidence for it, is a faulty induction.

All things exist either due to the necessity of their existence (pure logical concepts like 1+1=2) or due to being created from a necessary entity. Something cannot come from nothing.
Necessary entities have always existed whereas contingent entities have a beggining. Time is a contingent variable and was created with the big bang. The universe has a beginning thus is not necessary and must have been created by a necessary entity. This necessary entity must be sentient because non sentient things cannot order and create. This necessary entity is what people call god. God exists.

This is basically the leibnizian cosmological argument.

Or you can be an irrational atheist and believe a logical fallacy that something can come from nothing?

No mate. Universe has a beginning thus was created by a necessary entity and is not necessary in itself. Hume btfo. Pantheists btfo.

God came from nothing.
Nothing created itself.

God always was. He didn't come. Everything came from him.

The universe always was.

You can change some words and it still holds true yes.

What was the big bang then? A conspiracy?

prove Sup Forums isn't a board of peace
pro tip : you can't

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

op btfo

God, obviously.

Ok, explane conciousness
Pro tip:u can't

Just because you say it is so doesnt make it true. Especially when the evidence is stacked against you.

You literally can't, that's why it's called faith user. Believing in something with no definitive proof.

There is no evidence stacked against what I've said. And no me saying it doesn't make it true. It's still true.

>Show makes fun of people like Jehovah witnesses and shitton of church variations that complicate the religion until is not a religion anymore
>"DUUUUDEEE IT TOTALLY PISSES ON ATHEISTS AMIRITE?"

Makes no sense, trying to prove something doesn't exist is stupid as asking to create a new color

To be fair, you have to have averyhigh IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volyaliterature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to trulyappreciatethe depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epicFathers and SonsI'm smirking right now justimaginingone of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how Ipitythem. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand

W-Wait, he wasn't?

He is when he wants to don't worry. The ways of the lord are confusing!

>What is faith

Only an idiot believes in "proof"

sooo anarchism is a religion then?

Try this then. That's proof of something greater than us, call it what you like. It also proves we don't really die in the sense we understand.

"Thefirst law ofthermodynamicsis a version of the law ofconservation of energy, adapted forthermodynamic systems. The law of conservation of energy states that the total energyof anisolated systemis constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed. The first law is often formulated by stating that the change in theinternal energyof aclosed systemis equal to the amount ofheatsupplied to the system, minus the amount ofworkdone by the system on its surroundings. Equivalently,perpetual motion machinesof the first kind are impossible."

I got the stigmata during a revelation

>I can't prove what I'm saying, just believe it goy.

It's called faith, and it will save your soul. I don't know you and it's up to yourself to save your soul not strangers online. Still I come here to spread the good word to children like yourself.

>There is no evidence stacked against what I've said
No evidence for it that's for sure.
>It's still true.
It isnt. Since you have no proofs or any reason to believe it. It's literally someone made up and you irrationally chose to believe
>universe didnt always exist
>opinion
No

Prove that people have souls to lose.
Call me a child again, please.

Prove you love someone.
Pro tip: you can't

I want to fuck it.

>Facts can't be opinions
or
>opinions can't be facts

who created the laws of physics then?

Nigga, the earth isn't a closed system. Its constantly recieving radiation and shit from the sun.

Christians btfo?

I have plenty of reason to believe what I believe. Just as you have plenty of reason to believe whatever it is you believe. I know where I am from and I know where I am going.

Looking for material "proof" is as if two characters in a painting started searching for evidence for their existence and creation within the portrait itself. Good luck with that.

You don't have to see, but you have to believe. I bet you will be the one who will ask God forgiveness the second you die.

My anus.

Hey I don't know your age but you have worse theological reasoning than a 10 year old.

>have worse theological reasoning than a 10 year old.
>btfo a christfag with it

>it's (x3)

its
kys thrice

You've btfo'd nothing except your own soul it seems. Try faith sometime. What I'm telling you is the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

Go read the Black Iron Prison pdf before talking about freedom.

You believe in ghosts and souls both?

what the fuck? what is that?

easy! Look East tomorrow after 6am, you'll see him rising from "behind" horizon

Go read some shit by someone before I get to talk about something? Presumptious asshole is what you are and you should work on that. Sure I believe in ghosts. Seems I'm arguing with a dead guy right now desu.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A SICKLE MORTY

To be fair, this is actually legit critisism. So you'll notice that the first animal we see him shooting has birds fly out of his head. Since the birds bear a strong resemblance to the next victim (the bird) it's reasonable to assume some sort of deliberate link by the creators, especially in the further context. When the bird is shot, sheep run out of his head - so the next victim is a sheep... but there are no literal sheep there.

When the shooter turns the gun on Xavier, Xavier rejects the simplicity of the question and his offer of literature, in addition to the joke at religious evangelists, results in the shooter committing suicide; his distaste for nuance or differing perspective led him to kill himself, and we can conclude that he is a metaphorical sheep, following the herd. You'll note that the faceless barcode adds to the evidence that he is meant to be the sheep, but on top of that that barcode is a pretty clear symbol of consumerist culture.

So what might this be a criticism at? It's a reasonably common view (by this I mean common enough to attack) in the West that secularism and consumerism is killing religion, belief in God, etc and sees members of such religions to be brainless sheep following the herd. But this clip shows the shooter, who represents consumerism, adopting an incredibly brainless (indeed, he does not even have a head for a brain to *be* in), simplistic attitude as a sheep himself. And just as blind to it.

But Xavier's statement that "it was me all along" is what tops this off into something genuinely clever IMO. A lot of Xavier is cute bathroom humor, witty one-liners, and good mockery of mystical/spiritual tropes, but this is one of the few pieces that's impressive to me.

>Presumptious asshole
At least you aren't calling me a child a third time.

So is there anything you don't believe in? Except the possibility that you're wrong ofc.

So when we look at the role Xavier himself took on here, he was an observer (witnessing a tragedy; not just the event itself, but that's what he asked to see before entering this door if you watch the whole episode). He had an outside view with an aim for more nuance (but, at the same time, it was psuedo-nuance; he was smoking a pipe trying to sound intellectual while actually speaking more or less total nonsense - this adds some meat to the interpretation as well) - Xavier likely saw himself as "above" the whole situation, not a part of it - indeed we can almost be certain this is the case with our prior knowledge of his characterization - but he was no less a part of the consumerist herd.

I'm tempted to say that all of the groups are portrayed as sheep, with the theists each dying, one after another all in a line, when simply saying "no" would have saved their livess. The shooter is a sheep in the ways described above, and Xavier is, as we see in the end piece, a sheep as well. And I'm even FURTHER tempted to say that there is a judgment being passed where the religious people are the least guilty. They are passively sheep. The shooter is actively against being a sheep, violently so, while being totally blind to his own nature as a sheep. Xavier I think is the worst level of judgment and likely aimed at the discourse of public intellectuals - the equating of Xavier with the shooter transmits the shooter's blindness, but Xavier is blind in a further way of thinking he is NOT like the shooter and is more high minded and outside of the whole situation.

Anyways, that last paragraph is a lot of artistic license on my own part but I am pretty confident in the interpretation before that. This is unlike a lot of Xavier scenes in that each second is clearly deliberate. Hope this helped or was at least interesting to you.

in the bible it says to circumcise your kid after 8 days, and it was scientifically proven that 8 days after birth is the best time to do it

>show makes fun of atheist that blows himself away because he's triggered by a subjective answer that doesn't align with his views and is unwilling to have a debate
>"DUDE PFFR WOULD NEVER MAKE FUN OF BASED ATHEISM!"

>He hasn't read Spinoza's Ethics.

You 'are'. I think that's enough proof.

I don't believe in talking with you anymore. I've already explained to you how god works. Your job is to figure it out. My job is done.

Tbh my favourite part of Xavier is with the glue sniffer, which throughout the episode tells how memories of war haunt him, but in the end he says they didnt accept him in the military bc he was too crazy to kill

I'm a discordian.
Looks like I figured it out already and you were wrong about me.

You proved that God doesn't exist solely by your existence.

Doesn't look like that. In order for something to be "figured out" you have to come to the correct conclusion. You wouldn't say someone who is wrong about something figured it out would you? I wouldn't.

Looks like you figured it out, amirite?

I watched a cranefly bounce off of a window for 2 straight hours today before it eventually gave up and landed. The window was open.

I think that should sufficiently prove there is no God.

Sure looks that way friend.

>be Albanian
>have to talk shit about god on a Cambodian abortion clinic guestbook because he'd get lynched if he did that irl because Albanians are subhuman roach rape babies

Except I know I was lying.

I know.

>Claim you don't believe in God but that you can't prove God doesn't exist therefore you don't know if God exists
>Atheist gets butthurt and calls you an indecisive smallbrain

Liar

Like your asshole.

Well, I'm religious because I don't think it is possible for something to be created out of nothing

Oh and by the way I'm not one of those Christians that believes in the bible word for word

>Rick and Morty

big bang "if it happened" was a birth just like you were birthed from your mother.

In reality God is Mother for "mother is so powerful that she can modify your body and leave a permanent mark you call a belly button.

Biggest misconception most of us have is that Dark is absence of light when reality is opposite and Dark/Black is color polarized opposite of White. Ethernet plug that connects you to "God" the Universe is inside you as many scriptures have proclaimed, just like your computer won't connect to internet unless you plug it in is same with you not being able to connect with God until you find god inside of you first. God is you but your Earthly god is your Mother and this Universe is also a Mother, are we still in the womb or we are birthed with Big Bang is for you to decide but whichever answer you pick doesn't matter because all Roads lead to Rome!

I'm atheist, and you can and can't proof that God doesn't exist. Honestly, I get why some people believe in God (moral guidance, non-degeneracy, etc.).
The Bible is the proof that some people have to say he does exist, and The Bible is the proof that some people have to say he doesn't exist. It's a slippery slope.

>read a collection of letters, journals, writings from over two millennia ago translated at least half a dozen times describing how to be a happier, better person
>take every sentence from it literally as if it were a textbook from your state-sponsored public "education
HAHAHAHAHA and atheists think the world views them as "intelligent"

If there is nothing there are no laws of physics, if there are no laws of physics anything can happen for no reason, if anything can happen for no reason then something can come from nothing including the universe and all of its laws.

The catch to this logic however is that this would also permit the existence of God.

What is this gnostic nonsense.

Just stick to going to mass

Stop using cartoons! You look fucking retarded regardless of whether you're right or wrong. On that note, stop fucking watching them!

Normal people watch cartoons.

Prove god does exist and that he doesnt exist at the same time. Just not for the same people.

That's the plot of Silent Hill: Homecoming

It wasn't

God is real.

For people asking to prove that god doesnt exist...

there is no proof god exists, therefore that is evidence he does not exist

checkmate