Why dont you buy silver, Sup Forums ?

Are you ready for the last, ultimative silverpill to destroy (((them)))?

youtube.com/watch?v=swrrAQBsEE0

I have been meaning to buy more.

Silver is a ghastly investment currently

can you explain to me how gold and silver have any value? what it's purpose anyway, you cant even make a tool out of it

Can you make a tool out of bitcoin? Can you make a tool out of a barrel of oil? Gold and silver are money.

It has no value at all if shit its the fan. Not in the country you live when SHTF anyway. You can move to another country and it would be worth something though. Like I'm saving a little silver for when the U.S calapses and I'll use it to get a boat ride to another country and make sure I have enough to also get a place to live until I can get job.

Because buying shiny metal thats only valuable because some jew says so is the ultimate bluepill

Silver has been a "precious" metal for thousands of years. But, in the modern era, silver's industrial uses have exploded.
There's some in every cell phone and solar panel.
I've got 2,407 ounces and I want more.

precious metals will mean dick all but skills can be used for bartering.

learn carpentry/farming

If the USA fails where the fuck are you going to find someone to take you out the country and accept silver for payment?
For one thing, if the USA tanks the entire world economy is fucked
Secondly do you think people from other countries are just going to come to your fucking shores and offer to take you away?

I remember when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market.

People went nuts. Everyone ran out to melt down great-grandma's silver set to get the cash, and pre-1964 coins started to disappear.

Boom and bust. Boom and bust. The story never changes.

>making tools out of gold
has minecraft taught you nothing?

You're a little dramatic here. SHTF doesn't mean an end of all trades or civilization.
In a Katrina-like event you'd likely trade in gold and silver.

om not talking about bitcoin you mongrel american
you can use the oil as fuel or as a lubricant
what the fuck can you do with gold? it has no value except being yellow
>not in the country you live when SHTF anyway
>you can move to another country and it would be worth something though
what? what do you mean? is this an answer?

Silver has some practical uses. One such example is that it exhibits antimicrobial properties.

In a Katrina-like event paper money doesn't lose its value.

>buying silver
>when you should be stockpiling 55gr fmj
Good goy

this is reasonable, im talking specifically about gold to make it specific. it was valuable even befor electronics, but why. is there any other other function besides "muh shiny things"

I'll buy a small amount of silver once I finish buying all of my 3x bear shorts.

>Not 168gr 300 BLACK OUT

It's literally in the name.

Why buy silver when i can have ones and zeroes in mr.goldsteins bank?

when the next crisis hits and there is a run on the banks they will simply lock people out of their accounts as they have done before

Also silver will never drop to being worth 0 sheckels unlike fiat currency.

Mate, you are going to need more than silver for what is coming. Pic related.

I spent all my money on bitcoin.
And I doubled my money in 4 months.

Gold does not corrode. It is easy to work into different shapes. It is hard to Counterfeit. It is rare. Those traits make it useful as a medium of exchange to facilitate trade.

Literally just "muh shiny things" same as diamond, plenty of practical uses but the real value is in their scarcity and looking pretty. The overwhelming majority of mineral wealth is in decoration, not practical application. Diamonds arent even rare, theirs shit tons of them, it's a thing called artificial scarcity. Supply and demand, reduce supply, increase demand.
ou'd have to be a fucking moron to think precious metals will be worth a penny when the bank/government backing your fiat currency collapses (aka the only reason you'd ever need wealth in material rather than fiat)

this. started investing in crypto a few weeks ago (75% in BTC and the rest in XMR and ETH) and already thinking about my lambo. Trust me Im a mountain jew.

>gold is rare
eh oh fucking el

Spot the peasant who has never had gold flake vodka or tasted gold leaf chocolate. Back to the factory for you! Work harder, I would like more money.

if i ever try to go offgrid. I don't want (((them))) to be able to sniff me out

>plenty of practical
please give some examples not including electronics or reflection of light

Do you think Silverberg buys silver or goy?

It's a catalyst for some oxidation reactions?

If you're taking about the "Them" that I think you are. Yes.
I've got massive amounts of it. Most in ingots, but lots of bullets and daggers, spear-tips and chains made out of silver or silver alloys.
Gold is worthless. Silver is what you want. That's what works on them.

Precious metals are just as fiat as paper money, and Jews like hordeing it.

and your point is? how does gold taste exactly? explain to us poor norwegians

Gold doesn't taste like anything, as you would expect from such an inert metal. However, it is in fact so ridiculously soft that if you do more than just touch it with your teeth then it will leave dents in it.

The movies where the cowboy takes the gold coin and chomps down on it? Even your typical 90% gold coin meant to be durable enough for daily use will get fucked up from that kind of abuse.

Multiply everything by 17. Whatever's less today, is efficiency and mass production. Whatever's more is a bubble.

It has extremely powerful anti-microbial properties. They used to put silver coins in milk containers before refrigeration technology became wide spread so it would last longer. It's why forks and spoons were made out of it.

Colloidal silver will kill antibiotic resistant bugs even. They lie and tell people it's useless though by showing that one picture of a guy who drank insanely toxic amounts of it and turned blue.

I'd buy gold/silver just to sell at a higher price in the future. You won't pass it down to your kids, and in a mad Max world scenario, whoever's got more guns than you will take all your shit. Including your woman.

I feelconfident in saying in our lifetime we will be able to make artificial gold/silver. They do it with diamonds already and it is 100% molecularly the same as diamonds found in the Earth.
What do you think will happen to the value of your silver rounds when this happens?

Correct, but last I looked in to it, trials with dropping a coin in the milk did not tend to extend lifetime by more than a day. So that gets in to urban myth type stuff.

>I feelconfident in saying in our lifetime we will be able to make artificial gold/silver. They do it with diamonds already and it is 100% molecularly the same as diamonds found in the Earth.

I buy silver because I love the way it looks and feels, not necessarily financial reasons. Give me .999 or give me death.

>Whatever's less is efficiency and mass production
Average income is less...

Pure coincidence.

>Moving after establishing community ties
>Not obtaining physical assets as quickly as possible
A 72 hour kit should take precedence over anything else on this.

You can convince your family/friends to move with you, you know.
Also, it is better to be impoverished within a family than wealthy all alone. The loneliness will eat you alive.

>In a Katrina-like event you'd likely trade in gold and silver.
We actually had a Katrina like event within living memory. I forget what it was called. Anyhow, silver and gold didn't replace dollars.

Silver is not worth it's weight in gold. Gold is.

What I'm saying is, establish your community in the place that is suitable. A small town is a fitting place, so move there and obtain arable land nearby while making your community connections.

Katrina-like events are silly, because they're far more catastrophic in the local area than what's being discussed, and far too local for any long-term destabilization to occur. The USD still has buying power because the US is still around. It takes toppling the government for the USD to die, essentially.

This. You'd be better off buying nails and tools

buying gold and silver is a suckers game unless you're in the biz

buying bullets is far better an investment

Silver compounds are great for treating burns. It depends how bad shit hits the fan, but at least in some SHTF scenarios, silver has practical use even beyond a store of wealth.

OY VEY

>you'll never have your own caveau filled with silver and gold
>you'll never have your own stalker stash filled with rare artifact

Its kind of bulky desu.

If you want to save a measly $100k, you need like 400 pounds of the stuff. Where do you store it?

kek'd

what form is it in? I bought bags of pre-1964 quarters, and it just seemed kind of dumb.

You could put it in your gun safe next to the lead I suppose. That's why you move to gold if you want a whole heck of a lot.

Why buy it when I can just go pick up TONS

Oooooh There's Even BIG Ones Dipped In GOLD

Because that's not really easy to liquidate or otherwise use for the variety of things people who want to hold physical sometimes imagine they might do one day.

Sell it to some refinery / mint operation and find out what it's really worth and if it would make sense to pick up tons of it.