Life of an american worker

>told I have to start my shift 30 minutes before it actually starts
>have to work extra unpaid hours
>have to come into work even while sick and contagious
>no vacation days
>complain and I get fired and replaced with another desperate person
>come home exhausted and just want to go to bed, no time to study or improve self aside from some hours on weekends
>will be replaced with a machine in 10 years (white and blue collar)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23fBoqQxSgQ
qz.com/898553/japanese-women-are-being-swaddled-in-cloth-as-a-form-of-stress-therapy/
archive.is/FMg1m
dol.gov/general/contact
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thats all illegal, youre a retard for dong it.
>inb4 if i dont then theyll just replace me with someone else that will
you ARE the retarded "someone else" that will

looking back at how shitty the graphics really look it's kinda funny that mantis gave me the creeps as a youngshit.

>Shift starts with paid safety meeting
>Can set up truck before paid time starts if I want to leave early
>Sent home immediately at first signs of illness
>Escalating vacation based on seniority
>Complain and it gets brought up at monthly meeting for addressing internal issues
>Come home stoked like a mf (you a bitch)
>Will be able to transfer dept before 10 years is up

No degree to do this. Company is willing to pay for higher education if you need a degree. Work hard, improve yourself, quit blaming everyone else because you work at a fast food chain.

don't like it? then quit faggot

This

What field you in famalam

>>Escalating vacation based on seniority

Just be born 40 years earlier, is it really that hard??

I didn't blame everyone else and it's hard to improve yourself when you live a bleak tired life, is that so hard to understand.

This, you get back what you put in.
>t. package handler

Maybe you would try harder you communist faggot

You have a shitty job. Get a new one. Most of us are getting along just fine, commiefag.

>Learn a useful skill
>Don't be Mexican
>Actually apply yourself
>Work harder than the next guy
>???
>Profit

Sounds like you work at Amazon. My condolences, user.

what would you do oh wise one

That's an idiotic argument, obviously if there is a labour surplus there will be a plethora of 'someone else that will'. This is why unionization happened but the root of the problem is the US being a goy conveyor belt of immigration

>joining a union to protect your rights is frowned upon for some reason
>wife gets zero (0) maternity days
>$7/hr minimum wage
Must suck to live in a third world country desu

life of a communist worker

>have to work all hours unpaid
>no vacation days
>complain and I get a bullet fired into my head and replaced with another desperate to escape person
>come home famished and just want to eat, no time to study or improve self

You don't have to work extra unpaid hours. Tell the labor board or whatever it's called in your state and they'll investigate and forced your employer to pay back wages.

How about read the federal law that dictates employment and understand that it is illegal to not compensate workers for overtime you dipshit. That's a start for improving yourself.

That's how weak people work. Strong people take it easy and make bank.

Just take advantage of capitalism. Use stockmarkets and that'll make you rich without even working for it.

Sounds like you have a shitty job. Make yourself more valuable to a good employer.

Got a local UPS? Get on with them unloading trucks. They are Union (Teamsters), No degree needed, partial tuition program for employees, will train you to be a driver and put you in a truck before they outright hire a driver. But you will work your ass off. It does suck at first, but it actually will pay off. Walk in with a class D license and know how to drive a stick to fast track to driving.

Checked
Document your unpaid hours, that is highly illegal. Open a case with your states dept. of labor and bust their asses.

Sorry bro but who else is going to feed these wild monkeys their chickens?

This is early Communism. Late Communism:
>pretend to work, do nothing all day
>they pretend to pay, can't buy anything besides bread for their """money"""
>get vacation but have nowhere to go
>once score travel voucher to the Black sea resort but after wish you never went there as resort personnel treated you worse than a stray dog
youtube.com/watch?v=23fBoqQxSgQ

t. NEET in mother's basement

>>told I have to start my shift 30 minutes before it actually starts
Bullshit, literally illegal in all 50 states. You're just a weak-minded cuck who's too scared to tell your boss that the practice is illegal and you're not going to help them break the law.
>>have to work extra unpaid hours
See above
>>have to come into work even while sick and contagious
If it doesn't affect your ability to work then why shouldn't you?
>>no vacation days
Find a new job, there's plenty of careers that offer vacation days.
>>complain and I get fired and replaced with another desperate person
Who cares? You're basically volunteering anyway if they're making you work for free.
>>come home exhausted and just want to go to bed, no time to study or improve self aside from some hours on weekends
Not a problem inherent to capitalism.
>>will be replaced with a machine in 10 years (white and blue collar
Then you should probably start looking into a career field that isn't going to be automated anytime soon fag.

>"shift" starts and ends whenever I want it to
>work as many hours as I want, whenever I want, very flexible
>Just sit in my office shitposting on Sup Forums and day trading penny stocks all day
Maybe stop being a worthless fuck lol. Commies are never successful

communism works

>that's all illegal
lol no it isn't.
They can tell you to come to work at any point and if you refuse they can fire you.
Overtime at most jobs is mandatory and you can be fired for not doing it.
You can be fired for missing work because of being sick even if you use your sick days.
Most jobs do not give vacation days.
You're one of the lucky ones if you think otherwise.

Guess there's nothing to do but neck yourself, huh commie.

and then you get fired?

>wake up around 8ish
>take my computer to the coffeeshop
>do some work for about 4-6hrs (maybe 25hrs / wk)
>still have time to go to the gym, jiu jitsu class, go swimming at the springs
>dinner with the GF
>make about 140k / year
>I used to literally shovel shit at a horse stable before this. also day laborer on constructions sites.
have you ever thought that the system is not wrong, but that you are doing it wrong and have the wrong mindset? maybe stop being such a negative minded weak faggot.

checked and this

cry baby

You have no idea how hard it is to actually fire an employee nowadays

Its illegal to do work without pay in the united states.

What you said is correct, but op said he has to work before his shift starts, implying they make him do work without being on the clock. This is followed up by stating that he has to work extra unpaid hours, once again working off the clock.

didnt see the shit about vacation days, ofcourse that isnt required.

ok I'll choose to be rich and happy from now on

Join a union.
>mfw you aren't even allowed

I'm in the shoveling shit/weedeating fence lines stage, how do I level up?

That's good advice. Bet OP will have some lame reason why he can't do it though. I've given employment advice on here and all you get back is whinging and bitching.

I'll never understand why people, once they have a job, immediately stop looking for a better one. I guess the only problem is that interviews are generally scheduled during your work hours, but still, you can probably work around that.

picking up ur sarcasm. thats not what im saying. self improvement, embrace capitalism and figure out how to make it work for you. theres a million schemes out there where you can make a good living if you are so inclined. cryptocurrency, dropshipping from china, affiliate marketing fucking learn a thing. the internet is a free university. i learned 2/3 of what i know for work on youtube videos for christ sakes. but first you have to embrace the free market. see what people want and be a person that can get them that. profit.

scheduled work days are set 2 wseeks in advance by law and there is no requirement to come in when not scheduled. Most working class Americans as described have two jobs any way and are unavailable most times.

If you get fired for not working off the clock and not coming in early then you get a nice fat lawsuit in your favor. And are the actual targeted demographic for unemployment benefits so long as you don't lean back on it like a nigger and get another job asap. when you get wrongfully fired the business that fired you pays your unemployment.

nothing wrong with that tbqh. i loved the horses, they were cool as fuck.

you got to find a niche. im not the guy you want to be your tony robbins. believe it or not, reading / audiobook of "gorrila mindset" might be a good place to start getting the right mindset of being an entrepreneur. you really gotta find what the market demands. when i was younger, i had the rediculous notion that i would make awesome art and people would just want it and that would make me a success. so much hubris kek. you have to be useful to others, find out what they want and profit

oh, i do freelance design and cryptocurrency services. i did a dropshipping store too, but that was a failure. i wasnt good at that. you gotta be ok with failure to succeed, thats another thing

Why do Ameripoors suffer from this niche autism where they earnestly and angrily respond point by point?

Nobody cares what you think.

This, yet you advocate open borders, welcoming in people who will work for lower wages and endure worse conditions effectively destroying everything organized labor movements have worked for.

Feels good?

>work as a janitor in a big gov building
>12am to 6pm
>free healthcare,40 mins to have lauch in the caff.
>boss is a total bro
>clean 2 bathrooms and 2 stairs,kick it with the homies the rest of the time
>tons of bad bitches and bros,could not ask for anything else
stay cucked dumbass burger,sue them retard...

I don't want open borders I recognize it as a jewish lie as are trade deals like nafta etc. My ideal america is where your basic needs are met so you can actually progress with your life without having to suffer needlessly and end up in a zionist hamster wheel. if that means a rich man has to settle for one yacht instead of two I do not care.

OP, I work at a grocery store 50+hrs/w. I'm 29. I'm going to school for engineering part time. Will be done when I'm 32.

I don't plan on being able to get a job with my degree, but I will still submit resume's.

I already own a home. Married.

I'm going to take my worthless degree and try to produce something that people might want to buy. Then maybe I can stop working at a fucking grocery store.

Come up with a plan, OP. Stop being a bitch. Yes, you even have to work when you're tired.

I wish OP was exaggerating, but some jobs really are this bad. Especially in smaller towns. Its amazing how many jobs still expect you to bend over for $12/hr (of which you're only taking home $10 after taxes). Because we have at-will employment, your boss can really fire you for complaining about unfair rules. I have a friend whos job asked him to work 16 hour shifts (which is illegal in my state).

Fortunately, not all jobs are like this. Theres millions of jobs, and most don't require degrees, so keep looking.

In the U.S. at least, any adult job expects you to stay at least 1 year previously, ABSOLUTELY not less than 3 months. Nobody wants to hire a job deserter.

>not putting in the work to start your own company then sitting around all day collecting checks and smoking cigars in your underwear

you sound like a leftist
the workers are lucky to have any money at all, they only get paid because the owners are generous
american workers shouldn't even have the rights they have, they abuse them and spend their time on their cell phones
Get rid of the eight hour day; it will make us more competitive and increase quality of life

>Americans complaining about their work life
Pussies

>go to college for 12 years while working part-time
>I do what I'm suppose to and as such keep up good grades
>exit college as a person so valuable that I could take a shit on the desk of my boss and still keep my job

OP doesn't have a job and uses a meme flag.

This.

Any wagecuck jobs like OP is talking about are filled with incompetent and lazy employees.

OP get a commission based sales job so you can make as much as you want.

>I wish OP was exaggerating, but some jobs really are this bad.

The funniest part of this thread is the clueless middle class numales who reveal themselves by earnestly posting about complaining about these very real scenarios in a manner that suggests an outcome other than getting fired!

Lmao my job is the exact opposite and I'm an entry level scrub

Owners are not job creators or providers. Customers create jobs. Without the workers, a boss could not a company by themselves. A selfish boss breeds unloyal workers.

>you just gotta try and find out what people like and stuff man embrace the free market and being a doer not a donter
wow great advice.

>being a faggot with no skills and having to live like this

Fuck off commie pussy, maybe you should have gained a skill instead of playing world of warcraft

>Why do Americans care about things lmao? Why don't they just sit back and let BASED Ahmed smoke some dank ganja with them on the couch lmaoooooo
Literally you

I'm 27 you retarded leaf, I get all the shit that gets and a LOT more, with no college. Suck my dick broke commie faggots.

Meh, I work 19 hours a week.
I do as little as possible.
I dont get paid too much.
Honestly, I dont fucking care.
I have a ball talking shit with my coworkers.
It's pretty chill.

What do you do? I see posts like this all the time but no one ever says what their occupation is or how they got it.

>tfw capitalism is so efficient and effective it makes adults literally want to regress to an infantile state
qz.com/898553/japanese-women-are-being-swaddled-in-cloth-as-a-form-of-stress-therapy/

And here's the archive
archive.is/FMg1m

lol love these "commie" b8

dol.gov/general/contact

Don't be a bitch, we have a department of labor for a fucking reason.

This is what you get for being subhumans muh gommunism and anti worker organization gummunism does nothing to empower workers.

yea thats the long and short of it. i know you're being sarcastic, but haven't you ever noticed that people who constantly bitch and moan about the system being unfair are losers? that said, its harder now than it was in the 60's-90's but hey, that's life. cant change that. every person i ever met that was into communism was
>this shit is just so unfair maaaaan. no one can get ahead cause fatcats and stuff. spare change?

>future employers see me as a snitch
why don't I just go on welfare

>actually typing out that utterly numale drivel and then posting it

The saddest thing is you just keep trying so hard and painfully failing.

Vendor Compliance for a large sporting goods company. I started at the company at a lower level job by working through a temp agency for 2 months, did well, got hired on as a full employee with benefits, put in 2 years of hard work, and now I make about $65k after taxes. I'm not rich but I live comfy as fuck and will have my house paid off before 2019.

Realistically you would form unions with all the workers in reality you get isolated and picked off and exploited.

Fucking first world pussys, you have a easier life than someone in the third world like me and even so you're crying about it

Of course you can be fired for being sick. Nobody gets sick and calls out 3 times a month, and if they are sick that often why should a company have to keep an employee that is clearly a liability?

Typical subhuman.

Dude you didn't give any advice at all.
What is your occupation? How did you get this occupation? What are jobs that are viable for anons who want to make enough money to raise their families with? Where do you find these jobs, especially these magical entry level chad jobs that give benefits, good wage and a partridge in a pear tree at? What would a good self made business be?

You faggot gloat all the damn time about how easy it is but only give the most vague bullshit advice. Its chad "beee yourself tier" advice. It says nothing. Its a comforting pat on the back to tell the comforting lie that there is hope.

How stupid can you be? Your on the internet shit posting. So you obviously know how to work a computer and use some apps.

Go to school. Get a job. Fuck bro. It ain't that fucking hard.

Stop identifying with the REALLY stupid.

That's what unskilled jobs get you, user.

I'm a skilled worker and have my choice of employers to chose from because there is a shortage of young people entering my field.

My current job is pretty sweet
>pays 20% more than similar jobs in my location
>lets me get paid to travel
>2 weeks of paid time off per year to use as I see fit
>better than average per diem pay for out of town work. My per diem pay alone is better than having a $9/hr job @ 40 hours and is 100% tax free
>I don't have a direct supervisor and only have to check in every few days or when I get stuck on a new problem
>work pays for 100% of my health insurance

And if they piss me off badly enough, I could find another job within my basic field in a week or less, but I'd lose out on the per diem and would have to put up with working at the same location day in, day out.

sucks to suck you filthy spic. Not our problem.

This system is set up to exploit. The purpose of school is not education, but it is designed to withhold education from anyone it can, in order to force them into these situations. College is a scam, and the military is more than happy to take the desperate, unskilled, uneducated, young people it can.

>>told I have to start my shift 30 minutes before it actually starts
>>have to work extra unpaid hours
these are literally illegal in the united states.

How did you find this job, user?

i work a full time close to minimum wage job. today after work i came home studied kant's first critique. wrote a couple pages of my own, practiced martial arts, had a meal, did some work on the house, listened to classical music, had a conversation with a stranger, etc. it's been 7 hours since i got off work and now i will pray to God before I retire to bed, then wake up and take a cold shower and perform my breathing exercises and go to work. what's your excuse, faggot?

This, its a set system.

If you want time for self-improvement, try going to bed really early like 7 PM, and then waking up really early like 3AM. This way you have the best and most wakeful hours of the day for yourself, and then can give your job your worst and most tired hours.

this is the only way I can earn my shekels

Like I said, temp agency, I had recently gotten fed up with my shitty security job so I went to work for a temp agency and the first job they put me on was a good fit, I liked the people, the company, the atmosphere. So I stayed, worked hard, volunteered for all the extra shit I could, and here I am.

Shut up subhuman.

yeah after months of not giving a fuck about you they will kick open the door to the office and say "no secretary i can't bang right now i guess i finally gotta get around to this bull shit that asshole sent into me" and give half a look to your case only to find out you got fired/quit a month earlier and decide it's not worth it.

the only thing that keeps me going is spite. "fuck everyone in my life i'm gonna do better than them"

larping faggot, what is your occupation?

>kant

if you really want to know my personal path it was college / drop out cause no money / work shitty jobs, live with lots of roomates / do shitloads of tutorials for motion graphics in spare time / move to nyc for internship / live in worst area of NYC get beat to shit by nignogs / eventually start getting real work cause i do good work / learn new skills / go into tech / start working remote / start doing side hustles / rinse and repeat

but lots of this have to do with mindset, so if you wanna shit on it you do so at your own peril. i had to drop a lot of friends cause they were donter commie fags who would rather get drunk and complain. now they're still getting drunk and complaining but theyre older and its a bad look when youre older

Moron, I've been getting improved vacations every year based on total years at all my jobs and I'm just now 30. It's company policy for everyone.