What does Sup Forums think of transhumanism?

What does Sup Forums think of transhumanism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

already here

and it looks like this

it's a good way to guarantee yourself a place in hell.

By setting aside our physical bodies we are taking away the very thing that makes us human.

And giving control to whoever built the technology.

If god wanted us to keep our physical bodies, then he shouldn't have made them out of rotting meat. Seems like bad planning desu

I suspect dysgenics are using ultraviolet lasers, so I won't have any qualms selecting the best genes from both myself and my future wife, then we will breed a race of augmented humans that will subjugate humanity.

The horror caused will form a mythos that echoes across time. Let the augment war begin.

Ok, John Cleese. ;)

I know who John Cleese is, but I don't get the reference.

the mind draws so much of its understanding of the world surrounding it through the body it will be impossible to achieve

we have all these pipe dreams about AI, cyborgs, and whatever other stupid shit but we know so little about consciousness we can't even begin to cross that bridge

"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?"

It reminds me of

AI and the Internet is the Golem of the Jews and the Illuminati. When people become uploaded consciousness they will be impossible to control.

They can't even keep the lid on fucking bitcoins. If you think that they can maintain statist control when information speeds are thousands of time faster than even what we have now, you're a fool.

How confident would you be though that the company that produced your augment didn't also create a backdoor into it, or other nefarious systems? Would you really want to get a "Ieye" if it meant apple would be able to see everything you did? I personally would very much like to augment, I just worry that it will just enslave us to the (((corporations))) even more than we already are.

But user, how will go to hell if I never die?

Ohh I remember that now.
I wasn't thinking of that when I typed it though.

I work in a pathology lab, where I process diseased organs, and I also assist with autopsies.

I simply feel disgusted to know that you and I are literally made of rotting meat. If I ripped you open right now, your insides all smell like a cross between the butcher and seafood at the local grocery store. There's no difference between us and them, except they're dead and we're alive, so we eat them.

It's seriously fucking with my head. I can't even stand people touching me most of the time.

It's very obviously a bluepilled mentality and perspective on technology.

That's also why a couple of my more favored movies (1995 ghost in the shell and the sequel) are so cool to me. I've been thinking about what you said- we would undoubtedly act, feel and BE different when in a new body.

Supposing we managed to build a benign and helpful AI, I wonder how long it would tolerate the untermensch of the world. From the AI's perspective humans and there ethnicities are just statistics, and when viewed purely from an unbiased non emotional perspective certain groups are less intelligent, less productive, and more prone to crime than other groups. What incentive would an AI have to keep such ethnicities around? If the AI's goal is efficiency and solving the world's ills, it would seem a natural choice to remove those least likely to benefit that goal.

I've also felt weird after dissecting stuff, I think one time a pig heart because it was similar to a human heart. I also saw the Body Worlds exhibition and so close to a fresh "display" (corpse spilt in half) that I smelled the preservatives. Made me feel funny.

Somehow I feel that image has summed up what I think of transhumanism

Stupid meme. Someone please explain to me what the fundamental difference between a person with a cellphone and a person with a chip installed is?

It would probably sterilize suboptimal humans, assuming it had accrued some sort of totalitarian capabilities. Or it would trap them in some heavenly simulation.
>Here, homo sapiens africanus, please upload your consciousness into this pleasure cube for all of eternity
It would then chuck it in a warehouse somewhere and forget about it.

Optimal humans would get a similar treatment, only that they would be given hardware with vastly expanded mental faculties as well as the ability to interact with the outside world.

I guess a chip is a part of your physiology so your body interacts with it more directly. The small chips some companies are "requesting" their employees to implant (!!!!!) aren't particularly invasive, but imagine one going in your brain and storing memories through a "wetware" interface or something. Or perhaps replacing several organs with robotic parts and becoming a cyborg. It alters your experience on a more fundamental level than an external gadget.

1. get out of that career, it's fucking with your head.
2. Go see a doctor about this, you are autistic.

Why do you have that unfunny fat cunt isorrows in that pic OP?

I hate to sound like a fatalist, but I feel like it's preparing me for something I must do in the future.

'cuz Jensen is sexy.

>transhumanism
100% Jewish.

youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

I was wondering where my foreskin ran off to...

become a serial killer and remove all those disgusting organs from people's bodies?