Mayor of Sydney plans to build some modern art for Sydney to be more "Instagram famous"

>Mayor of Sydney plans to build some modern art for Sydney to be more "Instagram famous".
I shit you not.
>Originally given $3 fucking million dollars and now has blown out to $11,000,000.
>It's a hideous fucking arch over the main street of Sydney right in-front of some of our most beautiful heritage buildings.
>"It will become one of the most photographed landmarks in our city and add to Sydney’s standing as one of the world’s great cultural capitals.”
I literal fucking eyesore march in the middle of our city which will now be blocking our heritage buildings such as the Queen Victoria Building and our Town Hall.

FUCKING LEFTIST RETARDS I SWEAR TO GOD
theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/sydney-cloud-arch-in-8m-blowout/news-story/293ecc95bc8f42d5f3d4878c91b731c6

Other urls found in this thread:

dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/clover-moores-milk-crate-sculpture-project-set-to-be-axed-over-crime-fears/news-story/3c9750e491a5fc4263c055c365d5a9e5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'll all be fags soon anyway

it looks like a invisible dinosaur just unloaded the moneyshot

Should be easy to make it fall over tbqh. It's just thin steel, you could do it in a night with the right saw.

Be the hero, user.

bad dragon dildo designs are just getting lazy

A fucking MS Word Paperclip
>sees filename
Ok!

This is going to be vandalised so much when it's completed.

>Should be easy to make it fall over tbqh. It's just thin steel, you could do it in a night with the right saw.
Unfortunately not. Would be structural steel with deep footings.

The West is SHIT now, bring the 30's back.

Who the fuck dedicates their life to art, then when asked to create a magnum opus sculpture that will be seen by tens of thousands daily and will be a tourist attraction justs shrug and goes "lol squiggly lines, and... done".
Fuck I hate artists

IN AMERICA WE SHIT 11 MILLION DOLLERYDOOS

STEP IT UP CUNTS

Modern art and architecture is inherently classist.
Structures should suit functional public needs.

>the same people that will spend $11m on this cancer are the same people that accuse donald trump of being a bad businessman

I wouldn't put that on a refrigerator if a 5 year old drew it. Instead I would tell them that their art is bad and they should feel bad. Step your game up son and learn not to draw like a retard.

Thats not even its final form. Apparently squiggly line was too hard so now its just a curve. Also its twice as big as before because it wasnt already shitting all over the great architecture in that area quite enough.

I dunno, the price is insane but I kinda like it as the engineering to make the swirly piece of shit stand that tall is interesting.

>Artists 500 years ago
>Sistine chapel
>Artists today
>Squiggly lines

how can that shit be worth $11M?

thats fucking money laundring

we can hang commies from it ;^)

Stupid shit like this is always a cover for money laundering

Not really.
You throw together an engineering toolkit and an evolutionary algorithm and you can design one easily.

Maybe that's why their is a movement to start tearing down statues

GUYS QUICK ITS /OURMONUMENT/

ITS A SYMBOL FOR WHITE NATIONALISM

ITS RACIST AND BIGOTED AS FUCK

/OURARCH/

>Donald gets a loan of a million dollars
>Outrage
>Mayor of Sidney spends eleven FUCKING MILLION on a piece of shit eyesore
>Silence

>Makes a scribble
>It shall be cast in steel 8 gorillian dollars

It's probably being built by a pretentious artist who no one cares about except the social elites.

wtf save that money for the refugee apartments you need to make

How many child prostitues do you buy with $11M?

but it's a japanese artist
isn't that squiggle kawaii

>A white scribble is art
Conceptual af tbqfh fampai

What?
Haven't you heard? Despite being illiterate in THEIR OWN language and not speaking a word of English other than "gibs" they'll all be high paid doctors and engineers that will be a boon to our society.

>japanese artist
confirmed the cunt mayor is buying lolis

Don't swear to God. It is very bad to do so.

>squiggly line downgraded to a fucking curve
>But cost is increased by nearly 400% for a piece of modern "art".

What exactly are they trying to create out of our city?

Even a neon jungle is better then this crap.

>3 becomes 11
Corruption?

Meanwhile, Japan just erected a life-size Gundam Unicorn display for much less and in less time.

this
We make it to a new white supremacist symbol.

MEME IT

>heritage buildings.
>less than 300 yo
Kek

It will increase in value over time. In 30 years there will be artists talking about how it's brilliant, represents the time, or some other shit the pulled out of their ass. It's going to take a century or so before you make your money back though, if it doesn't get torn down before hand to make way for some other ugly monument. The honest to God truth is, our whole era is ugly.

nigger it actually costs 5 dollars to make and put up
its just a way to drain public money into someones pocket and their friends pockets
they are just stealing money
how do you not understand this?

At best we would get a giant sized aboriginal being a didgeridoo or maybe a fucking boomerang

I would have preferred even something similar to the louvre which was able to cross the roads which you could drive under.

But we get a $11,000,000 semen curve.

this
australia is the world capital of racist SICK CUNTS

>Australian mayor, Hmm how do we increase tourism.
>Guy one, Paint a rainbow on the roads.
>Guy two, How about a BLM only space.
>Guy three, H-how about we build an arch... But make it squiggly.
>Everyone, Fucken genius.

>The $2.5 million plastic milk crate in Belmore Park sculpture was scrapped in order to fund this arch sculpture.

Fucking REEEE

dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/clover-moores-milk-crate-sculpture-project-set-to-be-axed-over-crime-fears/news-story/3c9750e491a5fc4263c055c365d5a9e5

Bumpity bump. It's the least we can do to show our appreciation.

It's funny because for that same amount of money you could have paid several sculptors to make something not shit and have more than one around your city and it would have been actually good.

>$11,000,000
that's like $50 in American money

I'm unironically willing to join anyone interested in doing this. I'll drive.

You could say that the single white strip symbolizes Australia's dedication to a pure unified line of anglo heritage. The fact that the two ends rise out of the ground and back into the ground play into the term 'blood and soil' which with the country and the sculpture through ouroboros recognizes a truly eternal white only nation that is Australia.

For $11,000,000 you could have done so much to benefit the city.

But who cares! MEH WHITE PRIDE CURVE!

step up cunts

Give us one of those! GIBS US THAT!

why?
has no one thought what this will be in 10 years time?

>10 years time

Obviously not. This is equivalent of getting a shit tattoo.

They ran the structural analysis on the shape and realized it wasn't going to be strong enough.

I don't even know how they would have made that so that is actually fairly impressive.

>They seek the opinion of a structural engineer AFTER they propose and begin implementing the sculpture.

It's as if they squiggled lines on a napkin and said gimme $3 million then got the thumbs up.

is it an inflatable?

>Oi love!
>Grab the kids and nanna, we are all gonna hop on the train to the city to check our the cum curve!
>Nah love ur retarded it's put our city on the map!
>Kids grab ur thongs and make sure you don't forget to slip slop slap ur way through the muzzies at parra!

It's literally a fucking squiggle, it was never meant to exist in the real world.

Postmodern art is a money laundering scheme. It doesn't cost 11 million dollars to make this dumb horseshit.

For things such as this.

Is the construction put up for tender in order to get the most competitive price?

I know that feel.
Berlin's leftist government decided to build this atrocity, so they can take a dump in the middle of historical center. People were protesting and were ignored.

What is that crap?

How much did it cost and is it completed?

Is that a skatepark?

Corruption. That thing costs a few thousand and then they pocket the rest

it's like you never played a city building game
landmarks bring money in in various ways
wow
i thought of the cristo redentor rio dejaneiro statue, opened up my >70k pics folder, it displayed pics randomly like windowsshit does and there it was right under my gaze

release nanites

Supposed to be a monument representing reunification of Germany (how I don't know).
Apparently 15 million euro are planned, but looking at how Berlin Senate works, I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to inflate the cost 2-3 times over

>Who the fuck dedicates their life to art
only people you will never hear about in jewified weimar republic tier society

For $11,000,000 you could have a statue of Stalin made out of gold.
Lefties aren't even lefty enough.

holy Jesus are those walkways?

That actually looks kinda cool, should be a Torus instead though.

How can they get away with something like that?

>landmarks

This is only if they are worth viewing user.

Because nobody can tell them not to and there's no fear of punishment or consequences whatsoever.

We need a government to destroy the constitution and then remake it. We're too far gone. Also, if Labour gets in power, we're fucked.

Mean while in China

>Tfw no Guan Yu Staue in the middle of Sydney

Well, to be objectivte its probably 3D sculpture which is supposed to look different from different positions and angles and picture in OP doesnt make it justice. Still questionable location though.

It's obviously a representation of white DNA. Nips are honest Aryans, remember?

They could just buy that huge golden Mao statue instead - apparently it cost just $459,000 to build

>Tfw no Guan Yu Staue in the middle of Sydney
yet

Yes... .YES!

>apparently it cost just $459,000 to build
typical made in china crap

Nah, probably lightning protection

I'd rather drive under a $500,000 Mao statue in Sydney made of toilet rolls and cardboard then that cum curve.

REMEMBER ME

FUck of faggot. Homosexuals should be shot

(((Modern art)))

This
And this

It's Dignity

beat you to it shitney lol

10/10 art user.

>huge golden mao statue in the middle of fucking nowhere

Is this , like, one of those stupid objectives that you have to complete in Tropico, but in real life?

It's just a bunch of kikes making easy money from the government

Underrated post

>tropico
Good games; loved 3 and 4

>"It will become one of the most photographed landmarks in our city and add to Sydney’s standing as one of the world’s great cultural capitals.”

He's right. You don't understand meme magic yet.

Most people will think it's kooky. People like you will think it's the dumbest shit ever. You'll all have emotional reactions to it, and everyone will take a photo.

The photos are sigils, of a completely unique object, denoting only one thing: SYDNEY. The art is abstract, without inherent meaning. When people see it, the only thing that it will be associated with is SYDNEY. Every time someone shares a fucking selfie in front of the thing, they're powering the meme of SYDNEY.

Do you get it yet, user?
Do you understand why the aesthetic does not matter?
Do you see why making it a ridiculous shape makes it more powerful than simply constructing a beautiful-looking building?

SYDNEY.

this stuff is designed purely to demoralise and confuse the population. we all know it's awful, but there we are spending tens of millions of dollars on absolute eyesores. the direct implication being either that there's something wrong with you for not liking it, or just how crushing it is that you have no control over what abominations they decide to plonk down in your home. you are powerless and small, and they can do whatever they want no matter how stupid or deliberately awful.

But how would it be done?

Because the Sydney Oprah house doesn't scream Sydney enough