Hi friends

hi friends

startup ceo who recently sold his company here

will answer any questions you might have, or you can just call me a globalist cuck

Other urls found in this thread:

digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption
finovate.com/51295-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would I care about you?

>or you can just call me a globalist cuck
With digits like that, I wouldn't dare.
Also, what the fuck is up?

i'm happy to answer any questions you might about the technology and/or finance industries as it relates to the various agendas and schools of thought on here

or we can just bantz, doesn't matter to me friendo

what sector

wife is with her family so i'm bored out of my fucking mind

family guy reruns on hulu and a fucking massive steak is what's going on right now

How did you get started.
Why not just be a neet. Are,you lead devel o per or just talentless buis guy that rode on success of others. How long since you had the idea. What starting funds did you have. What starting skills did you have. Vc backing? How,mmuch did it,sell for. How,old are you

Thoughts on notch and his pizzagate reference.

Bitcoin is unsustainable due to the power consumption of miners. Thoughts?

digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Favorite beer?
It's fucking important.

fintech*

* for the sake of not saying something that might get me doxxed, i reserve the right to lie about anything identifiable**

** on this one however i am not lying

are you in the bay?
describe your term sheet, why did you take the offer?
do you have to stay with the company or are you peacing out?

Do you know Peter Thiel? If so how would you go about becoming one of his lovers?

How much money do you have?

Are you white?

Did you go through Y Combinator?

got started by basically having a problem myself, building a solution, and going from there

having credentials (degree from top uni, etc.) helped me pass the smell test with investors and accelerator programs

lead developer, my specific background is in computational finance

every other question is too doxxable, sorry

>every other question is too doxxable, sorry
your favorite beer is doxable?
gimme a break, you globalist cuck.

hornets nests are fun to kick

i don't think he cares either way (i don't know him) but i suspect he's just shaking a snow globe and watching people lose it

How much of a cuck is Elon Musk?

elon musk has 6 sons

OK cuck, how do I get a decent job or otherwise earn decent income?

bitcoin is fundamentally flawed, as are all coins

they will never reach mainstream adoption until they are regulated, which is antithetical to why they were started in the first place

the people who could be most hurt by the blockchain (ie: people with large financial interests in the system remaining as is) will force regulation to happen, which will make the endeavor less interesting

right now only autists care about it and it will stay that way for a long time, comparing it to web 1.0 is incorrect and really only dumb people would do that

checked full house

how toxic was your workplace?
why sell your company?
and why was it because tech industry lacks ethics?

>hornets nests are fun to kick
Lemon wheat made my dick shrink. Now I'm to small for my operation.

Why are you here if you are so afraid of being doxxed? Do you have any info that we don't already know? Timelines? Names?

pliny the younger, get fucked up on that 10.25%!

i lived near the rogue brewery bar in sf, very advantangeous

Motherfucking Beast.
19 glorious percentage points of damage.
Critical failure to all who imbibe.

right now, no (company that bought mine is in nyc) but i was when i was independent

faced series a crunch, we raised seed and grew but ipo market is dry and therefore a lot of the bigger vc firms have more money out than ever before, which causes shockwaves down the system

the term sheets we got for the a were too onerous (either on valuation or on board control, shit like that) so we decided to sell for 5x multiple on seed valuation to hit a double, make everyone happy, and find a good landing spot for our IP

i don't regret it but if they fuck up my vision i might

Globalist cuck.

6 wife's sons. Also he needed fertility treatments because he shoots blanks due to the Rogaine for his baldness.

for how much? how long did it take you? how old are you?

How much do you spend on avocado toast and black bulls monthly?

not personally, i've been on email threads with him copied between mutual friends/investors

politics is politics, business is business

at a certain level no one really cares, it's all about the bucks

same reason why bernie sanders and the koch brothers are at the same events in dc

You heard it here, folks.
If you go bald, fucking embrace it.
That's a quote from my therapist.

nice, thanks

not looking forward to attempting the A round myself

how many employees did you have upon acquisition?

between 1-3m liquid, 3+ illiquid, which sucks

yes

sorry, too doxxable, but i/we went through an accelerator, yes

sorry it's taking me a while, these fucking captchas are annoying as fuck

>these fucking captchas are annoying as fuck
They reveal hidden codes, user.

his wives get progressively hotter and less bitchy from what i've seen

he's got one thing right: most men just want never to be told what to do

study machine learning and/or learn python

otherwise identify and exploit obvious arbitrage opportunities

y combinator alum here

also the only secret trump supporter in the valley as well

paul graham would be disappoint

At a certain level, it seems that bitchy significant others can be a real boon to success. They get yer ass in gear and know exactly which buttons to push if you lag behind.
The more successful you are, the less of that you need.
Take it from me, I know. I've never had a bitchy wife and I'm poor as fuck.

i don't think it was specifically toxic, but honestly i think a woman who had an ax to grind would have found things to bitch about

sold because series a term sheets offered were too onerous, this gave us the best upside at the least opportunity cost

tech industry lacks ethics only so far as it's flaws are magnified relative to other industries, its far more meritocrac..ial (not a word) than most but it also attracts the most socially maladjusted spergs with power and self-image issues

So basically you are the CEO/co-founder of one of the companies listed here finovate.com/51295-2/ that was sold to NYC-based company/investors recently. Too lazy to do this myself and also don't care enough. It's not like you have information leading to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

Oh man I've been needing some help. I have some amazing things in the works but need advice on how to get funding.

> also the only secret trump supporter in the valley as well

user, pls

hey, at least i'm not at burning man

seven figures

three years, first repo created to wire hitting my account

between 27 and 32

>meritocrac..ial
meritocratic

How much work in hours did you personally put into the project from inception to sale.

Should I:

a) Stay at an 8-person start-up which is probably about to receive £2-5m bridging round or series A

b) Move to a 100-person company that has received £100m+ in funding and is about to receive the same amount again

Compensation and enjoyment are the same, but with a) I would have 1.5% of the company vesting annually over 4 years.

What would you do?

>but it also attracts the most socially maladjusted spergs with power and self-image issues
Both a blessing and a curse.
Relatively untapped potential mixed with the maturity of an 8 year old.
What are your plans for the future?
You came here for a reason, so i'm assuming you have something else to say besides the nitpickings of your day to day office banter.

Nobody had called you a cuck yet so I just had to.

did you graduate from a target school (stanford/mit/etc)

how big was your team when you first pitched for funding?

ratio of CS/finance/business kids in the company when it sold?

unrelated story, but my fraternity in college (don't get it twisted, i went to a private school, so don't imagine a fraternity at a school in your head) had a giant 14 inch black dildo we kept in our trophy case that we called the pledge educator that we'd basically threaten chicks with if they didn't get the fuck out of our house after parties were over

so whenever someone mentions black bulls, i just remember waving it at chicks and them getting shocked and offended

this was way before riots and trigger warnings on campus, sorry newcollegefags, everyone is a mental weakling now!

>What would you do?
You're not an entrepreneur. Take the sure thing.

burn was about 200k/mo

nothing crazy

i don't know if i agree with this (i've literally dumped girls because i can't stand anyone telling me what to do - possibly what makes me a good entrepreneur/ceo type)

but if it works for other people, great

option a x 10000 if you were already vesting
option b might be full of underachievers but idk what it is you actually want
if you're trying to maximize gains and trust company a, stay there until you can cop half your shares

what's your next move, then?
another business or a stable route?

I've been in the valley since college and haven't had a successful exit yet and I feel like human garbage

assuming i actually told the truth about fintech, that is

i will say that 99% of what i've said in this thread is true so far, which has been fun because the questions have been reasonable and hopefully a nice diversion from the usual bantzy shitposting

>good entrepreneur/ceo type
Survivorship bias. You got lucky kid.

don't know if there's a magic bullet

first step is to understand what investors are looking for (huge returns, "safe" team - either domain experience or great resume on paper, some advantage or network or relationship they can leverage - think shark tank and what lori does)

second is to build at least a reasonable mvp, show retention (retention > quantity > revenue for early stage companies)

third is to get your ass out there and make the connections - i'm an introvert and i'm not going to lie and say it's not stacked against the introvert types but you gotta suck it up

i blame the pliny

millions?

i don't even know, it was like 18 hours a day, i don't have add but was taking my girlfriend's adderall in the early days because i was like a fucking laser when i took it

don't kid yourself - startups all have survivor bias in that you don't hear the story about the 95% of the them that fail but they are ALL a shit ton of work and an unreal amount of stress

>lacks ethics only so far as it's flaws are magnified relative to other industries
so you would say things like the collection and analysis of wholesale consumer data for the sake of "big data" is just a relative problem?
the amount of funding that goes into UX to specifically make hardware and software addictive is fucking ridiculous

Plans for another startup or early retirement?

gimme some beer money faggot desu

What do I do for a game show? I got the in on selling it no problem I got a whole team of people all industry pros but I'm needing particular type of investors who are adventure minded strong and willing to take risks where do I find and contact these types?

hard to know without knowing your risk thresholds, how much you care about sundry shit like better benefits, 401k, and so on

assuming both offers are equally enjoyable to you, honestly, i'd do a unless b is a rocket ship

public markets are trash right now and you see a TON of companies overraise vc and can't get out of it because their board would block it and/or there's no reasonable exits

always go to the place where the exit options are more numerous, even if they're potentially lower in economics

>millions?
3 years first repo to wire transfer to account x 365 days per year x maximum 24 hours of work per day on Adderall = 26,280 hours maximum

yes

two, both founding engineers although he's got decent front-end skills as well

60% eng, 40% non-eng (for the purposes of this, engineers means engineers, not prod dev people like designers, qa, etc)

good question! i actually don't know

i think i'd enjoy vc a lot but fuck those guys are the worst starfuckers i know, all they want to do is hang out with athletes and rappers and shit and pretend like they're in the club

also most vcs tend to think of their portfolio's success as their success, whereas in reality they didn't do shit other than write a check

no argument here

i think i'm skilled maybe a deviation or two away from the mean in that regard

but nowhere near enough to have the exit i did

luck is a big part of it

>I feel like human garbage
That's because you are. Just kys already.

Can I have a few thousand dollars just for the keks? KEK

absolutely, the game mechanics behind shit like candy crush are insidious and they prey upon the dumbest people possible

think of it another way: all business is shady, you don't want to really know how the sausage is made anyone

the marginal difference to me is so low that it's nonsensical to get mad at that minor marginal difference, so you rationally should either get mad at it all or mad at none of it

i prefer none because it's less work for me mentally

> J++

do it user
don the black North Face Vest and assimilate

Didn't even get digits kys

don't know, it's harder than you would think to know what the next step is

and i feel like a fucking jackass saying that, other people have real problems, not me

Nice trips.

How old were you when you started your first company?

I have some problems and a few thousand dollars would fix that, sponsor me richfag, I'll mail you progress letters like the lil Ethiopian kids.

don't be a dick, i was clearly speaking figuratively

> J++
You have to look at it upside down. ttr faggot

How does one go about finding ivestors with balls that might like to invest in a production company that has had experience producing television commercials short films which have been featured in film festival and distributed on the short films channel on dish Network has produced several music videos and wants to Branch out and produce a reality gameshow? You must have met some people who invest in these sorts of things so where do they hang out? How would I contact them and pitch my show? I already got the connections to sell it I just need the funding to produce it.

And you got the figures wrong

the cheesy ass answer is like 4, i was one of those dudes who literally started lemonade stands every weekend

the "real" answer is that this was my first one that was actually a registered business with the government, the rest was just beer money side gigs

Be Jewish

alright, i'm fucking tired, i'm going to go hit the sack and then go to bed

good talk everyone, enjoyed it

I am faggot! >:(

Grats on selling your business

My dream is to start mu own business and make a fortune and get a 10/10 trophy wife and lick her pussy every night

Yeah thanks for the help asshole.

"Five x my seed round"

Seed round is never over 2 mil, usually 750k to 1mil.
So, big shit. That's a terrible ROI.

10x or your investors are disappointed.

Globalist my ass, you'll be broke in 5 years. You only hang out here because no one in the valley is impressed.

sorry i didn't answer your question, too tired right now honestly

here's a meaningless platitude: never exert anything more than replacement-level effort making someone else rich

your time and opportunity costs are the most valuable resources you have

Thanks. Come back do another AMA. Possibly on /biz/ your experience might be more appreciated. (I hope I didn't crush your spirit with my bantz. You did check my flag, fintechanon?)

>all business is shady
the difference is that the tech industry is not currently legally obligated to follow ethical standards. given the amount of meshing that has occurred with tech and the lives of citizens, it would be disingenuous to say "it's just software" "it's just some lines of code" "it's the dumb person's fault for not reading/understanding the EULA" etc.

this is the forefront of kikery and pulling the wool over your own eyes isn't gonna make the problem go away; it will only get worse

our seed round was

no worries, leaf, i have eight hockey jerseys hanging in my closet from my favorite team

87, 71, 29..i'm sure you can figure it out

These kids don't know the industry. You want your ego stroked (eg "globalist") and that's ok.

Just give back, and don't pretend you're something you're not. It's douchy. And we have too many of those guys out here already.

Congrats, regardless.

Then get your uncle Shlomo to set you up with an intern position in some Hollywood producer's office

lol, do u ever talk to the embarrassing gab ai fagit

You fucktard are all your relatives white Supremacists? then what makes you think all mine are connected? Dumb fuck

lol, my startup got way more than that seed from andreessen