periscope.tv/w/1gqxvOqlvEeKB
pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1DXGyOrdzvPxM?
streamable.com/cyldw

NOAA STATUS: nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?cone#contents
NOAA SUMMARIES: nhc.noaa.gov/nhc_at4.xml
Wikipedia Page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Harvey

NEWS:
>Menacing Category 4 Hurricane Harvey on verge of reaching Texas coast
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hurricane-harvey-texas-20170825-story.html

>Thousands flee in Texas as ‘Harvey’ becomes Category 4 hurricane
interaksyon.com/thousands-flee-in-txas-as-hurricane-harvey-threatens-record-flooding/

>President Trump signs disaster declaration as Hurricane Harvey nears Texas coast
abc11.com/weather/trump-signs-disaster-declaration-as-hurricane-harvey-nears-coast/2337957/

>Hurricane Harvey makes landfall in Texas as a Category 4 storm with more than 130 mph winds
nydailynews.com/news/national/hurricane-harvey-landfall-tex-category-4-storm-article-1.3442752

>US: Texas facing major disaster as Hurricane Harvey approaches coastline [Radio Pakistan]
radio.gov.pk/26-Aug-2017/us-texas-facing-major-disaster-as-hurricane-harvey-approaches-coastline

> 35+ inches of rain; 110 mph winds
nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4 shtml/251452.shtml

HURRICANE SAFETY:
txdot.gov/inside-txdot/division/traffic/safety/weather/hurricane.html
nws.noaa.gov/os/hurricane/
redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/hurricane
nationalgeographic.com/environment/natural-disasters/hurricane-safety-tips/

Stream Texas Radiostations:
radio.garden/live/houston-tx/

ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/h5-loop-ir2.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_tuDP7A99o
pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1zqJVRbdVkXJB
youtube.com/watch?v=qL3osHj-Myc
youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8
i.4cdn.org/pol/1503738312392.gif
houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2017/06/22/205851/how-houstons-texas-medical-center-prepares-for-disasters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Jeff still alive? that man is a god

Maybe we'll see Jeff in a boat libestreaming the flooding.

digits and texas gets wiped off

Thays already happened, at least the coast anyways, a lot of sand has been shifted for sure and a lot of property has probably been washed away.

Not today shit kicker not today

WE late night now

Reporting in from Corpus Christi. All is well. It was pretty rough around 10 pm. Getting gusts around 50mph. Feel sorry for the poor bastards that went north.

im comfy in cali

he ded son

Hey, you guys remember the semi-driver Jeff found and told to go hid his truck from the worst of the storm? Rumor has it his truck got flipped anyways.

Is this the beginning of the end?

Fort bend here. Fairly quiet right now. Lots of rain and tornado warnings. Nothing other than that yet.

Kek protect Jeff

Tornado happening inside hurricane?!

So who is going to check on Jeff?

ARE YOU HERE KEK?

No. It's just the beginning

Fuh...

thats the guy out there covering this shit?

jesus.

Polished off a redbull now listening to some music, what is Sup Forums listening to?
here's some religious post-witch house
youtube.com/watch?v=x_tuDP7A99o

Yep. A few, mostly in the outer rainbands.

Jeff's last words.

"I'm gotta grab some water. I'm very dehydrated."

He gets out of car and link dies....

pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1zqJVRbdVkXJB

So is happening off or still just beginning?

It's not uncommon, actually.

Fuck I'm tired. Meant to reply to the other.

Reports of gunfire and looting on the Southside of Corpus. Sitting here locked and loaded.

Epic as fug

let's make it a category 5

Happening off? Wait some hours until destruction is seen. Its nightime in Texas.

youtube.com/watch?v=qL3osHj-Myc
Dark ambient is best for happenings.

It's only just beginning. The storm is expected to sit in its current position for the next couple days dropping a shitton of rain all over the place, maintaining the storm surge the entire time, and just for shits and giggles blasting more wind all over the place.

It's expected that by the time Harvey finally moves off and the area see's sunshine again, the aftermath will be as bad as Katrina if not worse.

It's what Jeff would've wanted.
youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8

fugggg

Wishing a nigga would?

I WAS WATCHING JEFFS STREAM EARLIER TODAY

WHATS THE UPDATE?

satan wills it. get fucked amerilards.

and 70% texan are non-white

>Cat 2
the fuck? I thought it was supposed to last until next week?

United States is cuckolded. Even the weather is.

Planet X confirmed to strike through the eye.

It won't be as bad as Katrina because the area isn't as insanely flood prone. Also there isn't a levee to break like in New Orleans.

I hope not, but I'm ready if they do. Before power went out I heard reports on the the there was looting in the bluff. Just got signal back on my phone and got an alert saying there is looting and gunfire on the Southside. Will report more when it comes.

checked

KEK CONFIRMS!!
CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE WILL WIPE ALL NON-WHITES OUT OF TEXAS!!

Ooooh shiet

Oh damn.

>The storm is expected to sit in its current position for the next couple days dropping a shitton of rain all over the place

staying Cat 2 til Tuesday

>So is happening off or still just beginning?

The main problem with hurricanes isn't the wind, it's not a tornado where you instantly see the damage.

The hurricane slows down over land and then pisses tons of water on already flood prone areas. The major damage after Katrina was the mass of rain plus the levee system breaking and flooding everything. Likewise here the real damage will be the floods.

Houston isn't directly hit but is flood prone and one of the biggest cities in the US. The damage could be immense in cost if not death toll. The displacement from Katrina changed the racial makeup of Texas.

>Reports of gunfire and looting

This was also the case during Katrina. But I guess people have a heads up this time. Nice pewpew.

>
dropping a shit ton of shit everywhere

fucking harvard!

CHECKED

Just beginning. The coast is smashed from wind and surge. The storm will degrade quickly in the coming hours but it will stay relatively still for about 4 days while continuing to draw in moisture from the gulf causing catastrophic floods. This happening is a slow burn.

i.4cdn.org/pol/1503738312392.gif

Katrina also didn't stall over the area for 3 days and more or less fizzled on contact with the shore. Harvey's been on land for going on 8 hours now and aside from a contracting of the eye and a wind-speed drop to 110mph, is still very much active and going strong.

It's possible that Harvey will maintain hurricane strength over land during the stall period due to the proximity of the Gulf of Mexico giving it an energy source to draw on to counteract land interaction losses.

Hole Shit

Is this shit coming to Galveston/Houston right now? Sounds like a tornado outside.

Any guesses of material damage in ameribucks? Rockport got smashed.

SHIEEEEET

WORRY

Katrina didn't need to because of places like New Orleans being below sea level and being right on the coast. So the flooding was rapid and fucked shit up really fast which is more dangerous.

Also the levee breaking didn't help.

There will be some flooding for sure but it won't be anything as crazy as Katrina.

>QUADS APPROACHING
QUADS APPROACHING
>WARNING
>WARNING
WARNING
>WARNING

Well, we'll see. 2 feet of rain and a 10ft or higher storm surge depending on the area is ALOT of water.

Houston is going to flood last I heard. Already past Galveston I think.

It's here, anony. Rain and wind just picked up in my area.

He is with us now!

I'm in the med center and my streets have already started flooding.

Yeah time will tell on this, it would be more interesting if it was something really crazy but I don't think it will be.

PRAISE

Just got a crazy gust down here in Galveston. Blew outdoor furniture all around the yard and shit was flying down the street.

Unspeakable things are coming

Do a livestream

Too late. You missed out.

>I'm in the med center and my streets have already started flooding.

The Texas medical Center got wiped out in 2001 by Allison. It like to flood there...

houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2017/06/22/205851/how-houstons-texas-medical-center-prepares-for-disasters/

Phone re-charging. I'ts pitch black outside so you won't be able to see just yet. The gust only lasted a few minutes. I'll stream as soon as its daylight.

>there's a chance Harvey could go back into the gulf, restrengthen into a hurricane, then hit Louisiana

WHY AREN'T WE ROLLING TO KEK FOR THIS? THIS IS THE "BEST" CASE SCENARIO FOR THIS HAPPENING.

Need to save battery. Corpus signing off.

Midtown Houston still seems fine and dandy. Just tons of frogs now.

Katrina had the storm surge of a cat 5, that was the real problem. The surge pushed lake pontchartrain (the brakish estuary called a lake on the north of the city) 12 feet higher than normal. Now most of nola's drainage pumps feed into long canals that feed into the lake, so the canals, already filling up with rainwater, had a 12ft push from the lake which overtopped the levees, causing them to fail. Now a body of water 12ft above sea level is trying to fill a bowl 6ft below sea level. There were other canals and levees that failed from surge that drained out into the gulf like the 9th ward and got a much more direct shot of 20+ft of surge that easily toppled the levees there.

can we get quints here?

Quints pleas

so you see thats why i think katrana was a category 7... *faps loudly*

Maybe next time, 'straya

>

>

It was a cat 3 with a big ass surge that overwhelmed the city's lackluster flood protection. Only after did they think to put floodgates on the outlets of the canals...

>Is this shit coming to Galveston/Houston right now? Sounds like a tornado outside.

i left houston for dallas yesterday. i feel like a pussy

Houston will still be getting some flooding you were just a day or two early

Freshest 30-second GOES-16 imagery

Beautiful how the hurricane just sits like that.

It's moving less than you're used to because the entire movie is ~30 minutes

Which of the streams are you guys watching?

How many inches of rain are people saying Houston is going to get? I live in the subarbs west of Houston towards Katy and was told to expect between either 15 to 30 inches or 16 to 20 inches depending on which map people were going by.

>GOES-16
Where do you get its beatiful images?

SW Houston has tornado warnings non-stop. I haven't gone to sleep at all because of them.

Sorry for Jeffposting but it's been four hours, he was with other people and his job is basically for moments like this. There's no update on his twitter, they sheltered behind a prefab wall, basically a concrete sail, for the second part of the hurricane, usually the worst and their position put them in prime position for the storm surge that was coming with it.
I legit think Jeff is dead.