Ulster Scots

This is what we pay for, lads. We gave the boggers a billion fucking bongs and this is what they're doing with it.
Christ almighty, when can we sever these cunts?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/pidgin
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12119873/What-is-Burns-Night-and-who-was-Robert-Burns.html
telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/non_fictionreviews/3553933/The-invention-of-Scotland.html
youtu.be/Tpggdc644qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wame
Is that supposed to sound like womb?

I have no idea.
The """""language""""" isn't even a language I don't think, I think it's just literal slang. It's been cropping up all over their news in response to proposals for an Irish Language Act and it's absolutely fucking daft.

I remember reading that the official Ulster-Scots for "disabled children" is "wee daft-uns" or something.
Christ alive, Northern Ireland was a mistake.

hardly any one speaks that and the ones that do are the retarded Brits and we'd be more then happy to take it back

Then why does shit like this exist? Why are people demanding an "Ulster Scots Act"?

This is basically Paddy Pidgin

bbc.com/pidgin

Its a language that is close to old English. Literally a more pure English than the the frenchified version I'm writing in now.

You're a robotic tismo. Their language is just as valid as the gayspeak you use.

This "language" is a massive meme, they're just promoting it for gibs and to troll the Irish, who are demanding gibs for their own meme language which literally nobody in the North speaks as a first language. It's funny really, though it would be funnier if somebody else was paying for it.

What is this?

> Language retains many words and traits from old English
> Makes it a babaric language

Not too sure where that logic comes from mate, is this just to distract us from the fact that you pay for state propoganda that literally introduced a site for perpetuating pidgin english i.e. proto-newspeak?

Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it,
But we hae meat and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be Thanket!

Can't imagine why Scots would want their culture preserved... Why on earth? It's not like they have a rich history and literary tradition... yeah.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye worthy o' a grace
As lang's my arm.

The groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hurdies like a distant hill,
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o need,
While thro your pores the dews distil
Like amber bead.

His knife see rustic Labour dight,
An cut you up wi ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright,
Like onie ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm-reekin, rich!

Then, horn for horn, they stretch an strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a' their weel-swall'd kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
The auld Guidman, maist like to rive,
'Bethankit' hums.

Is there that owre his French ragout,
Or olio that wad staw a sow,
Or fricassee wad mak her spew
Wi perfect scunner,
Looks down wi sneering, scornfu view
On sic a dinner?

Poor devil! see him owre his trash,
As feckless as a wither'd rash,
His spindle shank a guid whip-lash,
His nieve a nit;
Thro bloody flood or field to dash,
O how unfit!

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
He'll make it whissle;
An legs an arms, an heads will sned,
Like taps o thrissle.

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis

Burns is also a meme, popular in translation (apparently the Russians love him). To an English speaker it's just doggerel.

Perhaps we should demand that all government documents are translated into Middle English, to preserve the language of Chaucer.

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12119873/What-is-Burns-Night-and-who-was-Robert-Burns.html

Seems the Scots still like him. In Canada we do Burns Suppers too.

Braid Scots is an extant language with 1000s of speakers. Middle English isnt.

"Scottish culture" was almost all invented by LARPers in the nineteenth century. "Braid Scots" is a dialect at best, no more different to Standard English than Geordie, and nobody who speaks it doesn't understand Standard English. This drive to have it as an official language is just a scam, they've seen how much the Welsh (who at least actually have a language) have benefited financially and politically from the same thing.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/non_fictionreviews/3553933/The-invention-of-Scotland.html

I actually understood and still use some of those terms. But I'm half Scottish. I look mostly Asian though so I probably seem weird

Welsh qts a cute
youtu.be/Tpggdc644qg

They're also remarkably easy, even by British standards. You should come over for a holiday if you like them, it's a nice country as well.