John Oliver's legal hell is the stuff of Hulk Hogan-fueled nightmares

> John Oliver is being sued by Robert Murray, the head of a coal-based energy company and a recent subject of mockery on Oliver's Last Week Tonight. The case is set to go forward in West Virginia, where several of the companies technically suing Oliver are based.
> Murray is suing Oliver and HBO for defamation for a segment on Last Week Tonight in which the host hurled a variety of insults mixed with facts alongside claims that a mine accident that killed nine people was the result of the company's practices rather than an earthquake. Murray is a particularly litigious person, having already sued the New York Times.

archive.is/hUg0T

Wouldn't you love to see this little cunt squirm in court?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3911594/Wvnd-19902323086.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Wouldn't you love to see this little cunt squirm in court?
What? I want to see this guy raped by a group of Somalis.

>Gawker dindu nuffin!!!

This is the guy that came up with the drumpf meme, eternally obliterating all arguments in favour of trump. We have to stop him, he's too dangerous.

I remember the only reason he does his funny little US show is because he was a completely failed comedian over here in the UK

HBO actually has money, idiot

also,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell

can we meme le current year man's downfall?

Guess shitskins aren't fans

no, civil cases are decided by juries

Juries can be convinced, just saying

The best part of this whole case is the brief that was filed by the ACLU. It's savage AF.

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3911594/Wvnd-19902323086.pdf

>III. Anyone Can Legally Say “Eat Shit, Bob!”
>This case is beyond meritless. It is offensive to the very ideals of free speech embodied in the First Amendment. The fact that Plaintiffs filed this case is ridiculous enough; but, to pour gasoline on the fire, plaintiffs’ counsel has also filed a motion asking the court to make John Oliver not say mean things about him anymore.
>It is frankly shocking that Plaintiffs were able to find attorneys willing to file a lawsuit that is so obviously unconstitutional. It is apt that one of Plaintiffs’ objections to the show is about a human-sized squirrell named Mr. Nutterbutter, because this case is nuts

jurors are chosen from people who haven't heard about the case my main man

>West Virginia
couldn't be in a nicer place

Hope he wins

> This is bad for Oliver. Murray will enjoy home-field advantage in West Virginia despite the best efforts of the lawyers representing Oliver and HBO to move the case to federal court.
How popular is John Oliver in West Virginia?

>Wouldn't you love to see this little cunt squirm in court?
I sure would.

removal to federal court is trivially easy.

And yet his kike lawyers couldn't make it happen

Systematically dismantling leftist propaganda, one lawsuit at a time.

Between this and Trump deputizing school officers to detain illegal kids when they show up at public schools, it's been an amazing Saturday.

I still don't understand what's supposed to be funny about the "drumpf" meme.

Yes his family's surname spelling changed centuries ago, and?

Can't you just deport all the bongs back to their sad rainy little rock and be done with it? I've never seen anything good come out of bongs migrating to USA.

Burning coal is a dirty fucking business, but an enemy of my enemy is my friend for now.

I hate that smug, holier than thou faggot. I hope he goes broke and loses his show.

>Wouldn't you love to see this little cunt squirm in court

The dude's just a puppet that reads a teleprompter. I doubt he's had an original thought in years. His writers are the ones who would get hit

Not supposed to be funny. It was first used as a sleight against his German ancestry. And in the mind of every retarded leftist, germany = nazis.

Most either have no idea he exists or they think he's a sleazy little man

What legal hell? Murray has exactly zero legal ground to stand on.

>This is the guy that came up with the drumpf meme
Huh, wasn't that the "Anonymous" ? I remember they shill all over the internet that they have something about Trump for a few days.

No, he's good.
Oliver accused him of manslaughter via negligence through his company on TV for everyone to see.
This is no doubt damaging to his reputation and his business and he has the money to fight it.
John is fucked.

Doesn't matter. Even if he could lose the case. He could stall it and out-spend HBO. That's the point of the article, if you read it.

If only he could be deported to London or France.

Fuck, I always mistake Indonesia for Poland.

The optics on this do not look good.

sincere apologies for this pure cunt Ameribruvs
we don't send our best

Based self-made coal billionaire wrecking this faggot UK fairy's shit, it's amazing.

I know. You gave us Piers Morgan for a few years. Until he got sent back because even (((CNN))) thought he was too much of a smug prick.

Trump loves his dad, so he mocked John Stewart for being so estranged that he changed his last name (Leibowitz) to disrespect his own dad. This remark about Jewish people hiding their ancestry really butt flustered Oliver, so he came up with Drumph.

Well to be fair, we do have this based motherfucker somewhere. Too bad he moved on from his late night show.

>It is apt that one of Plaintiffs’ objections to the show is about a human-sized squirrell named Mr. Nutterbutter, because this case is nuts

That's incredibly lame, unfunny and cringe-inducing. The ACLU usually has talented and smart lawyers. Wisecracks in a legal brief is not smart. *Dumb* and unfunny wisecracks in a brief is pathetic.

>Jews jewing Jews
So business as usual? His ratings will skyrocket

heh

t. reddit
Everyone knows a bunch of West Virginians are going to find him guilty for insulting coal faggot.

DRUMPF!!! xDDDD

Nothing is funny about it. Trump is the anglicized version of Drumpf. An Anglo is laughing about a German-American having to change their name b/c of people like Oliver are assholes.

so the muzzies can see his underpants

In the episode I'm pretty sure Jon says he's probably going to get sued for the segment and highlights the guys rediculous lawsuits in the past. I trust HBO lawyers over a trigger-happy litigants.

But that's not what the case is about. Oliver claimed that the mine collapse was due to malpractice of the mine owners, when it was caused by an earthquake. That's libelous, and he is completed entitled to challenge it.

Look a the little right winger get triggered.

He lies a lot. Don't settle out of court, SUE HIM FOR BILLIONS

That's unfortunate. Before I watched the show I was about to invest 33 billion into the mentioned mining company. I expect that they add every cent of it to John Olivers bill.

?

It will be settled out of court. He will not lift a finger is his own defense. Sorry, the law dont work that way son

>HBO jews paying for his bong ass
nope

I don't like how they get these people like John Oliver, Jim Jefferies, or whoever the fuck that guy is on the daily show now. These guys aren't even from here and it makes me cringe that the left is so ashamed of our country that they need foreigners to shit on it.

I doubt as much as a private energy corporation

>your posts

>stand up to business owner's threats to do the right thing
>but he's a liberal, so Sup Forums wants him to get punished for speaking honestly
These are the people you think are objective and want to fight the controlling state; people who'll throw anyone to the wolves as long as they've ever stood up for something against their narrative.

how about as much as a fortune 100 company?

He could be talking about improper earthquake safety regulations that the company ignored, leading to the deaths.

I know, it's hilarious how they think it's some kind of airhorn meme. I haven't had the heart to tell them it's not the least bit offensive until now.

Lads, your meme is cringey.

The reason is this. They dont want the opinion of an actual american to matter in the mind of young white americans.

They want young white americans to associate white americans with white trash, nazis, hillbillies but they still want white young americans to think a certain way. So they shame their natural identity and bring in a replacement.

It's pretty fucking pathetic isn't it? I bet if they could they'd vote in some wise ass brit to the oval office.

>supporting coal
Both sides in this are horrible and need to die.

He makes a comedy show.

Now follow me here because I know that statement may be hard to believe, but no matter how shitty his political 'humour' may be, he has the right to say it.

>man pisses off corporate fat-cat who benefits from the poor man's suffering
>man gets sued
>man retains composure and continues to mock fat-cat at all avenues, even when it is inadvisable

This guy would have been a hero to this board 4 years ago. What changed?

Yes. They are killing national sovereign democracies because they are so brainwashed it becomes impossible to have a conversation with them. They interrupt and disrupt every established institution and political and democratic meeting. Their only argument is. You're a white male.

The point of it is so that they can move democracy to NGOs, the united nations and other globalist organisations. That way the ultra rich 0.0001% can run the world without democratic interference and the brainwashed sheep will have the luxury of being run by foreign snarky elites.

>the right to slander

Read your Big Book of Other Countries' Laws again, Muhammed.

Dude, fat cats and rich people. Humble television personality knows what's up. Be sure to tune in.

yes the way of the future is rule by internationalist corporate lobbyists instead of the people

In effect we are bringing a new form of oligarchy and repression worse than anything in the past all in the name of "diversity" and lowering wages.

>muh first amendment

In my world, he would be hanging from an oak tree.

The fact that this 'brave hero' is an insufferable cunt. I hope he gets BTFO in court.

I get you. They're essentially making the government more powerful while consolidating the people and systematically ruining traditional cultures and identities that are not the hive mind. i think we're really on a set path -- a train on tracks. I think we're pretty much already there in a lot of ways. It scary when you realize how little power you actually have. So many people parade around as if they are foot soldiers in a political movement, but in reality they're lower than pawns, they are dust fragments in a big game run by the rothschilds and whoever his cronies are. It doesn't even matter who my president is anymore, I suppose trump somewhat supports tradition.

>corproate fat cat

You mean John Oliver the multi millionaire media personality?

The man is a walking corporate product.

>Savage
>Not BTFO'd

Get back to rebbit

Imagine being this cucked

read hustler v falwell

Sure Oliver has tons o' cash, but that doesn't invalidate a good troll. He got an executive so rustled that a lawsuit is happening. At the very least we have to laugh at the fucker who got rustled, too.

Do you know what defamation means you fucking idiot

The only real power in the modern world is finance, international corporations, international media, interest groups, political action committees, lobbyists, NGOs, think tanks, etc, basically the blood sucking parasites who leech off the productive.

You can try to stop them, but either no one will listen or, if you are even remotely successful you will get slandered

He's a corporate stooge selling a product. Do you think he'd ever have the balls to go after an HBO corporate sponsor?

Nope. Modern leftism means sucking corporate cock while at the same time pretending to hate it.

>a Hollywood celebrity insulting coal
Gee I wonder what WEST VIRGINIANS would think of that?

It's fucking depressing, but the writing is really on the wall. Why would the government really want to take our guns away and also have a giant agency that can track our movements? Quite clearly they're trying to make sure we're all kept under watch. I don't see why most people can't just call it out. I think this is the true redpill honestly.

But who do you support in a world like this in an election? Donald Trump?

The day of the rake has been postponed.

What do we need to do to get you guys to take him back?

Nah, Sup Forums has been anti-Hollywood for as long as I've been here (5 years)

Donald Trump is opposed to it since he openly support nationalism over globalism which had become completely forbidden. You don't have a democracy or sovereignty unless you have democracy. The globalists believe they don't need your opinion which is very dangerous. The whole idea about open borders is insane because you need to learn to respect borders or boundaries if you are ever going to have peace.

>legal hell
>being sued for telling jokes

FREE SPEECH THO

>But who do you support in a world like this in an election? Donald Trump?

The whole point of lobbyists, think tanks, etc is to make elections matter as little as possible. Just look at all the policy positions Trump has changed since the election.

Academia, media, finance, etc can all collude and put up pressure on Trump to say, change his opinion on withdrawing from Afghanistan, despite the fact that it's a total failure and has been a total failure for well over 15 years now.

You don't have a democracy or sovereignty unless you have nationalism.

Telling jokes =/= slander

John Oliver's show is the biggest load of shit. Every critique he has of anyone is "LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE MAKING MONEY PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES AT A COST AND NOT WANTING TO LOSE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN A LAW SUIT THAT ISNT MUCH OF THEIR FAULT!" Every. Fucking. Time.
I would love to see him fry.

I'm sure George Soros will send HBO some money to cover the fees

the destruction of nationalism and democracy is good for the rootless cosmopolitan, corporate elite as it makes them richer while impoverishing the working classes and returning them back to slavery.

The elite always look for a slave class to dominate, and if they can't find one they will import it. That's a major reason for mass immigration, it's not just for destroying ethnostates, it's for replacing them with obedient slaves who won't object to exploitation.

>since he openly support nationalism over globalism

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gawker posted a private video against court orders and rightfully got rekt for their double standrds. John Oliver legitimately dindu nuffin in this instance and the guy whose suing him has no chance.

Is it even true that Trumps family name was Drumpf or whatever?

Yes, and John Oliver is part of the globalist attack on the white american identity. This tactic used to be common knowledge that was taught in basic military training as part of defense against psychological warfare from foreign occupier. John Oliver is basically the propaganda head of a foreign occupier ridiculing and removing power from the rightful authority so that they can be replaced. In a sane country him and his producers would be put in jail or killed.

Donald Trump uses the word nationalism as something that is necessary. They have made it into a dirty word. Nationalist and nazi are basically synonymous at this point.